PDA

View Full Version : My Disappointment of the Month

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 05:20 PM
So i have recently been saving up my funds to buy MY OWN vehicle (a.k.a. not given to my by my parents). I was looking at many C3 corvettes which range from 11k~50k. My price range is somewhere in the 15k~16k area, however when i walked into work today i noticed we had a cobra traded in. It was 2003 terminator black, good paint, vert, no tears in the seats, and also 47k miles. After i got done checking it out i went into my office to find out what deal the car was traded in on (that way i would know which sales person to ask about the car). I found out that we gave the person $11,300 for the trade, so i'm thinking to myself HOLY ****ING **** this would be a steal for me since i would be able to purchase the car for $11,500. I called my dad just incase I did need a co-signer because I doubt I have enough credit, he said thats fine he'll co-sign with me. I walk up to the GSM and ask him that i want to purchase the cobra today and he informed me that it was sold about three hours ago.

I can only hope that the deal falls through for me to purchase it. However the current people buying the mustang are paying more, :(, so they have the upper hand.

BiH1320
01-24-2008, 05:22 PM
verrryy sad sadd storry.....

EJ25RUN
not really a rant

DirtyMechanic
yeah because you wont try to drift that into a light pole... jk....

BiH1320
but goodluck man.

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 05:24 PM
well sorta a rant, more of a disappointment

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Hah, my dad pimped slap me when I told him I was buying a Honda Accord. Godamn that hurt. He told me to save the money.

OneSlow5pt0
01-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Hah, my dad pimped slap me when I told him I was buying a Honda Accord. Godamn that hurt. He told me to save the money.

x2,everyone mad at be on cause im probbly gonna buy a 29 year old car

JConner
01-24-2008, 09:51 PM
So i have recently been saving up my funds to buy MY OWN vehicle (a.k.a. not given to my by my parents). I was looking at many C3 corvettes which range from 11k~50k. My price range is somewhere in the 15k~16k area, however when i walked into work today i noticed we had a cobra traded in. It was 2003 terminator black, good paint, vert, no tears in the seats, and also 47k miles. After i got done checking it out i went into my office to find out what deal the car was traded in on (that way i would know which sales person to ask about the car). I found out that we gave the person $11,300 for the trade, so i'm thinking to myself HOLY ****ING **** this would be a steal for me since i would be able to purchase the car for $11,500. I called my dad just incase I did need a co-signer because I doubt I have enough credit, he said thats fine he'll co-sign with me. I walk up to the GSM and ask him that i want to purchase the cobra today and he informed me that it was sold about three hours ago.

I can only hope that the deal falls through for me to purchase it. However the current people buying the mustang are paying more, :(, so they have the upper hand.

your dad is an idiot for co-signing anything with you. while i cannot say anything about you being spoiled since i have had 3 brand new cars given to me by my parents and i am only 21 and in college. BUT, if AND when you default on that car payment that your dad expects you to pay....it WILL RUIN his good credit standing!

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 09:53 PM
your dad is an idiot for co-signing anything with you. while i cannot say anything about you being spoiled since i have had 3 brand new cars given to me by my parents and i am only 21 and in college. BUT, if AND when you default on that car payment that your dad expects you to pay....it RUINS his good credit!

sorry should of stated this before, i have to money to buy outright, just dont want to put all my eggs in one basket.

Quattro Kid
01-24-2008, 09:54 PM
good thing i had to find this out through IA and not through a phone call, b/c you deff didn't say you'd tell me whats up or anything....

so really i guess I'm saying thank you for doing what you said you would.... a-whrole lol

03RCode
01-24-2008, 09:55 PM
I know where an insanely clean 2003 with less than 24k on it is for around $20,000 maybe less... stock except H&R springs and DD bullitts... if your interested PM me or hit me up in the other thread.

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 09:56 PM
good thing i had to find this out through IA and not through a phone call, b/c you deff didn't say you'd tell me whats up or anything....

so really i guess I'm saying thank you for doing what you said you would.... a-whrole lol

ya i was a little short on the phone.. u get ur 360 checked out?

JConner
01-24-2008, 09:56 PM
sorry should of stated this before, i have to money to buy outright, just dont want to put all my eggs in one basket.

yes why would anyone with any common sense (even though it is not tha common any more) buy a car with cash? I dont know about you...but the money i have in my Charles Schwab account makes MUCH more interest than i would have to pay on a car loan IF i had to get my own car loan.

So true, if you do have the money to pay for the car in cash, congrats....you have joined the elite :)

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 09:57 PM
At least your paying for your car. Nothing wrong with that. Dad co-signing means he's knows your responsible or doesnt give a ****. LOL

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:00 PM
At least your paying for your car. Nothing wrong with that. Dad co-signing means he's knows your responsible or doesnt give a ****. LOL

LOL i honestly don't know which it is

Quattro Kid
01-24-2008, 10:05 PM
no i've got to tell him about it. the box to send it off to the xbox people came in today so i'll tell him about it, who knows whats going on, oh and i don't think laurens gonna buy me the HD DVD player anymore i'm gonna have to buy that myself, but it's cool i should have enough for it by tomorrow, but imma wait till the xbox gets fixed first

SEAN
01-24-2008, 10:05 PM
hate to say it but anything given to you by your parents or is that high priced even if you are helping pay for it means spoiled...not many peeps your age drive a corvette...pay for it for yourself and gain some pride and respect...good luck with it all...

RandomGuy
01-24-2008, 10:11 PM
what are the odds, i just bought a terminator black 03 cobra earlier today, roughly 3 hours before I saw you... Strange coincidence.

Dracc
highly doubt it will fall through.. when i used to sell cars we got a cobra terminator blacc and it was gone when we did the inspections.. let it go for 17k bought it for 10

JConner
hate to say it but anything given to you by your parents or is that high priced even if you are helping pay for it means spoiled...not many peeps your age drive a corvette...pay for it for yourself and gain some pride and respect...good luck with it all...

oh shutup

my parents are what you call high-achievers, and so were their parents. Which means that they are willing to do exactly what their parents did for them and pay for my education and lifestyle until i graduate college so that i can continue to do so for my children in the future. SO HA! This means that the Conner family will only continue to prosper! :cheers:

Quattro Kid
01-24-2008, 10:12 PM
dude shut the fukc up, you fukcing know for a damn fact that if your parents offered you a CORVETTE that you'd take that ish in a heart beat, his parents worked hard to be able to get him nice things, so take your ignorant criticisms elsewhere and shove them preferably up your anal cavity

dLux636
01-24-2008, 10:12 PM
sucks for youuuuuuuu

Quattro Kid
01-24-2008, 10:13 PM
oh **** i didn't see that you said that JConor haha that's pretty funny that we said the same thing basically

JConner
01-24-2008, 10:14 PM
dude shut the fukc up, you fukcing know for a damn fact that if your parents offered you a CORVETTE that you'd take that ish in a heart beat, his parents worked hard to be able to get him nice things, so take your ignorant criticisms elsewhere and shove them preferably up your anal cavity

hell yea if my parents offered me a corvette i would take it! but see, my parents are smart....they don't spend lots of money on vehicles that drop by $10,000 in value when i drive it off of the lot! :) this is why i drive a modest toyota vehicle that is paid off and will allow me to not have a car payment for the next ten years!

Got Milk?
01-24-2008, 10:15 PM
AWWW, beleive me, i feel u.

AlanŽ
01-24-2008, 10:16 PM
:thinking: :lmfao:

JConner
01-24-2008, 10:17 PM
:thinking: :lmfao:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to redGT again.

Quattro Kid
01-24-2008, 10:18 PM
X2 lol

AlanŽ
01-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Seriously though that had to be the most a$$ backwards statement I have heard in this thread yet.

LS2_Kid I know that your the type of person not to let this kind of bs get to you but it kinda gets under mine just hearing it cause I used to get the same ****.

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:19 PM
pay for it myself will give me pride and respect? who are you toretto? do i have to put up my pink slip and race you for respect?

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 10:20 PM
I got offered an M3 if I had A's and B's. too bad I got all B's and 1 C. I got a Prelude for the grad present. I Had no idea they were gonna give me that either. I thought they were gonna give me the Camry.

JConner
01-24-2008, 10:24 PM
im getting confused on who approves of my posts here....there are so many people in this conversation.

so since this is a dictatorship, add to my rep please!

Got Milk?
I got offered an M3 if I had A's and B's. too bad I got all B's and 1 C. I got a Prelude for the grad present. I Had no idea they were gonna give me that either. I thought they were gonna give me the Camry.

M3. Damn, i would be the biggest nerd for a year just to get all A's and B's. By the way :love:

On_Her_Face

e36 or e46

just in my personal opinion i like the e36 better (97-98 4door) but the e46 is definitly more of a panty dropper

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 10:25 PM
E46. Brand new. Fawk, should have studied instead of ditching. LOL

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:25 PM
im getting confused on who approves of my posts here....there are so many people in this conversation.

so since this is a dictatorship,.........................!

hurry edit your post.

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:26 PM
E46. Brand new. Fawk, should have studied instead of ditching. LOL
lol i couldnt get an e46.. my dad has only bought one import in his life haha

JConner
01-24-2008, 10:26 PM
What???? i cant hurry cause i dont know what im supposed to say! ahahahaha
hurry edit your post.

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (10 members and 0 guests)
LS2_KID, JConner, redfire6i, antiv6, gijoe0720, MR.org, Dracc, dannysun, ironchef, SEAN

come on, post asshat. let us read more of your great wisdom.

Crazy Asian
lol i couldnt get an e46.. my dad has only bought one import in his life haha

ahah he's the all american dad. ALL HAIL DOMESTICS!!!!

antiv6
what did the person trade it in towards, he got butt raped trading it in for that much

JConner
01-24-2008, 10:28 PM
M3. Damn, i would be the biggest nerd for a year just to get all A's and B's. By the way :love:

haha how old are you? i went to private college (young harris) for a year and flunked out of everything becausei wanted to party. I am very proud of my 3.5 i have earned over the past few semesters now

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:29 PM
what did the person trade it in towards, he got butt raped trading it in for that much

GT500
pwnage (7k over sticker)

Quattro Kid
01-24-2008, 10:32 PM
I guess he must've really wanted it, oh yeah I need to see how much that GT500 is going for over at my dealership

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:33 PM
id rather have a regular GT with 25k in my pocket :D

slow_hatch
01-24-2008, 10:35 PM
My dad wanted to get me a '69 Chevelle for my first car. Project car, nothing fully restored or anything. Somehow I talked him out of the into a 88 Civic :thinking: Don't know why, but not that it mattered. I ended up putting it into a tree at about 80. The civic was easier to swallow than if it had been a classic Chevelle :rolleyes: So what happened to you vette??

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:36 PM
still have it

slow_hatch
01-24-2008, 10:38 PM
still have it

So what will happen with it once you buy your own car :thinking:

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:39 PM
So what will happen with it once you buy your own car :thinking:

probably still have the vette, to be honest.

main reason to get the cobra keep for a few months and make money off it.. unless i just couldnt let it go

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 10:40 PM
wait i dont get it. Your dad let you have the corvette or what?

03RCode
01-24-2008, 10:41 PM
haha how old are you? i went to private college (young harris) for a year and flunked out of everything becausei wanted to party. I am very proud of my 3.5 i have earned over the past few semesters now

What years did you go to YHC? I could spit on the campus from my house.

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:42 PM
wait i dont get it. Your dad let you have the corvette or what?

yep, lol hit me with what you got, i'm sure i've heard it :D

03RCode
01-24-2008, 10:43 PM

Does he want to adopt me?

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Does he want to adopt me?
i'll ask him

03RCode
01-24-2008, 10:45 PM
i'll ask him

Sweeeeet! Then we could be brooossss yoooooo!!!!

:goodjob:

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 10:46 PM

your not spoiled. Spoiled is this. My friend. Who owns a condo in Mailbu to goto Pepperdine University. He owns a brand new Cadillac Escalade and a Porsche Cayman S. You aint spoiled he is. His allowance is 3500 a month. Dad makes 10 million a year so im not suprised.

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Sweeeeet! Then we could be brooossss yoooooo!!!!

:goodjob:

he said he has one shit to worry about and doesn't need two

03RCode
01-24-2008, 10:48 PM
he said he has one shit to worry about and doesn't need two

Damn... Oh well.

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:49 PM
your not spoiled. Spoiled is this. My friend. Who owns a condo in Mailbu to goto Pepperdine University. He owns a brand new Cadillac Escalade and a Porsche Cayman S. You aint spoiled he is. His allowance is 3500 a month. Dad makes 10 million a year so im not suprised.

pepperdine is the shiz, i got a buddy that goes there, has a built s4 which he wrecked and daddy fixed (if i wreck my ish, im done) his dad was like the ambassador in germany or something

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 10:50 PM
FAWK LA AND ITS RICH ASS FOLKS!! I HATE TAHT PLACE.

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 10:51 PM
wait i came from there. Damn I fail.

JConner
01-24-2008, 10:52 PM

you ****ing crazy asian

so what if his allowance is $3500 a month???????

his father worked hard for that money and is passing it on to his son.

when my father was alive he made **** loads of money as GM of a car dealership....now my stepfather who is an executive physician and makes close to 7 figures provides me with everything i need. we have a timeshare (condo) in Cancun, my allowance is $1,000 per month to pay for my condo here in Conyers, ga and my electricity bill. Other that that my mom/stepdad take care of everything.

But what people like you dont undrerstand is that once i graduate college with my MBA I will be able to make the same salary that my dad/mom/stepdad make and be able to PAY IT FORWARD (ever heard of this concept?) to my children who will continue to be successful!

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 10:53 PM
he's a horrible kid though. He treats his dad like a bank account and people. I mean if I was getting all that at least be nice...but ya. I hate bastard sometimes. and he aint too smart either.

The Yousef
01-24-2008, 10:54 PM

since you want another car....GIVE ME YOURS RIGHT NOW.

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:56 PM

i would but you neg'd me and hurt my rep powa!

AlanŽ
01-24-2008, 10:56 PM
you ****ing crazy asian

so what if his allowance is $3500 a month???????

his father worked hard for that money and is passing it on to his son.

when my father was alive he made **** loads of money as GM of a car dealership....now my stepfather who is an executive physician and makes close to 7 figures provides me with everything i need. we have a timeshare (condo) in Cancun, my allowance is $1,000 per month to pay for my condo here in Conyers, ga and my electricity bill. Other that that my mom/stepdad take care of everything.

But what people like you dont undrerstand is that once i graduate college with my MBA I will be able to make the same salary that my dad/mom/stepdad make and be able to PAY IT FORWARD (ever heard of this concept?) to my children who will continue to be successful!

See I have never understood why the kids of those who make 6 or 7 figure incomes have to be penalized simply because they get more than those who make less. My dad makes 6 figures and I get all my college stuff taken care of and $100 a week which is nothing compared to some people yet I'm greatful for it and have never bragged about it or asked for more

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Hahah I guess I fall in that category then. Ok ill shutup then. But at least I work for my dad LOL?

JConner
01-24-2008, 10:57 PM

i hope you are kidding with that statement. or do you really expect things to just be handed to you? :taun:

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 10:58 PM
the only money i got was 100 bucks a month (25 a week) i thought i was hot **** in 8th grade, now i work 4 days a week and make 180-200 ish

JConner
01-24-2008, 11:02 PM
See I have never understood why the kids of those who make 6 or 7 figure incomes have to be penalized simply because they get more than those who make less. My dad makes 6 figures and I get all my college stuff taken care of and $100 a week which is nothing compared to some people yet I'm greatful for it and have never bragged about it or asked for more

THANK YOU! The ignorant people just see that as "spoiled" instead of being the child of a high-achiever! Which means that we will only continue the line of high-achiever's instead of the leaches that depend on government.

SicStang03
01-24-2008, 11:02 PM
WOW... he got 11,300 for it?? Was there something wrong with it? I brought mine to an exotic dealer next to me for ****s and giggles trying to test drive a C6 Z06 and they told me they could give me 21K for a trade it... That guy got but sexed.. I would also rather have my car than a GT500... Plus an extra 25K

redrumracer
01-24-2008, 11:04 PM
the one thing i like is how people say that you dont really own a car if you didnt pay for it. hell as long as my parents are willing pay for my cars ill let them. the only thing they dont pay for are engine modifications.

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 11:04 PM
WOW... he got 11,300 for it?? Was there something wrong with it? I brought mine to an exotic dealer next to me for ****s and giggles trying to test drive a C6 Z06 and they told me they could give me 21K for a trade it... That guy got but sexed.. I would also rather have my car than a GT500... Plus an extra 25K

for sure.. nothing wrong with it, the seats looking brand new, maybe the guy was just a tool. we had a guy come in and ended up paying 81k for the new f-450 superduty :lmfao:

Got Milk?
01-24-2008, 11:05 PM
THANK YOU! The ignorant people just see that as "spoiled" instead of being the child of a high-achiever! Which means that we will only continue the line of high-achiever's instead of the leaches that depend on government.

+2

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 11:05 PM
the one thing i like is how people say that you dont really own a car if you didnt pay for it. hell as long as my parents are willing pay for my cars ill let them. the only thing they dont pay for are engine modifications.

same here

JConner
01-24-2008, 11:06 PM

a perfect example is the child that comes home from public school and asks his/her parent "why does bobby/sally get free lunch?"

that is because their parents want the government to take care of their lazy ass........ !

SicStang03
01-24-2008, 11:07 PM
for sure.. nothing wrong with it, the seats looking brand new, maybe the guy was just a tool. we had a guy come in and ended up paying 81k for the new f-450 superduty :lmfao:

Damn.. I got mine for a steal because the guy was at the dealer trading it in when I called. I was like hold on to it for 2 more days and I will pay you 1K more than the trade in value:idb:

Work out good for both of us:yes:

and that idiot who said something about your dad being an idiot for agreeing to cosign is an idiot.

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 11:07 PM
LOL. True. immigrants who have children that attend public school have that free lunch program.

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 11:08 PM
a perfect example is the child that comes home from public school and asks his/her parent "why does bobby/sally get free lunch?"

that is because their parents want the government to take care of their lazy ass........ !
TANSTAAFL, noob.

AlanŽ
01-24-2008, 11:08 PM

yup and they get free health care all the expense of the people who make 6 figures each year

JConner
01-24-2008, 11:09 PM
yup and they get free health care all the expense of the people who make 6 figures each year

can you re-word that in english pleeeeeaseee ! :)

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I want free lunch but too bad there are no such thing as free lunch.

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Damn.. I got mine for a steal because the guy was at the dealer trading it in when I called. I was like hold on to it for 2 more days and I will pay you 1K more than the trade in value:idb:

Work out good for both of us:yes:

and that idiot who said something about your dad being an idiot for agreeing to cosign is an idiot.
agreed.. btw looks like our meet is getting a little bigger :goodjob:

SicStang03
01-24-2008, 11:10 PM
I want free lunch but too bad there are no such thing as free lunch.

You hungweeee
BTW: Kyle still hasn't gotten that harness to finish the fog lights:lmfao:

JConner
01-24-2008, 11:11 PM
TANSTAAFL, noob.

can you please tell me what TANSTAAFL means.....i dont surf the interweb that much! :cheers:

SicStang03
01-24-2008, 11:11 PM
agreed.. btw looks like our meet is getting a little bigger :goodjob:

Bowling?? which meet

JConner
01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
o

oh you meant AT the expense of the people that make 6+ figures.

sorry

but you are definately right

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
You hungweeee
BTW: Kyle still hasn't gotten that harness to finish the fog lights:lmfao:

OMG HE FAILS AHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

SicStang03
01-24-2008, 11:14 PM
OMG HE FAILS AHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

His panals are still off!!! He did order the harness though.. Hopefully we can finish that **** up soon

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 11:14 PM
can you please tell me what TANSTAAFL means.....i dont surf the interweb that much! :cheers:
there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. lol

sicstang03 yes bowling

Crazy Asian
01-24-2008, 11:16 PM
His panals are still off!!! He did order the harness though.. Hopefully we can finish that **** up soon

omg....

JConner
01-24-2008, 11:18 PM
haha aight! TANSTAAFL

but the problem is....

if you are an under achiever ( I don't believe in the word poor)
there is a such thing as free lunch

SicStang03
01-24-2008, 11:18 PM
there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. lol

sicstang03 yes bowling

NICE... I say we start meeting there earlier to kick it in the parking lot and then go in and bowl.. I'm sure we can start getting there at like 9 and telling them we have 15 people and need 4 lanes and we can just chill untill we get the lanes... Save 40bux too:goodjob:

SicStang03
01-24-2008, 11:19 PM
haha aight! TANSTAAFL

but the problem is....

if you are an under achiever ( I don't believe in the word poor)
there is a such thing as free lunch

You mean lazy mofo

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 11:19 PM
NICE... I say we start meeting there earlier to kick it in the parking lot and then go in and bowl.. I'm sure we can start getting there at like 9 and telling them we have 15 people and need 4 lanes and we can just chill untill we get the lanes... Save 40bux too:goodjob:
ya we'll start doing that once its warm lol

AlanŽ
01-24-2008, 11:26 PM
o

oh you meant AT the expense of the people that make 6+ figures.

sorry

but you are definately right
yea my bad playin COD4 and IA are not a good combo

Leadfoot_mf
01-24-2008, 11:40 PM
what would be a bigger disappointment is going from a c6 to a mustang lol.

TheGodfather
01-25-2008, 02:12 AM
HAHAHAHAH!

You have like 16k to spend, but mommy and daddy aren't giving you your car?

Oh, right, they aren't giving it to you, just buying it for you essentially.

1000cckiller
01-25-2008, 08:36 AM
your dad is an idiot for co-signing anything with you. while i cannot say anything about you being spoiled since i have had 3 brand new cars given to me by my parents and i am only 21 and in college. BUT, if AND when you default on that car payment that your dad expects you to pay....it WILL RUIN his good credit standing!damn I feel hate from your post.

On_Her_Face
01-25-2008, 08:45 AM
what would be a bigger disappointment is going from a c6 to a mustang lol.

:lmfao: what was i thinking? :thinking: