PDA

View Full Version : e-brake bypass?

THEONE
08-03-2005, 06:31 PM
how do i get my screen to come on while driving? its a alpine cva-1004 and it has that e-brake wire on it.

chuck
08-03-2005, 06:40 PM
for most units you just run a wire to a ground source...i've always hidden switches in mine though and kept the wire running to the e-brake.

never happened to me but i've heard of officers "field testing" peoples set-ups, asking them to turn on the screen and then pull the e-brake; if the screen stays on then they get a ticket.

Directech
08-03-2005, 07:05 PM
for most units you just run a wire to a ground source...i've always hidden switches in mine though and kept the wire running to the e-brake.

never happened to me but i've heard of officers "field testing" peoples set-ups, asking them to turn on the screen and then pull the e-brake; if the screen stays on then they get a ticket.

Actually You Are Wrong About Your Info...That Is Not True For ANY Alpine Unit Check Your Info Before Posting...You Have No Idea What It Takes On An Alpine...............

JM

THEONE
08-03-2005, 07:15 PM
the previous owner of the screen tried to hook it up to the e brake but had no luck so he had it installed by someone else.the had 2 switches hooked up to it and had to turn one on and toggle the other one 3 or 4 times then turn the other off then the screen would come on,i tried that but no luck i have no clue how to set it up like this.is there an easier way or does anyone have a wiring diagram for this?

David88vert
08-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Just get the PAC TR7. Easiest way if you don't already know how to bypass it.
http://www.mediaplace.nl/forum/about133152.html

dereksi
08-03-2005, 07:29 PM
I ran the ebrake wire to a switch and the switch to a ground. I have to flip the switch up then down for mine to work.

THEONE
08-03-2005, 07:35 PM
I ran the ebrake wire to a switch and the switch to a ground. I have to flip the switch up then down for mine to work.

will that work on my model?

b@d @pple
08-03-2005, 08:34 PM
hook up the foot brake wire(yellow black stripe i believe) to the foot brake switch,then put a switch on the yellow blue stripe wire and ground it,,the unit has to see a combination of power and ground...12v(footbrake )on, ground on ,off, on...release foot brake....in other werds...after all is hooked up...put your foot on the brake..fllip toggle swith on ,off, on then release foot brake!...this will werk until you cut the car off..ass soon as the ignition is lost the combonation will have to be done again...although while driving if you flip the swith to turn the video mode off,then all you have to do is flip the switch again,to get the picture back!

chuck
08-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Actually You Are Wrong About Your Info...That Is Not True For ANY Alpine Unit Check Your Info Before Posting...You Have No Idea What It Takes On An Alpine...............

JM
i'm sorry....where was i wrong about my info??

if you were just in a hurry and simply misread "most units" as "most alpines" then you can stop but if not, please read on.

i could understand if i said "most alpine units use a ground connection"...but did i say that??? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no. i said most units will hook up to the ground. i make sure not to just drop out anything unless i have a good idea of what i am talking about, i told mike all that i knew, just trying to help. so please from now on if i am wrong please correct me, that is the best way to learn. but, please NEVER try to tell me what i said and then tell me i am wrong, especially when you are trying to add words to my posts.

i'm not trying to start bad blood because i repect you and what you do, i did quite a bit of 12V work in high school, but yeah, just read the post, it makes sense...i said please

chuck
08-03-2005, 08:57 PM
and sorry for the confusion mike...i figured i would put out what i knew and others could put out what they knew...i'm sure you're smart enough to read it all and figure it out.

THEONE
08-03-2005, 09:15 PM
and sorry for the confusion mike...i figured i would put out what i knew and others could put out what they knew...i'm sure you're smart enough to read it all and figure it out.

maybe:)

Directech
08-03-2005, 10:06 PM
i'm sorry....where was i wrong about my info??

if you were just in a hurry and simply misread "most units" as "most alpines" then you can stop but if not, please read on.

i could understand if i said "most alpine units use a ground connection"...but did i say that??? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no. i said most units will hook up to the ground. i make sure not to just drop out anything unless i have a good idea of what i am talking about, i told mike all that i knew, just trying to help. so please from now on if i am wrong please correct me, that is the best way to learn. but, please NEVER try to tell me what i said and then tell me i am wrong, especially when you are trying to add words to my posts.

i'm not trying to start bad blood because i repect you and what you do, i did quite a bit of 12V work in high school, but yeah, just read the post, it makes sense...i said please

Why Would You Put "Most" Units When He Clearly Stated In His Original Post That It Was A CVA-1004......Makes No Sense To Me. Correct Me If I Am Wrong Chuck That Is An Alpine Manufactured Product Last Time That I Checked...............

chuck
08-04-2005, 06:53 AM
yeah no doubt its alpine...but its also a 'head unit' and most head units hook up that way...that was my take on it if it help ya understand where i was coming from. i guess i could have said, but i don't know for your specific model but i figured that was a given since i didn't say that i knew, i simply told him what i new. i knew it wasn't going to lcok the thread or anything after my reply either, so i figured if someone did know more so for the alpines that they could just come behind me and post up. like i said, i'm sure he can read all the posts and figure it out, i don't think he'd just read my post and go do that unless it was the only thing to go on, in that case it would have been somewhat difficult to do any serious damage by following my instructions...

i'm NOT just some idiot kid who trys to come across as a mr.know it all. i was about to transfer to ga tech with a 3.5 to finish my electrical engineering degree before i decided that i wanted to take up auto body instead. i'm sorry that i've never worked with an alpine in dash unit or I GUARENTEE i would have know and remembered this. it's just exposure, this is what you do for a living, this is what i do for fun...i was simply trying to help a friend out.

i guess maybe i am the only one who see's it this way...i'm not gonna keep going on and on about it though, i'm done in here, talk bad about me all you want now...just know i never said anything that wasn't true.

b@d @pple
08-04-2005, 09:39 AM
holy shit shut the fuck up...the original reason for this thread has been answered.......john shut up,chuck shut up...get over yourselves and move on to something else!

Sirius R
08-04-2005, 09:52 AM
holy shit shut the fuck up...the original reason for this thread has been answered.......john shut up,chuck shut up...get over yourselves and move on to something else!

Ahmen....

lol

XBLG20
08-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Just buy a PAC TR-7 and when you do it'll do the video bypass for you ... BTW John is always an ass

ChrisG
08-04-2005, 09:02 PM
lol get 'em JM ....... always stirring it up.........

08-04-2005, 10:14 PM
anyways if you dont want to do all the foot brake crap stop by Audio Pro and pick up a PTR-7 and all your problems will be solved...