PDA

View Full Version : General Chat for people with lowered cars

khaxnguyen
01-22-2008, 03:36 PM
I mean really low.. i've ran over a foam cup around halloween when the Netherworlds was open and it still stink up my car til today. It melted allll over the mid section of my exhaust pipe. and today on the way to work, i ran over a bag on the highway, i was wishing it'll come back out so i looked in the rear view, nope, i guess it melted again.. Anyone had experiences with these occurances? just wondering what you guys ran over that annoyed u for a while?

EDIT: i found that bag lol! it's stuck on my bumper. =D lucky it didnt melt.

Justin.
01-22-2008, 03:37 PM
skunk.

Sammich
01-22-2008, 03:37 PM
NOPE...before my DC was stolen...i always avoided ish in the highway

Nissan Sean
01-22-2008, 03:38 PM
no my exhaust pipes and mufflers arent huge 4inch honda size. just get a hose or something and wash it out.

DrewS2K
01-22-2008, 03:39 PM
<<< i just turn my steering wheel a little

DieselNuts
01-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Ive hit a plastic bag twice. the first time i didnt think anything of it untill i came to a stop and smelled it. I was just like "Fuk, theres nothing i can do about it now", then I took off and I heard this god awful thumping against my floorboard. Come to find out, the bag got wrapped around my drive shaft and thats all it took to make that loud ass noise. The second time it happened I had a different exhaust system. I looked in the rear view and didnt see the bag come out so i pulled over with the quickness, jumped down there and snatched that MFer off. It didnt get me too bad that time. I couldnt even smell it.

khaxnguyen
01-22-2008, 03:42 PM
lol.. washing melted plastic from UNDER your car is hard in 3-4 ways. and i wonder if a SKUNK left its smell to annoy u..? lolll
and i did make an intentional swerve to move out the way but couldnt control the wind lol

Sammich
01-22-2008, 03:42 PM
to the left to the left

khaxnguyen
01-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Ive hit a plastic bag twice. the first time i didnt think anything of it untill i came to a stop and smelled it. I was just like "Fuk, theres nothing i can do about it now", then I took off and I heard this god awful thumping against my floorboard. Come to find out, the bag got wrapped around my drive shaft and thats all it took to make that loud ass noise. The second time it happened I had a different exhaust system. I looked in the rear view and didnt see the bag come out so i pulled over with the quickness, jumped down there and snatched that MFer off. It didnt get me too bad that time. I couldnt even smell it.

HAHAHA the foam cup, i was a bit paranoid cuz i wasnt sure what i ran out.. well i ran over a rock recently too. i swear i didnt see it. it sounded soo nasty. at a red light, i hadddddddd to peek under my car. everything was good..

quickdodgeŽ
01-22-2008, 03:46 PM
http://pawsonline.info/images/facts/catseye%2002.jpg

I've always hated road reflectors. Later, QD.

khaxnguyen
01-22-2008, 03:46 PM
khaxnguyen, quickdodgeŽ, phatboislim, Justin.

dont be soo harsh on the comment! hold the negativity

Sammich
01-22-2008, 03:47 PM
reflector collector ftw

khaxnguyen

haha kool... what's sooo bad about them? i'd never ran over them lol and they havent done me any harm

DieselNuts
HAHAHA the foam cup, i was a bit paranoid cuz i wasnt sure what i ran out.. well i ran over a rock recently too. i swear i didnt see it. it sounded soo nasty. at a red light, i hadddddddd to peek under my car. everything was good..
yeah, the first time it happened, the smell was there constantly for like 2 weeks, then i could still smell it at times after that. Once I got my new exhaust, obviously it fixed the problem. I wasnt about to let that shiit happen again.

khaxnguyen
01-22-2008, 03:48 PM
reflector collector ftw

me and 1siccej2 used to pull them off newly paved roads and post them everywhere on a dark street.. lol we dont COLLECT lol

Sammich
01-22-2008, 03:48 PM
haha

khaxnguyen
01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
yeah, the first time it happened, the smell was there constantly for like 2 weeks, then i could still smell it at times after that. Once I got my new exhaust, obviously it fixed the problem. I wasnt about to let that shiit happen again.

haha lol! i was gonna get that Fujitsubo some guy was selling to fix the problem but was short on cash.. haha and wow to the reply rates of this thread!

DieselNuts
01-22-2008, 03:50 PM
haha kool... what's sooo bad about them? i'd never ran over them lol
Me and my buddy were in his full size chevy truck that was bagged and would lay frame. We drove from the far west side of snellville to about the middle of loganville at the same ride height. Once we pulled into my friends neighborhood, we felt a serious bump to the bottom of the truck. Come to find out, we peeled the reflector off the street with the tranny cross member lol!

khaxnguyen
01-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Me and my buddy were in his full size chevy truck that was bagged and would lay frame. We drove from the far west side of snellville to about the middle of loganville at the same ride height. Once we pulled into my friends neighborhood, we felt a serious bump to the bottom of the truck. Come to find out, we peeled the reflector off the street with the tranny cross member lol!

LOL! haha this is surely a fun thread!

quickdodgeŽ
01-22-2008, 03:57 PM
haha kool... what's sooo bad about them? i'd never ran over them lol and they havent done me any harm

I can't tell you how many I've pulled out on the freeway in simple lane changes. Later, QD.

khaxnguyen
01-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I can't tell you how many I've pulled out on the freeway in simple lane changes. Later, QD.

i wonder how u can do that.. still...? they are kinda stuck to the ground.. how low were u?

quickdodgeŽ
01-22-2008, 04:07 PM
These, among a few others. Lolol. Later, QD.

TicketRedBB6
01-22-2008, 04:16 PM
I run over a lot of sticks and stuff on backroads after it rains and knocks stuff down. It's normally at night so I can't see in time to turn. Normally they're wet so they just break up, but it's still bumpy.

speedminded
01-22-2008, 04:42 PM
1) Any cars exhaust can get plastic/foam, etc...doesn't have to be lowered

2) It just means your front bumper isn't low enough :tongue:

gtikid
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
1) Any cars exhaust can get plastic/foam, etc...doesn't have to be lowered

2) It just means your front bumper isn't low enough :tongue:

:lmfao: QFT!! :goodjob:

THEONE
01-22-2008, 04:57 PM
i hit a big fat white dead cat one time in my s-10 it was maybe 1 1/2 inches off the ground the cat got wedged in between my crossmember and muffler. it literally started to cook. it smelled like a cookout.

speedminded
01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
i hit a big fat white dead cat one time in my s-10 it was maybe 1 1/2 inches off the ground the cat got wedged in between my crossmember and muffler. it literally started to cook. it smelled like a cookout.Had a kitten lodged next to a header on a Ford Explorer once, drove around for a couple hours one hot summer day running errands and trying to figure out why the worst smell ever was following us...got home turned the wheel and saw it. Felt bad but not much you can do at this point. Got a rag thinking I was going to pull it out by it's cute little paw and the entire leg slid off leaving a clean bone. *gags* Then all the boiled insides poured out where the leg was torn off *gag* Horrifying.

I know you just threw up in your mouth a little. :lmfao: sorry.

NosVette
01-22-2008, 05:11 PM
This one time I went to the BP up north were everybody hangs out in the weekends and I was getting their in the vette and their was this taco bell plastic cup I went over but didnt see it come out.It got cought in the belt :???:and the more I revved the louder a Knocking sound got every body thought it was my motor they were saying 50,000$ dollars gone too waste :screwy: I cant belive people still think they still cost that much:no: then I got kinda aggrivated cause people kept saying DAMN!!!DAMN!!! and exaturated alot.So I got kinda pissed and made a quick burnout all the way till mid 3rd leaving and it fell off :lmfao:glad that happened if not people would have been "their was a vette that f@cked up its motor"

.::UNKNOWN::.
01-22-2008, 05:24 PM
weekly basis for me i took a squirrel for a good ride and realized i actually hit it when i found the blood trail up the drive way

TicketRedBB6
01-22-2008, 05:26 PM
weekly basis for me i took a squirrel for a good ride and realized i actually hit it when i found the blood trail up the drive way
LOL damn!

S II K
01-22-2008, 05:37 PM
no my exhaust pipes and mufflers arent huge 4inch honda size. just get a hose or something and wash it out.

let me guess you have a 240...

like the rest of the world.

chinitoxamor
01-22-2008, 05:40 PM
i donno.. i drove my homeboi's si coupe down in FL.. shyt is slammed to the ground cuz the suspension was so bad.. and yeh i ran over some speed bumps.. f.ucka hurt mah ass.. anyways

Mr. Clean
01-22-2008, 06:20 PM
i hit a mud clod on a bridge that was no taller than 2-3 inches with an exhaust flange right in the middle of my car and it splattered the entire underside of my car... it was awful, i was on my way to replace my transmission so i had a new tranny in the back and a passenger and my crappy ass springs had my car really low.

when we got it up on the stands it looked like i went 4-wheeling

redrumracer
01-22-2008, 06:34 PM
http://pawsonline.info/images/facts/catseye%2002.jpg

they can be a pain

Magnus213
01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
It's my front that's way too low. North Georgia's roads are surprisingly forgiving when you look at big cities- I'd rip the whole front bumper off of my car in less than five minutes driving through Boston. I was doing pretty well until a couple weeks back- bunny. Thing flew out in front of me, I had enough time to (1) recognize that it was a bunny, (2) realize that I was going to absolutely crush the poor thing and couldn't avoid it, and (3) yell a few obscenities before BAM.

Next car will definitely have more clearance.

khaxnguyen
01-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Had a kitten lodged next to a header on a Ford Explorer once, drove around for a couple hours one hot summer day running errands and trying to figure out why the worst smell ever was following us...got home turned the wheel and saw it. Felt bad but not much you can do at this point. Got a rag thinking I was going to pull it out by it's cute little paw and the entire leg slid off leaving a clean bone. *gags* Then all the boiled insides poured out where the leg was torn off *gag* Horrifying.

I know you just threw up in your mouth a little. :lmfao: sorry.
yeah of course if the bone came out like a grilled chicken..:upchuck:

let me guess you have a 240...

like the rest of the world.

yeah someone hadda say soemthing bad about hondas lol.
but yeah... lol this is where everyone can let out their mishaps lol.

Justin.
01-22-2008, 08:14 PM
I got a corolla stuck under my f-250 one time...damn thing came crossing right across the street.

silvers2k
01-22-2008, 08:29 PM
i dont think ive had much of those problems when i had my civic. i do know a friend who hit a possum once and practically demolished his front bumper once.

DeeAOne
01-22-2008, 08:42 PM
These, among a few others. Lolol. Later, QD.
QD you have some pretty interesting lowered cars. mainly just the blue one. im not even sure what it is. haha looks like a mazda?