PDA

View Full Version : remote start

Barefoot
01-19-2008, 08:02 PM
im lookin for a remote start unit that has a long range longer the better and either able to be started over the internet or have add on that will allow it. yall know anything please fill me in.

SRCRX
01-19-2008, 08:22 PM
For the long range check out any alarms for Directed Electronics (Viper and so on)
look for ones with SST technology(one mile range)
I've had a few customers tell me they have tested some up to 1 1/2 miles

not sure about the whole over the internet thing(I'm sure there are out there)

Barefoot
01-19-2008, 11:36 PM
an ex friend of mine has the internet this on his. thats where i got the idea from. i would ask him what was it but the whole ex friend thing lol. ill look into those.

myyellowspec
01-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Here is one from Viper (DEI) http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=101

khaxnguyen
01-20-2008, 05:06 PM
an ex friend of mine has the internet this on his. thats where i got the idea from. i would ask him what was it but the whole ex friend thing lol. ill look into those.

lol ur boyfriend left you! yeah but good to warm up your car before you run outside.

Barefoot
01-20-2008, 06:33 PM
lol ur boyfriend left you! yeah but good to warm up your car before you run outside.
yup couldnt handle the coc. but yah thats y i need the range or internet access to start it i work like atleast a mile away from our parking lot and it take us 15 minutes to ride back over there after our shift. so i figure that 15 minute could also be warm up time. so when i get there i can get in an go. u spend 12 hours a day at work when your on your time u know u dont want to be there anylong than u must.

khaxnguyen
01-20-2008, 06:40 PM
haha! but yeah u really dont need to warm up ur car for 15 minutes lol! i've heard somewhere, i think AAP, that u only need 30 seconds of warm up time.. but i do about a minute or so. and i feeel ya about work for i work a full 12 hours.

Mr2InSaNe
01-20-2008, 09:56 PM
check out the autopage line, they have a module called the C3 that enables your phone to be the 2way pager and you can control your car anywhere as long as your phone has service. more features come with it like GPS tracking ... if you want to know more info and where to get it locally pm me..

Barefoot
01-20-2008, 10:06 PM
pm sent

Barefoot
01-20-2008, 11:07 PM
check out the autopage line, they have a module called the C3 that enables your phone to be the 2way pager and you can control your car anywhere as long as your phone has service. more features come with it like GPS tracking ... if you want to know more info and where to get it locally pm me..
thankx for the help i will check them out

Barefoot
01-20-2008, 11:42 PM
haha! but yeah u really dont need to warm up ur car for 15 minutes lol! i've heard somewhere, i think AAP, that u only need 30 seconds of warm up time.. but i do about a minute or so. and i feeel ya about work for i work a full 12 hours.
whenever i drive it cold i can tell difference in it. and the supercharger always makes any extra bacground noise the the second the needle starts to move its done and it feels fine.

khaxnguyen
01-21-2008, 07:29 AM
^ cool, u have a supercharger =D lol. well i like this. and i think it has a starter kill...
http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=115

SOHC MONSTER
01-26-2008, 08:56 AM
I worked for omega for 4 years in the product design and development dept and tech support dept. They might also have what you are looking for.
www.caralarm.com