PDA

View Full Version : Just got a Civic 02, Dont no wut to do!

DonColombian
01-17-2008, 06:35 PM
:thinking: yo ppl, I just got a Civic EX 02 Coupe and iz all stock! i was just wondering wut should i do first other than a tint...

Bruce Leroy
01-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Been there done that. ummm bolt ons are pointless, Just make your car alot louder for basically no gains. Either turbo or k swap... Both are gonna cost alot and It will still be slow in the big picture. I would just leave the motor stock. A good spring shock combo like some H&R's and Konis and some decent rubber will make it alot more fun in the turns.

As far as apperance goes, get whatever you want... I think they look best slammed with an oem lip kit

heres mine before I ruined it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/2blu/Picture098Medium.jpg

thepolecat
01-17-2008, 07:19 PM
-get rid of it and its antiquated suspension. also, please, in your very first post try to at least spell all of it correctly.

welcome

bigdare23
01-17-2008, 07:26 PM
sell it

whatever210
01-17-2008, 08:02 PM
drive it off a cliff and get an accord

pureplayer
01-18-2008, 01:23 AM
X2 sell it and get a cb7

GaGen2Teg
01-18-2008, 01:26 AM
sell it

Civictyper95
01-18-2008, 10:03 AM
what kind of wheels are those???

Been there done that. ummm bolt ons are pointless, Just make your car alot louder for basically no gains. Either turbo or k swap... Both are gonna cost alot and It will still be slow in the big picture. I would just leave the motor stock. A good spring shock combo like some H&R's and Konis and some decent rubber will make it alot more fun in the turns.

As far as apperance goes, get whatever you want... I think they look best slammed with an oem lip kit

heres mine before I ruined it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/2blu/Picture098Medium.jpg

DieselNuts
01-18-2008, 10:05 AM
leave it on the southside of ATL with the windows down

Sammich
01-18-2008, 10:05 AM
wut et iz folk..git uh ceebeeseben en git rid uv dat vic

MongolPup
01-18-2008, 11:11 AM
IMHO, that is the worst generation of Civic in recent memory. It is unsightly and I have never seen a cleanly done one; most people ruin them, not just because they are dumb asses, but because there is really nothing to be done. That engine is a joke too, since to free up horsepower with breathing mods you have to have horsepower to free up.

If you swap it, you could be faster but you would still have an ugly car. I know a lot of times in threads like these people reply "sell it", but in this case you really need to. I'm not even going to say to get a certain make, model or drive train; feel free to buy another Civic if you like them. This is a dead end car if there ever was one, and you will waste your time and money and one day realize that it is still hideous and slow.

Bruce Leroy
01-18-2008, 12:34 PM
what kind of wheels are those???

17 in nippon f2. Got em off ebay.

IMHO, that is the worst generation of Civic in recent memory. It is unsightly and I have never seen a cleanly done one; most people ruin them, not just because they are dumb asses, but because there is really nothing to be done. That engine is a joke too, since to free up horsepower with breathing mods you have to have horsepower to free up.

If you swap it, you could be faster but you would still have an ugly car. I know a lot of times in threads like these people reply "sell it", but in this case you really need to. I'm not even going to say to get a certain make, model or drive train; feel free to buy another Civic if you like them. This is a dead end car if there ever was one, and you will waste your time and money and one day realize that it is still hideous and slow.

Umm...IMO.. They arent all ugly.. just the ones you see.

http://home.comcast.net/~c.vivar/civic01/06-03.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~c.vivar/civic01/06-11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/4acem2/4ace018edited3copy.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p1040d7a8ee6e70a31120ada5bd362487/fa809b29.jpg

and thats just the first two pages of the HT 7thgen pic thread. But you are entitled to your own opinion.

MongolPup
01-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Umm...IMO.. They arent all ugly.. just the ones you see.

and thats just the first two pages of the HT 7thgen pic thread. But you are entitled to your own opinion.

I really respect this post for a number of reasons: the first being that you don't jump instantly to "NO YOU'RE A RETARD THEY ARE AWESOME". The second part is that you realized why I would think that way; and you're right. I've never seen any car that even remotely resembles the ones you posted (not saying I like them, but they are properly done and clean).

Finally, you ended your post acknowledging what I started mine with: that is just my opinion, and you are certainly welcome to disagree with me just like I with you. Duly repped.

takume
01-19-2008, 01:44 PM
02 coupe has a nice body style. I would add the factory spoiler ( if u don't have it ), lower it and add a 6K hid .

Reaper-D
03-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Dont listin to the civic haters.do what ever you want to with it.

İhris
03-03-2008, 08:28 AM
:thinking: yo ppl, I just got a Civic EX 02 Coupe and iz all stock! i was just wondering wut should i do first other than a tint...

...Show car....

The D17 is the weakest motor honda built. Designed for fuel economy and getting grocerys. I would just turn it into a good looking ride unless u want to spend about $5000 to get 200hp.

N/A EK
03-08-2008, 06:35 PM
K series swap, dont waist your money on putting bolts on the d17. ^^^ Just like Chris said , weakest honda motor ever.

Reaper-D
03-09-2008, 04:23 AM
WOW no SOHC brains here. and you can git 200hp with $2000 in the D17A2. and the D15 is the weakest motor honda ever built sence 1987.Dont leave out the CCVC's very slow.trust me DON "PM me"and i'll show you where to look to git cheap power.90% of People on IA only use DOHC's cause they think bigger is better when their still driving a fourbanger.