PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable cruelty

Jaimecbr900
01-17-2008, 08:33 AM
The Human race never seizes to amaze me by just how cruel and thoughtless they truly are sometimes.

I was just reading a story about "Baby Grace". She was that little 2 yr old that washed up on a Texas shoreline in a plastic container. For months, Law Enforcement tried to identify the little girl. Somehow the composite pics made their way literally around the world after it grabbed media attention. In Ohio, a grandmother recognized the drawing and called police. Turns out, it was HER granddaughter.

Read the news story that follows and someone....anyone....please explain to me how anyone could EVER have this much malice in their heart to do what they did to this little 2 yr old girl. :no: :cry:

__________________________________________________ _________________

Balloons Released for Baby Grace

Published: 1/17/08, 8:35 AM EDT
By M.R. KROPKO

MENTOR, Ohio (AP) - Pink balloons were released into the wintry sky after Wednesday's funeral for a 2-year-old girl suspected of being beaten to death by her mother and stepfather and thrown into Galveston Bay in Texas.

Some of the balloons had cards attached with Riley Ann Sawyers' picture and an address where the finder could return it to her family in northeast Ohio. The balloon release coincided with similar releases around the world in memory of the toddler, who had been nicknamed Baby Grace until authorities determined her identity.

"People all over the world adored this child. She was loved and cherished by everyone," Riley's great-uncle, Mike Nebelski, said in a eulogy.

"Let's not forget Riley. Let's not forget all the other kids out there who are missing," he said.

Riley's body was found stuffed in a plastic container that washed ashore and was found by fishermen in October. Authorities spent weeks searching for her identity and family, drawing international attention.

The girl's mother, Kimberly Dawn Trenor, 19, and her husband, Royce Clyde Zeigler II, 24, both of Spring, Texas, are charged with capital murder and evidence tampering.

Trenor and Zeigler are accused of torturing Riley in July, beating the girl with leather belts, holding her head underwater in a bathtub and throwing her across a room.

Trenor told police the assault was a discipline session that went awry after the toddler didn't remember to say "please," and "yes, sir" to her stepfather. Zeigler's attorney has denied that account.

Trenor moved with her daughter from Mentor to Texas in June to be with Zeigler, whom she met online.

Among those present at the church service were Riley Ann's father, Robert Sawyers, and her paternal grandmother Sheryl Sawyers, who had suspected her granddaughter was Baby Grace and contacted Texas authorities last fall.

A Web site established last year to help authorities identify Baby Grace also helped Sheryl Sawyers coordinate the international balloon release.

The site Wednesday contained comments from people who said pink or white balloons for Riley Ann were sent into the sky.

One posting, signed Susan al Bassam, said 50 balloons were launched from Kuwait.

She wrote: "Kuwait was unusually cold today, with strong winds. My children and I said a final prayer as we released the balloons into the night sky of Kuwait."

Another posting without a location said, "I organized a balloon release at my job today. We were all just now able to release them. We released 17 pink balloons. We all stood there and watched them until we couldn't see them anymore."

"God has given Riley to us to lead us. A child leads us today with greater respect for all children," said the Rev. Tom Johns, who led the service at St. Bede the Venerable Roman Catholic Church.

After the service and balloon release, the funeral procession left for Mentor Cemetery for burial of the 36-inch coffin. Inside was an urn with the girl's ashes and various other items, including a dress and a stuffed animal toy.

The child's remains had been cremated according to the family's wishes.

santacruz77
01-17-2008, 08:38 AM
wow

quickdodge®
01-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Is this the same little girl that has been found with 3 other babies thrown into the water in TX? Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
01-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Is this the same little girl that has been found with 3 other babies thrown into the water in TX? Later, QD.

No, that was in Alabama where that Oriental guy went crazy after having a fight with his ex. He deserves the 10 yr slow electric chair too.

quickdodge®
01-17-2008, 08:41 AM
No, that was in Alabama where that Oriental guy went crazy after having a fight with his ex. He deserves the 10 yr slow electric chair too.

Ahhh. That's right. Later, QD.

iRyuk
01-17-2008, 08:42 AM
How tragic.

There are some sick people out there.

I'm not an angel myself but I know I don't have the balls to do ANYTHING close to this.

GIXXERDK
01-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks for ruining my day

Brett
01-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Nothing anymore seems to amaze me, Especially after the video of the be headings in IRAQ, to me when a human being can look into the eyes of another human being and kill someone especially that way with that much turture, Nothing anymore amazes me.

Sammich
01-17-2008, 08:44 AM
thats ridiculous man..if you don't want to have kids remain celibate/abstinent

AnthonyF
01-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Why do people do this? There really isnt an answer for it. Why cant they look in themselves and realize they cant handle a child?

Jaimecbr900
01-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks for ruining my day

I was actually hoping that we could all learn to appreciate the little ones we do have a little more.

I just can't understand how someone could get that mad at a 2 yr old. A 2 YR OLD!!!! Seriously. This guy only knew that little girl for a MONTH, and he was already demanding things from her. Her mother needs to go to jail just as bad as he does for allowing anyone to put their hands on her daughter. She met the guy on the internet and married him. 19 yrs old too?? I just don't understand how 2 people could just torture a little girl like that. I just can't wrap my head around that. Kinda like child molestation or animal cruelty. I just can't get my big fat head around it. :screwy:

Hulud
01-17-2008, 08:55 AM
The Human race never seizes to amaze me by just how cruel and thoughtless they truly are sometimes.
i gotta call you out on this LOL

ceases is the correct word

seize –verb (used with object)
1. to take hold of suddenly or forcibly; grasp: to seize a weapon.
2. to grasp mentally; understand clearly and completely: to seize an idea.
3. to take possession of by force or at will: to seize enemy ships.
4. to take possession or control of as if by suddenly laying hold: Panic seized the crowd.
5. to take possession of by legal authority; confiscate: to seize smuggled goods.
6. Also, seise. Law. to put (someone) in seizin or legal possession of property (usually used in passive constructions): She was seized of vast estates.
7. to capture; take into custody.
8. to take advantage of promptly: to seize an opportunity.
9. Nautical. to bind or fasten together with a seizing.
–verb (used without object) 10. to grab or take hold suddenly or forcibly (usually fol. by on or upon): to seize on a rope.
11. to resort to a method, plan, etc., in desperation (usually fol. by on or upon): He must seize on a solution, however risky.
12. to have moving parts bind and stop moving as a result of excessive pressure, temperature, or friction (usually fol. by up): The engine seized up from cold.

cease –verb (used without object)
1. to stop; discontinue: Not all medieval beliefs have ceased to exist.
2. to come to an end: At last the war has ceased.
3. Obsolete. to pass away; die out.
–verb (used with object) 4. to put a stop or end to; discontinue: He begged them to cease their quarreling.
–noun 5. cessation: The noise of the drilling went on for hours without cease.

Sammich
01-17-2008, 08:55 AM
my wife babysits for this girl...and all she does around this baby (the mother that is) is get high..i'm thinking in the back of my mind is this is ridiculous how you dont care about the welfare of your child enough to keep yourself straight..freaking stupid

Jaimecbr900
01-17-2008, 08:58 AM
i gotta call you on on this LOL

ceases is the correct word

seize –verb (used with object) 1. to take hold of suddenly or forcibly; grasp: to seize a weapon.
2. to grasp mentally; understand clearly and completely: to seize an idea.
3. to take possession of by force or at will: to seize enemy ships.
4. to take possession or control of as if by suddenly laying hold: Panic seized the crowd.
5. to take possession of by legal authority; confiscate: to seize smuggled goods.
6. Also, seise. Law. to put (someone) in seizin or legal possession of property (usually used in passive constructions): She was seized of vast estates.
7. to capture; take into custody.
8. to take advantage of promptly: to seize an opportunity.
9. Nautical. to bind or fasten together with a seizing.
–verb (used without object) 10. to grab or take hold suddenly or forcibly (usually fol. by on or upon): to seize on a rope.
11. to resort to a method, plan, etc., in desperation (usually fol. by on or upon): He must seize on a solution, however risky.
12. to have moving parts bind and stop moving as a result of excessive pressure, temperature, or friction (usually fol. by up): The engine seized up from cold.

cease –verb (used without object) 1. to stop; discontinue: Not all medieval beliefs have ceased to exist.
2. to come to an end: At last the war has ceased.
3. Obsolete. to pass away; die out.
–verb (used with object) 4. to put a stop or end to; discontinue: He begged them to cease their quarreling.
–noun 5. cessation: The noise of the drilling went on for hours without cease.

:doh: :tongue1:

Hulud
01-17-2008, 09:00 AM
lol

Leisa
01-17-2008, 09:08 AM

I was just reading a story about "Baby Grace". She was that little 2 yr old that washed up on a Texas shoreline in a plastic container. For months, Law Enforcement tried to identify the little girl. Somehow the composite pics made their way literally around the world after it grabbed media attention. In Ohio, a grandmother recognized the drawing and called police. Turns out, it was HER granddaughter.

Read the news story that follows and someone....anyone....please explain to me how anyone could EVER have this much malice in their heart to do what they did to this little 2 yr old girl. :no: :cry:

__________________________________________________ _________________

Balloons Released for Baby Grace

Published: 1/17/08, 8:35 AM EDT
By M.R. KROPKO

MENTOR, Ohio (AP) - Pink balloons were released into the wintry sky after Wednesday's funeral for a 2-year-old girl suspected of being beaten to death by her mother and stepfather and thrown into Galveston Bay in Texas.

Some of the balloons had cards attached with Riley Ann Sawyers' picture and an address where the finder could return it to her family in northeast Ohio. The balloon release coincided with similar releases around the world in memory of the toddler, who had been nicknamed Baby Grace until authorities determined her identity.

"People all over the world adored this child. She was loved and cherished by everyone," Riley's great-uncle, Mike Nebelski, said in a eulogy.

"Let's not forget Riley. Let's not forget all the other kids out there who are missing," he said.

Riley's body was found stuffed in a plastic container that washed ashore and was found by fishermen in October. Authorities spent weeks searching for her identity and family, drawing international attention.

The girl's mother, Kimberly Dawn Trenor, 19, and her husband, Royce Clyde Zeigler II, 24, both of Spring, Texas, are charged with capital murder and evidence tampering.

Trenor and Zeigler are accused of torturing Riley in July, beating the girl with leather belts, holding her head underwater in a bathtub and throwing her across a room.

Trenor told police the assault was a discipline session that went awry after the toddler didn't remember to say "please," and "yes, sir" to her stepfather. Zeigler's attorney has denied that account.

Trenor moved with her daughter from Mentor to Texas in June to be with Zeigler, whom she met online.

Among those present at the church service were Riley Ann's father, Robert Sawyers, and her paternal grandmother Sheryl Sawyers, who had suspected her granddaughter was Baby Grace and contacted Texas authorities last fall.

A Web site established last year to help authorities identify Baby Grace also helped Sheryl Sawyers coordinate the international balloon release.

The site Wednesday contained comments from people who said pink or white balloons for Riley Ann were sent into the sky.

One posting, signed Susan al Bassam, said 50 balloons were launched from Kuwait.

She wrote: "Kuwait was unusually cold today, with strong winds. My children and I said a final prayer as we released the balloons into the night sky of Kuwait."

Another posting without a location said, "I organized a balloon release at my job today. We were all just now able to release them. We released 17 pink balloons. We all stood there and watched them until we couldn't see them anymore."

"God has given Riley to us to lead us. A child leads us today with greater respect for all children," said the Rev. Tom Johns, who led the service at St. Bede the Venerable Roman Catholic Church.

After the service and balloon release, the funeral procession left for Mentor Cemetery for burial of the 36-inch coffin. Inside was an urn with the girl's ashes and various other items, including a dress and a stuffed animal toy.

The child's remains had been cremated according to the family's wishes.

oh yeah, reading about this was unbeleivably hard... I cant beleive a parent could do such a thing... its so sad :(

Maniac1
01-17-2008, 09:08 AM
They both must have been on drugs... Not even I would so something that fucked up.

quickdodge®
01-17-2008, 09:09 AM
my wife babysits for this girl...and all she does around this baby (the mother that is) is get high..i'm thinking in the back of my mind is this is ridiculous how you dont care about the welfare of your child enough to keep yourself straight..freaking stupid

I'd report the biatch. I don't give a damn. That child is more important than that. Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
01-17-2008, 09:09 AM
lol

Ima catch u slippin' suun enuff......;) :D

Sammich
01-17-2008, 09:11 AM
They both must have been on drugs... Not even I would so something that fucked up.

:rolleyes:

I'd report the biatch. I don't give a damn. That child is more important than that. Later, QD.

i will say i agree, but my actions don't show that i agree..almost goes back the stupid thread that miss piggy aka tiffany aka <34integras made of whether i should poke my nose in their business..but i can't find it in myself to do it. parents should be parents..no matter if they are 12 or 112

Vayda
01-17-2008, 09:12 AM
The fate of mom kinda worries me next. I know she was wrong in allowing anyone to hurt her child, but maybe she didn't have a choice? I mean if it were me or my kid, i'd throw myself in front of the bullet any day, but some people would save themselves. Have there been any reports of how he's been treating mom? Does she have to "yes sir" her husband too?

quickdodge®
01-17-2008, 09:15 AM
i will say i agree, but my actions don't show that i agree..almost goes back the stupid thread that miss piggy aka tiffany aka <34integras made of whether i should poke my nose in their business..but i can't find it in myself to do it. parents should be parents..no matter if they are 12 or 112

But "parents" shouldn't be parents when they're putting harm in their own child's way. Sitting around getting high with children around isn't being a parent. Fucc what anyone else thinks. If someone were to call you an idiot for having a child removed from the home of a drug user, then that someone has issues of their own and hopefully they won't reproduce. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
01-17-2008, 09:16 AM
The fate of mom kinda worries me next. I know she was wrong in allowing anyone to hurt her child, but maybe she didn't have a choice? I mean if it were me or my kid, i'd throw myself in front of the bullet any day, but some people would save themselves. Have there been any reports of how he's been treating mom? Does she have to "yes sir" her husband too?

Fucc that. Let that biatch slow roast on the spit along with the dummy. Later, QD.

Sammich
01-17-2008, 09:18 AM
But "parents" shouldn't be parents when they're putting harm in their own child's way. Sitting around getting high with children around isn't being a parent. Fucc what anyone else thinks. If someone were to call you an idiot for having a child removed from the home of a drug user, then that someone has issues of their own and hopefully they won't reproduce. Later, QD.

yo comprende

Hulud
01-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Ima catch u slippin' suun enuff......;) :D
oh, i know

lol

Jaimecbr900
01-17-2008, 09:21 AM

I agree. If you don't report someone you KNOW is abusing a child, you're enabling it to happen.

quickdodge®
01-17-2008, 09:22 AM
I agree. If you don't report someone you KNOW is abusing a child, you're enabling it to happen.

And isn't that grounds for legal action towards you? Later, QD.

Kevykev
01-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Man oh man!

Jimmy B
01-17-2008, 09:38 AM
kids having kids,.. theres the first problem!

and a 2 year old? i mena, you can get frustrated, but angry at a 2 year old? i get frustrated with my lil boy, but then i take a deep breath and its all good..

i couldnt IMAGINE letting anything happen to my son,.. i would literley kill for his well being if somethign could happen to him..

i jsut dont understand.. i know jamie, QD, brett, yall know what im talkin about..

Jimmy B
01-17-2008, 09:39 AM
:rolleyes:

tell IA the names,, im SURE someone wil call in! lol

Jaimecbr900
01-17-2008, 09:55 AM
i jsut dont understand.. i know jamie, QD, brett, yall know what im talkin about..

That's why I highlighted the little girl's age. At 2 yrs old, you are still in that "honeymoon" phase where your child does no wrong and even their farts are cute. Trust me, I have a 14 yr old daughter and an 18 yr old God-daughter that sometimes push me pretty close to the edge.....only to turn around the next minute and do something incredibly nice and sweet that I'm putty in their hands all over again.

Little girls have a special place in their father's heart only they can fit into. Boys are your "mini-me's", but girls know how to tug at your heart strings. I just can't understand how some people could hurt any child, let alone a little 2 yr old girl. It's crazy. :screwy:

Jaimecbr900
01-17-2008, 09:56 AM
tell IA the names,, im SURE someone wil call in! lol

Hell yeah I would in a NY minute. Give me the name and I'll call it in. I know some of the Judges for Juvenile Court personally. If they have nothing to hide, they have nothing to worry. ;)

Jimmy B
01-17-2008, 10:01 AM
yep, my cousin used to work for (somewhere) that handles neglected and abused kids.. and i will see her this weekend!

quickdodge®
01-17-2008, 10:13 AM
And isn't that grounds for legal action towards you? Later, QD.

Jaime? Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
01-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Jaime? Later, QD.

No, I don't think you are LEGALLY required to report SUSPECTED child abuse/neglect as a private citizen. I know school and medical officials are, but I'm not 100% on John Q. Public.

Morally is a whole other subject.

Personally, I think that if you feel in your gut that something is wrong.....majority of the time it is. When it comes to children, I personally adopt the same rules that I adopt if someone kicks down my door at 2 a.m......shoot first, ask questions later. I'd rather have a parent upset at me for reporting something that I felt was neglectful than have to live with the guilt if that child got hurt or worse. That's just me though. Some people choose not to get involved when they see an accident.....I stop my car and try to help. Same idea here. You can either sit by and let abuse go on, or you can choose to do something about it. It's a choice only YOU have to live with. If YOU are happy with your choice, then that's all that matters.

Just a little FYI: I know from EXPERIENCE in working with the Gwinnett County Juvenile court system for the last 2 yrs that children get taken away and kept away from parents for a ton of reasons. Drug abuse is certainly one of them. Some parents make remarkable recoveries and work hard to get their children back, while others let the drugs lead them away. I do KNOW one thing though; the act of getting their children taken away from them is sometimes the motivating factor they NEED to get their life back on track. I just saw a case this month where 6 months ago I was convinced we were going to have to take her children away permanently, but she made a total transformation for the better. I was so glad to see that and it also showed me that sometimes things can indeed get fixed IF the person wants it bad enough.

Ran
01-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Sh*t like this doesn't even faze me anymore. It's becoming a common event and that's pretty sad.

Alan®
01-17-2008, 01:53 PM
wow thats really ****ed up. the stepfather deserves the chair or the needle whichever they use in that area. and the mother deserves to rot in jail for the rest of her natural life.

COGCaviZ24
01-17-2008, 02:30 PM
that's just nuts. a slow agonizing death to them both. where is the father in all this????

i couldn't even imagine any kind of harm happening to my son. i hurt when i leave in the morning and he cries at the site of me leaving, or when he trips and falls, etc. i'd KILL someone before let something like happen to my son.

osiriskidd
01-17-2008, 04:39 PM
thats so ****ed up

isa2o3
01-17-2008, 04:48 PM
:( :( man that sucks