PDA

View Full Version : need help fixing some dents

EJdm
01-17-2008, 05:33 PM
95 civic coupe has some minor dents that i need help bondo...i also need to cover up the holes that hold the side moldings..anyone has experience that is willing to spend some time helping me to get this done..lunch, beer, or quick cash...please pm me

khaxnguyen
01-17-2008, 08:29 PM
heh heh hrm i would love to chill with ya! but i'm not a genius, i only know so much. if my friend finds this thread and he decides to help ya, i might tag along lol.... or u can just ask how to do this and that.. lol

EJdm
01-17-2008, 11:25 PM
i did a little on the side moldings but it wasnt all that great...but ask your fren if he wants to help...i'll bring the stuff to his place so you guys wont have to drive...

khaxnguyen
01-18-2008, 10:26 AM
where are u located? i work all next week so iono... what did u do WRONG to the side moldings? lol are u talking about the molding on your door/ window/ around the window?

EJdm
01-18-2008, 06:55 PM
i stay in borrow county...the moldings on the side of the car...try to cover the wholes but just made a mess

DrewS2K
01-19-2008, 01:52 AM
if the holes are like mine, its best to weld them up first, then do body work... take some metal and weld it to the inside of the door skin, then bondo over that

korilee13
01-19-2008, 02:03 AM
x2
find me a mig welder, and a DA sander with some sandpaper and i can do it for you the right way. i went through that much auto body class to do that. shaved my honda symbol hole and my trunk and its a pretty fire job
PS-you put bondo in those holes and theyre gonna come out down the road

DrewS2K
01-19-2008, 02:10 AM
yea, but be sure to spray paint the metal inside the door when you weld it, because if you dont that will also fall out from rust

korilee13
01-19-2008, 03:38 AM
yea i know all that ish lol thanks for the reminder though (i doubt he'll be able to find someone who'll let me use said things) but either way the offer is still good

AnthonyF
01-19-2008, 06:58 AM
make it easy on yourself, go to a body shop.

korilee13
01-19-2008, 05:16 PM
lol i know what i'm doing man

DrewS2K
01-20-2008, 12:42 AM
bc some stuff is better done by you bc body shops overcharge for custom stuff

korilee13
01-20-2008, 12:53 AM
bc some stuff is better done by you bc body shops overcharge for custom stuff

word it takes all of 15 minutes MAX to weld up one of those tiny holes he's referring to. after that all you do is grind the xtra, fill it in with filler and make it look like there never was ahole, a shop would prolly charge 2-3 benjamins for that b/s work

DrewS2K
01-20-2008, 12:58 AM
at least that just to paint

DrewS2K
01-20-2008, 12:59 AM
lucky for me i have all the necessary tools to do all my own work at the house

EJdm
01-20-2008, 04:00 PM
hey kori how about my small dents can you help him with that??? i have the bondo and sand paper...

hey bagged accord if i come to your plave would you help me get some work done???

Grimm Reeper
01-20-2008, 04:36 PM
yo EJdm, I'm sorry that I'm not able to be much help at the current moment, but I'll soon purchase my own set of PDR tools and I'll be more help in the near future. :goodjob:

DrewS2K
01-20-2008, 04:53 PM
hey kori how about my small dents can you help him with that??? i have the bondo and sand paper...

hey bagged accord if i come to your plave would you help me get some work done???

help you do it or me do it lol... depends on time and date

EJdm
01-20-2008, 05:15 PM
yo EJdm, I'm sorry that I'm not able to be much help at the current moment, but I'll soon purchase my own set of PDR tools and I'll be more help in the near future. :goodjob:

dont worry about it i will need you to help pull some bigger dents for my ek in the near future...

EJdm
01-20-2008, 05:18 PM
help you do it or me do it lol... depends on time and date

well i kinda want to learn so if you have the time you can teach me and yes help me of course...i'll buy you lunch or something i dont really mind...and anytime your free im fine with it...just pm me ahead of time when you have free time and i'll get some days off from work...

DrewS2K
01-20-2008, 05:31 PM
well where are you located?

korilee13
01-20-2008, 09:14 PM
bagged accord, i'll help ya'll with it since i know mostly how to do that ish. and ejdm i'm talking bout sand paper for the DA unless you just wanna rub your finger tips off. and as far as the small dents, we'll have to see just how small we're talkin bout

rickgiblin
01-20-2008, 10:03 PM
dude, just fyi... its not always good to sand everything with a da, da's leave divits and sanding rings wherefor there becomes indentions in the paint job, da's are good for taking down bondo but the best way to get it strait is to block sand it. dude, if you need help, give me a pm. i just got done completly shaving the side moldings off of my civic. id be more than happy to take a look at it if you would like. o... and yes, i do have body experience in a PRO shop if anyone was wondering... 2years college edu, and 2 1/2 years in a shop

AnTi-PooN
01-20-2008, 10:27 PM
^^^^^ don't listen to him he's retarted

lol j/k and i didn't get a chance to go check out that bike either... weather sukked

korilee13
01-21-2008, 12:54 AM
dude, just fyi... its not always good to sand everything with a da, da's leave divits and sanding rings wherefor there becomes indentions in the paint job, da's are good for taking down bondo but the best way to get it strait is to block sand it. dude, if you need help, give me a pm. i just got done completly shaving the side moldings off of my civic. id be more than happy to take a look at it if you would like. o... and yes, i do have body experience in a PRO shop if anyone was wondering... 2years college edu, and 2 1/2 years in a shop
i know, but a block can be made pretty easy, with bout anything straight and flat, you can't exactly make a da. i've worked in shops before, but not as long as you. but yea i know bout all that

EJdm
01-21-2008, 09:14 AM
thanks for the reply and helps rep for everyone...

DrewS2K
01-21-2008, 10:29 PM
bagged accord, i'll help ya'll with it since i know mostly how to do that ish. and ejdm i'm talking bout sand paper for the DA unless you just wanna rub your finger tips off. and as far as the small dents, we'll have to see just how small we're talkin bout

i was offering help, not in need of it lol... thanks anyways

korilee13
01-22-2008, 02:33 AM
i was offering help, not in need of it lol... thanks anyways

damn, alright homes do it on your own:goodjob:

DrewS2K
01-22-2008, 10:02 AM
damn, alright homes do it on your own:goodjob:

already have, for a while now