Brett
01-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Letter a woman wrote, thought it was interesting read

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it
not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11,
2001?"

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not
brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac
from our nati on's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a
horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was
'desecrated' when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it
wet?...Well, I don't. I don't care at all.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and
repents for incinerating all those innocent ! people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East
start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in
Saudi Arabia .

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for
hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so -called 'insurgents' in Iraq come out
and fight like men instead of! disres pecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in
search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their
suicide bombs.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their
First Amendment libberties are somehow derived from international law instead
of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine
roughi! ng up a n Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who
have been humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest
assured: I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is
told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to
the bank: I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a
prayer mat, and fed 'special' food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is &n! bsp;
complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely
believe in your heart of hearts: I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled
'Koran' and other times 'Quran.' Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and-you guessed
it-I don't care!!

1000cckiller
01-14-2008, 10:58 AM
ironic

isa2o3
01-14-2008, 11:07 AM
r u accusing muslims for all this or just the terrorists? because when u say "Was it or was it
not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11,
2001?," i get the felling ur including all of them.

Vayda
01-14-2008, 11:12 AM
I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in
search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their
suicide bombs.

Nirvana's buddhist or Jainist, not Islamic. Get it right.

mocha latte cupcake
01-14-2008, 11:15 AM
i thought they were a band? :thinking:

AlanŽ
01-14-2008, 11:33 AM
brett was this in an email or something or did you come up with this on your own. I still stand by the argument that 9/11 was our own damn fault. Not we as citizens but our government.

Our foreign policy the last 30 or so year has been picking the lesser of two evils and then once they become useless to us we abandon them which in the end is why 9/11 happened.People need to pick up a high school history book and start reading from the cold war to understand why we are in this prediciment in the first place.

Brett
01-14-2008, 11:46 AM
It was a email, I DID NOT WRITE THE LETTER!!! But alot of it was deep so I thought people may enjoy the read.

Jaimecbr900
01-14-2008, 12:19 PM
It was a email, I DID NOT WRITE THE LETTER!!! But alot of it was deep so I thought people may enjoy the read.

You should have included the final part of that as well.....don't be scared....;) :D

brett was this in an email or something or did you come up with this on your own. I still stand by the argument that 9/11 was our own damn fault. Not we as citizens but our government.

Our foreign policy the last 30 or so year has been picking the lesser of two evils and then once they become useless to us we abandon them which in the end is why 9/11 happened.People need to pick up a high school history book and start reading from the cold war to understand why we are in this prediciment in the first place.

Young man, seriously, have you started smoking crack lately? :thinking: Some of your comments are about as off the mark as I've seen from anyone in quite some time.

We may not have a perfect gov't. We may not be perfect people. But where in the world do you get the idea that in order to repay for imperfection you have to take a 747 and fly it into a building full of those same exact INNOCENT CITIZENS even YOU acknowledge were not at fault? What kind of lunatic idiocy is that? You must be a radical Muslim, because that is the exact same logic process they use to justify their evil misdeeds. I believe in eye for an eye. You kill, then I kill you.....but why are you trying to shoot the executioner??? So if the U.S. goes overseas to defend an ally....WE should be the ones bearing the brunt of the retribution from the radicals???? Ummm, HELLOOOOOO.:thinking:

You want to know what this is about? It's about radical people trying to force the rest of the world to conform to their idealogy. That's it. Bottomline. I guess we should just use all our 2.5 gazillion bombs we have available to just blow the rest of the world that doesn't agree with us to the afterlife, huh? If radical MUSLIMS had those 2.5 gazillion bombs.....do you think they would wait for the U.N. to give them permission to use them???? Yeah, right! :rolleyes:

Newsflash, the U.S. is HATED in many many parts of the world. I'd venture to guess that far more people HATE the U.S. than like them. Why? Mostly because they feel we meddle into everyone's business. Ironically enough, when those same countries that spend 364 days of the year b!tching about the U.S. get invaded by some fanatical enemy......WHO do THEY call first to come and help them fight the fight????? Hmmmmmmm, I WONDER.....:rolleyes: Exhibit A= FRANCE.

Honestly, I don't see any justification for the 9/11 attack. NONE. I'm sure atleast 2,974 families will agree with me. Wanna bet? ;)

AlanŽ
01-14-2008, 12:30 PM
You should have included the final part of that as well.....don't be scared....;) :D

Young man, seriously, have you started smoking crack lately? :thinking: Some of your comments are about as off the mark as I've seen from anyone in quite some time.

We may not have a perfect gov't. We may not be perfect people. But where in the world do you get the idea that in order to repay for imperfection you have to take a 747 and fly it into a building full of those same exact INNOCENT CITIZENS even YOU acknowledge were not at fault? What kind of lunatic idiocy is that? You must be a radical Muslim, because that is the exact same logic process they use to justify their evil misdeeds. I believe in eye for an eye. You kill, then I kill you.....but why are you trying to shoot the executioner??? So if the U.S. goes overseas to defend an ally....WE should be the ones bearing the brunt of the retribution from the radicals???? Ummm, HELLOOOOOO.:thinking:

You want to know what this is about? It's about radical people trying to force the rest of the world to conform to their idealogy. That's it. Bottomline. I guess we should just use all our 2.5 gazillion bombs we have available to just blow the rest of the world that doesn't agree with us to the afterlife, huh? If radical MUSLIMS had those 2.5 gazillion bombs.....do you think they would wait for the U.N. to give them permission to use them???? Yeah, right! :rolleyes:

Newsflash, the U.S. is HATED in many many parts of the world. I'd venture to guess that far more people HATE the U.S. than like them. Why? Mostly because they feel we meddle into everyone's business. Ironically enough, when those same countries that spend 364 days of the year b!tching about the U.S. get invaded by some fanatical enemy......WHO do THEY call first to come and help them fight the fight????? Hmmmmmmm, I WONDER.....:rolleyes: Exhibit A= FRANCE.

Honestly, I don't see any justification for the 9/11 attack. NONE. I'm sure atleast 2,974 families will agree with me. Wanna bet? ;)

I didnt say there was any justification for 9/11 but please correct me if i'm wrong. Durring the Cold War was Afghanistan was being invaded by the Russians. At the time bin Laden was one of the heads of the militia trying to force out the Russians. And what did we do? We didn't want to be directly involved so we cent C.I.A. operatives in to help train Bin Laden's militia. We supplied them with money and weapons and when it was all over we left. Here is where the hatred for us from bin laden comes in. Durring the 90's there was plenty of intelligence that would have allowed us to get bin laden but because of lack of co-operation between agencies we didn't then durng the late 90's we knew there was going to be an attack. we had tracked most of the hijackers from several meetings in the middle east back to the U.S. and they didn't even try to hide. Most of them WERE LISTED IN THE YELLOW PAGES!!!!!And we still didn't go after them.Tell me based off all that, that the government isn't slightly responsible for 9/11 when it was preventable.

AlanŽ
01-14-2008, 12:40 PM
What's the final part of this I'm intrested

Not really hopefully by now you read the above post and realize what I meant.

To be completely honest i'm having a little trouble undertanding what you mean.No we are not a perfect gov't or people but because of the foreign policy we had back during the cold war 9/11 happend again read previous post. I agree with the eye for an eye stament in this respect because otherwise we would continue having attacks on our soil which is not what we want obvously. No we shouldn't have to bear the brunt I agree in this respect as well.

That's what the war on terror is about but again the deep root of the issue on 9/11 is what I said in my post above. I am honestly glad we went in without the permission of the U.N. that's part of the problem why Bin Laden has not been captured yet. (If he is even alive still). We had multiple times to pull the trigger on bin laden but operatives were not able to get approval again going back to what I said about the government is partially at fault for 9/11.

Thank you captian obvious(no disrespect but this just obvious or we wouldn't be having this discussion.) and your absolutely right the hypocracy of politics never ceases to amaze me.

Neither do I but if we are going to meddle in other people's affairs we have to at least see the issue through to the end.

Jaimecbr900
01-14-2008, 01:16 PM
What's the final part of this I'm intrested

It references God, so that's why Brett is scared of it.....:ninja: :D

Not really hopefully by now you read the above post and realize what I meant.

Not a clue what you mean.

To be completely honest i'm having a little trouble undertanding what you mean.No we are not a perfect gov't or people but because of the foreign policy we had back during the cold war 9/11 happend again read previous post. I agree with the eye for an eye stament in this respect because otherwise we would continue having attacks on our soil which is not what we want obvously. No we shouldn't have to bear the brunt I agree in this respect as well.

You went back and forth here. YOU eluded to the idea that it was OUR fault that 9/11 happened. I replied that I see no reason to JUSTIFY 9/11 with ANY reasoning.

That's what the war on terror is about but again the deep root of the issue on 9/11 is what I said in my post above. I am honestly glad we went in without the permission of the U.N. that's part of the problem why Bin Laden has not been captured yet. (If he is even alive still). We had multiple times to pull the trigger on bin laden but operatives were not able to get approval again going back to what I said about the government is partially at fault for 9/11.

See, here you are again eluding to the possibility that the 9/11 attacks were somehow OUR fault.

I want to know how you think so.

Neither do I but if we are going to meddle in other people's affairs we have to at least see the issue through to the end.

There are a lot of intricate reasons why the U.S. fights overseas. Personally, I wish they would do it less anyway, but sometimes it's a necessary evil. For example, there are times when the only reason we're involved is that we have our own bases there. Sometimes it's a domino effect. It may not be a totally direct effect on us, but if we allow certain elements to take over a region for example then it would eventually effect us.

What I'm trying to say is that although I totally agree that we get into everybody's business way too much, there are many times where public opinion is wrong about the reasons we do.

AlanŽ
01-14-2008, 01:19 PM
You went back and forth here. YOU eluded to the idea that it was OUR fault that 9/11 happened. I replied that I see no reason to JUSTIFY 9/11 with ANY reasoning.
This what i was talking about when I said my above post and how it's kinda our own fault. Again not justifying it but a little background on the matter

I didnt say there was any justification for 9/11 but please correct me if i'm wrong. Durring the Cold War was Afghanistan was being invaded by the Russians. At the time bin Laden was one of the heads of the militia trying to force out the Russians. And what did we do? We didn't want to be directly involved so we cent C.I.A. operatives in to help train Bin Laden's militia. We supplied them with money and weapons and when it was all over we left. Here is where the hatred for us from bin laden comes in. Durring the 90's there was plenty of intelligence that would have allowed us to get bin laden but because of lack of co-operation between agencies we didn't then durng the late 90's we knew there was going to be an attack. we had tracked most of the hijackers from several meetings in the middle east back to the U.S. and they didn't even try to hide. Most of them WERE LISTED IN THE YELLOW PAGES!!!!!And we still didn't go after them.Tell me based off all that, that the government isn't slightly responsible for 9/11 when it was preventable.

Brett
01-14-2008, 01:34 PM

Damn you my boy!!! :D

Jaimecbr900
01-14-2008, 03:54 PM
I didnt say there was any justification for 9/11 but please correct me if i'm wrong.

I still stand by the argument that 9/11 was our own damn fault.

That sure sounds like you're trying to point the finger at someone else besides the actual culprits to me.....which is just like justifying it.....:thinking: ;)

Durring the Cold War was Afghanistan was being invaded by the Russians. At the time bin Laden was one of the heads of the militia trying to force out the Russians. And what did we do? We didn't want to be directly involved so we cent C.I.A. operatives in to help train Bin Laden's militia. We supplied them with money and weapons and when it was all over we left. Here is where the hatred for us from bin laden comes in. Durring the 90's there was plenty of intelligence that would have allowed us to get bin laden but because of lack of co-operation between agencies we didn't then durng the late 90's we knew there was going to be an attack. we had tracked most of the hijackers from several meetings in the middle east back to the U.S. and they didn't even try to hide. Most of them WERE LISTED IN THE YELLOW PAGES!!!!!And we still didn't go after them.Tell me based off all that, that the government isn't slightly responsible for 9/11 when it was preventable.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Why would we EVER elect a Democrat since Clinton had Bin Laden literally in the cross hairs and would NOT ok them to take him out? Why would we EVER vote for a Republican after Nixon's mess? Point? Just because one administration screws up doesn't give ANYONE the right to come back and retaliate against INNOCENT PEOPLE. Embargo the country, don't send us coffee, sell us more expensive oil.....fine. BUT to come over and kill INNOCENT PEOPLE by the thousands just because you're pissed off about something that happened decades ago?????? Helloooooo, that still makes no sense. If that were the case, why don't we just go bomb half of Europe for sending over immigrants by the millions at the turn of the century? Why don't we just bomb Saudi Arabia for charging us so much for oil? It's all very ludicrous to justify flying a hi-jacked airplane into a building full of people that probably had zero to do with your unhappiness. Sounds a lot like reparations for slaves. What the hell do WE have to do with slavery today??? Nothing, yet people want US to pay for what WE didn't have any part of......kinda like Muslim radicals wanting to MURDER innocent people to prove a point. It's wrong, period. No matter what their justification is, it's wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

AlanŽ
01-14-2008, 04:22 PM
That sure sounds like you're trying to point the finger at someone else besides the actual culprits to me.....which is just like justifying it.....:thinking: ;)

Hindsight is always 20/20. Why would we EVER elect a Democrat since Clinton had Bin Laden literally in the cross hairs and would NOT ok them to take him out? Why would we EVER vote for a Republican after Nixon's mess? Point? Just because one administration screws up doesn't give ANYONE the right to come back and retaliate against INNOCENT PEOPLE. Embargo the country, don't send us coffee, sell us more expensive oil.....fine. BUT to come over and kill INNOCENT PEOPLE by the thousands just because you're pissed off about something that happened decades ago?????? Helloooooo, that still makes no sense. If that were the case, why don't we just go bomb half of Europe for sending over immigrants by the millions at the turn of the century? Why don't we just bomb Saudi Arabia for charging us so much for oil? It's all very ludicrous to justify flying a hi-jacked airplane into a building full of people that probably had zero to do with your unhappiness. Sounds a lot like reparations for slaves. What the hell do WE have to do with slavery today??? Nothing, yet people want US to pay for what WE didn't have any part of......kinda like Muslim radicals wanting to MURDER innocent people to prove a point. It's wrong, period. No matter what their justification is, it's wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

I agree with you 100% on everything you have said throughout the entirety this thread let me clarify what I meant in my previous statements then I think everything will be clear. What i have been trying to say is that there is no way to justify the attacks on 9/11 AT ALL. No reason or cituation will ever justify it. What I am saying is that the government, is partially responsible for the attack ever happeneing there is a reason that the we have agencies like the CIA and FBI and it is to protect the country. With that in mind, with the amount of intelligence we had and as many chances as we had to nip it in the bud 9/11 shouldn't have happened but because of the lack of co-operation between agencies and the inability to come to the decision to pull the trigger with bin laden it did. Now does me saying that mean with absolute certianty that something like it never would have happened. Absolutely not. But was the cituation preventable even up to within a few months of the attacks. :yes: . See what I'm saying now. I'm only "pointing the finger" at the government for there inability to prevent something like 9/11 from happening not the cause. The cause was there long before bin laden because of what you said. The sheer number of countries in the world that hate us.

richbaker
01-15-2008, 12:08 AM

well for me, i think that's what they call the sound of revenge!

Cali Car Duster Original California Dry Blade Squeegee (http://www.car-stuff.com/brandmap/cali_car_duster_original_dry_blade_squeegee.html) | Cali Car Duster Original Water Blade Squeegee (http://www.car-stuff.com/brandmap/cali_car_duster_original_water_blade_squeegee.html )

SloWRX
01-15-2008, 05:36 AM
Letter a woman wrote, thought it was interesting read

letter doesnt count, look who wrote it.

Reaper
01-15-2008, 06:11 AM
Alan stop arguing..Jaime isn't going to lose this one lol

soul
01-15-2008, 07:08 AM
tru that its hard to win an argument when your on the side argueing on the justification of radical action and senseless mass murder......

Jaimecbr900
01-15-2008, 08:39 AM
well for me, i think that's what they call the sound of revenge!

Please don't tell me you're going to try and justify mass murder of INNOCENT people too????? :thinking:

And the reason is.......

tru that its hard to win an argument when your on the side argueing on the justification of radical action and senseless mass murder......

Thank you both for understanding where I'm coming from. :goodjob:

RandomGuy
01-15-2008, 09:27 AM
I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East
start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in
Saudi Arabia .

lol thats straight up BS

most of that is just straight up racist bs.

After watching a bunch of documentaries on it, I no longer think us "terrorists" did the acts of 9/11. I just feel as if it was orchestrated (i know its a bit out there) to have such a rash, sudden change in foreign policy, to act like a catalyst for example... On a side note, like 11 of the "alleged" hijackers that flew the planes have turned up alive...

And why didn't they lead up an investigation to ground zero until waaay later? That's what I don't get.

Jaimecbr900
01-15-2008, 09:32 AM
lol thats straight up BS

After watching a bunch of documentaries on it, I no longer think us "terrorists" did the acts of 9/11. I just feel as if it was orchestrated (i know its a bit out there) to have such a rash, sudden change in foreign policy, to act like a catalyst for example... On a side note, like 11 of the "alleged" hijackers that flew the planes have turned up alive...

And why didn't they lead up an investigation to ground zero until waaay later? That's what I don't get.

Somebody better call Hassan a tow truck. His car must have a cracked manifold, because he has obviously ingested a ton of crazy gas......:lmfao: :lmfao:

Did you change your name to Michael Moore and didn't tell us???? :lmfao: :lmfao:

RandomGuy
01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Somebody better call Hassan a tow truck. His car must have a cracked manifold, because he has obviously ingested a ton of crazy gas......:lmfao: :lmfao:

Did you change your name to Michael Moore and didn't tell us???? :lmfao: :lmfao:
lol duuuuuuuude

You have to admit... That there is a LOT about the attacks that is held from the public and there is definitely something fishy going on about it. AT LEAST. Even if it was carried out by Islamic fundamentalists, there is something super fishy about it (ie stock market prior to attacks, investigation, sudden change in foreign policy... etc) I dunno?

Jaimecbr900
01-15-2008, 01:30 PM
I don't know Hassan. A lot of that I attribute to after thoughts and speculations. It's easy to misconstrue a coincidence with a "sign" AFTER the fact, you know? Wasn't there some theorists that concluded that the number 9-1-1 was some kind of sign or somehow connection between the Koran and the attacks or something like that? It's just too easy to come up with a reason after you know the answer. ;)

AlanŽ
01-15-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm not arguing I have said at least twice now that I agree with him all I am saying is that 9/11 was preventable. I have not once tried to justify it.

AlanŽ
01-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Please don't tell me you're going to try and justify mass murder of INNOCENT people too????? :thinking:

And the reason is.......

Thank you both for understanding where I'm coming from. :goodjob:
Jamie you must not have read what I said. I am not justifying the attacks I am simply saying why it happened and that it was completely utterly preventable. Put it to you this way and this is just an example so don't get all worked up and say oh well that would never happen or I would knee cap the guy(my favorite form of punishment). Say your wife was being carjacked. It happened on a busy street and a cop witnessed it yet did nothing to stop it. Your telling me that it wasn't preventable? The cop sits there and watches and does nothing.Same situation here. The government knew there was an attack being planned that there were terrorists in the U.S. and yet did nothing to stop it because of the lack of interagency coperation. AGAIN JUST SO THAT EVERYONE IS CLEAR. I AM NOT JUSTYIFYING. IT SIMPLY POINTING OUT REASONS WHY IT HAPPENED AND THAT IT WAS IN FACT PREVENTABLE. EVEN THE 9/11 COMISSION REPORT SAID THAT DUE TO THE LACK OF INTERAGENCY COPERATION NO ONE NABBED THESE GUYS BEFORE HAND.

AlanŽ
01-15-2008, 02:52 PM
lol thats straight up BS

You must have watched that 9/11 conspiracy tape that those stupid college kids made. I can't think of the name of it(Loose Change). It was very well put together in a videography manner but had so many holes it wouldn't have been able to hold a drop of water.

SampaGuy
01-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Whoever wrote that letter is pretty ****ing ignorant.

Turbo04
01-16-2008, 03:10 AM
AGAIN JUST SO THAT EVERYONE IS CLEAR. I AM NOT JUSTYIFYING. IT SIMPLY POINTING OUT REASONS WHY IT HAPPENED AND THAT IT WAS IN FACT PREVENTABLE. EVEN THE 9/11 COMISSION REPORT SAID THAT DUE TO THE LACK OF INTERAGENCY COPERATION NO ONE NABBED THESE GUYS BEFORE HAND.

When your on this side of history looking back, everything before hand could've been preventable. Could we have stopped WWII? Yes, it could've been prevented. Vietnam? Korea? Yep all preventable. That's a big problem in america today, everyone sits around saying " had we have done this, X would not have happened". Does it matter? Nope not in the least. The fact remains it did happen, now what do we do? Pointing fingers saying so and so shoudl've done this solves NOTHING. We should've removed hitler from power (and by we I mean the world) long before it got truly serious, yet no amount commisions and reports are gonna change the fact we did nothing until it was too late. I see it this way, the milk is spilled, get a BIG ****ing mop and clean it up.

Turbo04
01-16-2008, 03:15 AM
Whoever wrote that letter is pretty ****ing ignorant.

And how is it ignorant? Alot of what is says is true, maybe not 100% of it, but enough to be disturbing.