Maverick
01-18-2008, 12:47 AM
it was great...it will probly piss people off. but its great

DrewS2K
01-18-2008, 12:49 AM
who would it piss off?

Deke
01-18-2008, 12:51 AM
I just dont think there is a way to have a movie with so much hype and secrecy and it not piss some people off once the "secret" is revealed.

Maverick
01-18-2008, 12:59 AM
who would it piss off?

people expecting an answer :p

SE-Rious1
01-18-2008, 01:00 AM
i bet iots godzilla or atleast its babies where it left off on the last one

Ran
01-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Movie was f*cking awesome. Excellent work with the video-camera type of filming and good monster/event coverage.

The only downside to this movie that I can see, is that those who haven't followed the clue websites or at least researched it a bit are going to be very lost.

NOBODY in the movie itself knows what's going on and while from an entertainment point of view it's aggrivating, from a realistic point of view it's excellent. Some will hate it, some will love it.

9.5/10 :goodjob:

Nomad!
01-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Do they show/tell what's creating all the havoc?

Ran
01-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Do they show/tell what's creating all the havoc?They show the monster(s) quiet a bit, but the background information and the reason why it's attacking are omitted. Again, it's supposed to be from the everyday person's POV in such a situation, which would be clueless. For the full story, you'd have to check out the movie's viral marketing campaign across the internet.

Why are there two threads for this movie? :thinking:

Nomad!
01-18-2008, 10:04 AM
They show the monster(s) quiet a bit, but the background information and the reason why it's attacking are omitted. Again, it's supposed to be from the everyday person's POV in such a situation, which would be clueless. For the full story, you'd have to check out the movie's viral marketing campaign across the internet.
:goodjob:

...but I don't feel like reading. It hurts :(

Ran
01-18-2008, 10:07 AM
:goodjob:

...but I don't feel like reading. It hurts :(lol, it's all good. Most of the viral websites consisted of puzzles and games rather then just reading.

Still, even if you just walk into the theater without looking up other info then you should enjoy it. Some of the things they did with the camera were just awesome. :goodjob:

Maverick
01-18-2008, 11:35 AM
agreed, it was done very well, i made another thread cause the other one had like 3 pages and it was before the movie was out...this thread is for those who have seen it, oh and did u see the thing fallin at the end during the ferris wheel scene?

Ran
01-18-2008, 11:48 AM
agreed, it was done very well, i made another thread cause the other one had like 3 pages and it was before the movie was out...this thread is for those who have seen it, oh and did u see the thing fallin at the end during the ferris wheel scene?No, I missed that. I'm going to go see it again tomorrow anyway. That says a lot because I NEVER see movies twice in theatres unless someone else is buying.

Ran
01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IZiwU18Sf7Y&feature=related

^ Videos from the 1-18-08 viral marketing campaign. Enjoy.

Nomad!
01-18-2008, 05:37 PM
lol, it's all good. Most of the viral websites consisted of puzzles and games rather then just reading.

Still, even if you just walk into the theater without looking up other info then you should enjoy it. Some of the things they did with the camera were just awesome. :goodjob:
That's good to hear. My stance has always been A Good Movie Is A Good Movie. I am now interested in this movie for something other than the carnage :D

DrewS2K
01-18-2008, 06:13 PM
people expecting an answer :p

:???: ok then..

Catnip
01-18-2008, 09:23 PM
I thought superbad was the worst waste of my money movie ever made.

This movie by far wins that title.
I just wanted to walk out the whole time, but I went with 3 friends and didn't want to be a **** to them.

Cloverfield good :umno:

Nitro
01-18-2008, 09:58 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IvNkGm8mxiM

ehhhhhhhh? :dunno:

AnthonyF
01-19-2008, 09:20 AM
my roomie just went to see it last night. ill ask him about it when he wakes up. looks pretty good. i like when movies piss people off (da vinci code)

.93lude
01-21-2008, 01:23 AM
They show the monster(s) quiet a bit, but the background information and the reason why it's attacking are omitted. Again, it's supposed to be from the everyday person's POV in such a situation, which would be clueless. For the full story, you'd have to check out the movie's viral marketing campaign across the internet.

Why are there two threads for this movie? :thinking:

u got a cliff notes version of the whole background story (what? why? etc)?
ive been followin this since day one but i never really found much legit detail, only got the jist of it, i.e. first person, digital camera, that kinda stuff

patrick4588
01-21-2008, 02:21 AM

I just wanted to walk out the whole time, but I went with 3 friends and didn't want to be a **** to them.

you didnt like superbad?? what is wrong with you? i laugh every time i see it.

Ran
01-21-2008, 11:10 AM

Cloverfield good :umno:You didn't like Cloverfield or Superbad? What the hell do you normally watch? Gone with the Wind?

Kevykev
01-21-2008, 11:36 AM
You didn't like Cloverfield or Superbad? What the hell do you normally watch? Gone with the Wind?

HAHAHAHAHA

Superbad was GREAT!

slopoke
01-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Cloverfield was horrible! Its blair witch meets godzilla. Me and the g/f got a really bad headache from the stupid camera thoughout the entire movie, they never explained where the monster came from, just poof a 300 ft monster in the middle of nyc, they never even said if the monster actually died from the nuke, and did the other friends live? Well if you do go see it i guess you have to stay till after the credits i guess theres more footage, wish i knew that before seeing it, but i thought it was horrible...

Ran
01-21-2008, 12:26 PM
they never explained where the monster came from, just poof a 300 ft monster in the middle of nycRead the rest of the thread. Cloverfield isn't focused just around the movie. To get the full story, you gotta go online and get the rest of the information. The movie is just a part of it.

they never even said if the monster actually died from the nukeGotta stay thru the credits.

did the other friends live?What "other friends"? The girl that got on the first chopper?

you have to stay till after the credits i guess theres more footageNo extra footage, but they do tell you if the monster survived or not.

JDM TYTE YO
01-21-2008, 12:28 PM
the movie was stupid.. dont watch it... didnt explain jack **** to as what the thing was or how it happend or how it ended...

Ran
01-21-2008, 12:38 PM
I love how all these guys want the information spoon fed to them.

TheDarkRacer
01-21-2008, 02:49 PM
well i thought it was the ****. the 2 girls i were with almost threw up, and my buddy bitched about no explanation but i loved it. The re bar part and camera suriving half that **** was stupid but other then that i loved it.

Mike Lowrey
01-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Cloverfield = the worst movie ever!

I want that part of my life back!

1. Storyline sucked ass!
2. Cast could not act at all!
3. The blair witch **** was old back when the blair with came out

I really don't see what people see in this movie. I guess some people's standards are just very low.....

Kevykev
01-21-2008, 04:00 PM
It was "ok" - Had some good parts, camera got annoying at some points. I would've been fine renting it though.

Ran
01-21-2008, 04:27 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/faq#.2.1.38

There are some answered FAQ for those that are too dense to follow a good movie.

Ran
01-21-2008, 04:34 PM
http://boomp3.com/m/bd034dfca370

^ Clip of the recording heard at the end of the credits.

SPOOLIN
01-21-2008, 05:10 PM
I suggest to take this before seeing the movie!!!! Its good but you will get sick.
http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.Drugstore.com/prodimg/16141/200.jpg

Complete
01-21-2008, 06:21 PM

X2 ... made me hella dizzy.. :upchuck:

ubers2k
01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the movie was from the prespective of a few people that got caught in the middle of it. I don't know about you, but if this **** were to happen, I don't think I would know anything about it either. I mean, seriously, if you're a survivor caught in this kind of situation, are you suddenly going to know EVERYTHING about what is going on? Of course not. We saw what they saw, and that was it. The main character development came in the form of overwritten footage in-between recordings of the attack.

The movie, IMO, was well written. It gave a new look on the typical monster movie where we know everything that's going on. If they make a sequel, and I'm sure they will, I'm hoping it's from the prespective of the military.

Ran
01-21-2008, 07:13 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the movie was from the prespective of a few people that got caught in the middle of it. I don't know about you, but if this **** were to happen, I don't think I would know anything about it either. I mean, seriously, if you're a survivor caught in this kind of situation, are you suddenly going to know EVERYTHING about what is going on? Of course not. We saw what they saw, and that was it. The main character development came in the form of overwritten footage in-between recordings of the attack.

The movie, IMO, was well written. It gave a new look on the typical monster movie where we know everything that's going on. If they make a sequel, and I'm sure they will, I'm hoping it's from the prespective of the military.:werd:

If they did another movie that followed either the military or government POV that gave all the information or what-not, I'd definitely go see it.

I think people just expected this movie to give all the answers and what-not like every other dime-a-dozen monster movie. This first person POV and real-time experience was very well done. :yes:

Ah, and enjoy your first light-green bar. :goodjob:

ubers2k
01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
:werd:

If they did another movie that followed either the military or government POV that gave all the information or what-not, I'd definitely go see it.

I think people just expected this movie to give all the answers and what-not like every other dime-a-dozen monster movie. This first person POV and real-time experience was very well done. :yes:

Ah, and enjoy your first light-green bar. :goodjob:

The one thing I don't think they'd be able to do is tell more about where the creature came from. Granted there might be a scientific prespective that may discuss a little, but nothing can really be said. I'd be happy to see them study the little ones that they captured, and also see what happened to that one girl that got bitten. I mean, why did they freak out over that bite? I have my opinions on that matter, but it would still be awesome to see it from an examiners (sp?) point of view.

Ran
01-21-2008, 07:50 PM
The one thing I don't think they'd be able to do is tell more about where the creature came from. Granted there might be a scientific prespective that may discuss a little, but nothing can really be said.True. How would we know? Assumption? The great thing about this monster is that the people in the movie DON'T know where it came from or why. I think that element just adds so much more to the movie experience.

I'd be happy to see them study the little ones that they captured, and also see what happened to that one girl that got bitten. I mean, why did they freak out over that bite? I have my opinions on that matter, but it would still be awesome to see it from an examiners (sp?) point of view.The IMDB FAQ page I posted has the info on that if you really want to know. Check out the page, it's a good read. :goodjob:

AtifSajid
01-21-2008, 07:54 PM
did you guys see the monster land in the water at the end of the movie? Pay attention.

Maniac1
01-21-2008, 07:58 PM
I might go see it tonight or tomorrow night... from the previews it looks like a pretty cool movie.

.93lude
01-21-2008, 08:34 PM
did you guys see the monster land in the water at the end of the movie? Pay attention.

its a fact that the object falling in the water was not the monster, it should be on that FAQ site posted above

Ran
01-22-2008, 08:12 AM
I might go see it tonight or tomorrow night... from the previews it looks like a pretty cool movie.It is, unless you have a weak stomach and get motion-sickness like half of the guys in this thread. lol

DeutscheBAG!
01-22-2008, 09:12 AM
http://www.1-18-08.com/

website updated

anybody read Japanese?
flip over the back of the picture of the chef

Ran
01-22-2008, 09:24 AM
http://www.1-18-08.com/

website updated

anybody read Japanese?
flip over the back of the picture of the chefThank you for checking us out! We are introducing this week's tasty dish. Make sure you eat it cold!

Skinless chicken breast - 2, cut into halves
Somen noodles - 10 oz.
Watercress - 1/2 cup, cut into small strips
Turnip - 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
Shiitake Mushrooms - 1/2 cup
Chicken stock - 1/3 cup
Sake - 2 tbsp.
Sugar - 1/2 tsp.
Deep Sea Nectar - 1 pinch

In a small saucepan, stir together 1/3 cup water, chicken stock, sake, and sugar. Chill it until it becomes cold. Grill the chicken breast on both sides for about 8 minutes then chill. Boil the noodles for about 3 minutes, and run under cold water until chilled. Mix the watercress, radish, and mushrooms into the somen. Thinly slice the chicken and arrange on top of the mixed somen. Just before you serve, put the deep sea nectar in the sauce and pour over the noodles generously.

Go Go Delicious Chef!

.93lude
01-22-2008, 03:34 PM
^^^^hasnt that pic been there for a while now?

EJ25RUN
01-22-2008, 03:40 PM
ok i saw the movie again and wanted to know if anybody knows what that "radio thing was after credits" cause i didnt get what he said.

Ran
01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
ok i saw the movie again and wanted to know if anybody knows what that "radio thing was after credits" cause i didnt get what he said.Read page 2 of this thread. I've posted it twice now. :)

Revmaynard
01-22-2008, 05:27 PM
How do you flip the pictures on the site? I've seen them before but didn't know you could flip them.

.93lude
01-22-2008, 06:16 PM
click on them and move the mouse back-and forth-quickly and it should flip them over

phd1ck
01-22-2008, 11:33 PM
just watched the movie. it was great. got pissed bc some jackasses in front of me kept sayin how retarded the movie was DURING the movie. but really i can't see why anyone wouldn't like this movie. it was just... awesome! haha

GSRteg®
01-22-2008, 11:49 PM
It was alright just my :2cents:

turboSOHC
01-23-2008, 12:48 AM
it was GAY

BuBBa DRiFT
01-23-2008, 05:08 AM
awesome movie, and the FAQ makes it even better.

Maverick
01-23-2008, 05:37 PM
ok i saw the movie again and wanted to know if anybody knows what that "radio thing was after credits" cause i didnt get what he said.

its still alive

BuBBa DRiFT
01-23-2008, 06:02 PM
i love schooling folks who call this a dumb movie about godzilla attacking folks and some dude getting nuked. i educated that hick ***** so fast. she didnt know what to say. only regret was i looked like a total geek hahahah i dont care, i layed down the law on her non appreciative ass.

BKgen®
01-26-2008, 11:45 PM
I just saw it and I loved every minute of it. I've never seen a movie that made me genuinely scared for the main characters and like I was stuck in a nightmare with them. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. The camera moving around got annoying at some parts but if you were in that situation, would you be able to hold the camera level and steady?

If you're too narrow-minded to think for yourself instead of having a plot handed to you on a golden platter, don't go see the movie. Otherwise, do a little research and enjoy the damn film!

i give it an 8.5/10

AnthonyF
01-27-2008, 09:57 PM
i finally saw it last night. i sat tooooo close and my head was killing me. pros and cons to the movie. BIGGEST con for me was:

my dad was a crew chief of a helicopter in vietnam, he fell like 100ft or so and broke his back....they fell from about 500-1000ft and LIVED!!! wtf??

BuBBa DRiFT
01-27-2008, 11:33 PM
i finally saw it last night. i sat tooooo close and my head was killing me. pros and cons to the movie. BIGGEST con for me was:

my dad was a crew chief of a helicopter in vietnam, he fell like 100ft or so and broke his back....they fell from about 500-1000ft and LIVED!!! wtf??

they were in the chopper, im sure the outer exoskeleton absorbed most of the impact

AnthonyF
01-28-2008, 06:13 AM
they were in the chopper, im sure the outer exoskeleton absorbed most of the impactso was my father. helicopters have enough support to keep them rigid in the air. once the hit ground, espically at a high rate of speed, the crumple like a can.

BKgen®
01-28-2008, 07:57 AM
so was my father. helicopters have enough support to keep them rigid in the air. once the hit ground, espically at a high rate of speed, the crumple like a can.

My dad is a chopper pilot. Being a helicopter guy's son, i'm sure you've heard of auto-rotation. when you're in a downward spiral like that, the rotor simply turning with the spinning helicopter helps to generate a little lift and slow your descent. It would've softened the landing a little bit, but as you can see the pilot and copilot died... but it's not like the helicopter just stopped in midair and fell straight down like a rock.

Maverick
01-28-2008, 09:35 AM
so was my father. helicopters have enough support to keep them rigid in the air. once the hit ground, espically at a high rate of speed, the crumple like a can.

ur daddys chopper was an old one made back in the day...maybe this cloverfield one was an extra new and improved one just for monster attacks! :goodjob:

BKgen®
01-28-2008, 09:40 AM
ur daddys chopper was an old one made back in the day...maybe this cloverfield one was an extra new and improved one just for monster attacks! :goodjob:

looked like a normal ol' huey to me lol

AnthonyF
01-28-2008, 05:55 PM

you do know the technology of the helicopters hasnt really increased....right? jackass.

ShooterMcGavin
01-28-2008, 05:56 PM
this movie really wasn't all that...

c_riley
01-28-2008, 09:03 PM
saw it today and thought it was pretty damn good.
it kinda gave me a headache though, the cameras shaking was too much to handle with a head cold.

Mchnhead2k5
01-30-2008, 11:50 AM
can't a RPG take down most choppers? so my theory would be a crash would definately kill most of them from 1000ft.

BKgen®
01-30-2008, 08:08 PM
can't a RPG take down most choppers? so my theory would be a crash would definately kill most of them from 1000ft.

An RPG is explosive, and yes... it will blow up a helicopter most of the time. But did i miss the part where an RPG shot out of the Cloverfield monster's mouth?

Mchnhead2k5
01-30-2008, 09:30 PM
just pointing out everyone's question on why didn't they die when they hit the ground from the copter crash from 1000ft. if a small RPG can drop a copter easily the crash would have easily killed it's passengers. the pilots died why didn't they. i think that made sense.