PDA

View Full Version : scientology

Thighs
01-22-2008, 12:39 PM
LMAO @ tom cruise. scientology is the biggest basket of crap ive ever heard of. aliens flew in on dc-8 bombers and blew up some volcanoes to make people? hell no. im usually not one to knock somebody elses religon, but WTF? scientology is one of the stupidest things ive EVER heard of.

and this is not a biased opinion, as i claim no religion. im not christian, buddhist, muslim, jewish or anything. but a religion made up to make money for a science fiction writer? WTF.

On_Her_Face
01-22-2008, 12:40 PM
i agree with the last sentence STRONGLY

EJ25RUN
01-22-2008, 12:41 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/e/e0/South_Park_Scientology_grafitti.jpg

EJ25RUN
01-22-2008, 12:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSlwPggPCHU&feature=related"Tom you gotta come out the closet OMG" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSlwPggPCHU&feature=related)

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2006/07/14/southpark.jpg

Thighs
01-22-2008, 12:42 PM
have you ever read into any of the details of it? its soooo stupid its funny. and people actually believe it.

Spectic Tank
01-22-2008, 12:42 PM
but a religion made up to make money for a science fiction writer? WTF.

They are SO gonna sue you!

Thighs
01-22-2008, 12:43 PM
LOLOL i hope they do. im just gonna laugh in their face.

Dirty Octopus™
01-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Screw You b¡tch! who are you to bash me for my beliefs? :2up:

EJ25RUN
01-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Screw You b¡tch! who are you to bash me for my beliefs? :2up:

ARE you really :thinking:

Dirty Octopus™
01-22-2008, 12:54 PM
ARE you really :thinking:
shhhhh!

My quarrel is not with you ;)

TheGodfather
01-22-2008, 12:57 PM
You have to be a complete moron to follow a religion based on a sci fi book, that the author and founder himself admitted was a joke, yet to still follow it and put all that money getting to heaven?!

Only those rich and gullible would fall for it, IE Tom Cruise and John Trovolta. What a bunch of idiots.

If they really think a spaceship is coming to earth to save them, well God help them.

Doppelgänger
01-22-2008, 01:10 PM
My favorite thing of all is the "rumor mill" suggesting that Tom's baby will be the 2nd coming of L. Ron Hubbard because Katie was artificially inseminated with frozen L. Ron Hubbard tad-poles...... L O L (saw that on some morning show)

AnthonyF
01-22-2008, 01:12 PM
who cares. its their own problem if they want to believe in whatever they want. Hell, they could believe in when u die you become a significant part in a 2jz engine. I wouldnt give a shiot.

Maniac1
01-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Religion is the biggest joke going around today... I mean, a magical man that sits in the clouds and looks at you 24/7? LOL and if you don't do what he says and act up he'll send you to a place full of fire for all eternity? 100% bullsh!t. But remember kids, he loves you. :sarcastic:

JITB
01-22-2008, 03:54 PM
scientology sounds alot like halo

YoungGun
01-22-2008, 03:57 PM
They have some extremely off beliefs. Hell Tom Cruise wanted to eat the placenta after his baby was born as some sort of ritual. He also wanted the baby to be born at home and not at a hospital for the same reason. The whole idea is completely retarded and yeah the dc-8s as spaceships is pretty damn funny. Also it just cracks me up that you have to pay for more knowledge. The more you pay the more "secret" (read idiotic) information you are told.

Maniac1
01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Also it just cracks me up that you have to pay for more knowledge. The more you pay the more "secret" (read idiotic) information you are told.Don't you do the same with any religion today? You always have to give alittle more just to make them happy. :rolleyes:

JITB
01-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Don't you do the same with any religion today? You always have to give alittle more just to make them happy. :rolleyes:

no..

Maniac1
01-22-2008, 04:02 PM
no..Explain this pathetic answer of yours.

YoungGun
01-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Most religions ASK for donations. You gain nothing by actually giving them. In scientology information is done in levels. You get only so much information until you hit the next level. Levels are determined by how much money you have given them.

Maniac1
01-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Most religions ASK for donations. You gain nothing by actually giving them. In scientology information is done in levels. You get only so much information until you hit the next level. Levels are determined by how much money you have given them.I wasn't saying that religion does the same as them. But about the money part they're about the same. Just because they give money to gain knowledge most religions "ask" for money to help build their churches bigger for even more people to attend and gain alittle more money then last time. Both are dumb IMO so it's better to just have your own view of this subject and roll with it instead of trying each out and finding out the hard way that you'll leave as confused as when you arrived.

JITB
01-22-2008, 04:20 PM
I wasn't saying that religion does the same as them. But about the money part they're about the same. Just because they give money to gain knowledge most religions "ask" for money to help build their churches bigger for even more people to attend and gain alittle more money then last time. Both are dumb IMO so it's better to just have your own view of this subject and roll with it instead of trying each out and finding out the hard way that you'll leave as confused as when you arrived.

1 thing u dont know about is church!.. as stated above you dont believe in anything....

members "GIVE" money to their church for funding....The church makes its money off donations etc.. there is no salary for preachers. If you dont give you dont give.. u still get all the same treatment like the person sitting next to u who gives 20$.

YoungGun
01-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Depends on how you look at it. For many donating to a church is like donating to charity and they feel it helps someone else when they do. Obviously you disagree and thats fine, but scientology is purely selfish in that its so that one person can gain "knowledge" not help anyone else.

Maniac1
01-22-2008, 04:23 PM
1 thing u dont know about is church!.. as stated above you dont believe in anything....

members "GIVE" money to their church for funding....The church makes its money off donations etc.. there is no salary for preachers. If you dont give you dont give.. u still get all the same treatment like the person sitting next to u who gives 20$.
My parents go to a church that has asked for donations that start off at $50 or above. Now you tell me, why the **** would they start the number so ****ing high? Because they are god's children and know they can get what they want if they say its for god? LOL please... I even heard some people giving 1k... funny.. because the church is getting remodeled... hmmmm sneaky. :rolleyes:

JITB
01-22-2008, 04:25 PM
My parents go to a church that has asked for donations that start off at $50 or above. Now you tell me, why the **** would they start the number so ****ing high? Because they are god's children and know they can get what they want if they say its for god? LOL please... I even heard some people giving 1k... funny.. because the church is getting remodeled... hmmmm sneaky. :rolleyes:

talk to ur parents...lol

Maniac1
01-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Depends on how you look at it. For many donating to a church is like donating to charity and they feel it helps someone else when they do. Obviously you disagree and thats fine, but scientology is purely selfish in that its so that one person can gain "knowledge" not help anyone else.I rather waste $5 on buying some food to a homeless or sending money to a few members of my family in mexico who have nothing. Why help a case that just uses money to gain power so they could make even more once their church is complete? Im not saying scientology is any better but no one should make fun of someones belief's if thier own isn't all that great.

Maniac1
01-22-2008, 04:26 PM
talk to ur parents...lolI've talked to my dad about it. And he understands, but my mom just doesn't want to hear it. lol

MistaCee
01-22-2008, 04:27 PM
^^^ Not all churches are the same. The only time my church asks for extra donations is when it is in serious need of repair. Even then you dont have to donate and you'll still be treated the same.

joecoolfreak
01-22-2008, 04:34 PM
For possibly the first time, I just might have to agree with Maniac on this one. Scientology isn't any crazier than any other popular religion. It just all depends on your perspective.

JITB
01-22-2008, 04:36 PM
uh oh.. its religious opinions

im outta here!

Maniac1
01-22-2008, 04:36 PM
^^^ Not all churches are the same. The only time my church asks for extra donations is when it is in serious need of repair. Even then you dont have to donate and you'll still be treated the same.But you donate anyways because it's for god, right?

YoungGun
01-22-2008, 04:38 PM
I rather waste $5 on buying some food to a homeless or sending money to a few members of my family in mexico who have nothing. Why help a case that just uses money to gain power so they could make even more once their church is complete? Im not saying scientology is any better but no one should make fun of someones belief's if thier own isn't all that great.

Well no offense but I'm trying to look at the bigger picture. Large organizations like churches and charities do more for the underpriveleged than any single person can. Even if every person gave some on their own to help (which they don't) these organizations can do more by providing ways to help. If a church used donations to grow to help more people than they could before I have no problem with that because the bigger they get the more they can give and the more programs they can create and run to help. A lot of charitable organizations began as part of a church or were started with help of a church. I deem that a much worthier cause than giving 1 bum on the street a meal (which is still good to do just not as helpful overall).

RandomGuy
01-22-2008, 04:38 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology LOL

Maniac1
01-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Well no offense but I'm trying to look at the bigger picture. Large organizations like churches and charities do more for the underpriveleged than any single person can. Even if every person gave some on their own to help (which they don't) these organizations can do more by providing ways to help. If a church used donations to grow to help more people than they could before I have no problem with that because the bigger they get the more they can give and the more programs they can create and run to help. A lot of charitable organizations began as part of a church or were started with help of a church. I deem that a much worthier cause than giving 1 bum on the street a meal (which is still good to do just not as helpful overall).My point is this. If GOD only needs you to be nice, than why not help someone who is in need and move on? Why continue wasting your time on a never ending cycle of donations? I agree with what you said though, very nice.

MistaCee
01-22-2008, 04:41 PM
But you donate anyways because it's for god, right?

Yes and why would that be a problem? It keeps the church up in the condition it should be in. and most of extra money helps other people in need

Maniac1
01-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Yes and why would that be a problem? It keeps the church up in the condition it should be in.Its not a problem. But when you look at it in a business way. It's a "perfect" solution to their problem. Just slap the name God in the back of the wall and watch it rise. :rolleyes:

YoungGun
01-22-2008, 04:46 PM
My point is this. If GOD only needs you to be nice, than why not help someone who is in need and move on? Why continue wasting your time on a never ending cycle of donations? I agree with what you said though, very nice.

The sad truth is that donating to a church for them to help others is easier than going to find people to help on your own. Selfish yes but still serves a purpose. Most people who donate large amounts of money have no knowledge of who to help or how to find them. Also can you really picture some of the Atlanta big wigs walking down MLK or Ponce with a bunch of $5 bills passing them out? :lmfao: More than likely they would just throw em up in the air and haul ass in their Mercedes.:D

RandomGuy
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
The church makes its money off donations etc.. there is no salary for preachers. i beg to differ

YoungGun
01-22-2008, 04:48 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology LOL

I clicked that...:2up: Then I checked and you didn't do that... that is the actual page for scientology and not a joke.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Maniac1
01-22-2008, 04:48 PM
More than likely they would just throw em up in the air and haul ass then their Mercedes.:DLol. Im pretty sure they would.

But you have your point of view on this subject and I have mine. That's what makes us human. :)

MistaCee
01-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Its not a problem. But when you look at it in a business way. It's a "perfect" solution to their problem. Just slap the name God in the back of the wall and watch it rise. :rolleyes:

So church is strictly buisness to you? That is your opinion. But my opinion is that church is built around God not money.

YoungGun
01-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Lol. Im pretty sure they would.

But you have your point of view on this subject and I have mine. That's what makes us human. :)

Yeah but I'm bored and so far this has been civil. At least between us.:cheers:

Maniac1
01-22-2008, 04:54 PM
So church is strictly buisness to you? That is your opinion. But my opinion is that church is built around God not money.Lets just leave it at that. This disagreement will never end. :D

MistaCee
01-22-2008, 04:59 PM
LOL it will not respect tho

YoTa_BoX
01-22-2008, 06:39 PM
For example, former Scientologist Maureen Bolstad noted that a couple of dozen Scientologists including herself were put to work on a rainy night through dawn planting grass in order "to help Tom impress Nicole."[135]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

i found this pretty funny

Thighs
01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
LOLOL look what i started....

anyways, i agree with maniac 100%. except for the part about not making fun of others beliefs. the only exception to that rule is scientology.

Bruce Leroy
01-22-2008, 07:43 PM
the only exception to that rule is scientology.

:lmfao: so true..... And kwanza.

Thighs
01-22-2008, 07:44 PM
^^ i know nothing about kwanza.

is it good **** too? lol

Bruce Leroy
01-22-2008, 07:54 PM
^^ i know nothing about kwanza.

is it good **** too? lol

All i know is that it was created by some dude in the 60's.. That is enough for me to laugh at anyone that believes in it.

BB6dohcvtec
01-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Lets just leave it at that. This disagreement will never end. :D

So do you believe in the theory of evolution?

Thighs
01-22-2008, 11:14 PM
So do you believe in the theory of evolution?

i cant speak for maniac, but i do. its obvious. science has proven that things evolve. they ARE missing part of how humans got here, yes. but its still true.

Maniac1
01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
So do you believe in the theory of evolution?I have made a god vs science thread which brings that question up. And a big bang theory thread which also brought it up... LOL but the answer is yes.