PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work at BOA?

gtikid
01-22-2008, 11:57 AM
I need some of your banking knowledge. I ordered something online on Sunday night/Monday morning and I paid for it with paypal. I accidentally sent the payment with my checking account instead of with my credit card like I was supposed to :slap: I didn't notice it until this morning when I got an alert from BOA saying I was in the red :( Well it also overdrafted a bunch of other little things like food and such all the way from Thursday. Can they do that, since I sent the paypal payment on Sunday night? :thinking:

Also, I spoke to some lady at BOA and she said that if I'm in the red by the end of the business day, that I will have overdraft fees for everything. So can I do a transfer from my BOA credit card into my BOA checking account and not get charged those overdraft fees? Thanks :goodjob:

Brett
01-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Ask them where your battery is too while at it. I bank at BOA, They like to screw people over

quickdodgeŽ
01-22-2008, 12:00 PM
I've been to Brothels Of Alaska before. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Igloo dome. Later, QD.

gtikid
01-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Ask them where your battery is too while at it. I bank at BOA, They like to screw people over

:lmfao: Actually that bastard was the one that helped me out. What an a.sshole

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/eclipsekid/batterybank.jpg

gtikid
01-22-2008, 12:09 PM
I've been to Brothels Of Alaska before. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Igloo dome. Later, QD.

:lmao: Did they have a polar bear special?

HalfBaked
01-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Unless you have overdraft protection on the credit card they can't do it.

They could do an ACH into your checking account from your credit card but there are fees associated with that.

Just ask them if they can waive the fees, sometimes they will be nice.

Brett
01-22-2008, 12:10 PM
:lmfao:

ironchef
01-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Easiest thing might be to do a cash withdraw on your CC then deposit the cash into your checking account. But at the same time cash withdrawls on CCs usually carry a high percentage, so I'd recommend repaying that with the quickness.

HalfBaked
01-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Easiest thing might be to do a cash withdraw on your CC then deposit the cash into your checking account. But at the same time cash withdrawls on CCs usually carry a high percentage, so I'd recommend repaying that with the quickness.
I wouldn't recommend that really, there would be a fee to withdraw, and the money you'd withdraw off the CC would be at a higher interest rate. When you make your payments your payments would be allocated to the balances at the lower interest rates 1st also, so you'd just be accumulating interest at a higher rate on the money you withdrew.

gtikid
01-22-2008, 12:14 PM

Yea i'll definitely pay it with a quickness. I just didn't have any money in my checking account at the time. They say on their website that on online transfer would post the same business day. Right now it's 1:13 and i'm in class and won't be able to go to the bank until 2. Guess I gotta cross my fingers with doing the transfer

ironchef
01-22-2008, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't recommend that really, there would be a fee to withdraw, and the money you'd withdraw off the CC would be at a higher interest rate. When you make your payments your payments would be allocated to the balances at the lower interest rates 1st also, so you'd just be accumulating interest at a higher rate on the money you withdrew.I know with my BOA I wouldn't have any withdraw fees. But I agree on it being a riskier move due to the higher interest charged. However, in his case since he would plan on paying it off ASAP then it shouldn't be too big of a deal, depending on his CC balance.

gtikid
01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I know with my BOA I wouldn't have any withdraw fees. But I agree on it being a riskier move due to the higher interest charged. However, in his case since he would plan on paying it off ASAP then it shouldn't be too big of a deal, depending on his CC balance.

Yea paying that higher interest rate is something i'm willing to do. I really don't want to, but seems like I don't have a choice right now. I don't even use that BOA credit card. I got rid of it a long time ago, and since I don't have that security code, I can't do the transaction online. Wow talk about fukked.