PDA

View Full Version : Misc 99x is dead!!

dartingd
01-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Yep, as of Friday, 99x will no longer be available on normal radio. You can only listen on HD radio or the internet. Leslie, who of course has been around forever on 99x, has left, as well as the new guy Jenners. Q100, which you know is the sister station of 99x, has taken over the 99.7 frequency. I'm pissed. Before you 96.1 guys come in here hating on 99x, just think about how you'd feel if this happened to you. I love 99x, or should say loved. I don't listen to the project because it's just not the type of music i prefer, although i listen to it some. I dunno...are there any other alternative rock stations around?

redpanda
01-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I was listening to q100 on the way to class the other day and they announced that on friday, they will be moving to 99.7..I was like wtf is going to happen to 99x then? damn, 99x was a good station too..now where do I go for my alternative?!

BTLFED
01-21-2008, 05:22 PM
I say hooray. I hate Q100 too though.

And I already heard about this.

COGCaviZ24
01-21-2008, 05:56 PM
yeah, kinda blows. 99X has been around forever. 96.1 is better

DieselNuts
01-21-2008, 05:59 PM
LONG LIVE XM!!!

dartingd
01-22-2008, 07:24 AM
i seriously may get xm now...i've been holding out because i loved 99x so much...now i have nothing...i'm listening to 961 right now...i actually like the station when they don't play a crap load of older rock...i just won't get to hear the more alternative side (beck, shins, ect..) anymore...

ironchef
01-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Sirius FTW!

DieselNuts
01-22-2008, 07:27 AM
XM>sirius

ironchef
01-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Sirius > XM, but doesn't matter much anyway, they'll be merging soon.

DieselNuts
01-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Really? I listen to mostly hip hop and XM has that on lock down. I have heard that Sirius has more variety of Rock though. When this merge happens, how are they gonna handle the people that have lifetime subscriptions?

ironchef
01-22-2008, 07:45 AM
No idea, I like Sirius Hip-Hop, and their trance/dance/techno stuff too.

Reaper
01-22-2008, 07:46 AM

true, but sirius has better music stations by far, and its gonna be a while till they finally merge

+1 for sirius!!!

0h yeah and 99x was good when they played good music, sry that they are gone, project 9-6-1 ftmfw!

Reaper
01-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Really? I listen to mostly hip hop and XM has that on lock down. I have heard that Sirius has more variety of Rock though. When this merge happens, how are they gonna handle the people that have lifetime subscriptions?

I worked at bestbuy, and they made us go to a seminar about this stuff. XM and Sirius won't merge very soon because of the whole monopoly thing. They'll still be coming out with new modules but yours will still work because even though they are on two different channels or satillites, they'll be broadcasting the same things. Nothing will change for you except the stations will get better.

Sirius has a great variety for new and old rock, techno, rap, trance and all that other stuff...

XM has the comedy and news on lockdown though. when they merge im really hoping prices don't go up for those who will just be subscribing.

DieselNuts
01-22-2008, 07:55 AM
I worked at bestbuy, and they made us go to a seminar about this stuff. XM and Sirius won't merge very soon because of the whole monopoly thing. They'll still be coming out with new modules but yours will still work because even though they are on two different channels or satillites, they'll be broadcasting the same things. Nothing will change for you except the stations will get better.

Sirius has a great variety for new and old rock, techno, rap, trance and all that other stuff...

XM has the comedy and news on lockdown though. when they merge im really hoping prices don't go up for those who will just be subscribing.

That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

XM66RAW FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!

Reaper
01-22-2008, 07:56 AM
haha, my dad's got XM and thats why I listen to when I'm driving his M3.

blacknightteg
01-22-2008, 07:56 AM

in a technical sense they have already merged..it happened a while ago. But, when they officially announce the merger, which should be some time this year, they are still going to keep it two separate stations. This is to avoid the idea of a monopoloy. Anyways, when they do merge, i had heard that you may be able to take packages from one provider and put it on the other giving you a lot more flexability when listening

DieselNuts
01-22-2008, 07:58 AM
haha, my dad's got XM and thats why I listen to when I'm driving his M3.

Hell yeah. My bro. in law had Sirius for a little while. He listened to sports mostly. They have pretty good sports coverage, but other than that, everything i know about Sirius is hear say.

You say that they wont merge because of the monopoly thing, if thats the case, then they wont merge untill there is another satilite radio company, correct?

in a technical sense they have already merged..it happened a while ago. But, when they officially announce the merger, which should be some time this year, they are still going to keep it two separate stations. This is to avoid the idea of a monopoloy. Anyways, when they do merge, i had heard that you may be able to take packages from one provider and put it on the other giving you a lot more flexability when listening

hmmmm... I guess I'll just have to keep a look out for when that happens. Thanks for your info too :goodjob:

Reaper
01-22-2008, 07:59 AM

I've heard that as well, but just by word of mouth so wasn't real sure whats true and what isn't. But it definitely makes sense.

Reaper
01-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Hell yeah. My bro. in law had Sirius for a little while. He listened to sports mostly. They have pretty good sports coverage, but other than that, everything i know about Sirius is hear say.

You say that they wont merge because of the monopoly thing, if thats the case, then they wont merge untill there is another satilite radio company, correct?

Well thats what they are fighting right now. To keep it "two seperate stations" but different packages can carry some of the same stations as others...

your subscribtion shouldn't change, BUT in case it does im sure they'll take care of you, otherwise they'd be losing ALOT of business

blacknightteg
01-22-2008, 08:02 AM

GIXXERDK
01-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Its so weird to tune to 99.7 and hear the q100 people.

EJ25RUN
01-22-2008, 08:06 AM
im very upset about this. i grant 96.1 was a good idea but 99x wasn't a bad one. There was alot of stuff 99x had that no other station played especially that mid 90's stuff i like (sneaker pimps, the verve, and such). They also had the 12:00 old skool rock hour which ill really miss. It might not seem like it to most but for those of us that listen to stuff outside the norm 99x wasn't perfect but it was better than everything else. This goes furthur than that because sat radio espically xm has turned to more and more commercials and yet strongly advertise otherwise.

Spectic Tank
01-22-2008, 08:09 AM
Yep, as of Friday

Are you talking about last Fri.? because Q100 was playing on 99x this morning.

DieselNuts
01-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Are you talking about last Fri.? because Q100 was playing on 99x this morning.

Yeah, this past friday as in 4 days ago.

dartingd
01-22-2008, 01:13 PM
no^^^ this friday is it...they still play 99x norm after 10am...they don't play before right now because the morning show people quit when they heard about the shutdown...but after friday, 1/25, 99x is gone for normal radio people...

hydroshutter
01-22-2008, 01:34 PM
I say hooray. I hate Q100 too though.

And I already heard about this.

+1

§treet_§peed
01-22-2008, 01:44 PM
****ing hell i knew this **** was gonna happen eventually.. i remember when 99x used to be the **** back in the day with the old crew.. i remember parttying like hell and listening to 99x.. this **** if PHUCKING GHEY!!!!!!

RandomGuy
01-22-2008, 01:50 PM
i listened to 99x since 95.... back when it was barnes, lesley and jimmy..

I was pretty mad when i heard this... I called in haha i was like wtf how can yall just go down like this... I don't even know who i was tlaking to he'slike yeah all good things must come to an end... i was like :jerkit: stfu lol

so yeah with that said i'm geting sattelite radio 961 doesn't play enough 90's alternative.... the mix is good, but not near-perfect like 99x was.

§treet_§peed
01-22-2008, 01:56 PM
i think we should boycott!! or start our own station !

SRCRX
01-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Sirius FTW!

YEP!!

JDMJAYDC2
01-22-2008, 02:27 PM
from what i have been reading 99x will be a online radio station now and they will be one of the first radio stations to have audio as well as live streaming video as well the website should be done by the time q100 takes over 99.7 on friday. Think of it as The howard stern show but online. how you can listen and see the dj's at the same time it should be really cool

Tracy
01-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Who listens to the radio anymore? This is the new millennium!

Princess12
01-22-2008, 02:33 PM
I am really bummed out about all of this. I absolutely loved the MorningX. It was by far the best and most entertaining morning show out there. I listened to Project 96.1 this morning, and it wasn't too bad. But I am going to miss the Taint Game and all the other stupid stuff that made 99X entertaining. Are there any other stations out there besides 96.1 that tap into some of the music 99X was playing?

DrewS2K
01-22-2008, 02:55 PM
96.1> 99.7

thank god, they blew lol

bastarling84
01-22-2008, 02:58 PM
99x has been going steadily downhill for about 5 years now anyways. I'm not surprised.

By the way, this web site has some cool info. Not sure on how accurate it is, so take it for what it's worth:
www.99xwatch.org

DrewS2K
01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
well now we know

TicketRedBB6
01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
I liked their morning a show a lot. It wasn't as funny as it used to be a few years ago, but still something decent to listen to on the way to college everyday. 96.1 plays some good stuff sometimes, but like other people said, they mostly play older rock that i dont really care for.

81911SC
01-22-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm pretty upset about it. I have been listening for about 6-7 years and even though the MorningX wasn't what it used to be, it's still better then those fag gots.
I called raising hell this morning.

Nomad!
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
99x has been going steadily downhill for about 5 years now anyways. I'm not surprised.
No doubt!

I used to like 99x back in the day. It was really cool when they would broadcast live concerts. I still have the cassette of Pearl Jam live @ The Fox Theater. Damn, that was forever ago! That station really took a turn for the worse when they were brought by Cumulus.

YoTa_BoX
01-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Fuick 99x Who Remembers POWER 99 Top 40

Bring that back i say!!!

Power99 On the Edge

green91
01-22-2008, 06:12 PM
I quit listening the day that Fred Toucher left, their morning show has been AWFUL, and leslie has been a succubus to the station, she is awful. good riddance

MIKE.P
01-22-2008, 06:18 PM
99 s-u-X.......................project ftmfw.....well most of the time..they seem to play the hell outa the same 5 songs...

JDMjoe
01-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah 99x shutting down fu*king sucks! It was kinda suprising b/c they seemed like a pretty big station, being involved w/ lots of local things. I think the online will fail within a few months. Seems like a good idea but honestly most of the people listened, listened on the radio. Time to get HD radio and/or take my antenna off! Ipod ftw :yes:

chrisdavis
01-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Time to get HD radio

The Incubator (96.2) is way better than 99x. I dont think they are going to make it on HD, Cummulus has done nothing but run 99x into the ground after purchasing them.

http://www.project961.com/pages/theIncubator.html

Whiteboy™
01-22-2008, 07:34 PM
99suX

Thighs
01-22-2008, 07:37 PM
961 sucks ****. all they play is old grunge **** and metal.

james
01-22-2008, 07:39 PM
they kept everyone in the dark about this until i think last friday. leslie was actually fired, and so was jenners, and steve from the steve show.

i work(ed) for them. but not any more i suppose. lololol. bummer.

JDMjoe
01-22-2008, 08:31 PM
The Incubator (96.2) is way better than 99x. I dont think they are going to make it on HD, Cummulus has done nothing but run 99x into the ground after purchasing them.

http://www.project961.com/pages/theIncubator.html
Yeah the only thing i don't like about 96.1 is that they never play alot of new alternative. Don't get me wrong they play good music but not what im really into. I like how they play tool alot but 99x was good new alternative. Yeah i don't think they will make it either. It seems like this "new revolution" is a nice way of saying we were shut down and are future looks dim. Ill listen to them online when im around a computer but i just don't think it will last...

chrisdavis
01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah the only thing i don't like about 96.1 is that they never play alot of new alternative. Don't get me wrong they play good music but not what im really into. I like how they play tool alot but 99x was good new alternative. Yeah i don't think they will make it either. It seems like this "new revolution" is a nice way of saying we were shut down and are future looks dim. Ill listen to them online when im around a computer but i just don't think it will last...

The incubator plays new music. click the link and launch the player, you will be pleasently suprised. :goodjob:

josh green
01-22-2008, 08:45 PM
99x used to be good but then they kept changing what they played and then would always wind up going back to some good stuff, but would change it again. 96.1 plays the same thing over and over and they sucks as well. XM FTW if you got it, Ipod for the others.

BTW Fred Toucher was a GOD

green91
01-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Fred toucher was the ****, i still laugh when i think about his song about the head master dieing. but now its all sirius for me!

green91
01-22-2008, 09:22 PM
They need to get fat kid, wally, toucher & jimmy back on the air, even though i hated jimmy. maybe even bring callandro back so they can make fun of his ***** ass

Z33_kid
01-22-2008, 09:29 PM
no more 99x :( no more rock :(

dartingd
01-22-2008, 09:34 PM
they kept everyone in the dark about this until i think last friday. leslie was actually fired, and so was jenners, and steve from the steve show.

i work(ed) for them. but not any more i suppose. lololol. bummer.

why were they fired? i hope queer100 fails miserably and the whole company goes under, lol...i've been listening to the project and dave fm...

The Yousef
01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
fuk me....time to get sirius :(

ATL86
01-22-2008, 09:56 PM
99x died when it changed from Power 99.

Project 96.1 is the only radio station I listen to now...

§treet_§peed
01-23-2008, 05:55 PM
actually they have been on the air and streaming for quite some time now

redpanda
01-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Been listening to 99x for a while now and was bummed about the whole "moving" situation. Since a couple days ago, I've been listening to the project and well...I'm impressed

allmotoronly
01-23-2008, 08:24 PM
99x was the only decent ATL station I could pick up in milledgeville.... I've been listening to it for about 6 or 7 years, and I agree, it has gone downhill, but I will still miss it. I wonder they will still do the freeloader stuff?

Turbo Terrance
01-24-2008, 11:36 PM
I THOUGHT SIRIUS AND XM ALREADY MERGED??

JDMjoe
01-25-2008, 12:17 PM
9 6 1 sucks!

dartingd
01-25-2008, 12:20 PM
then what are you gonna listen to? ^^^^

JDMjoe
01-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Im not sure lol. I might have to go strickly iTunes. The music isn't bad its just there radio personalities are awful! Its annoying to listen to them...