PDA

View Full Version : Southern Fried Slide 4! Oct. 1st@Turner Field Atlanta, GA.

quazar
08-04-2005, 12:52 AM
http://www.bmwdrift.com/images/conesig.jpg
Okay... Atlanta just can't get enough of that sideways suicide action!
We've had three great events and the last one was a SCORCHER! (in more ways than one!)
Last event we reconfigured the track for much higher entry speeds because some folks were sayin' our old layout was too slow.. so we switched it up and tried to see if they can put their money with their mouths were.
AND YOU KNOW WHAT?
People brought it on like donkey kong. Hell Yes.
There was alot of learnin' and alot of spinnin'.... So now that you guys have had a taste of the highspeed.. what are we to do?
Get back up and try it again...

DGtrials is proud to present their fourth production at Turner Field... The Season Finale to the 2005 Southern Fried Slide Series!!!

Q: Why October 1st, Eugene?
A:Two reasons:
1. Because September 10th is the day before SEDA's 9/11 event and I don't want to make people choose which event they have to go to because of funds. This way everyone can get as much driving in as possible!
2. It was really hot for both participants, volunteers, cars, and tires last time. It's important that cars are running well and tires remain semi-consistant so that you can learn as much as you can without having to compensate for your car.

Q: I heard that there was going to be a Mini-Competition at this event.
A:Well.. you heard right! Yes, there will be a mini-competition during the late afternoon. I'd like to try to shoot for everyone to get between 12-16 runs before the start of the competition. The course layout will be similar to the one of our last event. In the last half of the afternoon... all drivers will make one practice run and two judged runs. On your two judged runs you will be judged on speed, entry, angle, and overall showmanship. The scores for both runs will be tallied and calculated into your final score. Once everyone has driven the judges will tally up the total scores and those three with the highest score shall be the WINNARS. Trophies and DG-stuffs and goodies will be given to the 3 Top Contenders.

Date: Saturday, October 1st, 2005
Place: Turner Field – Blue Lot; Atlanta, Ga.
Time: Gates Open 7:00AM - ???
Registration/Tech: 7:00AM-8:30AM
Driver's Meeting: 8:45AM
Drifting: Meeting's end until ???

Let me state this very clearly.. If you're late for tech, you won't drive. Please let me know at the lastest the night before the event if you have problems waking up or have general problems getting to places on time so I can come personally kick your butt.... *cough cough* Sammy...Hehehe! ;)

Drivers: $90 Pre-registered. $145 @ the gate IF there are any slots left.
**** Pre-registration IS OPEN NOW! Paypal Address is: [email protected] (https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=sales%40dgtrials.com&item_name=Oct.%201st%20Southern%20Fried%20Slide&amount=90)
Spectators: $5 (insurance fees)

Professional Formula-D drivers, Erik Jocobs and Tony Schulz, will also be available for driver instructing once again along with two more FormulaD Competitors, Miata Marty and Andy Sapp. Make sure you ask for them while on grid!

Hotel Information
Holiday Inn Select
ATLANTA CAPITOL CONFERENCE CTR
450 CAPITOL AVE
ATLANTA, GA 30312
UNITED STATES
Tel: 1-404-5912000
Fax: 1-404-5912001
Email: [email protected]
Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM
This hotel is literally across the street from our event. You can smell the rubber from the lobby!

Volunteers
We will be providing our Volunteers with lunch and some DG-goodies. For those that are interested in volunteering.. please email [email protected]. BTW OUR VOLUNTEERS ROCK! REMEMBER... Permit Parking Only!

Miscellaneous Stuff
It was quite difficult for us to negotiate and get Turner Field’s Blue Lot. Any goofing around, horseplay in the pit area, rolling burnouts on the track, and otherwise disrespectful behavior will NOT be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the facility with no refund. You guys were really really good boys and girls last time, so let's keep up the good work.

We will be hiring a uniformed police officer to be around.. so don't try any funny stuff people. Almost everyone is very well behaved but some people still have behavioral problems. IF YOU SPOT SOMEONE DOING SOMETHING SUSPICIOUS OR SOMETHING THEY SHOULDN'T BE DOING, PLEASE LET US KNOW BEFORE YOU TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS.

Tech Inspection Guidelines
a. Battery tie down -- you must have a strong battery tie down (preferably metal). Bungee cords are no good. Do not even bother getting in the tech line if your battery is not secured well. Battery boxes must be similarly secured.
b. Seat belts -- you must have a functional 3 (or more) point seat belt that is securely fastened.
c. Seat bolts -- make sure all your seat bolts are tight and present. You will not be able to drive with less than 4 bolts holding your seat to the chassis.
d. Lug Nuts / Studs -- you must have all lug nuts and studs per wheel. 3/4 or 4/5 lugs/studs fails tech. No exceptions.
e. Wheel bearings -- must not exhibit excessive play.
Do these rules sound familiar? Thats because the other guys are now all using it!

These are the basic tech requirements. Specific requirements are available at http://www.DGTrials.com/forms.php It is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle passes tech, not ours. We will provide some assistance (read: very, very minimal), but the burden lies on you, the entrant.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS AND SPONSOR INFORMATION.

Please direct any questions you have regarding the track, sponsorship, or the event in general to [email protected] or [email protected]

Thank You,
Eugene
www.dgtrials.com
http://dgtrials.com/images/100hi_logo.jpg

lazyboi444
08-04-2005, 02:25 AM
WELL TO INFORM ALL THIS EVENT FOR SPECTATORS AND DRIVERS AND VOLUNTEERS IS WORTH IT TO COME OUT! TAKE IT FROM ME PJ WHO HAS VOLUNTEERED WHICH IS FUN BECAUSE YOU GET TO TALK TO PPL AND GET CONNECTIONS AND WHOOP SOMEBODIES ASS IF NECESSARY BUT IT SHOULDN'T COME TO THAT BECAUSE I'M A NICE PERSON ANYWAYS. ALSO ALOT OF THE DRIVERS ARE GOOD AND PUT UP A GOOD SHOW THAT I THINK IS WORTH EVERY BIT OF SITTING OUTSIDE IN THE SUN OR RAIN AND VERY WELL WORTH IT TO PAY 5 DOLLARS, SO TAKE IT FROM SOMEBODY LIKE ME I'VE BEEN TO SLIDE OR DIES LAST 3 EVENTS AND IT'S WORTH IT. SO COME OUT AND MEET SOME NICE PPL AND GET A GOOD LOOK AT THE DRIFT WORLD OF THE A-TOWN.

lazyboi444
08-04-2005, 02:31 AM
ALSO EUGENE I'AM VOLUNTEERING AGAIN! BUT I WON'T KNOW WHETHER I'LL BE ENTERING AS A DRIVER UNTILL LIKE NEXT WEEK OR SO BUT IF IT'S NO TROUBLE COULD YOU KEEP ME INFORMED ON HOW MANY LOTS ARE LEFT!

quazar
08-04-2005, 10:27 AM
no problem, PJ.. i'll let you know.

Doppelgänger
08-04-2005, 10:58 PM
yay... i should be finally able to make a 05' event.... now that my car is up to par... +1 for Eugene

quazar
08-05-2005, 01:02 AM
yay... i should be finally able to make a 05' event.... now that my car is up to par... +1 for Eugene

yay.. now we got three miatas!

lazyboi444
08-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Hey what happen to your miata? somebody told me that you wrecked it or something like that!

quickdodge®
08-08-2005, 05:34 PM
I'd like to stand out with the workers in the field and video. Later, QD.

CodyW
08-08-2005, 07:43 PM
i'll be there as usual!

Tracy
08-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Eugene! You are dead ass meat! You wait til I see you!!!!!

I'm there anyways! Seat time is seat time!!!!

Tracy
08-08-2005, 07:49 PM
ALSO EUGENE I'AM VOLUNTEERING AGAIN! BUT I WON'T KNOW WHETHER I'LL BE ENTERING AS A DRIVER UNTILL LIKE NEXT WEEK OR SO BUT IF IT'S NO TROUBLE COULD YOU KEEP ME INFORMED ON HOW MANY LOTS ARE LEFT!

Is this the guy with the Afro???? If it is. I hope you get to drive your new car. :bigok:

Kalifornia087
08-08-2005, 08:51 PM
:burnout: :bowdown:

gonna be sweet!

lazyboi444
08-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Is this the guy with the Afro???? If it is. I hope you get to drive your new car. :bigok:

Tracy no i'm not the one with the fro. I'm the kid who works the gate you know the really really tall one! But if i get my car in time i will be entering it!

Tracy
08-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Tracy no i'm not the one with the fro. I'm the kid who works the gate you know the really really tall one! But if i get my car in time i will be entering it!

Oh sweet! I hope you can! You deserve to drive after all the hard work you have done.

lazyboi444
08-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Well i don't look at it as hard work i just look at it as a privelage because i get to see drifting and talk to people and make connections. But i do hope i get my car because the first mod will be the lsd! And you not to bad yourself drifting in the batlgrounds car! WHAT TECHNIQUES DO YOU USE?

Tracy
08-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Well i don't look at it as hard work i just look at it as a privelage because i get to see drifting and talk to people and make connections. But i do hope i get my car because the first mod will be the lsd! And you not to bad yourself drifting in the batlgrounds car! WHAT TECHNIQUES DO YOU USE?

hrmmm. I use mostly clutch kicking and e-brake. It depends on the situation. Have you ever drifted before?

quickdodge®
08-08-2005, 10:58 PM
I'll be up there again to check you out, Tracy. Later, QD.

lazyboi444
08-08-2005, 11:09 PM
hrmmm. I use mostly clutch kicking and e-brake. It depends on the situation. Have you ever drifted before?

Yeah. In my friends 240sx and in my moms sc but to me the sc doesnt count cuz it is a automatic so i have to go into turns with alot of speed and it's heavy as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeaiwonder88
08-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Well i was just wondering if i volunteered to work there would they like me take like 3 or 4 runs in my car cause i really just want to go a couple of times but if not ill just enter

lazyboi444
08-15-2005, 02:52 AM
To be honest I don't think they will let you take 3 or 4 runs if your car isn't registered! But I don't know you have to ask Eugene! He is "QUAZAR" the one who started this Thread so just ask him!

HiPSI
08-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Well i was just wondering if i volunteered to work there would they like me take like 3 or 4 runs in my car cause i really just want to go a couple of times but if not ill just enter

negative ghost rider.... if you're volunteering your payment is food and drinks ;), and you will work or eugene will beat you with a bull whip. but for the low low price of $90 you too can have your car out on the track for as many runs as you can get in during the day :D.

HiPSI
08-15-2005, 10:03 AM
oh and eugene, will you guys allow us drift monkeys with proper safety equipment and driving skill to do some tandem action?

lazyboi444
08-15-2005, 10:06 AM
They were doing tandem at the last SFS. Marty in the miata and i believe his name is andy in the BMW !

HiPSI
08-15-2005, 12:29 PM
They were doing tandem at the last SFS. Marty in the miata and i believe his name is andy in the BMW !

yeah but marty and andy are in the "cool kids" grouping since they are Formula D drivers ;).

Kalifornia087
08-15-2005, 08:19 PM
oh and eugene, will you guys allow us drift monkeys with proper safety equipment and driving skill to do some tandem action?

YES MORE TANDEM!!!

i'll be out there in my new old car... yay.. my buddy drew with the Red R/T dakota will be at it again for his second event... with some new sway bars to hopefully lessen his understeer problems... will be fun

lazyboi444
08-15-2005, 11:22 PM
YES MORE TANDEM!!!

i'll be out there in my new old car... yay.. my buddy drew with the Red R/T dakota will be at it again for his second event... with some new sway bars to hopefully lessen his understeer problems... will be fun

I hope so because last time he had mad understeer to the point that the truck couldn't even whip out! But the truck was nice though and that was a first for me to see a truck out there trying to drift! Props to him!

Big Baller
08-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Ill be there, Dan was tuning project chicken and dumplings last night.

Kalifornia087
08-16-2005, 04:07 PM
I hope so because last time he had mad understeer to the point that the truck couldn't even whip out! But the truck was nice though and that was a first for me to see a truck out there trying to drift! Props to him!

Lol yes he did... his first drift and last of the day were his best... second to last run he almost ate pole though, but he will have sways this time, and watch out

yeaiwonder88
08-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Ok if i suck really bad does it really matter or whats up cause man i mean i SUCK

yeaiwonder88
08-17-2005, 09:28 PM
O whats the age limit

HiPSI
08-17-2005, 10:12 PM
Ok if i suck really bad does it really matter or whats up cause man i mean i SUCK

doesn't matter at all... can't get better without getting out there and doing it.

as for the age limit, i believe 18+ or have a parent/legal guardian sign a waiver at the event for you.

yeaiwonder88
08-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Alright i guess ill be entering it forsure this year

08-23-2005, 10:37 PM
i kinda want to try this out, but im not sure how well i will do... never tried to drift the S but i think i will give it a shot if my new wheels come before so i can ruin my current tires... will there be any kind of instructors or is it trial by error?

CodyW
08-23-2005, 10:58 PM
there will be at least 3-4 instructors that will be happy to ride along and give you pointers. i'd highly reccomend it even if you've never tried before, you'll learn a ton and have an absolute blast.