PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: 350Z owners (nissan tech info)

mocha latte cupcake
01-23-2008, 02:57 PM
hey kids since i work @ a nissan dealership thought i'd share the news since i get the tech line and updates on recalls and what not. new tech line shows that the 350Z does not work well with synthetic motor oil. we've had 10 350z with engine issues in the last 3 months here and replaced the engines. now nissan is saying that it recommends using syn-blend or regular oil in the engines. i know this is contrary to what the owners manual said but i'm just passing along nissan corp info to the IA 350z owners :goodjob:

DirtyMechanic
01-23-2008, 02:58 PM
hey kids since i work @ a nissan dealership thought i'd share the news since i get the tech line and updates on recalls and what not. new tech line shows that the 350Z does not work well with synthetic motor oil. we've had 10 350z with engine issues in the last 3 months here and replaced the engines. now nissan is saying that it recommends using syn-blend or regular oil in the engines. i know this is contrary to what the owners manual said but i'm just passing along nissan corp info to the IA 350z owners :goodjob: AHHHH!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA LOL

mocha latte cupcake
01-23-2008, 03:00 PM
yeah sorry. it was a shock to me too but it explains why we are starting to replace engines we're hoping that there is not a recall of the new HR engines but it honestly looks like it might pan out that way if we continue on the same trend sigh. :doh:

3.5altman
01-24-2008, 05:29 AM
nissan and there oil. I know my vq loves to eat some oil when you drive it hard

DirtyMechanic
01-24-2008, 04:07 PM
nissan and there oil. I know my vq loves to eat some oil when you drive it hardevery motor will do that. mine i think is starting to burn more than id like to see when its run hard.

mocha latte cupcake
01-24-2008, 04:08 PM
uht oh time to pour out the catch can again lol

DirtyMechanic
01-24-2008, 04:17 PM
uht oh time to pour out the catch can again lol HEY!!! YOU!!!!.... idk havent looked since i got back... and i need a oil change and change out that hose on the catch can.

Z33_kid
01-24-2008, 08:07 PM
no problems with my HR yet

misikko
02-04-2008, 01:27 PM
what a shame

N/A EK
02-04-2008, 06:51 PM
I heard some ppl r talkin about a bad ecu on the 05 spec v, is that true???

DirtyMechanic
02-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I heard some ppl r talkin about a bad ecu on the 05 spec v, is that true???do you mean the massive amount of recalls that calls for reprograming it countless times because they cant get it right... or something else about the ecu?

N/A EK
02-04-2008, 07:09 PM
do you mean the massive amount of recalls that calls for reprograming it countless times because they cant get it right... or something else about the ecu?

yeah i guess they reprogramit again ... i read on myspecv.com, but my car feels normal nuttin seems wrong with it.

mocha latte cupcake
02-04-2008, 07:12 PM
go in and have them check for any recalls... thats the basic and easy way to do it..

BTLFED
02-04-2008, 07:12 PM
hey kids since i work @ a nissan dealership thought i'd share the news since i get the tech line and updates on recalls and what not. new tech line shows that the 350Z does not work well with synthetic motor oil. we've had 10 350z with engine issues in the last 3 months here and replaced the engines. now nissan is saying that it recommends using syn-blend or regular oil in the engines. i know this is contrary to what the owners manual said but i'm just passing along nissan corp info to the IA 350z owners :goodjob:

Is that what they think it is now? :lmfao: Nissan is so lost. We have replaced a couple engines in G's and Nissan had no clue what caused the massive oil consumption. These were cars that had less than 10-15K on them. All we use is semi synthetic at work, too, unless someone requests full synthetic. These people did not.

GTMule
02-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Hmmm, I've had mobil 1 in my 03 for ~25k miles......not idea what was in before I got the car, it had 35k when I got it. I've never added oil between changes (~10k miles)

DirtyMechanic
02-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Hmmm, I've had mobil 1 in my 03 for ~25k miles......not idea what was in before I got the car, it had 35k when I got it. I've never added oil between changes (~10k miles) have you checked the oil in between oil changes. 10k is crazy i dont care what oil you have. its not the oil thats the problem its the dirt and particulates in it and the filters dont have the capacity

Kevykev
02-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Ground-Breaking New you just delivered there JM.

P.S

It's because Nissan keeps it real and does not support synthetic fake pseudo shi+.

mocha latte cupcake
02-14-2008, 10:49 AM
lol thanks kev i appreciate it cause i know you're not being sarcastic or anything you sumbeach! :lmfao: i keed i keed

but yeah synth for the MFL

Kevykev
02-14-2008, 11:21 AM
News :D

GTMule
02-14-2008, 02:17 PM
have you checked the oil in between oil changes. 10k is crazy i dont care what oil you have. its not the oil thats the problem its the dirt and particulates in it and the filters dont have the capacity

LOT of people, even manufacturers, are recommending oil change intervals that long now. Mobil recommends 15k for some of their oils.

Obviously I HAVE checked my oil between changes....no issues and it's always fairly clean looking when I drain it.