PDA

View Full Version : The good and the bad of my morning.

Mr. Clean
01-20-2008, 11:37 AM
welllllllll....

woke up this morning ready to go get my my pimped out gangster minty fresh CRX seats from 1SOL2NV. but first i wanted to put my console back in that i painted last night (the good)... turned out awesome, i took EVERTHING apart and cleaned it and painted it all back to black. i had just gotten my new rare ass ashtray cover in. well i grab everything up and walk outside and go to pop my door open but it wont do sh*t. so i get in the passenger side and it still wont open.

so i use my emergency pull line (popped doors FTL). and yank on the door and it opens. well it turns out the grabber in the door that grabs the pin is broken and has no spring action it moves freely. so i decide IM DONE... im going to pop the plates off my shaved doors and put a whole new handle/lock assembly in. well i put my template on my door and use a razor to cut the bondo around the plate tape it off and start whacking from the inside and it works great... bondo starts breaking, im excited so i go to the outside of the door and start peeling pieces of bondo off and WHAM! i see the nice pretty weld that goes allllll the way around the plate. so im screwed.

but 1SOL2NV just happen to have a set of doors so i think im probably just going to get a set of granada black doors with working everything (windows, mirrors, weather-stripping everything wired no cut harness) from him for about the same price as the seats i was going to pick up. all this at 9am when its 18 degress outside. blah. so right now i just replaced the locking mechanism and hooked the popper back up and i have an awful bondo hole on my door :(

pics of the good and bad:

Papa_Smurf
01-20-2008, 11:44 AM
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

that door looks messed up bro.

Mr. Clean
01-20-2008, 11:46 AM
yes indeed... haha but i can probably get those new doors back on it tom. i mean its just a wiring hook up and 4 bolts per door.

quickdodge®
01-20-2008, 11:51 AM
^^^ Do you ever ride up Hwy 78 in the Snellville area? And are you boosted? Later, QD.

Mr. Clean
01-20-2008, 11:53 AM
nooo im a looong way away from snellville and def. not boosted.

the guy i got it from lives in monroe. it was painted like this by him and i dont think it was ever boosted

unless you were talked to zc

redrumracer
01-20-2008, 11:54 AM
get a grinder and cut the plate out then smooth it

Mr. Clean
01-20-2008, 11:55 AM
get a grinder and cut the plate out then smooth it

i live in an apt. and i dont really have anybody to call for a fixerupper day.

plus they were VERY liberal with the bondo

JDMjoe
01-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Damn that looks awful justin!

quickdodge®
01-20-2008, 12:10 PM
nooo im a looong way away from snellville and def. not boosted.

the guy i got it from lives in monroe. it was painted like this by him and i dont think it was ever boosted

unless you were talked to zc

Was it boosted or did it have an intake that looks like an IC? I remember seeing a Del Sol exactly like this one(color and all) on 78 a couple months back. Later, QD.

Mr. Clean
01-20-2008, 12:10 PM
haha i know...

Grimm Reeper
01-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Sorry to see that J

Whiteboy™
01-20-2008, 12:15 PM
well they shaved it right at least. lol

mushroom_toy
01-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Please tell me you looked on the inside of the door to make sure the plate wasnt welded in? I told you to come down here and do it fool, I have chisels somewhere in the building and some **** we could have gotten the plate out. Anyway though good new for me I got a security job lol, so Im gonna be in atlanta tonight, mon, tues, and wed. -_- training ftl.

Mr. Clean
01-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Please tell me you looked on the inside of the door to make sure the plate wasnt welded in? I told you to come down here and do it fool, I have chisels somewhere in the building and some **** we could have gotten the plate out. Anyway though good new for me I got a security job lol, so Im gonna be in atlanta tonight, mon, tues, and wed. -_- training ftl.

gangster... but yeah you cant see if it is welded or not from the inside... the lip that holds the handle from going all the way into the door from the outside doesnt let you see it.

1SOL2NV
01-20-2008, 10:40 PM
leave them shaved !!!!!!!!!!!! ... jus replace them .... i might grab these so HOLD on to them ! ( not right now either ) jus put them in storage .

Justin.
01-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Those are not shaved right, a real body person would have only put a tiny bit of filler in there, if any.....looks like an average joe shaved those doors.

.blank cd
01-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah. I woulda welded a plate over the door handles (if i wanted to shave my door handles anyway). People dont know bondo is only designed to fill in dings and holes less than 1/16th of an inch