PDA

View Full Version : Misc accepted into ga tech

brownboi512
01-18-2008, 02:24 PM
just got accepted in ga tech...pretty excited. anyone on IA go there?

BLK JDM
01-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Congratulations. I really wish I had chosen to go there instead of Clemson. I'm not dogging Clemson but if you get through Tech you can demand gross amounts of money from employees. I see it on a daily basis. I'm a Junior Engineer @ Maxxis Tires and we have one guy here from Tech and I know he's making $$$.

Just really stick the books your 1st year. If you're planning on being a ME or EE that 1st year Calc & Chemistry is the killer. Most people fail those classes their freshman year.

JDM TYTE YO
01-18-2008, 02:34 PM
what are u planning on graduating in?

BLK JDM
01-18-2008, 02:46 PM
what are u planning on graduating in?

You mean what he plans on majoring in? Or when is he graduating from high school?

JDM TYTE YO
01-18-2008, 02:49 PM
You mean what he plans on majoring in? Or when is he graduating from high school?

lol what was i thinkin... yea what is he planning on majoring in

imbosile
01-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Congrats man, I am a second year at Tech. I started out in Mechanical, but just decided it wasn't for me. So this semester was my first semester in the business school, and so far I like it so much better. Right now I plan on focusing on accounting, but who knows.

but yeah, what do you plan on majoring in?

imbosile
01-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Congratulations. I really wish I had chosen to go there instead of Clemson. I'm not dogging Clemson but if you get through Tech you can demand gross amounts of money from employees. I see it on a daily basis. I'm a Junior Engineer @ Maxxis Tires and we have one guy here from Tech and I know he's making $$$.

Just really stick the books your 1st year. If you're planning on being a ME or EE that 1st year Calc & Chemistry is the killer. Most people fail those classes their freshman year.

Calc & Chem is not just limited to those two majors, it is required for every engineering major at Tech. I agree about it being a killer though haha. Calc 1, Calc 2, and Calc 3.... it wasn't fun. Chemistry is pretty easy though, assuming you took AP or at least Honors chem in high school.

thepolecat
01-18-2008, 03:06 PM
heh... geek...

No- Congrats, Good job. Here are some boobies for you:boobies:

Deke
01-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Congrats man! I'm in my fourth year at Tech (industrial engineering). It's no cake walk but it'll pay off once you're done.

brownboi512
01-18-2008, 04:11 PM
going to biomedical engineering for now. anyone wanna hook a freshman up with a parking decal? i dont wanna leave my teg at home

bigdare23
01-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Congrats man, I am a second year at Tech. I started out in Mechanical, but just decided it wasn't for me. So this semester was my first semester in the business school, and so far I like it so much better. Right now I plan on focusing on accounting, but who knows.

but yeah, what do you plan on majoring in?

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

There goes another one to the business school

MR2DR
01-18-2008, 04:39 PM
going to biomedical engineering for now. anyone wanna hook a freshman up with a parking decal? i dont wanna leave my teg at home

Congrats! My girlfriend just got her acceptance letter today too. BME FTW!!! Georgia Tech is ranked 3rd or 4th in the nation for their BME program. I have to advise you it's hard as hell though. I'm a first year and I have tons of friends majoring in BME. So far 2/5 dropped BME and switched to Bio/Chem. But good luck in your endeavors. What's the Good Word?!? :D

brownboi512
01-18-2008, 04:44 PM
to hell with georgia!! how bout em dogs?

bandydesign
01-18-2008, 04:48 PM
PISS ON 'EM!

Congrats man, I was excited too. Im a first year ME.

bandydesign
01-18-2008, 04:51 PM

Oh and by the way, live on West campus!

brownboi512
01-18-2008, 05:00 PM
yea i already heard it was better than east...but idk bout which one on west...all depends on aid to see how much i can afford.

Nittanys1
01-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Congrats on getting into TECH!

Deke
01-18-2008, 05:07 PM

I started out biomedical engineering to. It's a *****, but if you really like it (which it turns out I didn't) it's do-able. I made the switch to IE the end of my second year (1st in the nation baby!). Not trying to discourage you by any means. One of my really good friends will be graduating with a bme degree in 4 years flat (rare).

As for parking permits. My freshman year I just went into the parking office and got one. They tell you the freshman can't have one, haha but I got one just fine. Granted it wasn't the closest lot though.

I'm not going to disagree completely with this, but know that east campus definitely has its perks too (closer tech square, football, and most parties). And if you're considering going greek, you should definitely live on east, no question about it.

brownboi512
01-18-2008, 05:42 PM
i dont plan on going greek til soph year...so hows the import scene at tech? u guys have any meets?

MR2DR
01-18-2008, 05:43 PM

what if he wants the "freshman experience" with freshman hill and all? =P
and i mean East is really closer to everything else. Brittain > Woodruff though :goodjob: :D

bandydesign
01-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Brittain > Woodruff though :goodjob: :D

WHAT??????????????? I've never heard that, its always been Woodies!:thinking:

ahmonrah
01-18-2008, 06:10 PM
my girl graduated from there(civil engineering) and yeah......bank and rank. but you've got to work for it.

i've seen friends of hers that went there make millions before graduation/drop out. i've seen some become total flops, but most often they know what they want out of tech, get it, and command a pretty high salary, upon completion of school.

imbosile
01-18-2008, 10:38 PM
I like east campus a lot better, not sure what it is, but I just like the whole feel of east much much better.

I don't know what the **** you're talking about EcKoBoi770, haha, Brittain sucks compared to Woodruff.

AnthonyF
01-19-2008, 09:22 AM

Changaroo goes there. I live a lil north of there. but congrats man! I wish i was smart enough to go there.

itsnotarex
01-19-2008, 10:26 AM
I go to Tech, as well. I'm a fourth year management major. Got a jaerb lined up and then I'm out this *****.

Congrats man!!!

Hulud
01-21-2008, 12:24 AM

tsk tsk, you go correcting others yet last time i checked employers paid you, not employees.... LOL

but anyways, you ever goto the Palms gas station near clemson?

Frög
01-21-2008, 12:31 AM
i actually might transfer.. next semester..

Kyle
01-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Georgia tech blows. Go to a better school, if I could go back I def. would.

imbosile
01-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Georgia tech blows. Go to a better school, if I could go back I def. would.

What don't you like about it?

I'm pretty happy all my management teachers actually speak clear English, it's a nice change from Engineering.

MR2DR
01-21-2008, 11:44 PM
I like east campus a lot better, not sure what it is, but I just like the whole feel of east much much better.

I don't know what the **** you're talking about EcKoBoi770, haha, Brittain sucks compared to Woodruff.

I was kidding, woodie's good but Brittain is more convenient. and everytime i go it makes me feel like im at hogwarts or sum ****. :D

imbosile
01-22-2008, 10:24 AM
I was kidding, woodie's good but Brittain is more convenient. and everytime i go it makes me feel like im at hogwarts or sum ****. :D

haha yeah it is way more convenient for the east campus folks. chicken sandwich covered in hot sauce was always my favorite

Kyle
01-22-2008, 12:26 PM
What don't you like about it?

I'm pretty happy all my management teachers actually speak clear English, it's a nice change from Engineering.
As a school, its great. Management is easy and I will get a good job and decent pay.

BUT... its an awful place to be. 70% guys 30% girls, downtown atlanta isnt that great, etc. Stay a few weekends at any college town and you will realize this place sucks.

MR2DR
01-22-2008, 12:33 PM
As a school, its great. Management is easy and I will get a good job and decent pay.

BUT... its an awful place to be. 70% guys 30% girls, downtown atlanta isnt that great, etc. Stay a few weekends at any college town and you will realize this place sucks.

The atmosphere adds to the seriousness and studiousness of tech. I mean seriously, it really IS easier to concentrate and listen in lecture when ****ing 4 out of only 5 girls in your class is ugly as **** and that 1 girl is only decent because she's skinnier and is wearing sophee's and it's ****ing 34 degrees outside. Know what I mean? But in all seriousness, staying the weekend at Athens with some old high school friends was the ****. :boobies: and :cheers:everywhere you go :bannana:

bandydesign
01-22-2008, 01:14 PM
eh the girls are like parking spots; all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicap

Magnus213
01-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Haha. I nearly went to Tech, I have some good friends there and I liked the school. Congrats on getting in, that's a great feeling for sure. And, as bad as you might find the girls there, realize that they are far better than what I'm dealing with.

imbosile
01-22-2008, 03:22 PM

I can agree with that, my physics lab last year was 18 guys... and 1 girl. all these management classes have been so much better though

DrewS2K
01-22-2008, 03:43 PM
eh the girls are like parking spots; all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicap

lmao