PDA

View Full Version : Djarums

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Update on page 4.

Ok. So I have this thing, this chick (to whom I was messin with some time a while back) used to smoke this black cigarettes. When she first pulled them out, I made the usual "ewww" face, and then grunted a man grunt to counteract the "ewww" face, and then I said "****ing hell, cigarettes are disgusting, how do you sit there and inhale nastiness." Then she hit me with the "I don't inhale, just hold it in my mouth." (Insert sexual innuendo here, B*tch best swallow), so then I'm like "So you like the taste of ****?"

Her: "No they taste really good, this one cappucino flavored"
Me: "Don't bull**** me woman"
Her: *Handing me black cigarette*
me: *Smelling.....* "Mmm...They do smell good."
Her: *lights and blows in my face*
Me: "Wow..they still smell good... I thought that was your perfume."

So...years later I've been thinking and I figured I'd give "Becoming addicted" a try. I called all my friends I could think of that smoked and they didn't believe me, and offered to pay for my cigarettes for a month if I smoked a pack a week.

SO........We've got this $500 bet going. If I smoke a pack a week until February 16th, then quit cold turkey, I get $500. If I don't a) smoke a whole pack for every 7 days until then, or b) don't quit cold turkey, they each get $100 (theres 5 of them).

Sounds stupid and what not, but I mean...it can't be that bad. I'm tired of people telling me "You don't understand"(In response to "Why the **** don't you just stop). Thing is...I plan to not inhale...I have Track Star lungs, so just the mouth is fine.

Anyways...what do you guys think about Djarums?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ms/thumb/e/e5/Djarum-blacks-kretek.jpg/250px-Djarum-blacks-kretek.jpg

Cliffs:
Trying experiment smoking cigarettes, a bet is initiated between me and some friends. Winner gets $500.

GaGen2Teg
01-16-2008, 05:03 PM
I like em come in a whole bunch of flavors djarum blacks cherry and idk what other flavs but there are alot just make sure you know that they are like 2 dollars more than reg cigs cuz there cloved cigarettes

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Cloved? Whats that mean? And I don't care, I'm not paying for'em. :lmfao:

GaGen2Teg
01-16-2008, 05:09 PM
oh its just a more expensive tobacco idk haha well **** if you aint paying for them even better good luck with your bet

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 05:10 PM
...."Cloved" sounds like a verb...They apparently do something to the tobacco when its growing or drying or something...*googles...*

RandomGuy
01-16-2008, 05:11 PM
f*ck djarums... start with newports lol

djarums = virginia slims ... they don't really have that much tobacco, its mainly cloves- why they crackle when you hit them. and that hook that regular ones

I'm kinda curious to see how this goes as well... But yeah newports are the perfect control.. bc like everyone I knew started with 'ports lol

so yeah... git'rdun

Spektrewing386
01-16-2008, 05:11 PM
thats the most retarded bet ive heard of

you should bet that can run 10 miles without stopping. I can do 7 miles without stopping.

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm not a distance runner...

Anyways, I'll be sure to keep the thread updated...or at least re-bump it when I'm supposed to "quit". My dad smokes newports, but the thing is...those sh*ts stink. Thats why I'm going with clove cigarettes...pretty flavors and stuff. (no homo). I read on yahoo that clove is more damaging to your lungs, :(. Good thing I'm not "inhaling" but I'm sure some will seep down...I'll try not to go full blown smoking the b*tches.

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 05:17 PM
thats the most retarded bet ive heard of

you should bet that can run 10 miles without stopping. I can do 7 miles without stopping.

I made a bet with 50cent that was a little dumber. I bet him I could get shot more times and survive, and he was all for it, and I was too as long as he went first. So... I shot the ****** until the 9 jammed. Then I dipped.....that mother****er survived. So....now he's looking for me, gotta lay low.

RandomGuy
01-16-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm not a distance runner...

Anyways, I'll be sure to keep the thread updated...or at least re-bump it when I'm supposed to "quit". My dad smokes newports, but the thing is...those sh*ts stink. Thats why I'm going with clove cigarettes...pretty flavors and stuff. (no homo). I read on yahoo that clove is more damaging to your lungs, :(. Good thing I'm not "inhaling" but I'm sure some will seep down...I'll try not to go full blown smoking the b*tches.lol wtf if ur just puffing? u cant addicted. its not even smoking, technically. Lol nothing gets in your system, therefore no hook.

I don't think you can get addicted to djarums? I'm nto sure though... Dude try Marlboro Menthol Smooths... and pull and inhale... if you can smoke a pack a week (which is 2-3 a day) for a month... I'm seriously curious on knowing the outcome of that test. How hard it'd be to quit and what not.. it'd be easy to quit, it wont get hard unless you take full drags for like at least 6 months straight

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 05:22 PM
**** that...6 months of full drags will destroy my lungs. I'll do full drags for this month. I told'em I wasn't planning on it, and they were like its OK because some of it still gets into your system, you don't completely prevent it from going down your wind pipe. Heading to the store now...I'll brb.

GaGen2Teg
01-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Them marlboro menthol smooths a pretty good

RandomGuy
01-16-2008, 05:30 PM
**** that...6 months of full drags will destroy my lungs. I'll do full drags for this month. I told'em I wasn't planning on it, and they were like its OK because some of it still gets into your system, you don't completely prevent it from going down your wind pipe. Heading to the store now...I'll brb.
NOOOOOO dont get djarums

get marlboro menthol smooths

i wanna see you drag those... those were good when I smoked

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Back...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/Johnwayne/Djarum002.jpg

$7.43....Damn them ****s are expensive. We changed the bet, If I lose I have to pay them the $107.43 each. -_-' penny pinching bastards.

GaGen2Teg
01-16-2008, 05:38 PM
told you they was expensive i could of got em free for you i can get anyone cigs for free haha i work at a liq store

edit: correction i shouldnt say free cuz then everyone would ask but cheaper haha

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Oh **** my girlfriend is gonna ***** me the f*ck out...And she just texted me. "I'm coming out there, to spend the night." F*CK! Lol, I'll just wait until she goes out for a smoke and makes me come, then I'll whip out my cigs, and she'll be like WTF?!?!?!?!

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 05:40 PM
told you they was expensive i could of got em free for you i can get anyone cigs for free haha i work at a liq store

edit: correction i shouldnt say free cuz then everyone would ask but cheaper haha

Where you work at, because I'ma need the most discounts I can get?

GaGen2Teg
01-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Where you work at, because I'ma need the most discounts I can get?

the package store on franklin ave in marietta

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Oh ****...I now realize the guy never ID'd me!

chinitoxamor
01-16-2008, 06:07 PM
they taste good as hell.. i had it a couple of days ago but shyt takes too long to smoke.. i was standing there in da cold and smokin that.. tastes good thou.. try to lick ur lips after u had it on the cig butt.. realli nice sweet taste to it.. but yeh.. i still like camel frost.. marlboro smooth is good too but i lik frost better

chinitoxamor
01-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Oh ****...I now realize the guy never ID'd me!

i get ID'd everywhere i go.. well besides drinkin

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 06:11 PM
I think its because its literally right across the street from college dorms....meh...not like I'm under 18.

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm anxious to start smoking them....but....its ****ing cold outside.

chinitoxamor
01-16-2008, 06:21 PM
hahaha.. go smoke dude.. like stand behind a brickwall hahaha.. thats what i did at discover mills even thou it was cold

Alan®
01-16-2008, 06:29 PM
im curious to see how this goes. I smoke ports but I'm broke so i'm bumming at this point. Gonna quit tommorow

coolcat
01-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Djarums = straight up gay.

ZeDFuNk
01-16-2008, 06:50 PM
as a first time smoker i dont see how you're going to smoke a pack a day... but good luck man. you'll probably throw up a couple times.

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Ok. So I have this thing, this chick (to whom I was messin with some time a while back) used to smoke this black cigarettes. When she first pulled them out, I made the usual "ewww" face, and then grunted a man grunt to counteract the "ewww" face, and then I said "****ing hell, cigarettes are disgusting, how do you sit there and inhale nastiness." Then she hit me with the "I don't inhale, just hold it in my mouth." (Insert sexual innuendo here, B*tch best swallow), so then I'm like "So you like the taste of ****?"

So...years later I've been thinking and I figured I'd give "Becoming addicted" a try. I called all my friends I could think of that smoked and they didn't believe me, and offered to pay for my cigarettes for a month if I smoked a pack a week.

SO........We've got this $500 bet going. If I smoke a pack a week until February 16th, then quit cold turkey, I get $500. If I don't a) smoke a whole pack for every 7 days until then, or b) don't quit cold turkey, they each get $100 (theres 5 of them).

Sounds stupid and what not, but I mean...it can't be that bad. I'm tired of people telling me "You don't understand"(In response to "Why the **** don't you just stop). Thing is...I plan to not inhale...I have Track Star lungs, so just the mouth is fine.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ms/thumb/e/e5/Djarum-blacks-kretek.jpg/250px-Djarum-blacks-kretek.jpg

Cliffs:
Trying experiment smoking cigarettes, a bet is initiated between me and some friends. Winner gets $500.

http://fantasy411.mlblogs.com/photos/your_hosts/siano_hookedonphonics.png
Reading > You

Just talked to my roommate, he said that they take long to smoke and that a pack a week as a first time smoker is going to be hard.

chinitoxamor
01-16-2008, 07:12 PM
see i try not to make it a daily habit anymore.. im only a social smoker haha

redrumracer
01-16-2008, 07:20 PM
as a first time smoker i dont see how you're going to smoke a pack a day... but good luck man. you'll probably throw up a couple times.

ummmmm its a pack a week

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Ok...well I was hoping the rain would stop but it won't and i'm tired so I'm gonna go puff one real quick....then hit the sack.

umairejaz
01-16-2008, 08:12 PM
LOL interesting bet, I would never smoke.

The Ninja
01-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Oh my fuc.k..these things take forever tos moke. They leave a nice taste on my lips, they crackle when I puff, and wow...I feel like I just took a shot of tequila. Small puffs work the best because I sure as hell couldn't take a hard strong swig. They leave the regular smell of cigs on my hands >_< and probably everywhere else. I just brushed my teeth and washed my mouth out. But ****...my eyes are red, and I feel light headed as ****. This is going to be harder than I thought.

GaGen2Teg
01-16-2008, 08:49 PM
haha good luck with the bet

KPowerEP3
01-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Oh my fuc.k..these things take forever tos moke. They leave a nice taste on my lips, they crackle when I puff, and wow...I feel like I just took a shot of tequila. Small puffs work the best because I sure as hell couldn't take a hard strong swig. They leave the regular smell of cigs on my hands >_< and probably everywhere else. I just brushed my teeth and washed my mouth out. But ****...my eyes are red, and I feel light headed as ****. This is going to be harder than I thought.

pu55y.

RandomGuy
01-16-2008, 09:37 PM
they taste good as hell.. i had it a couple of days ago but shyt takes too long to smoke.. i was standing there in da cold and smokin that.. tastes good thou.. try to lick ur lips after u had it on the cig butt.. realli nice sweet taste to it.. but yeh.. i still like camel frost.. marlboro smooth is good too but i lik frost bettercamel frost = nasty

also after you smoke them... tear open the filter... theres a little bead with the "minty" flavor in it lol.. WTF LOL theres actually a little peice of plastic in the filter... I swear

I'm sure that can't be good for you. Also it blocks airflow so the drags are harder.

M-M Smooths FTW, but i quit.

Benefit
01-16-2008, 09:42 PM
djarum blacks are real good...

_Christian_
01-16-2008, 09:44 PM
quiting after a month will be easy as hell. thats free $$$. i kinda like djarums. never smoked them daily (when i used to smoke), but i bummed them from friends and they were pretty good.

Thighs
01-16-2008, 10:19 PM
djarums are poon cigs

man up and buy some reds

Alan®
01-16-2008, 10:21 PM
**** reds newports ftw

Thighs
01-16-2008, 10:23 PM
**** reds newports ftw

why not pull out one of both, light them at the same time, and drag both down at the same time. thats what real men do

plus newports are for black people. lol

The Ninja
01-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Alright...so I smoked half of one this morning, and just finished the other half on the way back from class. Still get that light headed feeling and a bit of nausea afterwards, but I guess thats just my body reacting to the surplus of nicotine in my system.

umairejaz
01-17-2008, 03:15 PM
smoking ftl though

The Ninja
01-17-2008, 03:24 PM
I feel ya....No worries I'll be taking all precautions afterwards to ensure a path to good health. I honestly think I might lose this bet, because I don't like going outside to stand in the cold to smoke. And since me and my girlfriend broke up (it was nasty) I don't know too many people that smoke now.

JDM TYTE YO
01-17-2008, 03:34 PM
oh its just a more expensive tobacco idk haha well **** if you aint paying for them even better good luck with your bet

ditto

bu villain
01-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Thats free money! It takes months or years of smoking to become really addicted. Youre only smoking a pack a week plus your not inhaling? Thatll be the easiest 500 you ever made. What are you gonna buy?

RandomGuy
01-17-2008, 04:59 PM
lol its easy to start hard to quit

mannn the buzz/nausea feels awesome ... lol thats why people smoke

enjoy it while you still get it... once you're hooked you dont even get that no more.

The Ninja
01-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Ok...I've been inhaling. I figured it wouldn't be true to the bet if I didn't....but damn, sh*t is something else. I've been smoking them in halves for a few reasons...mostly because it takes too long to smoke a full one, and because its f*cking cold outside.

Alan®
01-17-2008, 05:50 PM
\

enjoy it while you still get it... once you're hooked you dont even get that no more.
QFT

The Ninja
01-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Alright...i think my cool factor increased by 10! W00t!

ShooterMcGavin
01-17-2008, 06:20 PM
easiest bet ever, and djarums are great, but the blacks are harsh though :yes:

The Ninja
01-17-2008, 07:43 PM
This is great..I'm beyond ****ed...6 211s or Steel reserves....and a cu of coolaid and everclear! w00t

Doppelgänger
01-17-2008, 10:53 PM
f*ck djarums... start with newports lol

djarums = virginia slims ... they don't really have that much tobacco, its mainly cloves- why they crackle when you hit them. and that hook that regular ones

I'm kinda curious to see how this goes as well... But yeah newports are the perfect control.. bc like everyone I knew started with 'ports lol

so yeah... git'rdun

Im not realding this whole thread.

Hassan, you're pissed that i got you to smoek Blacks lol

I smoke Blacks.... 1 pack a week. I know all the places around me that sell them and pay $5.29 w/tax per pack :)

SicStang03
01-17-2008, 10:56 PM
If you don't in hail you won't get hooked... This is a dumb bet on your friends part. I would make you buy real cigs and actually smokem

Leadfoot_mf
01-17-2008, 11:08 PM
this is the best idea i have ever heard of. good luck? cant wait to see how this pans out.

Tech5
01-17-2008, 11:09 PM
x2
this is the best idea i have ever heard of. good luck? cant wait to see how this pans out.

RandomGuy
01-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Im not realding this whole thread.

Hassan, you're pissed that i got you to smoek Blacks lol

I smoke Blacks.... 1 pack a week. I know all the places around me that sell them and pay $5.29 w/tax per pack :)
you did introduce me to them a long time ago before like every gas station carried them... I was like damn wtf are these haha bc i never even heard of them/ seen them. I was wondering wtf you were smoking when I saw you, looked like a twig from a tree. So you gave me one and i was just amazed, like wtf thats different... Haha i was out at the next meet with a pack of djarum blacks... you smoke those fruit special recipe 9 ones or something if i remember correctly.

So the wow effect kicked in like vtec and I ended up smoking those for like a few days, then i couldnt stand them again so I went back to newports/smooths lol.

But this was a while ago... we both "quit" since then haha remember when you got sick and "quit" hahahah

3.5altman
01-18-2008, 02:17 AM
I use to some those cigs, now i smoke black and milds. But im thinking about going back to the cigs. Or blunts....... nah maybe not

Tech5
01-18-2008, 02:17 AM
lol Mo you crazy hoe

The Ninja
01-18-2008, 06:53 AM
Ok...so now I'm starting to feel small cravings. Honestly, I woke up this morning and for some reason I had the urge to go stand outside and inhale on this black. Nothing too serious, I sorta brought myself back to reality because its cold outside and I don't feel like going outside until I have to leave for class.

Kelly
01-18-2008, 07:47 AM
That's the only kind of cigarette I can handle.

Doppelgänger
01-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Ok...so now I'm starting to feel small cravings. Honestly, I woke up this morning and for some reason I had the urge to go stand outside and inhale on this black. Nothing too serious, I sorta brought myself back to reality because its cold outside and I don't feel like going outside until I have to leave for class.I enjoy the excuse for taking 10min to sit and do nothing.... (thats how long it takes me to smoke a black lol)

The older Blacks were better. They changed them up about 6-8 months ago. They used to have a gold band on them rather then a silver one.... the gold ones were the good ones :( They even smelled better...... i had a B&M awhile back.... i kinda liked it.

Killer
01-18-2008, 09:02 AM

Cliffs:

djarums rock... i smoke them... but i'm not addicted at all... at the same time, i'm not addicted at all... and one pack can last me 1-2 weeks.. i don't smoke them everyday.. and i normally don't smoke them multiple times in a day... (unless i'm partying or out and about with others that smoke) i think they are much smoother than a normal cig.. and they last longer/burn slower so that's prolly why most don't chain smoke them. i dig the blacks as well... not a fan of the others splash/bahli hai/cherry but those are the only ones i've ever tried...

Killer
01-18-2008, 09:03 AM
I enjoy the excuse for taking 10min to sit and do nothing.... (thats how long it takes me to smoke a black lol)

The older Blacks were better. They changed them up about 6-8 months ago. They used to have a gold band on them rather then a silver one.... the gold ones were the good ones :( They even smelled better...... i had a B&M awhile back.... i kinda liked it.

qft... i was/am a bit pissed..

Doppelgänger
01-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Only a fellow Black smoke would know the difference ! The new ones don't even pop and crackle as much :(

Doppelgänger
01-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Another tip to the OP- Buy the Blacks in a carton... sure it'll be like $40.. but it will last you a month+ lol

The Ninja
02-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Alright... I know I haven't been updating this as often as I should have but heres an update anyways. I've been smoking them pretty loyally, and have actually grown accustom to the smell of cigarettes. I can maybe even say I "like" it. I have about a pack and a half to smoke left. I would say I was addicted.

If you could scale addiction to where 0 is not addicted at all and 10 is crack fiend addicted, i'd say I was conservatively a 5 maybe 5.5. I get cravings, and get cranky if I haven't smoked in a while. i've been doing laundry almost every ****ing weekend though, because there are still some people I don't want to know I smoke.

I will probably smoke a pack extra before the 17th, and then i'll quit cold turkey, but I'm starting to feel like I don't want to quit. For some reason, it gives me a social key when I'm out smoking with a few buddies. I've made new friends, (smokers of course), and they're all really cool. They'll call me to go out and smoke, and I'll do the same. Just now we were throwing the football back and forth before and after a cig.

I don't get that initial "high" anymore, but I do get a slight buzz if I eat a full meal and suck one down really quick.

Overall I'd say quitting is going to be a challenge, but one I'm still sure I can overcome. Definitely noticed a decrease in my lung capacity and my ability to make the most of every breath. BIG difference. I also break a sweat a lot easier, and when I powerwalk to class when i'm late I'm actually out of breath. Though that is most recently and could be attributed to the rise in tempurature. Either way...the bet is well underway and I'm ahead of my planned schedule.

R3RUN
02-04-2008, 08:09 PM
I just finished a black actually. I don't smoke them if I don't want too. Don't have any problems with it. Usually I stop for a weekend or so every once in a while just to check myself.

mushroom_toy
02-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Wow this seems to be a good bet/project lol. I used to socially smoke one every once in a while but I never got addicted, and I havent smoked a cig in probably more than a year. Crazy, cant wait to see the outcome lol.

sogood
02-05-2008, 12:26 AM
What an easy $500. Seriously, if you fail, tell your friends I'll do it.

MR2DR
03-31-2008, 05:56 PM
so yea, i smoked a djarum today and remembered this thread. WTF happened? update please? hehe.

RandomGuy
03-31-2008, 06:45 PM
he's black

so naturally he failed

at life

The Ninja
03-31-2008, 09:17 PM
My bad..thought I updated the thread. Well, the deadline came and they were unsatisfied so we set it up to last until March 17th. Well that deadline came, and I quit since. I did have full fledged addiction and what not, I had cravings and if I went too long I'd get the 2nd worse migraine i've ever had. Since the 17th though I've quit. Cold turkey. Last week was the hardest. This week is getting really hard because I'm getting even more stressed out and I had started using that as a reflexive action to "relieve" stress. I found that drinking insane amounts of water have helped curve the addiction, and I'm sure I'll be clean. Tomorrow is pay day.