PDA

View Full Version : Drift events

JDMracer16
08-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Are there any legal drift events coming up?

CodyW
08-03-2005, 07:27 PM
yup...

US Drift Xtreme Nats
August 14th, Virginia Motorsports Park VA

DG Trials D- Day 7
September 3rd, Ocala Grand Prix FL

SEDA's "Drift 911"
September 11th, Prince Of Orange Mall SC

DG Trials Southern Fried Slide 4
October 1, Turner Field GA

more info on most of these is available at www.southeastdrift.com or www.dgtirals.com

JDMracer16
08-03-2005, 07:55 PM
thanx man

JDMracer16
08-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Is the site wrong because its out of order and says the DG Trials take place Sept. 10th? Just wondering cause im looking forward to it. Also, will anybody be able to drift or is it just pros and sponsered people like that?

CodyW
08-03-2005, 08:58 PM
they actually just changed the date (if you check the homepage of DGtrials, it's listed there). also, anyone can enter all of the events i listed as long as you have a RWD car that passes tech inspection, a helmet (which you can sometimes borrow if necessary), and a couple of extra tires (not required, but highly reccomended :) ).

lazyboi444
08-03-2005, 09:39 PM
it's very recommended to have extra tires because i at DG Trials i know for fact that you will get alot of runs enough to where you will go through a set maybe in the rear!

lazyboi444
08-03-2005, 09:42 PM
hey CodyW weren't you at slide or die that just past? So how do you think you did ?

CodyW
08-03-2005, 10:06 PM
yea, i've been at every event we've had so far this year.
at the last one, i was quite happy with the way i did after i got some stuff figured out with that course setup. as you probably saw, it was a very high speed entry corner which i hadn't done before, but once i started trying it in 3rd gear i got it down pretty quick (before that, i had some issues with that first turn). unfortunately, that was about haflway through the day and around this time my car decided that it wanted to pop out one of my I/C pipes just about every run so i only got about 3 good laps before i had to call it a day with my car. luckily, my friend in the gold S14 w/black wheels and a CF hood let me drive his for the final 6 laps and it did pretty good, aside from having crazy body roll and rough transitions since it was on stock suspension. overall, it was a blast though and i can't wait to get out there and try that setup again at the next event, maybe i can hit some 70+ mph entries this time around :).

lazyboi444
08-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Hopefully i will have my car sometime next week and so then i can drive my own car which what i have been panting for because i hate watching you guys have so much fun and i don't have the car to do it in! But i don get to ride with dennis and tony sometimes but nobody else offers rides! But when i get my car i will try to be in the event but i'm new to drifting i've tried a couple of times in my moms sc it's kinda hard seeing that it is a automatic! but oh well something to practice in! What LSD setup do you have ?

JDMracer16
08-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Is there a deadline to register by or just before the event?

lazyboi444
08-03-2005, 11:30 PM
for which drift event? Seda's is pre-reg stops on september the 10 but you can still register at the gate for higher price. DG trials you can pre-register but it has to be early because slots fill up very very quick so i advise if you entering either one register as soon as it is available! Good advise !

JDMracer16
08-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Ok well if slots fill up quick and a lot of big guys go out there i prolly will not register just because im not the best drifter. Still kinda learning, but thanx for the help! Oh yea DG trials.

lazyboi444
08-03-2005, 11:46 PM
well the thing is there aren't alot of big guys out there who are like really really good! they just wanna go out there and practice! because there are some ppl who dont do good and they have some good cars. These events are just here just for ppl like you and who every,who has little experience, to have a safe way to practicing and getting instructions on what to change or what not on their style! the only big names at Slide or die is tony and eric and dennis but even them like everybody else are there to work on their skills. so don't be afraid to come out it's fun and a good drifting learning experience.... Just make sure your car is setup! What is yo setup? like what all do you have on your car?

CodyW
08-04-2005, 01:35 AM
yea, these are practice events and are for everyone, regardless of experience. myself and a lot of others that are slowly getting better got started at these events last year and they are guaranteed to teach you a ton and get you learning a lot about the sport. oh, and you forgot andysapp in the black BMW and marty in the primered miata, they're both "big name" formula D drivers too (gotta show some love for my teammates :) ).

oh, and i'd be glad to offer rides but DG prefers that only other drivers and media people ride along. if you come to a SEDA event feel free to track me down and i'll be glad to give you one as long as my car is running ok. oh, and i just have a J30 VLSD in my car right now (eventually wanna get a nicer kaaz diff, but don't really have the money right now).

lazyboi444
08-04-2005, 02:06 AM
Oh yea i forgot about marty in the miata but andy i've never met him before! But at the last slide or die he was rippin it up most to all of his runs were good and i liked when him and marty were running i believe tandem it was nice! Hey and thanks for the offer man! By the way i'm the guy who was working the gate my name is PJ! Thanks for the ride offer and hope to see you at both the events! Also do you know whether Finish line has a website?

HiPSI
08-04-2005, 09:19 AM
Ok well if slots fill up quick and a lot of big guys go out there i prolly will not register just because im not the best drifter. Still kinda learning, but thanx for the help! Oh yea DG trials.

sounds like someone's skurred...

seriously though, that's what these events are for. nobody cares how good you are, as long as you show up and are willing to learn you will have the most fun you've ever had. that is why these events happen. if you show up with a big head and don't want to take anyone's advice then it'll be a tough day for you, but if you're open to a little help from some of the more experienced drivers you will find yourself doing stuff you wouldn't think you'd pick up on the first day out. you may not think you're very good, but if you've only screwed around on the street (you'll never really get good that way btw) then a DG or SEDA event will open your eyes, because you'll learn more in your first 2 laps out there than spending hours in a parking lot at night somewhere. the courses are set up so you don't have to think about "what will i hit?" or "will i get in trouble for this?". with your mind at ease you can really focus on what you're doing and have a hell of a good time.

cliff's notes: enter an event, nobody will laugh..... in front of you :D

quazar
08-04-2005, 10:26 AM
lol.. we ain't on the mountains of akina or the gunma area in japan.. so learning on the streets is futile.

our events are setup for people to learn how to drift.. thats why we even have instructors that can ride-a-long with you.

JDMracer16
08-04-2005, 11:00 PM
well the thing is there aren't alot of big guys out there who are like really really good! they just wanna go out there and practice! because there are some ppl who dont do good and they have some good cars. These events are just here just for ppl like you and who every,who has little experience, to have a safe way to practicing and getting instructions on what to change or what not on their style! the only big names at Slide or die is tony and eric and dennis but even them like everybody else are there to work on their skills. so don't be afraid to come out it's fun and a good drifting learning experience.... Just make sure your car is setup! What is yo setup? like what all do you have on your car?93 240sx Coupe w/ SR20DET red top, 300zx 5lug, brake upgrade, LSD, K&N intake, Walboro 255 fp, Apexi GT dp, custom tp, Dual N1 exhaust. In the middle of plugs, wires and a FMIC. Coilovers soon to come!

lazyboi444
08-05-2005, 12:11 AM
93 240sx Coupe w/ SR20DET red top, 300zx 5lug, brake upgrade, LSD, K&N intake, Walboro 255 fp, Apexi GT dp, custom tp, Dual N1 exhaust. In the middle of plugs, wires and a FMIC. Coilovers soon to come!

Well then you have no problem in the lsd department , and you don't have to worry about one of your studs or whole wheel riding next to you since you have a 5 lug conversion. And you have brake upgrades which plays a key role in drifting and many people don't think so ! and you have a sr20 which you don't need because you can drift with a ka because there is plenty of power to drift with it but your setup is great to drift in ! So don't be scared and who cares if ppl laugh you are learning how to drift or sharpening your skills! so come out and meet some new ppl and have some fun because thats what these events are all about! Also if i get my car in time that will be my first drift event so you are not alone!

HiPSI
08-07-2005, 11:49 AM
JDMracer16, come to SEDA's Drift 911 for your first event, i guarantee you you'll have a bigass smile on your face all day. i will be there and likely instructing along with a few other guys so if you need any pointers we'll be hanging around the grid with helmets in hand ready to help out.

Rhoad Racing
08-10-2005, 07:39 PM
JDMracer......there will be a lot of new drifters at Drift 911, so dont' feel like you have to link the whole track your time out; hardly anyone does. And like HiPSI stated....SEDA and DG Trials are here to help you. I can assure you that you will learn more during that one day then you will in the next month "street drifting"

Marty
08-11-2005, 08:30 AM
JDMracer......there will be a lot of new drifters at Drift 911, so dont' feel like you have to link the whole track your time out; hardly anyone does. And like HiPSI stated....SEDA and DG Trials are here to help you. I can assure you that you will learn more during that one day then you will in the next month "street drifting"

Exactly. DG has 4 instructors, and SEDA has 3.

CodyW
08-11-2005, 09:48 AM
http://www.driftmechaniks.com/forum/images/avatars/22871462642efcbd44bc17.jpg

Marty
08-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

Who made that??? :tongue:

technoteg97
08-11-2005, 03:12 PM
sweet..I gotta check some of these events out

CodyW
08-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

Who made that??? :tongue:

rumor has it, one of those pro DRIFT RACERS is behind it :)

quazar
08-11-2005, 07:43 PM
rumor has it.. he spent nearly a month alone on the quakeproof.

JDMracer16
08-11-2005, 10:14 PM
JDMracer16, come to SEDA's Drift 911 for your first event, i guarantee you you'll have a bigass smile on your face all day. i will be there and likely instructing along with a few other guys so if you need any pointers we'll be hanging around the grid with helmets in hand ready to help out.where is Drift 911, and how much does it cost?

CodyW
08-12-2005, 12:36 AM
i really need to get my quakeproof setup before the next event :).

oh, and it's in orangeburg SC and is $75. go here for more info: http://southeastdrift.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1630