01-17-2008, 07:24 AM
Mods:
Coated Kooks 1 7/8's SS headers
Catless Kooks X-pipe
B&B Rt. 66 Catback
Vararam Intake
160 thermostat
MTI Racing Tune

TM was deleted when they tuned the car and has made an incredible difference in throttle response and power delivery. No more pausing between shifts/reduced power when the car spins. The car feels WAYYYY faster than stock. Hoping to go 11's and into the 120's MPH wise with the new power and lack of TM. Here is a link to the dyno graph.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7494495

DieselNuts
01-17-2008, 07:55 AM
wow, those are some nice gains from breathing mods and a tune. congrats.

iRyuk
01-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Very impressive gains with just a couple bolt on's and a tune.

Grats!

ATK_Designs
01-17-2008, 08:16 AM
wow impressive. you have the C6 right (LS2)?

What's the piping size of the exhaust?

Edit: NVM, you have an LS3.....I'm jealous. :cry:

1.8t
01-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Yea, its an LS3. Piping size is 2.5" for the exhaust and 1 7/8" for the header runners

Z U L8R
01-17-2008, 08:56 AM
might be able to get 11's with a good 60'
gj man, nice numbers
Dave =]

AnthonyF
01-17-2008, 09:20 AM
417...not bad...I might have to see you in the killsforum when I am back running. :goodjob:

also, i think u need a name change....02¢

1.8t
01-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Haha, I have kept the name ever since the VW days, I never really cared to change it. The guys on the Vette forum get a kick out of it too. BTW Mods, sorry about the wrong forum, still learning my way around this site.

AnthonyF
01-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Haha, I have kept the name ever since the VW days, I never really cared to change it. The guys on the Vette forum get a kick out of it too. .
if u go down to the requests/suggestions section they can change your name for ya.

BTW Mods, sorry about the wrong forum, still learning my way around this site.
no biggie. its what we are here for.

1.8t
01-17-2008, 09:38 AM
might be able to get 11's with a good 60'
gj man, nice numbers
Dave =]

Agreed, but I also think my stock numbers aren't really a reflection(other than the mods of course) of the car in its current state. My car was severly hindered when stock by TM, hence why my ET and MPH were so ****ty for my completely bone stock runs. Everyone on the Corvette forums says that JUST deleting TM, not even touching the tune at all, is good for another .2sec and a couple mph. Having run with TM and feeling how intrusive it is, I can say that that is definitely feasible. So, while my power numbers suggest that with a great run, 11's are attainable, hopefully the fact that TM is now gone will allow a more average run to be 11sec material. With no TM and 400whp, many other LS3 C6's have gone 12.0/11.9's @ 119'ish. I am hoping the extra power will make it that much easier, but traction could be a problem as I can't hook in first gear to save my life.

Leadfoot_mf
01-17-2008, 10:50 AM
what is TM?

GirlieZ
01-17-2008, 11:06 AM
nice, collins gto with the same mods put down more :) he is tuned by red star, mti is a good shop from what i hear :goodjob:

1.8t
01-17-2008, 11:56 AM
I think you must be mistaken, or you think I am more modded than I am. An LS2 anything has never even gotten close to 417whp with just headers, an intake, an exhaust, and a tune on pump gas. Either his dyno was "adjusted" or he is more modded. Everything about the LS2 is better on the LS3 :cheers:

TM = Torque Management. Car pulls ign. timing/closes the throttle plate by a certain percentage when the car spins the tires or you bang a hard shift.

Edit: For reference sake, most LS2's that have my current level of modification make the power in my sig, which I made bone stock.

redrumracer
01-17-2008, 12:21 PM
congrats and you need to change your sig also

ATK_Designs
01-17-2008, 12:42 PM
I think you must be mistaken, or you think I am more modded than I am. An LS2 anything has never even gotten close to 417whp with just headers, an intake, an exhaust, and a tune on pump gas. Either his dyno was "adjusted" or he is more modded. Everything about the LS2 is better on the LS3 :cheers:

TM = Torque Management. Car pulls ign. timing/closes the throttle plate by a certain percentage when the car spins the tires or you bang a hard shift.

yea, LS2 with I/H/E + Tune can't get to that power, period. That's why I dig the new LS3 so much. They took what they learned from the LS2 and improved further.

LS2 with bolths on + L92 Head + cam may make that power or more. But still I heart the LS3 :goodjob:

I hope the LS3 will become familiar and will be a great market for it. Right now, can't get an LS3 used, have to buy it new from GM.

1.8t
01-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Don't worry, they are going to be throwing variations of the LS3 in all kinds of cars. It already comes as an optional motor in the Escalade. They are using a ramped up version of it in the ZR1. Plan on both the Camaro and the new CTS-V recieving versions of it. They did a lot of R&D on this motor as it is to become the bench mark for a LOT of GM's V8 powered vehicles. I have had Jap/European cars before this one and NEVER understood the whole LS series....ever. Now I am rambling on about it like I have been at it for years. I can feel the mullet gowing now lol

GirlieZ
01-17-2008, 01:11 PM
well off your numbers in your sig he is....i know a lil bit about lsX, not alot, but enough. the next two mods will put him well into the 400s :) but congrats none the less

GirlieZ
01-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Don't worry, they are going to be throwing variations of the LS3 in all kinds of cars. It already comes as an optional motor in the Escalade. They are using a ramped up version of it in the ZR1. Plan on both the Camaro and the new CTS-V recieving versions of it.

the 'ramped up' version is the ls9. it is supercharged and from my reading they did this since the ls7 could not hold boost from thin cylinder walls. they are going to put a 'detuned' version of the ls9 in the cts-v but its touting a different engine code. however the ls2 does hold boost very well, it isnt a slouch.

atk: my buddy has the l92 heads on his ls2 and that car makes some power. i think a lil v6 mustang was talking **** to him for making noise but that noise is on purpose. we are taking a different path on collins ls2, should be done whenever redstar gets the parts back in house :ninja:

1.8t
01-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Click the link in my first post, the numbers in my sig are what I made stock. I am doing a tad better now.

I am well aware it is called an LS9(its an LS3 block) with an Eaton 4 lob blower thrusting efficiency at or above 70%. It also has titanium rods, a forged crank, forged pistons, oil squirters, a modified version of the Z06 dry sump(supposed to be better). Sodium filled intake valves and hollow stem'ed exhaust valves round out the head. A 9 bolt flywheel and a twin plate clutch along with a TR6060 transimission with specific gear ratios and supposedly a strengthed Ring and Pinion(shot peened, etc) and different diameter half shafts supposedly because 1 see's more tq the other and this will save weight and hopefully reduce wheel hop. I will shut up now, I know we have all read the mag's.

GirlieZ
01-17-2008, 01:42 PM
easy killer.........

the mustang boys didnt know the diffrence, they get lost with all the displacement :)

and i am at ga state studying and they dont let me get all the links sometimes

1.8t
01-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Oh sorry, wasn't trying to come off like that. I just didn't want to appear like I was clueless about these platforms. I have kinda submersed myself in this LS BS for the past 6 months or so.

GirlieZ
01-17-2008, 01:58 PM
its cool, you know we gotta make friendly pokes at the mustangs.

the ls2/3 is becoming to chevy what the vq is to nissan, in everything. but the ls in the vette is always going to be the best one outa the bunch performance wise.

AnthonyF
01-17-2008, 05:45 PM
easy killer.........

the mustang boys didnt know the diffrence, they get lost with all the displacement :)

and i am at ga state studying and they dont let me get all the links sometimes
what? ur an idiot to make such a stupid comment.

its cool, you know we gotta make friendly pokes at the mustangs.

what is ur obsession on calling out mustangs? ur piece of sh*t VQ doesnt make near as much power as my pos V6 mustang lol. and your quad cam.

GirlieZ
01-17-2008, 06:04 PM
***note numbers in sig may be lower then actual numbers***

umm ant, the ford v8 has a displacement of 4.6 L and makes as much power as the vq. never said my vq was fast but ive pulled a few cars on low 13 sec cars. the displacement thing is a joke on the goat boards. ie 'mustangs taste like chicken'. you know common jabs like that. dont get bent outa shape. the lsX guys dont need a blower to run low 13's. :)

AnthonyF
01-17-2008, 06:10 PM
deleted

AnthonyF
01-17-2008, 06:45 PM
:offtopic: posts...deleting.

GirlieZ
01-17-2008, 06:46 PM
mod abuse? what? this is on topic....

since lsX>mustang

collins
01-17-2008, 06:50 PM
1.8t, nice numbers man! cant wait to see it out in person!

AnthonyF
01-17-2008, 06:50 PM
^mod abuse? this is his thread and if i want to start sh*t wit some1 im not going to do it in some1 else's thread.

GirlieZ
01-17-2008, 06:53 PM
no one called you out personally ant....you took it personally....

you dont own a lsX, you wouldnt understand, but 1.8t (if he reads the vette boards) would

antiv6
01-17-2008, 07:50 PM
damn, theres major thread stealing going on here, this isn't the whores lounge.

Those are some good numbers, the ls3's are very impressive from what i've seen so far, what do the ls3's make with a cam

1.8t
01-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Depending on cam...upper mid 400's to low 500's.

Nemesis
01-17-2008, 09:52 PM
ive pulled a few cars on low 13 sec cars.

Your Z runs 12s?

ATK_Designs
01-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Your Z runs 12s?

I think she was refering pulling on car, rated at low 13s. It's the driver game I guess.

AnthonyF
01-18-2008, 06:20 AM
Your Z runs 12s?
she thinks 1/4 mile cars and hwy cars are the same.

I think she was refering pulling on car, rated at low 13s. It's the driver game I guess.

so cars are super fast on the hwy b/c they can achieve a greater speed than the other car. I dont like doing hwy b/c my car is a brick and my gears are real long and I only have 5. She can beat 13sec cars on the hwy, but if taken to a 1/4 mile strip or a dig race...she'll get waxed (not just speaking about her but other vehicles like it).

ATK_Designs
01-18-2008, 08:26 AM

so cars are super fast on the hwy b/c they can achieve a greater speed than the other car. I dont like doing hwy b/c my car is a brick and my gears are real long and I only have 5. She can beat 13sec cars on the hwy, but if taken to a 1/4 mile strip or a dig race...she'll get waxed (not just speaking about her but other vehicles like it).

long gears FTL....but I love the new LS3. :tongue1:

Back to the topic. LS3 looks very promising. I can't wait to see what new plans they'll have for it. :bannana:

I never was a USDM fan, but until now, I've been doing lots of research on LS motors and I find them intriguing. :bump:

collins
01-18-2008, 09:09 AM
no, no she really doesnt...

I dont like doing hwy b/c my car is a brick and my gears are real long and I only have 5. shiiii, i LIKE my long gears.... the fewer shifts i have to make, the less of a chance i have of missing a gear :lmfao:

besides, i've got enough power for it to not be a slouch with the factory 346's

collins
01-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Your Z runs 12s? we dont know yet. hopefully i can find some nice DR's and get it down to reynolds this season and find out :goodjob:

1.8t
01-18-2008, 11:02 AM
BTW guys, I redyno'ed at Marietta Dyno Lab to compare my baseline graph to my new one. I made 416whp and 418whp on that dyno. There was an 04 CTS-V there with a magnaflow exhaust as his only mod. His best run was 350whp and 348wtq. That sound about right? Most of the 04 stock C5Z's I have seen on CF are putting down high 350's/low 360's stock. This is the exact same motor with a catback, so it seemed low to me. Would kinda make sense since I am about 10whp shy of what most people with my setup make.

collins
01-18-2008, 05:43 PM
its possible that the drivetrain is different... i'm not sure about the caddies tho...