PDA

View Full Version : coilovers.....

bigjacsoc
01-15-2008, 03:34 AM
Looking at getting coilovers for dd and weekend drifting for my 93 240. i have decided between either the Tein Basic or the Megan Racing ones, trying to stay below $1,000. I know MR's are 32 way adjustable but are they any better than the Tein's which are obviously one of THE biggest names in suspension/drifting.

AnthonyF
01-15-2008, 07:56 AM
^so...technically there's no real question here.

if you dont mind a bumpy ride for a DD then get the coil overs. Springs are a little more forgiving. If i was you i'd prob go with Teins.

Elbow
01-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Tein basics dont have adjustability other then ride height I thought? I'd take the Megans for sure.

speedminded
01-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Tein basics dont have adjustability other then ride height I thought? I'd take the Megans for sure.Correcto, dampening and rebound is not adjustable on Tein Basics. I'd compare the Megans more to the Tein SS but quiite the quality of the Flex.

bigodom1
01-17-2008, 04:10 PM
ask yourself a couple questions first
1: do you need adjustability?
2: are you against GC sleeves?
3: do you have to have it now or could you save a little longer for a more quality product the first time?

if you have to have it now and adjustability is of no concern go with the tein setup. it will lower your car and be a little better than stock was new.(remember your stock is not new stock suspension)

If you are not against Ground Control sleeves then I suggest you get them with some Koni yellow and do a little research to figure out what rates you want. this way you can custom order to your specs the springs and the shocks (this is what i have on my car and what i reccomend. you can order just springs in the future and can also get the shocks revalved with relative ease due to them being in the USA)

If you really dont have to have it right now I suggest you get a little more money saved up and then buy something quality

itsnotarex
01-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Megans FTW. There's a guy I know who is a very experienced subaru technician, and has a set of ebay megans on his ridiculously awesome legacy wagon. Yes I said wagon. This guy knows his stuff and he loves them and has recommended them to a lot of people, From what I hear they're the best setup out there for the money. Hell, I may end up with a set sooner or later.

I maybe could put you in touch with him if you like.

matthewAPM
01-17-2008, 04:20 PM
ground control coilovers
koni shocks
eibach springs

period.

quickdodgeŽ
01-17-2008, 04:20 PM
^so...technically there's no real question here.

Where did you get the idea he was asking a question? Later, QD.

r_Senik
01-17-2008, 05:10 PM
probbly get the megans...seems better for dd driving