PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Dumb Audi Question

Alan®
01-15-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm sitting here watching iRobot right now and noticed that the Audi Will Smith drives in the movie looks a lot like the R8. I found an article on it but it doesnt say anything about being the concept vehicle for the R8. As far as I can tell the first concept car for the R8 wasn't released till the following year. The Audi in iRobot was nothing more than an example of the new design direction Audi was moving in.

isa2o3
01-16-2008, 09:56 PM
it looks good. didnt see the movie though

Frög
01-16-2008, 11:14 PM
i noticed that too..

Alan®
01-16-2008, 11:28 PM
yea see the R8 was a concept based off the le mans car but it really looked too mcuh like a production car. I'm thinking this was the original concept the headlights the shape of the car and even the little air scoops on the sides are like exact matches

bounds25
01-16-2008, 11:41 PM
The cars is what is know as a "product placement" It is a colaberation between Audi design teams and the movie producer. The car does share a very similar styling with the R8 but even thoght the concept of the R8 known as the Le Mans Quattro was not revealed until a year later the concept had been in development 2 years prior. Basicaly Audi use the movie to get feed back on the concept that they had decided on be for they officaly revealed the car to the public. *FYI* the car is known as the RSQ and is auctualy a working model.

Alan®
01-17-2008, 12:13 AM
reps for knowledge^^

AnthonyF
01-17-2008, 06:13 AM
I'm sitting here watching iRobot right now and noticed that the Audi Will Smith drives in the movie looks a lot like the R8. I found an article on it but it doesnt say anything about being the concept vehicle for the R8. As far as I can tell the first concept car for the R8 wasn't released till the following year. The Audi in iRobot was nothing more than an example of the new design direction Audi was moving in.

u said dumb audi question....^ theres no question in there.