PDA

View Full Version : Bellsouth vs. Comcast

MachNU
01-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Which is better Comcast fast acess or wtf ever its called or Bellsouth Fast Access? I am looking at upgrading internets, and have bellsouth slow access currently, and its just about $25 more a month for their better internet, or $67 a month through comcast, with a $200 installing fee!

atlvi3tb0i
01-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Bellsouth Fast Access

Chuckster
01-21-2008, 04:43 PM
I have had comcast and now using bellsouth fast access. Only reason why I switched is b/c comcast customer service sucks. They are both pretty good. No problems with bellsouth yet. Only problem I had with comcast was every few months the internet would reset it self and it made me go through settign up comcast on my pc all over again and people at comcast had no clue why. They just gave me a shortcut through the comcast setup.

MachNU
01-21-2008, 04:49 PM
so speed wise there is no difference? becuase it would be a pain in the ass to spend all that money for hook up fee and **** when i can just upgradE!?!?!

Chuckster
01-21-2008, 04:58 PM
I havnt notice a difference. I have heard it depends on where you live also. When I lived in Alpharetta I had comcast and it was way faster then out here in Kennesaw. I have a buddy that has Bellsouth and he says my connection is faster then his and he lives in Marietta.

MachNU
01-21-2008, 05:05 PM
well **** looks like i have to go with the comcast, the bellsouth fastaccess 6/512 is not available where i live!

ueyedgr8tness
01-21-2008, 05:07 PM
comcast ftw!! i would rather not have net if i had to go with bell S..

Grimm Reeper
01-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I have Comcast and all I pay is 40 something a month and Mike I can fawk'n help you install it. All you have to do is go to a Best Buy I believe and get the Comcast kit and it would walk you through it. I did means myself, but I also purchased my cable modem, because renting one only adds up, but when I did that it also had a $100 rebate.

MachNU
01-21-2008, 05:20 PM
I have Comcast and all I pay is 40 something a month and Mike I can fawk'n help you install it. All you have to do is go to a Best Buy I believe and get the Comcast kit and it would walk you through it. I did means myself, but I also purchased my cable modem, because renting one only adds up, but when I did that it also had a $100 rebate.

you mean you just paid for the monthly service signing up and best buy sells a home install kit? i just want a single line i can attach into a modem then run to a router to transfer signal between two systems?

Grimm Reeper
01-21-2008, 05:26 PM
you mean you just paid for the monthly service signing up and best buy sells a home install kit? i just want a single line i can attach into a modem then run to a router to transfer signal between two systems?

Yea. Well I stay in an apartment and Comcast basic cable was included in my package as well as other things. Yea I just pay the basic fee nothing more nothing less. And I'm not to sure about the last part, you might want to call customer service on that one man lol

Mik2006
01-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Witch fast access are you getting. if its not the highest one then comcast is faster. but price wise. i would stick with dsl cause i mean its still fast.

MachNU
01-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Witch fast access are you getting. if its not the highest one then comcast is faster. but price wise. i would stick with dsl cause i mean its still fast.

**** i am currently on th 3/256 fast access and its slow as ****!

ZeDFuNk
01-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Which is better Comcast fast acess or wtf ever it's called or Bellsouth Fast Access? I am looking at upgrading internets, and have bellsouth slow access currently, and it's just about $25 more a month for their better internet, or $67 a month through comcast, with a $200 installing fee!

comcast rapes bellsouth... I'm a gamer so Comcast 10mb cable is a must.. None of bellsouth's services even compare to that speed. If you're gaming.. then go with comcast.. if you're just going to download stuff and surf the web, stay with Bellsouth and get their fastest package.

MachNU
01-21-2008, 06:02 PM
comcast rapes bellsouth... I'm a gamer so Comcast 10mb cable is a must.. None of bellsouth's services even compare to that speed. If you're gaming.. then go with comcast.. if you're just going to download stuff and surf the web, stay with Bellsouth and get their fastest package.

gaming, downloading and streaming, but my area i cant get the best bellsouth, so looks like i am going to have to go with comcast! just got to figure out if i can get one line and route to two different systems!

tony
01-21-2008, 06:07 PM

For now, we've (AT&T) have been testing dsl service that syncs up at about 24mb download as of late.. its rolling out in Cobb county first then spreading out from there.

MachNU
01-21-2008, 06:09 PM
For now, we've (AT&T) have been testing dsl service that syncs up at about 24mb download as of late.. its rolling out in Cobb county first then spreading out from there.

well AT&T bought out bellsouth, but there internet is still slow as ****! so i need something faster!

RISKYB
01-21-2008, 07:42 PM
i have bellsouth, no problems service wise or speed wise, good luck with your decission though

Nissan Sean
01-22-2008, 10:05 AM
just get a wireless adapter and steal internet. all you have to do is pickup someones wirless. i do it all the time with my laptop. lol. i'd go with comcast, they are the shizzat when it comes to internet speed. faster than bellsouth

zoeb786
01-22-2008, 12:32 PM
bellsouth has internet service without a phone line, debuted last month. just ask for "dsl direct" when you call in. you can get the fastest internet in atlanta (6.0 mb, same as comcast) for the same price and its more reliable..

edit: price is $45 per month, no regulatory fees that they charge on phone lines...

Jecht
01-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Comcast ftl if you use the internet a lot or download a ton of stuff.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2111373,00.asp

GIXXERDK
01-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I think its all about location, when I had Bell South I would get DC at least 10-15 times a day. When it rains, I can forget about getting online. Comcast hasn't given me any problems.