PDA

View Full Version : just finshed a swap, i have a few problems

korilee13
01-19-2008, 01:39 AM
i put a SOHC zc in my 95 civic, i mated it up with a manual tranny out of a 97 civic i got from dartingd which came from a d16y8 has 136k miles with "no grinds". i switched over my clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate.
it has cranked... 6 problems
1) the o2 sensor that advanced gave me is the wrong one
2) sounds like its skipping a beat
3) the small horizontal hole(looks like a hose hooks up to it) above where my CAI hooks up. not sure if it has a hose that supposed to connect
4) the vertical hole right at the base of the intake manifold(where it meets the block) is same deal as #3
5)one of the hoses coming off of where the heater core is on the firewall , idk where its supposed to hook up to
6) its stuck in a gear, i can tell that the clutch is engaging because when i press in on it the rotors stop spinning but none the less it is still stuck.
some one help me:( :cry:

AnthonyF
01-19-2008, 07:00 AM
some of these problems we will need pictures of to really figure out what ur talking about.

the o2 sensor, what year did u order?

1flysi
01-19-2008, 02:35 PM
6) its stuck in a gear, i can tell that the clutch is engaging because when i press in on it the rotors stop spinning but none the less it is still stuck.
some one help me:( :cry:

Is the car in the air. The tires will spin even if it is in nuetral.

japan4racing
01-19-2008, 02:46 PM
i am so confused...wtf are vertical and horizontal holes?

korilee13
01-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Is the car in the air. The tires will spin even if it is in neutral., i can tell its in gear though. cant move the shifter, if i press in the clutch the rotors stop spinning

korilee13
01-19-2008, 04:12 PM
i am so confused...wtf are vertical and horizontal holes?
hole = male part of a connection, "metal nipple"
vertical is like so...I
horizontal is like this... _

japan4racing
01-19-2008, 04:26 PM
i am very aware of the definition of vertical and horizontal....so you have some mipples with no hoses on them.....you have any hoses hanging not doing anything? they only fit one way. did you pull the old motor out? if so did you not pay attention to how everything went together?

korilee13
01-19-2008, 04:30 PM
i did pay attention homes but i know some of said nipples are breathers and some are supposed to have a hose connected. i have 1 hose w/o a connection and 2 "nipples".

japan4racing
01-19-2008, 05:35 PM
you are gonna need to post some pics here if you want some help...i have done who knows how many swaps and i have no clue what you are talking about

korilee13
01-19-2008, 08:06 PM
okay, well everything is fixed besides the transmission issue. i took out the cv axles and took off the shift linkage got someone to press in the clutch and forced it out of gear. it's still hard to shift through 1st and 2nd, i think a lil more oil should fix it. if someone has a better idea of how to fix my problem, please let me know, im taking a break for a couple hours, so ya'll let me know. reps will be rewarded

korilee13
01-19-2008, 08:07 PM
some of these problems we will need pictures of to really figure out what ur talking about.

the o2 sensor, what year did u order?

92-95 civic ex d16z6

japan4racing
01-19-2008, 09:21 PM
how much fluid is in it right now?

korilee13
01-19-2008, 11:13 PM
about 1.5 quarts.... i know that there is supposed to be 2, which is why i'm going to put the rest in and see how that does. any ideas as to what else it could be.
i figure its the fluid level:
1 because the said amount of fluid
2 1st and 2nd are difficult to shift in and out of
3 the other gears are also feel like they are having a small amount of trouble

japan4racing
01-19-2008, 11:44 PM
when the car is not running does it shift fine and smooth? the reason i ask is becuase if its hard to get in gear while running you may need to bleed the clutch cyl. if its hard all the time with the car running or not......the prognosis is probably not what you wanna hear!

korilee13
01-20-2008, 12:30 AM
ahh tranny fxcked?

TheProfiteer
01-20-2008, 03:00 AM
Are you putting a hydro tranny on a motor that needs a cable tranny? That could be one of your problems, and putting a OBD0 motor on an obd1 car is gonna cause you to have a few loose wires, hoses, ect ect.

korilee13
01-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Are you putting a hydro tranny on a motor that needs a cable tranny? That could be one of your problems, and putting a OBD0 motor on an obd1 car is gonna cause you to have a few loose wires, hoses, ect ect.hydro tranny....obd1 ebngine. i have everything but tranny fixed read above^