PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Boost Advice

DamnDisLaOsBoY
08-03-2005, 11:05 PM
OK lets see i have a 91 integra which is obd0... im piecing my kit together and so far i have turbo, FMIC, and a BOV.... what set up should i go since im obd0? i know the basics but when it comes down to obd0 i know its different so therefore i need your guys help on how my set up should be.... and all this is going to be on stock internals... let me know what you guys think.......thanx..-AdAm

D16Civic
08-03-2005, 11:34 PM
well, i dont have a boosted car, but just from wat ive read and stuff, i dont see how ur setup is goin to be any different using an obd0 ecu other than the tuning software u need to use, which is turboedit i believe.

larger injectors, etc.. u said u know the basics

Not all that familier with b series motors, but i dont think i would run more than 10 psi on stock internals with a really good tune

dont know if thats wat u were asking or not, but here it is anyways

DamnDisLaOsBoY
08-03-2005, 11:53 PM
yeh im probably going to run 8psi or so to be safe... so i mean after i get basics as in mani, oil lines, wastegate, i dont know what kind of fuel management would be good and not too expensive.... a friend told me i should just get a safc and injectors... bc i was thinkin of going FMU but i think i should go with injectors too..... i just want to know different peoples point of view on an obd0 set up thats all...

Sport1.3
08-04-2005, 10:31 AM
details? what motor? what size turbo? do you have a mani? r u getting custom piping made?what r u going to use as a FMU (fuel Management)? have u planed out oil supply feed/return? etc... your car being OBD0 only means you dont have to worry about pesky MAF sensors and 2 cats so no biggie.

DamnDisLaOsBoY
08-04-2005, 12:29 PM
oh cool... people tell me that obd0 makes things kinda difficult and people might not be able to tune it.... well i have a t3 turbo so far, drag 3 i believe FMIC, turbo timer, greddy BOV, and i think ima use the SAFC to manage my fuel... what do u guys think? and yes ima end up getting custom piping.... well anyways thats basically why im asking for peoples opinion because people say obd0 cars are more of a hassle tuning and boosting...

D16Civic
08-04-2005, 06:22 PM
i think ima use the SAFC to manage my fuel
IMO, i would use TurboEdit to tune your car. the actual software is free but i doubt ull tune it urself so that doesnt really matter.
Find a shop w/ a professional tuner who know how to tune using this software. i figure it would probably cost somewhere around $100 an hour or so for tuning on a dyno, and would probably take 2-3 hours.
So probably for around same price as AFC (new), you will end up getting a much better tune and wont have to worry about anything happening while ur driving

Sport1.3
08-04-2005, 08:03 PM
well if your doing this as a cheap project then u dont really need a piggyback or ecu reflash. you can use the alternate pump and higher flow RRFPR (rising rate fuel pressure regulator) to get your fuel needs met for half the price. i mean do u plan to boost higher than 8-10 psi? im running THIS FMU setup at 8psi on a T3/t4h and it runs perfect AFR's. do u have any pics of the FMIC and serial/tag for the turbo? im wondering what the pressure loss/efficiency of your FMIC is, sounds kinda ebay-esk. oh and dont waist your money on the SAFC if this is budget. you can make reliable power without spending loads of money. your choice. if this is your first venture into F/I land then i would definitly not waist any money on unneeded parts cuz theres always problems!!! gluck...lemme know if you need any help

DamnDisLaOsBoY
08-04-2005, 10:22 PM
alrite thanx for everyones advice but yeh i think ima boost about 8psi no more.... i know some people running FMU and dont have problems with it and i know someone who also said FMU sucks ass.... and no i dont have a pix of the FMIC but looks so close to a drag gen 3 FMIC.... so yeah.... i have BOV, turbo, FMIC so far and ima get all the small stuff like return lines etc.... what exactly do i need left to bolt on and go after i get a mani and wastegate?

Sport1.3
08-05-2005, 01:34 AM
well your turbo should be internally waistgated if its a standerd t3 correct? and is it water cooled as well?. so u would need the mani, the oil/coolant feed and return, RRFPR, 255 cfm pump, fuel lines rated for at least 85+ psi (u wanna run around 80-85 psi fuel pressure for 8 psi), DP, exhaust, possible highflow cat or voltage clamp so not to run a CEL, smaller IC for 8psi (u will loose too much pressure through the big ic), filter, tons of small vaccum lines, boost gauge, and eventually a wideband gauge for tuning..etc

DamnDisLaOsBoY
08-05-2005, 12:31 PM
yeh its internally wastegated but missing it.. i wanna have an external wastegate so someone told me to weld the little door shut that the wastegate hooks up to on the turbine side....

Sport1.3
08-05-2005, 08:02 PM
um dont waist your money! remember your only running 8 psi and its your first kit keep it simple. the bigger waist gates can actaully rob you of power due to the spring unloading boost pressure early and makes it hard to maintain constant psi. just buy the stock waistgate, it is also easier to adjsut boost pressure manualy as well with the adjustable rod. ive delt with t3's b4 they r oldschool turbo's so keep the system simple.

DamnDisLaOsBoY
08-06-2005, 12:36 AM
where can i get the stock wastegate? and im not too good with working it and how to adjust the boost on it and all that... and if i get a b series manifold how would i deal with the opening where to bolt the wastegate?...-AdAm

DamnDisLaOsBoY
08-06-2005, 01:39 AM
BTW if i was to run injectors n SAFC what size should i go 450cc?

D16Civic
08-06-2005, 12:01 PM
BTW if i was to run injectors n SAFC what size should i go 450cc?
if u go w/ afc, some dsm450s will work just fine and u can get them for a cheap price

Sport1.3
08-13-2005, 04:01 PM
IMo 450's are alil big for your application. what size r your stockers? im running 320cc and plan on running 440's when i up my boost. and the stock waistgate attaches to the turbo housing. and you can weld over the hole in the mani.

Vuongy_Dong
08-20-2005, 10:09 AM
need some good advice on boosting? hit me up. LoL