PDA

View Full Version : Military question

gijoe0720
01-14-2008, 07:41 PM
This may be the wrong section but I was wandering if anyone knows that since I am on probation if I could still join or would I have to wait till I am off.

NAIZBST
01-14-2008, 07:50 PM
more than likely wait till you are off probation since you have to go meet with your probation officer

GIXXERDK
01-14-2008, 07:58 PM
The Marines can actually get you OUT of trouble. I've had friends who got on the wrong side and there cases were dropped because they joined the marines.

gijoe0720
01-14-2008, 08:01 PM
I am on probation till December 5th for dui/drugs and possession of drugs

KPowerEP3
01-14-2008, 08:02 PM
More important than that, it depends what you're on probation for, whether you'll be accepted at all. But, to answer your question, the USMC recruiter I've been dealing with on my delayed entry made it a point to ask if I was on any kind of parole or probation, etc. because they won't take you. There is no waiver for it, either.

Dracc
01-14-2008, 08:03 PM
This may be the wrong section but I was wandering if anyone knows that since I am on probation if I could still join or would I have to wait till I am off.

NOPE.. what was the charge.. depending on it you already canceled yourself out

Blitanicle99
01-14-2008, 08:06 PM
If you have felonies you will not be accepted.
However... depending on your charges, probation officer, recruiter and a judge ruling... you may be able to get someone to override it if you go straight into boot camp and they see you are turning your life around. No BS, Ive seen it happen before with friends.

gijoe0720
01-14-2008, 08:08 PM
If you have felonies you will not be accepted.
However... depending on your charges, probation officer, recruiter and a judge ruling... you may be able to get someone to override it if you go straight into boot camp and they see you are turning your life around. No BS, Ive seen it happen before with friends.

No felonies. Just misdemeanors. Actually if I can go a year without gettin into any trouble not even a seat belt ticket none of that will go on my record. I am on a program that is called pre trial driversion right now

KPowerEP3
01-14-2008, 08:11 PM
You cant have any 'forcible' misdemeanors, either. Nothing involving violence.

gijoe0720
01-14-2008, 08:12 PM
The dui and possession is the only thing I got on me now. I have never been in trouble until then.

Blitanicle99
01-14-2008, 08:12 PM
I have no idea where you are located, but why not call up your prefferred recuiter... (Marines, Navy, Army, Air Force) and ask. Strings can be pulled depending what you want to do in the military. If your looking to do something like Seals, PM me. I got someone you should talk with.

NewGen33
01-14-2008, 08:13 PM
I remember watching a MTV True Life episode where the kid was trying to join the army but couldn't until his parole was up. Just call a recruiting office.

Schugg
01-14-2008, 08:29 PM

you will have to wait till your probation is over, or talk your your PO about getting off earlier. either way go ahead and see if a recruiter will let you start the whole process of joining. if they see your trying they may let you off, not just going to be like ok we believe you

Schugg
01-14-2008, 08:31 PM
The dui and possession is the only thing I got on me now. I have never been in trouble until then.

shouldnt matter, they ask if youve drank under age or smoked marijuana, and you can still get in if you have. next to everyone lies, but ive met plenty of people who admitted to smoking to the recruiter/meps and all them before they joined

gijoe0720
01-14-2008, 08:54 PM
shouldnt matter, they ask if youve drank under age or smoked marijuana, and you can still get in if you have. next to everyone lies, but ive met plenty of people who admitted to smoking to the recruiter/meps and all them before they joined

Yeah I have a friend who recently joined and he said he told the recruiter to give him two weeks after his birthday so he could pass a drug test

Leadfoot_mf
01-14-2008, 09:33 PM
I am on probation till December 5th for dui/drugs and possession of drugs
your in luck because of the war they will take anybody :goodjob:

korilee13
01-15-2008, 12:02 AM
also keep in mind if you were ever charged with a felony but it was dropped to a misdemeanor the army is prolly the only one that'll take you.

gijoe0720
01-15-2008, 01:03 AM
It was never a felony. It could have been 17 but they didn't charge me with the pills. Just had about 2 blunts worth of pot they charged me with. Once this year is up if I have not got into any trouble and pass all my drug test and pay off my fine and do my community service none of that stuff will go on my record.

gijoe0720
01-15-2008, 01:06 AM
And to answer your question Schugg I would like to go to the Air Force but I heard that is the one I would most likely not be able to get into. My uncle used to be a recruiter for the air force after he retired from being an officer. If he still was a recruiter I would go out to Montgomery and talk to him and see if he could help me.

korilee13
01-15-2008, 01:56 AM
if he's retired he still may be able to pull some strings. i'd try it if i were you.

and by charged i mean like at time of arrest you were charged with a felony and misdemeanor, and maybe you took a guilty plea and convicted of just possesion mary j.
and fyi even if it says exsponged the military can still see all that ish. including the police report

gijoe0720
01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
if he's retired he still may be able to pull some strings. i'd try it if i were you.

and by charged i mean like at time of arrest you were charged with a felony and misdemeanor, and maybe you took a guilty plea and convicted of just possesion mary j.
and fyi even if it says exsponged the military can still see all that ish. including the police report

The only thing is that we have kept it from everyone else in our family except for the ones who live around here so he doesn't know about that.

Schugg
01-15-2008, 04:52 PM

they may be able to see it but they dont check or something, i have a higher than normal security clearence, which involves a deeper investigation on my background and all that, questioning my family and friends. and i know i left plenty out on my record and i havent heard anything. maybe cause it was all traffic violations.

Pickleteg
01-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah guy, I have a Top Secret security clearance since I work on military intelligence electronics and I ADMITTED to the investigator that I smoked weed in high school. As far as drug use goes I think the ones that kill you are intent to sell and actual trafficing.