PDA

View Full Version : PINKS @ Commerce

rickylsi
01-23-2008, 05:10 PM
I know its pretty far away but can we try to get some imports in this one.
Its on 5/9 & 5/10 . Get the word out.

http://www.atlantadragway.com/apcm/templates/schedule.asp?articleid=26023&zoneid=38&navsource=2008%20Schedule

EJ25RUN
01-23-2008, 05:13 PM
no dont get the word out cause from what i understand at these events... about 1000+ cars are expected. Now obviously if you dont have a 11 sec or faster car it means nothing to you but still.

boosted b
01-23-2008, 05:14 PM
u never know what cars they are going to accept but it won't be less than 13 or 14

tippatone
01-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Pinks loves domestic/ imports get hated on, instead of matching import/import they want to see imports get murdered so they match a mildly modded civic against some beast of a chevy with a very healthy 350 or something

On_Her_Face
01-23-2008, 05:17 PM
i'm gonna run my car there, but ill only run high 12s

EJ25RUN
01-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Pinks loves domestic/ imports get hated on, instead of matching import/import they want to see imports get murdered so they match a mildly modded civic against some beast of a chevy with a very healthy 350 or something

i disagree. they pic cars that would make a good showing on tv and if some crazy imports show up, they have a very good chance of being picked!

tippatone
01-23-2008, 05:23 PM
I hate to admit it, but a chevy and honda going head to head, both boost and spray ready, the chevy is going to win. so why doesn't that punk ass Rich match some imports against one another, I dont ever think I can recall a Pinks episode where a import beat a domestic, if anyone can please enlighten me

EJ25RUN
01-23-2008, 05:26 PM
I hate to admit it, but a chevy and honda going head to head, both boost and spray ready, the chevy is going to win. so why doesn't that punk ass Rich match some imports against one another, I dont ever think I can recall a Pinks episode where a import beat a domestic, if anyone can please enlighten me

yes it has on pinks allout

a boosted crx went to the semi final

*looking now*

EJ25RUN
01-23-2008, 05:29 PM
CRX GOES TO SEMI FINAL ON PINKS CLICK HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGQIXhLDkTo)

tippatone
01-23-2008, 05:31 PM
yes it has on pinks allout

a boosted crx went to the semi final

*looking now*

You are right, you mean the Hasport CRX, I totally forgot about that......

JDMJAYDC2
01-23-2008, 05:48 PM
man damn that im a honda guy at heart but when i wanna see a import bust some domestic ass take the civic of the new year the 240 lol but foreal someone take a sick s13 or s14 up there and finally show that imports can hold there own! Since EVERYBODY has a 240 these days

ueyedgr8tness
01-23-2008, 05:57 PM
man damn that im a honda guy at heart but when i wanna see a import bust some domestic ass take the civic of the new year the 240 lol but foreal someone take a sick s13 or s14 up there and finally show that imports can hold there own! Since EVERYBODY has a 240 these days

:yes: that is what i am talking.

boosted b
01-23-2008, 05:58 PM
hopefully imports in ga ill show off more power than domestics even though i love domestics more now

MIKE.P
01-23-2008, 06:07 PM
i will deff be going!!!! the evo will be ready for this:ninja: :cheers:

On_Her_Face
01-23-2008, 06:11 PM
i will deff be going!!!! the evo will be ready for this:ninja: :cheers:

if my vette were to be sold in the near future i would come pick up your car within the hour of my car being sold

rickylsi
01-23-2008, 06:36 PM
i know theres some pretty fast imports around atl that could hang with the muscle. Its just getting them too run. Im going either way cause its gonna be fun.

JDMJAYDC2
01-23-2008, 06:42 PM
i def wanna go just to see the lame ass host hopefully bust his ass on another motorcycle or better yet see him freeze his ass off in a wife beater with our crazy weather lol def need all the killsforum guys to represent and if you do plan on going please please get a importatlanta sticker to show us off a bit

JITB
01-23-2008, 07:13 PM
repost.. but i hope i can go.. if i dont forget!

santacruz77
01-23-2008, 07:19 PM
i wanna go and run a 25 lol.

i know some folks on here should go.

looks for bugman

TIGERJC
01-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I believe a supra won a all out, it will be airing this season

MIKE.P
01-23-2008, 07:48 PM
if my vette were to be sold in the near future i would come pick up your car within the hour of my car being soldthe evo is not being sold anymore...hence why we are doing an all out build!!!!

Truegiant
01-23-2008, 08:45 PM
im thinking turbo dave should take the truck!!!!!!!!!

DavidTB8889
01-23-2008, 09:35 PM
there is a guy at J3 Motorsport in Buford that has a 500+whp Audi S4, he might be interested

On_Her_Face
01-23-2008, 09:38 PM
the evo is not being sold anymore...hence why we are doing an all out build!!!!

well if and i must say good choice on not selling it :goodjob:

SPOOLIN
01-23-2008, 09:55 PM
if you look at previous all outs, they usually get between 300-and 450 cars that turn out for the event, not 1,000. Having an import or a domestic means nothing at an all out event. They choose a time index and if you run within that index they narrow it down by times and consistensy to get the field, they dont look and see if you got a domestic or an import...just good show. I might enter this for the fun of it.

THEONE
01-23-2008, 11:00 PM
from what ive seen,other states have been weak.i mean weak as far as imports go japs and germans. i think the ATL has got the best overall. best 1/4 mile ets best looking and some damn good shops.
and dammit im tired of lookin at mustangs and novas dominating the tv screen. ive heard all this talk on pinks about repping imports. well i say let em come to GA and let all you 12sec 11 sec 10sec and 9 sec imports show them whats up. you have nothing to loose. you might win 10,000. you might not. but show them that here,here in the ATL we represent.we ride hard. i will be there to bad i have a 16 sec car...lol but you got my support i will be in the stands. i love pinks all out and i would like to see a mob of imports clutter the staging lanes even if they are slow just to say that ga,that the atl is the true home of the tuners.....end rant....lol dont forget to fly them IA stickers after all it is national tv ;)

MIKE.P
01-23-2008, 11:15 PM
amen brother!!!! lol

NevrNufTorq
01-23-2008, 11:22 PM
amen brother!!!! lol

while i completely am with ya on the sentiminet. :goodjob: most of us and you includd will only get one run and then we're gone :( that is unless you're putting in a certified cage and all?!??! :???: other than that it would be cool. :cheers: guess we'll see if they finally go lax on their tech but i doubt it :no:

On_Her_Face
01-23-2008, 11:41 PM
too bad clark won't be able to run (i don't think his car follows all NHRA rules)

and not too many people in his class

03RCode
01-23-2008, 11:51 PM
I know of a few people who will definetly be running in this event. Ill be spectating for sure.

SiRed94
01-23-2008, 11:56 PM
damn... i hope an import squashes this one...

NevrNufTorq
01-23-2008, 11:56 PM
too bad clark won't be able to run (i don't think his car follows all NHRA rules)

clark cant run b/c he doesnt have a certified cage. he went thru tech at tunerfest then went and put his slicks on and they told him he couldnt run. then turbo dave ran once and let out and they told him if he went 11.99 again he was out so he just blasted 1/8th and let out hard. :rolleyes: commerce just blows on tech. thats why most of us only race at steele or sdr or house of hook. :2cents:

but we'll see what happens cause they've never had anyone that has the pull of pinks and whether they could stand the embarrassment of pinks saying how stupid their tech is :D

MIKE.P
01-24-2008, 01:50 AM
while i completely am with ya on the sentiminet. :goodjob: most of us and you includd will only get one run and then we're gone :( that is unless you're putting in a certified cage and all?!??! :???: other than that it would be cool. :cheers: guess we'll see if they finally go lax on their tech but i doubt it :no:damn i never thought about the cage thing....lol...oppsss.

Schugg
01-24-2008, 06:06 AM
i wont be able to be there, someone just let me know when it will be on tv.

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 09:13 AM
clark cant run b/c he doesnt have a certified cage. he went thru tech at tunerfest then went and put his slicks on and they told him he couldnt run. then turbo dave ran once and let out and they told him if he went 11.99 again he was out so he just blasted 1/8th and let out hard. :rolleyes: commerce just blows on tech. thats why most of us only race at steele or sdr or house of hook. :2cents:

but we'll see what happens cause they've never had anyone that has the pull of pinks and whether they could stand the embarrassment of pinks saying how stupid their tech is :D

yep it sucks.. my dad got kicked off without a warning in his 66 gto for going too fas without a helmet (which is 13.99 or better, fucking dumb)

Boosted FC
01-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I would love to see Dave kill some V8s with his truck :goodjob:.

DieselNuts
01-24-2008, 10:47 AM
I dont know why all these people are crying about imports not winning these shows. Run what you brung and hope you brought enough. Thats how this shiit works. If imports really want to win this, they need to step their game up. This 16 car length head start is bullshiit. Even if you win by 1 car length, you still lost by 15. PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

B18c1Turboed
01-24-2008, 11:47 AM
I know we have never had any problems at commerce!! Peter ran a 10.2 at 149 ,his cage is not certified and dont even have the D bars installed, they never said a word too him, and he ran it a few times!!

But at tunerfest they where kinda strict, they checked helmets, made me put jeans on before they would tech me, asked for a jacket and all. So i think it was for that event only they where being an ass, since they had to babysit a bunch of imports on a Sat!

TS240
01-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Well there will be atleast one 240 there.:D

NevrNufTorq
01-24-2008, 01:30 PM
I know we have never had any problems at commerce!! Peter ran a 10.2 at 149 ,his cage is not certified and dont even have the D bars installed, they never said a word too him, and he ran it a few times!!

But at tunerfest they where kinda strict, they checked helmets, made me put jeans on before they would tech me, asked for a jacket and all. So i think it was for that event only they where being an ass, since they had to babysit a bunch of imports on a Sat!
thats why everyone complains about them. if your car looks legit and all yall's cars you race have cages and all, then you get to run. they wont look for certification or anything. but if bee goes and strolls out a low 11 or a high 10 they crawl his butt for the removable door bars!!! just totally inconsistent. they dont want anyone to street race but then they want us to have race cars to come race at the track :???: they got on to me the one time i went up there in the vette and went 11.9. total bull imho. thats why there arent any good races there. they saw cause theyre nhra. but so is valdosta and sc(house of hook) and they let guys run there all the time :2cents:

On_Her_Face
01-24-2008, 01:32 PM
thats why everyone complains about them. if your car looks legit and all yall's cars you race have cages and all, then you get to run. they wont look for certification or anything. but if bee goes and strolls out a low 11 or a high 10 they crawl his butt for the removable door bars!!! just totally inconsistent. they dont want anyone to street race but then they want us to have race cars to come race at the track :???: they got on to me the one time i went up there in the vette and went 11.9. total bull imho. thats why there arent any good races there. they saw cause theyre nhra. but so is valdosta and sc(house of hook) and they let guys run there all the time :2cents:

i'm going to the house of hook this summer and gonna try to make a ride down deal.

SPOOLIN
01-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Turbo Dave up in that **** would be awesome.

upstatescevo
01-24-2008, 03:54 PM
im gonna run my car i will be in the 11's

HiPSI
01-24-2008, 04:16 PM
might be a good opportunity to put a bottle and slicks on the car :D

speedminded
01-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Hrmm....that 4 months to get mine built :dunno:

might be a good opportunity to put a bottle and slicks on the car :DThat's what i'm talkin' about...import with a domestic powertrain beating up on everyone :cheers:

NevrNufTorq
01-24-2008, 06:29 PM
i'm going to the house of hook this summer and gonna try to make a ride down deal.
:goodjob: keep me informed of when!!

NevrNufTorq
01-24-2008, 06:31 PM
might be a good opportunity to put a bottle and slicks on the car :D
agree with speedminded!!! be awesome, i bet those guys would love it at pinks :D

and spool is right they'd go nuts over the the tubo dave mobile :goodjob:

WalkS
01-24-2008, 07:48 PM
i planning on running my slow 12 second sohc civic. we need more imports going! we should make a thread on who is going to run their car at pinks!

HiPSI
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
agree with speedminded!!! be awesome, i bet those guys would love it at pinks :D

they had a yellow hatchback 240 on the normal pinks show already that had an iron 6.0 in it, solid rear axle conversion and stuff, built as a drag car (although hastily). i'm pretty sure it broke and they lost it though, lol.

NevrNufTorq
01-25-2008, 08:50 PM
they had a yellow hatchback 240 on the normal pinks show already that had an iron 6.0 in it, solid rear axle conversion and stuff, built as a drag car (although hastily). i'm pretty sure it broke and they lost it though, lol.
but not a sweet one like yours bro!!! :rolleyes: not too mention if you lost in this you could drift on the return road cause you wouldnt lose your car :goodjob:

haynbtu
02-02-2008, 10:36 PM
i would deff go!
yea imports would be nice!
i wanna see sum STI's and some 240's woop@$$ out dere!

BUGMAN
02-04-2008, 01:45 PM

What class is he in?

BUGMAN
02-04-2008, 01:46 PM
i wanna go and run a 25 lol.

i know some folks on here should go.

looks for bugman

Been here but just lurking. :ninja:

NevrNufTorq
02-04-2008, 01:50 PM
What class is he in?

clark is banned if they figure out it's him cause he doesnt have an 8 or 10 point cage. he runs all the races like i do with a true full street car but he can easily go low 10's and high 9's.

i'm in the same boat cause all i'll ever throw is a 4 point in mine so i'll get tossed but maybe the pinks guys got enough "pull" if people wanna see the poopra run but who knows. if it were the house of hook it wouldnt be a prob but commerce guys think they are 'gods among men' :rolleyes:

MIKE.P
02-13-2008, 12:25 AM
has anyone figured out how to register for this???

.93lude
02-13-2008, 08:19 AM
just a noob suggestion, but why not have batlground's supra at pinks?

BUGMAN
02-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Tickets don't go on sale until Feb 26th. and they are only accepting cars that run 12.0 or faster. From the past the groups that have been chosen the most are the low 10 second to 10.50 range but I have seen a few 9 second classes picked.

They will run everyone registered and when they find 16 cars closest matched they will decide on the group and it will be the fastest 16 they can find. We are debating on how to do it now and if we decide to do it I think we will take a 9.50, a 10.00, a 10.50 and a 11.00 car. My wife will run the 9.50 class while our son probably the 10.00 class and I will step in the 10.50 and a good friend in the 11.00 class and hope one of us get in the class chosen.

To everyone that tries this race (import or not) we wish ya luck and go to have fun... Not to prove a point or your going for the wrong reasons to start with.

has anyone figured out how to register for this???
Here ya go Mike!

PINKS ALL OUT

EVENT INFORMATION

MAY 9-10, 2008

The information you’ve been waiting for all year is finally here! The Speed Channel’s Pinks All Out show will be filming at Atlanta Dragway on May 9-10, 2008.

This event is grass-roots drag racing at its best! Who wouldn’t want to win $18,000 doing what they love to do…drag racing at Atlanta Dragway!

Pinks All Out is an open competition for door cars only. You must pass tech inspection (we will be following the NHRA Rulebook) and your car must run 12 seconds or quicker in the quarter-mile.

Racer Entry Information

When: Racer entry tickets will go on sale Tuesday, February 26th, 2008 at 1:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time); 10:00 am (Pacific Standard Time).

Where: Racer entry tickets can be purchased online through Ticketmaster.com. You will NOT be able to purchase a racer entry ticket through any Ticketmaster retail location.

Cost: A Racer entry ticket will cost $35.00 per entry and includes a test and tune session on Friday (details to follow).

Other Info: There will be a maximum purchase of one racer entry per order. Only one car per person/entry. The name registered with Ticketmaster MUST be the driver! Photo identification will be required to register at the event. Racer entry tickets are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Once you have registered, your racer entry ticket will be mailed to you along with an information packet.

Crew: While purchasing your racer entry ticket, you will have the option to purchase crew tickets at that time only. Crew tickets are $30.00 which includes entry on Friday and Saturday.

Spectator Information

When: Advanced Spectator tickets will go on sale Thursday, February 28th, 2008 at 1:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time); 10:00 am (Pacific Standard Time).

Where: Advanced Spectator tickets can be purchased through the NHRA ticket office at (1-800-884-NHRA) or through any Ticketmaster location (online, at retail locations, and by phone).

Cost: Children 11 & under are free with a paid adult.

Date
Advance Purchase
At Ticket Gate

Friday
$15
$15

Saturday
$20
$20

2-Day (General Admission)
$30
$35

2-Day (GA Friday, Reserved Saturday)
$45
$50 (if available)

Sat.- Child Reserved Seat
$10
$15 (if available)

Public Suite Tickets: There are a limited number of Public Executive Suite tickets available for Pinks All Out. To reserve your spot, contact Crystal Wilson at (706-335-2301). Maximum of 8 tickets per order.

MIKE.P
02-13-2008, 12:34 PM
thanks alot!!!!!

IronEagle
02-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Tite.

stu93gsx
02-13-2008, 11:11 PM
I got an pre-register email. Saying not to register if you can not run quicker a 12 second.

Clark94T
02-14-2008, 07:26 AM

It started raining when I was putting my slicks on. I passed tech and they were going to let me run. Might try and get a cage together soon and make some passes @ Commerce this year.

-Clark

Nissangeek
02-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Batlground should take the Supra out to this.

BUGMAN
02-14-2008, 12:19 PM
I got an pre-register email. Saying not to register if you can not run quicker a 12 second.

Hm that is not a secret by any means, it is posted ion every one of their sponsor sites, on the rules and on the info sheet that I posted 3-4 post back.

No offense meant but why the hell would anyone want to watch a T.V show about the fastest "13-14 second" cars competing? They are going to pick the fastest class with the closest 16 times like posted already.

Not trying to be a **** at all but it does makes sense. :goodjob:

EM1toEVO
02-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Mike you better hurry if you want to get the Evo ready in time!

EM1toEVO
02-14-2008, 12:56 PM
'Preciate the info, Bugman. Sorry I missed the last Athens meet.

BUGMAN
02-14-2008, 06:18 PM
'Preciate the info, Bugman. Sorry I missed the last Athens meet.

I did look for your car the last 2 x we have been... You have a sweet ride Sir and looking forward to seeing you again.

NevrNufTorq
02-14-2008, 08:26 PM
It started raining when I was putting my slicks on. I passed tech and they were going to let me run. Might try and get a cage together soon and make some passes @ Commerce this year.

-Clark
i'm gonna throw in a bolt in but that wont get me anywhere at commerce but good to go everywhere else!! :rolleyes: i'm not bustn the '9' like you :eek: i just cant do a weld-in 8 point just to go to commerce :goodjob:

you have pm also!!! :D

MIKE.P
02-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Mike you better hurry if you want to get the Evo ready in time!oh the evo will be ready way before that!!!! hopefully it will be ready in a few weeks

stu93gsx
02-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Hm that is not a secret by any means, it is posted ion every one of their sponsor sites, on the rules and on the info sheet that I posted 3-4 post back.

No offense meant but why the hell would anyone want to watch a T.V show about the fastest "13-14 second" cars competing? They are going to pick the fastest class with the closest 16 times like posted already.

Not trying to be a **** at all but it does makes sense. :goodjob:

I realize that, but there were many people posting saying that they were going to run, but they do not run faster than a 12 sec, therefor they would pay $35 for one run and it be a waste of money. :goodjob:
And i agree i would not want to watch cars that were that slow either.

SPOOLIN
02-25-2008, 02:40 PM
they take a maximum of 300 entries for this event. It could 350 for this one but they always set a ceiling. NHRA issues the tickets for the all out events and pinks follows NHRA general regulations for race car safety. Watch the show, every car that makes it has all proper safety equipment.

BUGMAN
02-27-2008, 12:54 PM
It was sold out yesterday!!!

If ya snooze ya lose. :)