PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good idea?

GDuty5_Chic
01-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Yes I am asking for opinions :D

So I recently got engaged and went to pick out a ring. We ended up at the Shane Co. and I saw one I totally fell in love with. Unfortunately he didn't fall in love with the price and didn't have the $$ to get it.

He definitely wants to get it for me I know he does :D but I guess it will take time, since he is the "pay cash" for everything type guy. Fortunately for him I already have an account with Shane Co. with the exact amount for the ring.

But I don't know if it is a good idea to let him charge it on my account and let him pay it off. Currently it is at a zero balance so anything interest he occurs with be because of the ring.

Now we are in a kind of rush for the ring since we will be leaving in 3 weeks for Vegas which is where we are going to get married. Shot gun wedding and NO I am not pregnant LOL I know thats what yall are thinking.

My moms already planned a Vietnamese wedding in Vietnam for next Jan.

1000cckiller
01-25-2008, 09:27 AM

So I recently got engaged and went to pick out a ring. We ended up at the Shane Co. and I saw one I totally fell in love with. Unfortunately he didn't fall in love with the price and didn't have the $$ to get it.

He definitely wants to get it for me I know he does :D but I guess it will take time, since he is the "pay cash" for everything type guy. Fortunately for him I already have an account with Shane Co. with the exact amount for the ring.

But I don't know if it is a good idea to let him charge it on my account and let him pay it off. Currently it is at a zero balance so anything interest he occurs with be because of the ring.

Now we are in a kind of rush for the ring since we will be leaving in 3 weeks for Vegas which is where we are going to get married. Shot gun wedding and NO I am not pregnant LOL I know thats what yall are thinking.

My moms already planned a Vietnamese wedding in Vietnam for next Jan.I give yall 6 months, and you both will want out.

hydroshutter
01-25-2008, 09:28 AM
No.

to marriage and charging the ring.

1000cckiller
01-25-2008, 09:29 AM
No.

to marriage and charging the ring.exactly, if he can't afford the ring now. How will he anytime soon?

mocha latte cupcake
01-25-2008, 09:30 AM
ok well... why the rush for vegas? and why the super expensive ring and you guy is smart why pay intrest on something that you can just save a few more months for and pay for it out right. he's being the smarter here, its not an impulse buy. but best of luck to both.

On_Her_Face
01-25-2008, 09:30 AM
NOTE: DOUBTFUL YOU WILL GET ANY SERIOUS RESPONSES HERE

i would never buy a ring from shane co just because of the damn commercials on the radio

1000cckiller
01-25-2008, 09:32 AM
ok well... why the rush for vegas? and why the super expensive ring and you guy is smart why pay intrest on something that you can just save a few more months for and pay for it out right. he's being the smarter here, its not an impulse buy. but best of luck to both.he doesn't want to get married.

Echonova
01-25-2008, 09:33 AM
If you have to finance it, you can't afford it. Are you going to think less of him if you don't get the ring you want RIGHT NOW?… Buy a ring you can afford, and save up to buy the ring you want. Keep the finance charges you would have paid in your bank account. Instant gratification FTL…

On_Her_Face
ok well... why the rush for vegas? and why the super expensive ring and you guy is smart why pay intrest on something that you can just save a few more months for and pay for it out right. he's being the smarter here, its not an impulse buy. but best of luck to both.he doesn't want to get married.

fail.

Sammich
for one...to get married so quick after an engagement..:wtf:

and two...if you want to charge this ring or w/e...call this lady up..i'm sure she will tell you what you NEED to hear

http://www.chicagogigs.com/images/content/suze-orman_suze-orman__tickets_5340545.jpg

PS if he can't pay for the ring cash, then wait. i'm not gettin my wife an expensive set until at least 5years into it..believe me

mocha latte cupcake
01-25-2008, 09:34 AM
WHAT?! i was trying to be nice about what i said lol who wants to get married if its a shot gun wedding it mean he wants something that he probably won't want in a few months FOOK YOU BILLY BOY!

GDuty5_Chic
01-25-2008, 09:35 AM
ok well... why the rush for vegas? and why the super expensive ring and you guy is smart why pay intrest on something that you can just save a few more months for and pay for it out right. he's being the smarter here, its not an impulse buy. but best of luck to both.

He is playing it smart and I give him credit for it. He had a lot of car troubles this month including a new transmission thats really why he couldnt get the ring as well.

The rush for vegas is not a major rush its just that we are totally in love. The trip to vegas is originally just vacation but since we are there yanno why not, but he wants to do things a certain way. He wants to give me the engagement ring I want otherwise we would have to wait.

Which of course for me I cant. I am the gimme now type, sorry to say but I am :eek:

hydroshutter
01-25-2008, 09:36 AM
that marriage is GOING PLACES.

ATK_Designs
01-25-2008, 09:36 AM
what type did you choose? Shane Co. is decent, but not the best for the price and quality.

If you want a good deal, LMK. I bought a princess cut Belgium, IF, Color D, 1.02 carat, with the platinum ring for a steal. So if you want good ones, or perhaps the top notch GIA qualified, it's hard to get the deal at Shane co.

But on the serious note, since you guys are young, getting an average ring is decent. Save that money toward something else better. That's what true love and marriage is about. The ring is nothing but a symbol of being married. Size, quality, etc doesn't really matter. It can be bought later if you want. Right now, thinking smart is the better option. :goodjob:

GDuty5_Chic
01-25-2008, 09:37 AM
NOTE: DOUBTFUL YOU WILL GET ANY SERIOUS RESPONSES HERE

true dat I should of known sometimes there are some serious responses

hydroshutter
01-25-2008, 09:37 AM
THIS IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER....

So he can't pay for his car repairs, but wants to buy you a ring he can't afford to pay uneccessary interest for whenever you two are getting married?

Nismo
01-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Totally in love? What are you in highschool? How long have you two totally in love people been together? 2 weeks?

On_Her_Face
this is not any advice, but no way in hell am i getting married till 29 maybe 30.

hydroshutter
My first response was a serious one :(

Sammich
He is playing it smart and I give him credit for it. He had a lot of car troubles this month including a new transmission thats really why he couldnt get the ring as well.

The rush for vegas is not a major rush its just that we are totally in love. The trip to vegas is originally just vacation but since we are there yanno why not, but he wants to do things a certain way. He wants to give me the engagement ring I want otherwise we would have to wait.

Which of course for me I cant. I am the gimme now type, sorry to say but I am :eek:

if you are really in love the ring shouldnt make a big difference unless you just wana show off. get something nice and affordable...hell go to QVC and get some diamonique sh*t. that was my last resort cuz the diamond wrap i got for my wife got stolen cuz it was in my teg when it got stolen.

if you are really in love, then it shouldnt be no biggie to wait. i mean...what's the rush?

1000cckiller
01-25-2008, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=WHAT_LAG]

fail.fawk you TJ Hooker

GDuty5_Chic
01-25-2008, 09:39 AM
THIS IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER....

So he can't pay for his car repairs, but wants to buy you a ring he can't afford to pay uneccessary interest for whenever you two are getting married?

omg can u read? he had to pay for his car repaires thats why he didnt have money to pay for the ring

Echonova
01-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Which of course for me I cant. I am the gimme now type, sorry to say but I am :eek: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/platinumdrug/Linked/Gold-Digger.jpg

LOL j/k:D

hydroshutter
01-25-2008, 09:40 AM
omg can u read? he had to pay for his car repaires thats why he didnt have money to pay for the ring

LIEK OMGZZZ CAN I REED?!?!?!?

Yes, you idiot.

I'm not the one making drastic, life-changing decisions and asking a CAR FORUM.

Are you rushing to get married because your Visa is about to expire?

GDuty5_Chic
01-25-2008, 09:41 AM
LIEK OMGZZZ CAN I REED?!?!?!?

Yes, you idiot.

I'm not the one making drastic, life-changing decisions and asking a CAR FORUM.

Are you rushing to get married because your Visa is about to expire?

:lmfao::lmfao:I am a US citizen fag, so like OMG eat me

1000cckiller
01-25-2008, 09:42 AM
**** you white hoes get attached to quick.

Sammich
01-25-2008, 09:42 AM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/platinumdrug/Linked/Gold-Digger.jpg
truth if you can't wait and you gota have that BIG FLASHY ring and you can't wait...then you are a gold digger. if you can't find something nice and affordable that you will be satisfied with until you are able to get something else...then you arent ready.

my wife suprised me...she told me (before we got engaged) 'go find a sterling silver ring that will make me happy.' being the man i am did more and found a nice deal on a white gold solitare and matched it w/ a band

1000cckiller
01-25-2008, 09:43 AM
:lmfao::lmfao:I am a US citizen fag, so like OMG eat menews flash your man tried that already, he said it sucked thats why he's not buying the ring.

Crazy Asian
01-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Why you going to Shane Co? I mean you have an account, **** THAT PLACE. Go get it custom made. Just take that design goto a well know a jeweler and they can make taht same exact model and whenever it breaks just bring it back to them and you never have to wait 1-2 months to get it repaired.

hydroshutter
01-25-2008, 09:44 AM
It's cool, I'd hate to be deported too...

GDuty5_Chic
01-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Why you going to Shane Co? I mean you have an account, **** THAT PLACE. Go get it custom made. Just take that design goto a well know a jeweler and they can make taht same exact model and whenever it breaks just bring it back to them and you never have to wait 1-2 months to get it repaired.

dont u work in a jewlery shop?

Sammich
01-25-2008, 09:45 AM
news flash your man tried that already, he said it sucked thats why he's not buying the ring.

quoted for the whole truth and nothing but the truth...so help you stink and nasty puss

hydroshutter
01-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Your future ex husband is pounding that cute receptionist girl at the Transmission shop as I type this.

GDuty5_Chic
01-25-2008, 09:46 AM
news flash your man tried that already, he said it sucked thats why he's not buying the ring.

lame :gay:

Crazy Asian
01-25-2008, 09:47 AM
ya. I work at a jewelry shop. But right now Im just learning the ropes and trick. I cant do anything yet.

hydroshutter
lame :gay:

http://i31.tinypic.com/so4gpk.gif

1000cckiller
True, I suck:troof

Sammich
Your future ex husband is pounding that cute receptionist girl at the Transmission shop as I type this.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ex_Vtec_Girl
truth if you can't wait and you gota have that BIG FLASHY ring and you can't wait...then you are a gold digger. if you can't find something nice and affordable that you will be satisfied with until you are able to get something else...then you arent ready.

He's right! I'm like you...if I find something I want, I have no patience & will do whatever I have to do (LEGALLY) to get it. But if you 2 are really in love, then wait! There's no point in rushing. And if you can't/won't be happy with a ring that he can afford, even if it's just temporary, then no matter what you say, you're not truly in love with him.

Nismo
01-25-2008, 09:50 AM
bhahaha this thread is just great, she is trying to argue her point and in her close mind she thinks it perfectly acceptable. Though judging by the fact she drives a 2005 g35 (says so in her profile) she is probably pretty spoiled already. High maintenance FTL.

Now take my girlfriend for instance. Her family is rich as all holy hell with an ubsene amount of acreage in the blue ridge mountains in tennessee and bought her a 175k condo to live in while she goes to KSU. For Christmas I got her a tiffanys necklace and a starwars book. You know which she was more excited about? The star wars book. She said the necklace is nice but she doesnt like expensive things. That gentlemen is a keeper.

Thank you, your friendly neighborhood Nismo.

Sammich
01-25-2008, 09:51 AM
http://i31.tinypic.com/so4gpk.gif

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Crazy Asian
01-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Damn well what do I do with this 25,000 diamond that Ive been saving up for my future wife?

Nismo
01-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Damn well what do I do with this 25,000 diamond that Ive been saving up for my future wife?

Ill tell you what you do, you sell that diamond and buy that Chevelle SS thats forsale in the forsale section!

Crazy Asian
01-25-2008, 09:55 AM
LOL HAHAAHH I kid. Im looking for a flawless diamond for my future wife.

Nismo
01-25-2008, 09:56 AM
I still feel the chevelle would be a better investment in the long run. You could get you a pin up girl with that car in a second....

Sammich
01-25-2008, 09:56 AM
LOL HAHAAHH I kid. Im looking for a flawless diamond for my future wife.

u must first find a flawless wife...GOOD LUCK:lmfao:

1000cckiller
01-25-2008, 09:57 AM
u must first find a flawless wife...GOOD LUCK:lmfao:that will never happen

GDuty5_Chic
bhahaha this thread is just great, she is trying to argue her point and in her close mind she thinks it perfectly acceptable. Though judging by the fact she drives a 2005 g35 (says so in her profile) she is probably pretty spoiled already. High maintenance FTL.

Now take my girlfriend for instance. Her family is rich as all holy hell with an ubsene amount of acreage in the blue ridge mountains in tennessee and bought her a 175k condo to live in while she goes to KSU. For Christmas I got her a tiffanys necklace and a starwars book. You know which she was more excited about? The star wars book. She said the necklace is nice but she doesnt like expensive things. That gentlemen is a keeper.

Thank you, your friendly neighborhood Nismo.

Yes but that is my car and I purchased it.

Nismo
http://www.risingsunofnihon.com/uploads/Jun_Natsukawa22.jpgHere ya go, a jdm pin-up

Crazy Asian
01-25-2008, 09:58 AM
I WILL TRY!!!!!! IN MY INSANE PSYCHOTIC BABY EATING POWER I WILL FIND A WIFE THAT SHARES THE GODAMN SAME PASSION!!!

hydroshutter
01-25-2008, 09:58 AM
u must first find a unicorn...GOOD LUCK:lmfao:

Fixed.

1000cckiller
01-25-2008, 09:59 AM
http://www.risingsunofnihon.com/uploads/Jun_Natsukawa22.jpgHere ya go, a jdm pin-upwhere her jdm tits

BABY J
WHO CARES about a d*amn ring. Or a d*mn wedding? What's the point really if u are REALLY in love? Save the money for a house or a car or KY.

Princess12
No offense of anykind is meant from this post; however, I would like to put in my opinion. Rushing this whole engagement/wedding thing is not a good idea. I was and still am completely in love with my husband at the time when he proposed to me, but during the year we had of planning our wedding together and preparing for married life, we learned a great deal about each other. Did it make me love him less? Absolutely not. Believe me, I was just as excited as anyone to say "I do," but in that year of our engagement, we learned a great deal about ourselves and each other. If you love him now, and you think you are ready to spend the rest of your life with him, why not spend a little time getting things together? I understand that everyone is different, but marriage is not something to rush into.

Concerning the ring... I'm not going to get into your finances; however, if not being able to have the ring of your dreams is going to postpone this wedding. I would let it be postponed. There is a lot more to marriage...

Sammich
01-25-2008, 10:00 AM
I WILL TRY!!!!!! IN MY INSANE PSYCHOTIC BABY EATING POWER I WILL FIND A WIFE THAT SHARES THE GODAMN SAME PASSION!!!

LOL

Fixed.

unicorn
http://static.flickr.com/53/152170069_308405483e.jpg

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!:lmfao:

hydroshutter
01-25-2008, 10:02 AM
That's like a Manatee with a hard-on.

Princess12
01-25-2008, 10:03 AM

Lol +1 if I can

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to hydroshutter again.

Sammich
01-25-2008, 10:03 AM
No offense of anykind is meant from this post; however, I would like to put in my opinion. Rushing this whole engagement/wedding thing is not a good idea. I was and still am completely in love with my husband at the time when he proposed to me, but during the year we had of planning our wedding together and preparing for married life, we learned a great deal about each other. Did it make me love him less? Absolutely not. Believe me, I was just as excited as anyone to say "I do," but in that year of our engagement, we learned a great deal about ourselves and each other. If you love him now, and you think you are ready to spend the rest of your life with him, why not spend a little time getting things together? I understand that everyone is different, but marriage is not something to rush into.

Concerning the ring... I'm not going to get into your finances; however, if not being able to have the ring of your dreams is going to postpone this wedding. I would let it be postponed. There is a lot more to marriage...

+13 fawkin indeed. u gota live after that damn ring and wedding. you spend all your money on the ring and wedding and you have all those expenses from that BS...you are going to create more problems, stemming from finanaces...and how will you get a home? or other things you need or want?

LEARN ABOUT EACH OTHER. i agree with princess..it ended up being 9months before my wife and i got engaged after i proposed...and i post poned it 2months later b/c i figured we needed it. you sit there and rush things that dont need to be rushed and you will regret it..FAWKIN WAIT

WHO CARES about a d*amn ring. Or a d*mn wedding? What's the point really if u are REALLY in love? Save the money for a house or a car or KY.

WHO THE FAWK CARES ABOUT A HOUSE...

KY is where its at:idb: :idb: :idb: :idb: :idb: :idb:

Sammich
01-25-2008, 10:04 AM

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: thats a fawkin unicorn whale

Crazy Asian
01-25-2008, 10:04 AM
bah. PBS IS GETTING NO CANDY TONIGT!!

Sammich
01-25-2008, 10:05 AM
bah. PBS IS GETTING NO CANDY TONIGT!!

damn right..i'm gettin some ass:idb: :idb: :idb: :idb: :love: :tongue1: :tongue1:

Crazy Asian
01-25-2008, 10:05 AM
you're getting old and haggard.

Echonova
01-25-2008, 10:11 AM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/hitchenaridetomisery/Love%20And%20Hate/Shallow.gif

Sammich
01-25-2008, 10:13 AM
lol @ echo's tr00f...*nurse calls* aye echo..they callin u n*gga

Echonova
01-25-2008, 10:13 AM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p270/mresallday/vegas.jpg

Spectic Tank
01-25-2008, 10:15 AM

ON TOPIC:

I bought my fiance's ring from Shane Co.. You say you have a Shane card right? Well when I got mine all my purchases were 12 months interest free, so I don't see why he would be worried about the interest if he can pay it off in a year. If he can't pay it off in twelve months then you should NOT let him put anything on your card because when those 12 months are up you are gonna get hit with some serious interest.

OFF-TOPIC:

Majority of divorces are because of financial conflict and if you guys are having this much trouble getting a ring I can't imagine the future is gonna be much brighter. Out of curiosity...how old are you two? and how long have you guys been together.

BTW: When you buy a ring from Shane they appraise it and you can always get the amount you paid for the ring(minus taxes and other fees). That my be helpful in the future.

Sammich
01-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Majority of divorces are because of financial conflict and if you guys are having this much trouble getting a ring I can't imagine the future is gonna be much brighter. Out of curiosity...how old are you two? and how long have you guys been together.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

hydroshutter
01-25-2008, 10:18 AM
In a hurry to "grow up" because of society FTL.

Spectic Tank
01-25-2008, 10:21 AM
In a hurry to "grow up" because of society FTL.

Maybe they're just in it for the tax write-off...

Princess12
01-25-2008, 10:21 AM
OFF-TOPIC:

I don't think you're off topic at all. I agree with you 100%. Reps if I can.

Sammich
01-25-2008, 10:22 AM

thats what i got in it for...WHOOOOOOOOOPPS..that wasnt suppose to come out

hydroshutter
01-25-2008, 10:24 AM

Citizenship

:snickers:

Crazy Asian
01-25-2008, 10:24 AM
if you had kids 300 bucks more.

Fred Sanford
01-25-2008, 10:30 AM
This thread has got to be a joke. What kind of losers are the OP and her bf? Really, what car repairs were so expensive that they apparently drained his entire $500 life savings? Did he need to get a new triple-wing spoiler? Hit a speedbump too fast and rip his mad-tyte jdm air dam off?
Maybe you'd both be better off buying your jewlery at a pawn shop, after all, it's going to end up there anyway the next time he has to buy some pimptastic winshield washer nozzle lights for his show car. By show car I mean total pos.
You both fail at life, I can only hope the seatbelt on the plane to LV cuts the blood flow to his testis sachel and renders them useless. I'd hate to know that two people, who have a total IQ less than my dog, actually produced offspring.

PS- vietnam is a ****hole. ****ing charlie.

JustinSane110™
01-25-2008, 10:31 AM
u must first find a flawless wife...GOOD LUCK:lmfao:
http://bygonetv.com/shows/mission_impossible/images/mission_impossible_logo.gif

hydroshutter
01-25-2008, 10:33 AM
This thread has got to be a joke. What kind of losers are the OP and her bf? Really, what car repairs were so expensive that they apparently drained his entire $500 life savings? Did he need to get a new triple-wing spoiler? Hit a speedbump too fast and rip his mad-tyte jdm air dam off?
Maybe you'd both be better off buying your jewlery at a pawn shop, after all, it's going to end up there anyway the next time he has to buy some pimptastic winshield washer nozzle lights for his show car. By show car I mean total pos.
You both fail at life, I can only hope the seatbelt on the plane to LV cuts the blood flow to his testis sachel and renders them useless. I'd hate to know that two people, who have a total IQ less than my dog, actually produced offspring.

PS- vietnam is a ****hole. ****ing charlie.

I needed this. :lmfao:

Sammich
01-25-2008, 10:35 AM

indeed:lmao:

hydroshutter
01-25-2008, 10:36 AM

Is it being celebrated in ditches and underground tunnels?

http://i27.tinypic.com/21d3mnq.jpg

Crazy Asian
01-25-2008, 10:37 AM

hahahh crazy asian is gonan find someone and then Im gonan tell her to laugh at all your arses. give me 6 years LOL.

Sammich
01-25-2008, 10:37 AM
you are going to need 2 lifetimes

Crazy Asian
01-25-2008, 10:39 AM
too long. *Looks throught mail order bride* HMM FOUND ONE FOR 1200 DOLLARS

JustinSane110™
01-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Is it being celebrated in ditches and underground tunnels?

http://i27.tinypic.com/21d3mnq.jpg
Hell yeah, with a rice field as the backdrop. With this rice farmer/minister/child toucher performing the ceremony.
http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/Vietnam/05vn148.jpg

Sammich
01-25-2008, 10:41 AM
too long. *Looks throught mail order bride* HMM FOUND ONE FOR 1200 DOLLARS

lol, be sure to treat her right

hydroshutter
01-25-2008, 10:43 AM
She will wear the finest garments made out of the Village Silkworm's excrement.

Crazy Asian
01-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Im a make her do the dishes, laundry, cleaning and what not. If she does not cooperate shes being deported back to russia.

Sammich
01-25-2008, 10:48 AM
and get another...gota make sure u send her back within 90 days...o yea make sure she cooperates w/ the buttsecks lol

Kevykev
01-25-2008, 11:02 AM
for one...to get married so quick after an engagement..:wtf:

and two...if you want to charge this ring or w/e...call this lady up..i'm sure she will tell you what you NEED to hear

http://www.chicagogigs.com/images/content/suze-orman_suze-orman__tickets_5340545.jpg

PS if he can't pay for the ring cash, then wait. i'm not gettin my wife an expensive set until at least 5years into it..believe me

hahahaaa Ask Suze!@

AnthonyF
01-25-2008, 11:28 AM
if i was him, my words would be something like:

"Fùck you you greedy little money hungry b*tch."

your a materialistic person and I feel sorry for your man.

Sammich
01-25-2008, 11:29 AM
well..actually he's only a man when he learns to balls up and tell her if you can't wait then get a life

AnthonyF
01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
well..actually he's only a man when he learns to balls up and tell her if you can't wait then get a life

i guess I should have expressed how i really felt about it....o'well. I'm sure she will post up more ridiculous threads about how she wants this and that and he hubby wont buy it for her.

Sammich
01-25-2008, 11:35 AM
lol @ if she really calls suze orman she'll get pwnt lol

Sack Attack
01-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Now you have a friend in the diamond business!

Open weeknights til 8 saturday and sunday til 9

Online at Shaneco.com

Vayda
01-25-2008, 05:00 PM
They say you're supposed to spend about 2 months salary on an engagement ring, so I think financing a ring is a lot more common than it seems... But since that's not an option, and you're looking for a quickie wedding, there might be a compromise.

Does your mom/his mom/your grandmothers/his grandmothers still wear their engagement ring? If not, ask if you can have the diamond. Removing the diamond from the price of the ring (so you pay for a band, a claw, and whatever sidestones you may want) can significantly reduce it. Possibility?

If shane co won't do that (i've never bought from them) you could go to a real jeweler. They'd be happy to sell you just a setting.

Leadfoot_mf
01-25-2008, 05:06 PM

this should be a warning for him and he should bail. damn women always want more than the man can give. if your man is reading this. run man run.