PDA

View Full Version : The market is not looking good today...

Ruiner
01-22-2008, 08:00 AM
*sigh*

Fed slashes the rate in an emergency attempt to fix things. The market is going to go south today. :( Damn...

tony
01-22-2008, 08:14 AM
My portfolio has been taking a beating this year.. as of last week, since January 1st I've lost about $2k and I havent looked to see what the damage has been this week.

Even still I have a problem believing that we are in a recession, there are some great real estate bargains out there and with the rate drop and decent credit you can expect an exceptionally good house payment.

Alan®
01-22-2008, 08:16 AM
i don't know why people freak out about a damn recession its a natural part of the economic cycle it happens

Kelly
01-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Wouldn't that just mean that now is the time to buy???

civic95
01-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Wouldn't that just mean that now is the time to buy???

Yeah if you have cash it's a great time to get deals. Too bad for me I've rode almost everything down to this point.

Hulud
01-22-2008, 09:54 AM
nows the time to get your money outta the banks if you have over 100k in them

Ex_Vtec_Girl
01-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Even still I have a problem believing that we are in a recession, there are some great real estate bargains out there and with the rate drop and decent credit you can expect an exceptionally good house payment.

I work for a real estate attorney & have talked to several brokers who have clients with scores in the mid 700's, but can't get them approved so decent credit isn't even enough right now to get into a house.

incawarrior
01-22-2008, 11:07 AM
how about my vanguard fund got cut in half... :mad:

damnit.

I should have splurged and bought the Ferrari I really wanted.

:D

Tracy
01-22-2008, 11:08 AM
wallstreet section?

GGPIS3
01-22-2008, 11:17 AM
i don't know why people freak out about a damn recession its a natural part of the economic cycle it happens

lol.... my guess is you probably don't have a portfolio... cuz if you did, you would be pretty upset.

civic95
01-22-2008, 11:18 AM
wallstreet section?

"Whoreslounge = anything goes"

Tracy
01-22-2008, 11:24 AM
"Whoreslounge = anything goes"Let's just make it all one big WL then?

man
01-22-2008, 11:27 AM
It's "The Man"

bafbrian
01-22-2008, 11:28 AM

That is same thing Economists said during the Stock Market Crash of 1929 and the Great Depression....so, it is (recession) really a good thing ?

JITB
01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
i like hoow redgt always jumps in and talks about stuff he knows nothin about...

blacknightteg
01-22-2008, 11:44 AM
well i mean i would think he's right tho...thoe economy has its ups and downs. Some times are better then others, but there is always going to be a recession. I mean im not owning my own business or anything, dont nessarily live on my own. But just from studying history, and paying attention to the economy, it seems like thats just what happens. Things go good for a while, then everything just gets too good, haveing everything get a little expensive, then no one a can afford anything cuz prices get too high. Then things start to decrease in price, everyone feels safe again so they start purchasing more

Brett
01-22-2008, 11:45 AM
*sigh*

Fed slashes the rate in an emergency attempt to fix things. The market is going to go south today. :( Damn...

Dropped 400+ in the first 2 minutes, but what I dont understand is why people panic and mass sell off, this is what does this to the market. People in stocks know it always bounces back, but they are the cause of the crash, they all panic and sell on every bad news thing they get, I would say just ride it out, leave it in, if everyone followed that advice it wouldnt drop this bad and in a month it will bounce back anyways

JITB
01-22-2008, 11:47 AM
well i mean i would think he's right tho...thoe economy has its ups and downs. Some times are better then others, but there is always going to be a recession. I mean im not owning my own business or anything, dont nessarily live on my own. But just from studying history, and paying attention to the economy, it seems like thats just what happens. Things go good for a while, then everything just gets too good, haveing everything get a little expensive, then no one a can afford anything cuz prices get too high. Then things start to decrease in price, everyone feels safe again so they start purchasing more

tru, but arent we past that point... the spending season wasnt too good which didnt help.

bafbrian
01-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Dropped 400+ in the first 2 minutes, but what I dont understand is why people panic and mass sell off, this is what does this to the market. People in stocks know it always bounces back, but they are the cause of the crash, they all panic and sell on every bad news thing they get, I would say just ride it out, leave it in, if everyone followed that advice it wouldnt drop this bad and in a month it will bounce back anyways

That is good point.

The Fed slashes rates is supposed to help the Sub Prime Mortgage crisis.

Eventually the market will bounce back, the problem is that people (some Amercians, not all) want instant gratification; they don't want to take a chance, especially when they might lose money in the short term and fail to look at the long term.

Brett
01-22-2008, 12:44 PM
and thats what I dont understand, The money will come back, Its not like the market wont bounce back fully, It always does. But the people who panic are the ones who makes the market crash.

EJ25RUN
01-22-2008, 12:48 PM
tomorrow is going to be "BLACK TUESDAY 2008"

blacknightteg
01-22-2008, 12:53 PM
tru, but arent we past that point... the spending season wasnt too good which didnt help.

yeah, but if you think about it this way....we might be past the spending season, but with everything that is going on around us. Things like the media talking about the war, the housing market going down, the price of oil. Many people are going to take all that into account and freak out...Its not nessarily the fact of whether or not its the spending season, its word of mouth. If something bad starts to spread it will continue to get worse until someone shows signs of it being ok. just my 2cents

§treet_§peed
01-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I TOLD YOU BITCHES IT IS COMING BUT NO ONE WANTED TO LISTEN TO ME!!!! **** IS GETTING REAL DEEP REALLY ****ING FAST!! ALMOST 500 IN THE NEG!!! I MEAN WTF!?!?!?!?!?! **** IS ****ING COMING.. WHETHER YOU WANNA BELIEVE IT OR NOT.. THE ***** ALMOST CRASHED TODAY...

§treet_§peed
01-22-2008, 01:59 PM
NOTE: BLACK TUESDAY IS HERE AGAIN PEOPLE...

Alan®
01-22-2008, 02:03 PM
lol.... my guess is you probably don't have a portfolio... cuz if you did, you would be pretty upset.
your right I don't but I used to cashed it all in about a year ago.

Alan®
01-22-2008, 02:05 PM
That is same thing Economists said during the Stock Market Crash of 1929 and the Great Depression....so, it is (recession) really a good thing ?
right but that was a case of extreme panic which is why i'm saying people need to keep their heads about them so that that **** doesn't happen again. think about this that happened when we weren't in a time of war and if it were to happen now.....I think we would be more ****ed than back then.

Crazy Asian
01-22-2008, 02:08 PM
my stocks, my sisters, and my dads alll took a bad hit. Not something im enjoying but you gain some and lose some. Nothing you can do. At least gold is rising nicely. That Im happy about.

Brett
01-22-2008, 03:42 PM
I TOLD YOU BITCHES IT IS COMING BUT NO ONE WANTED TO LISTEN TO ME!!!! **** IS GETTING REAL DEEP REALLY ****ING FAST!! ALMOST 500 IN THE NEG!!! I MEAN WTF!?!?!?!?!?! **** IS ****ING COMING.. WHETHER YOU WANNA BELIEVE IT OR NOT.. THE ***** ALMOST CRASHED TODAY...

It didnt almost crash, within 2 hours it was down to under 200 down and closed 128 down, You MUST be buying into what the media are saying and buying the economy is that bad. Its not great, But even consumer confidence admist all this is up, we are in a SLOW DOWN but it will get better

Brett
01-22-2008, 03:44 PM

You act like it wont come back up, stocks will return to normal and people will get thier money back if they stay in it and not panic like the rest of America and sell off, again... its the people in the panic who are to blame for todays stock losses and any other time thier are mass selloffs. Breath, and realize it never STAYS DOWN FOREVER

Leadfoot_mf
01-22-2008, 05:20 PM
You act like it wont come back up, stocks will return to normal and people will get thier money back if they stay in it and not panic like the rest of America and sell off, again... its the people in the panic who are to blame for todays stock losses and any other time thier are mass selloffs. Breath, and realize it never STAYS DOWN FOREVER
i know right what did it bottom out at after 911 7 or 8 k and now it is at 13k lol at idiots selling at the bottom.

Brett
01-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Exactly, It will bounce back

Crazy Asian
01-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Heh as long as you didnt invest in any home market stocks or any other home related crap you're okay.

§treet_§peed
01-23-2008, 05:54 PM
i'm not buying into what the media is saying but if people don't start puting back into the econmy then it will crash and burn like a fat whore at a all you can eat buffet