PDA

View Full Version : So i quit smoking..........

Vteckidd
01-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Havent had a cig in about 2 weeks. its going good, no cravings.

But i got this ****ing cough that is KILLING Me. Ive been drinking tea and taking some cough medicine.

Anyone else have any suggestions, i heard the coughing goes away in a few days.

quickdodge®
01-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Anyone else have any suggestions,

http://www.scott-hill.co.uk/blog/content/binary/sperm_bank_deposit.jpg

Go there and make a withdrawal. Later, QD.

Maniac1
01-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I haven't had a cigarette since the Varisty, and im kinda in the mood for one. Especially at night when I have nothing to do.

Congrats though...

green91
congrats man, i haven't been a smoker but i've got respect for any one that tries to quit that ****.

Leisa
congrats to you...

AnthonyF
01-13-2008, 07:42 PM
congrats. look at the money you'll be saving. :goodjob:

Vteckidd
01-13-2008, 07:44 PM
yeah its amazing, i save like $20-30 a week. i was a pack a day smoker for the last 5 years.

I dont even miss it, ill get a HINT of a craving an then its gone.

I have so much more energy too now.

green91
01-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Now you can take up jogging or some ****!

BTLFED
01-13-2008, 07:49 PM
I plan on quitting smoking....after I get a new job.

Congrats to you my friend. :goodjob:

MIKE.P
01-13-2008, 07:49 PM
i thought about quiting but not a good time for me

Vteckidd
01-13-2008, 07:53 PM
yeah ive wanted to quit for awhile, but i always was so stressed ay my previous job that i smoked all the time.

I finally got to the point where it just didnt taste good anymore, i was always thirsty, no one else at BG smokes either.

I just didnt like it anymore, so i quit.

So far so good..........

RandomGuy
01-13-2008, 07:57 PM
me too... i haven't smoked a cig in 13 days (well i think i slipped up a few times, but its much better than 1 pack a day) -- a hit here a hit there, from friends.... but yeah haven't even done that for a week... and not even having craving anymore.

lol hookah helps tho (non tobacco of course, just the feeling of smoke passing thru helps every once in a while)

GET NICORETTE 4MG... i got that it helps immensely.. get the habit out, the psychological addiction out.. so u dont get up after every meal, or anything and step out to smoke... like your habit tells you to...

And then just fade out the gum and you're good.

green91
01-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Man if youve already quit cold turkey dont get the nicorette, it will just reintroduce nicotine into your system!

BTLFED
01-13-2008, 08:03 PM
yeah ive wanted to quit for awhile, but i always was so stressed ay my previous job that i smoked all the time.

I finally got to the point where it just didnt taste good anymore, i was always thirsty, no one else at BG smokes either.

I just didnt like it anymore, so i quit.

So far so good..........

Which is exactly why I smoke. Stressed the hell out all the time.

Thanks for calling me back on Friday....or this weekend like you said you were going to. :slap:

Nemesis
01-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Congrats dude, seriously. Keep it up.

Alan®
01-13-2008, 08:11 PM

But i got this ****ing cough that is KILLING Me. Ive been drinking tea and taking some cough medicine.

Congrats man. The couging usually goes a way within a few days. My buddy quit when it went into basic and after a bit he had the coughin thing. Turns out for him though it was just that his lungs went into shock. You should be fine in a few days though. I'm gonna quit here soon.

Boosted S60R
01-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Congrats on quitting man.

Vteckidd
01-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Which is exactly why I smoke. Stressed the hell out all the time.

Thanks for calling me back on Friday....or this weekend like you said you were going to. :slap:
dude i havent done **** LOL

My girl has been working like 15 hour shifts. ive been sitting at my house.

Next weekend, its on, ill PM you, ill need to get the oil changed this week for the last time on the silvia before i trade it too

ill call you tomorrow or swing by BG on your way home

itsjustdee
01-13-2008, 08:29 PM
i haven't had a cigarette since i found out i was pregnant. its been 9 months and i still have cravings......
good luck!!

BTLFED
01-13-2008, 08:29 PM
dude i havent done **** LOL

My girl has been working like 15 hour shifts. ive been sitting at my house.

Next weekend, its on, ill PM you, ill need to get the oil changed this week for the last time on the silvia before i trade it too

ill call you tomorrow or swing by BG on your way home

So? I can drink beer and hang out anywhere. :slap:

Call me (which you won't lol) :tongue1:

Leadfoot_mf
01-13-2008, 09:02 PM
So? I can drink beer and hang out anywhere. :slap:

Call me (which you won't lol) :tongue1:
you forgot to add smoke.

Frög
01-13-2008, 09:10 PM
your gonna gain weight..

Schugg
01-13-2008, 09:45 PM
haha i havent smoked in a month, the coughing is just your lungs repairing their self or something cant remember what i was told. not much you can do but wait for the cough to end. i used chantix for the first week and a half or so then i went from their without it. they expected me to use it 3 months, but it started causing aching pain in me chest/neck/jaw/ear. if it wasnt for that ide still be taking it cause the dreams are cool as hell. someone i work with told me he stopped taking it for 2 days, but the people made him start again and said after 2 days of not taking it and then jumping back on the 1mg pill he made him feel high. he told me to try it, havent yet, but i have like 5 weeks worth of that stuff.....haha, and ive gained 10 pounds since i quit

Vteckidd
01-13-2008, 09:51 PM
I quit cold turkey, ive been chewing regular gum

RandomGuy
01-13-2008, 09:58 PM
I quit cold turkey, ive been chewing regular gumthats 1337 as hell

i tried that a few times, never worked

rizzler
01-13-2008, 10:44 PM

tea with honey
congratz on quitting
hope that helps.

EJ25RUN
01-13-2008, 10:48 PM
im at 10 months.... just dont think about cigs and when people do smoke just stay away cause it helps cravings from coming.....also "let that smell" bother you. Just some suggestions that have kept me going.

Schugg
01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
yeah, i noticed they smell can make you sick feeling or bother you. but then there are some times where it smell so good but it doesnt make me want to go smoke, just smells good.

Hulud
01-13-2008, 11:19 PM

its probably been said, but that cough is just gettin the **** outta your lungs

just take some mucinex and it will help

that is honestly your only help

the mucinex will make your coughs more productive, but you want to cough that **** out.

btw.... i work in a pharmacy

good luck at quitting man, good job

if you need help talk to you doctor, chatix works like a charm

although it is $115/month for 4 moths

but hell that beats smoking a pack a day

xLSTONEx
01-14-2008, 01:03 AM
Did you take Chantix or anything? I'm on it seems to be working pretty well, 1 week in and gone from over a pack a day for 6 years to only 4 today. Saturday is my set quit date.

matthewAPM
01-14-2008, 01:19 AM
congrats man. my mom is trying to stop too.

keep it up!