PDA

View Full Version : Misc 2 Pac or Biggie

Tracy
01-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Let the battle begin! Ding ding!

I happen to like them both. I like 2 Pac better, but I also loved Junior Mafia back in the day. When Biggie did the solo stuff, I leaned more toward 2 Pac.

mocha latte cupcake
01-16-2008, 09:50 AM
both had good songs but pac was WAYYYYY better.... and would have gone further if he had lived as long if not longer

Tracy
01-16-2008, 09:58 AM
both had good songs but pac was WAYYYYY better.... and would have gone further if he had lived as long if not longerTr00. I am so sad now :(

GaGen2Teg
01-16-2008, 10:09 AM
PAC FTMFW

Tracy
01-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Dang, no love for Biggie......

Spectic Tank
01-16-2008, 10:15 AM
I think they're both excellent artists. Comercially Tupac has had more success. Lyrically he would get his ass handed to him by BIG.

I also lost a lot of respect for Tupac during the whole East vs. West battle. The dude was from East Harlem, and at the same time dissing the place so he could sell more records. He was what 17 when he moved to the West coast?

Maybe I play favorites because I'm from NYC area, but in a battle...BIG would come out victorious.:2cents:

Tracy
01-16-2008, 10:18 AM
I think they're both excellent artists. Comercially Tupac has had more success. Lyrically he would get his ass handed to him by BIG.

I also lost a lot of respect for Tupac during the whole East vs. West battle. The dude was from East Harlem, and at the same time dissing the place so he could sell more records. He was what 17 when he moved to the West coast?

Maybe I play favorites because I'm from NYC area, but in a battle...BIG would come out victorious.:2cents:

I agree about the East Coast VS West Coast thing. That being said, I understand the sell more records thing. I mean it's his job in the end and money is money.

I always thought the Bad Boy thing was quite cheezy.

Spectic Tank
01-16-2008, 10:20 AM
That being said, I understand the sell more records thing. I mean it's his job in the end and money is money.

That is the definition of a 'sell-out'.

Oz10
01-16-2008, 10:26 AM
tupac all the way.

Tracy
01-16-2008, 10:30 AM
That is the definition of a 'sell-out'.

Yep. Most of the time making money requires selling out. Especially in the music industry. I always relate things to my life. I DO NOT agree with a lot of things I have had to do to have a career in motorsports, but I do them because I love to drive and in order to keep doing it, I have to have money. I could go on for days about what I have done to sell-out. Don't ever forget that BG exists because of our street racing days ;) We love street racing. It's where we come from and how all of this started. Unfortunately, there is no money in street racing and it is dangerous and parents don't take to kindly to it and neither do corporate dollars. All of the money is in corporate dollars and I have to satisfy their image in order to get their money.

There is a Tool song form the Opiate album that is great and talks about selling out. Let me try to remember the title and get back with you.

tippatone
01-16-2008, 10:35 AM
IMO I liked Tupac because of how verstile his lyrics was. On one track he would tell folks how he hit em up, then he could also let the world how important our mothers to each and every one of us. Who can't relate to Dear Mama?

TicketRedBB6
01-16-2008, 10:38 AM
I like Pac a lot more. IMO Biggie sounds the same in every song i've heard, and Pac seems way more versatile.

GaGen2Teg
01-16-2008, 10:40 AM
The Thing You have to give Biggie is that alot of ppl are biting his lines...im not saying any names but if ppl are biting your lines must mean you did do something good for hip hop but like i said im more of a pac fan but biggie is still good

ueyedgr8tness
01-16-2008, 10:42 AM
TUpac ftw!!

Tracy
01-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Ok it wasn't Opiate. It was a song called "Hooker with a Penis" by Tool that taks about selling out. I think it's funny!

I met a boy wearing vans, 501s, and a
Dope beastie t, nipple rings, and
New tattoos that claimed that he
Was ogt,
From 92,
The first ep.

And in between
Sips of coke
He told me that
He thought
We were sellin out,
Layin down,
Suckin up
To the man.

Well now Ive got some
A-dvice for you, little buddy.
Before you point the finger
You should know that
Im the man,

And if Im the man,
Then youre the man, and
Hes the man as well so you can
Point that ****in finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what Ive sold you,
Dumb ****.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip ****,
And you bought one.

So Ive got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point your finger
You should know that
Im the man,
If Im the ****in man
Then youre the ****in man as well
So you can
Point that ****in finger up your ass.

Dumb ****.

Dip ****,
And you bought one.

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on tv
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

So...shut up and

Buy my new record
Send more money
**** you, buddy.

Tasuki_Civic
01-16-2008, 10:48 AM
both had good songs but pac was WAYYYYY better.... and would have gone further if he had lived as long if not longer

i wouldnt just say songs but they were both great artist
but i second that about tupac :yes:

Spectic Tank
01-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Dumb ****.

Dip ****,
And you bought one.

You can respect sell-outs all you want. That's your perogative. Like I said I have no respect for someone who will diss their hometown just to sell records. Where do you think the first performing arts school he went to was? Then instead of using his talent to sell rocords he just started dissing everybody on the east coast. That **** was retarted...and look where it got him. He would have been a successful artist regardless.

P.S. I know more about Tupac than what he 'sold' in his lyrics.

Tracy
01-16-2008, 10:58 AM
You can respect sell-outs all you want. That's your perogative. Like I said I have no respect for someone who will diss their hometown just to sell records. Where do you think the first performing arts school he went to was? Then instead of using his talent to sell rocords he just started dissing everybody on the east coast. That **** was retarted...and look where it got him. He would have been a successful artist regardless.

P.S. I know more about Tupac than what he 'sold' in his lyrics.I know corporate dollars and how it relates to selling to the masses. I don't care about the story behind it or the reasoning. I like the way it sounds and the way it makes me feel and the memories it brings back from the times I heard the songs. I am also not hostile about what 2 Pac chose to do with his life. It's not my business and it doesn't really effect me enough to get deep into why he did what he did :) I'm not a blood or a crip so WTF do I care? I also never said anything about respect.

Spectic Tank
01-16-2008, 11:07 AM
I know corporate dollars and how it relates to selling to the masses. I don't care about the story behind it or the reasoning. I like the way it sounds and the way it makes me feel and the memories it brings back from the times I heard the songs. I am also not hostile about what 2 Pac chose to do with his life. It's not my business and it doesn't really effect me enough to get deep into why he did what he did :) I'm not a blood or a crip so WTF do I care? I also never said anything about respect.

I understand what you're saying, I like his music too. I just prefer BIG's music over his...I think he was a better rapper. I'm also from the NYC area so I am biased when it comes to Tupac.

BB6dohcvtec
01-16-2008, 11:10 AM

P.S. I know more about Tupac than what he 'sold' in his lyrics.

**** I would have dissed everybody on the east coast at that time as well. Only thing the east coast had going at that time was BIG and then you had Puff Daddy behind every track and him doing his :gay: dance in every video with some flashy MC Hammer costume.

BKgen®
01-16-2008, 11:22 AM
where is the "neither" option?

BLK JDM
01-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Biggie all the way. If it wasn't for him I'd never have my nickname!!! Also that song Juicy by Biggie is my #1 song when I'm in a bad mood. DJ Khaled's I'm so Hood is becoming a close 2nd-I don't know why-the lyrics aren't moving but it just get's me motivated.

Killer
01-16-2008, 11:59 AM
100% pac

1000cckiller
01-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Pac was the best.

Tracy
01-16-2008, 12:54 PM
I understand what you're saying, I like his music too. I just prefer BIG's music over his...I think he was a better rapper. I'm also from the NYC area so I am biased when it comes to Tupac.Yea, so let's keep this argument superficial. I don't want no one getting shot!!!!!! :D 2 Pac f0 Lyfe!

Killer
01-16-2008, 01:01 PM
*throws up w* WEST SIDE MOTHER F'ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*looks at skin, realizes i'm white..... Thinks about birth place.... realizes i'm from michigan... hmmmmmmmmm*

Tracy
01-16-2008, 01:01 PM
*throws up w* WEST SIDE MOTHER F'ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*looks at skin, realizes i'm white..... Thinks about birth place.... realizes i'm from michigan... hmmmmmmmmm* :lmfao: and a known racise on top of all of that!

quickdodge®
01-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Lolol @ topic. White people. Later, QD.

Tracy
01-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Lolol @ topic. White people. Later, QD.East Side :???:

Killer
01-16-2008, 01:13 PM
:lmfao: and a known racise on top of all of that!

what's funny, is no one on this site saw me when i was younger.... not that i'm old now, but i used to be a little thug wannabe white boy... like from elementary through most of middle school lol... one of my friends always said i was the blackest white boy she knew lol....

i would wear the sweat pants with one leg rolled up, FLANNEL jackets, beanies over my eyes...

it was horrible lol... and all because i was into rap music at that age.. lol..

seriously LOL @ MY IGNORANCE!!!!!!

Tracy
01-16-2008, 01:14 PM
what's funny, is no one on this site saw me when i was younger.... not that i'm old now, but i used to be a little thug wannabe white boy... like from elementary through most of middle school lol...

i would wear the sweat pants with one leg rolled up, FLANNEL jackets, beanies over my eyes...

it was horrible lol... and all because i was into rap music at that age.. lol..
:ttiwwp:

Killer
01-16-2008, 01:15 PM
:ttiwwp:

i don't think i have any...

well i'm certain that i don't have any.... but i don't think my sis or mom do either...

i was so hardcore... lol

MistaCee
01-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Biggie was better to me although Pac was also good. I just like Biggies flow and the way he delivered his lyrics better

Lucky.
01-16-2008, 01:43 PM
I SAY BIG PUN!!!

Tracy
01-16-2008, 01:58 PM
not an option. this is a 2 pac/biggie war dammit!

xlilvi3tx
01-16-2008, 04:36 PM
2pac ftw

EJ25RUN
01-16-2008, 04:46 PM
liking tupac gets you laid!

TIGERJC
01-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Notorious BIG FTMFW. To me he is the best rapper of all time, and pac comes in second.

Stopsnitchin
01-17-2008, 08:01 PM
NOTORIOUS BIG ALL DAY!!!

WHERES BROOKLYN AT?!?!?!?!?!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10/12/283887/Notorious%20B.I.G.%20and%20Tupac%20-%20Where%20Brooklyn%20At.mp3

quickdodge®
01-17-2008, 08:03 PM
WHERES BROOKLYN AT?!?!?!?!?!

Who cares? Later, QD.

Stopsnitchin
01-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Who cares? Later, QD.

its the name of the freestyle you ignorant fuc

quickdodge®
01-17-2008, 08:14 PM
its the name of the freestyle you ignorant fuc

Still a fuccing dummy, huh? I was stating who cares where the fucc Brooklyn is. Get out of here with your biatch asz comments. Later, QD.

BaHumBugg
01-17-2008, 08:38 PM
2pac for sure....Biggie did not touch as many people as Pac did simple as that, to be honest I still really dont understand why everytime Pac is mentioned Biggies name is in the convo as well, personally I think the only reason why is because of the war they had and how they past away but other than that Pac is in his own league and I havent heard anybody yet speak truth like Pac did

Nomad!
01-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Two different breeds of MCs to me. I dig them both for what they did. Biggie for his lyrical acrobatics & Pac for his ability to paint a picture with his words. With that being said, I HATED all of their later material, especially all of the crap that dropped after they died.

redpanda
01-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Two different breeds of MCs to me. I dig them both for what they did. Biggie for his lyrical acrobatics & Pac for his ability to paint a picture with his words.
QFT Both are great emcees. I voted Biggie. There's something about his flow, it was more... fluid/smooth? I don't know..