PDA

View Full Version : Chappelle is Over ya'll

B16a2 Civic
08-03-2005, 04:49 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/03/tv.chappelle.sshow.ap/index.html

Actor: 'Chappelle's Show' is over

Wednesday, August 3, 2005; Posted: 2:06 p.m. EDT (18:06 GMT)

Comedy
Dave Chappelle
or Create Your Own
Manage Alerts | What Is This? NEW YORK (AP) -- Time to face the facts: Dave Chappelle's hit Comedy Central series isn't coming back, says one of its stars.

" 'Chappelle's Show' is over, man. Done," comic Charlie Murphy told TV Guide. "It took me a long time to be able to say those words, but I can say it pretty easy now, because it's the truth."

Chappelle's sudden "spiritual retreat" to South Africa on the eve of his show's third season has left the series in limbo since May. About half of a new season had been filmed before Chappelle left, Murphy said.

"I'm disappointed it ended the way it did, but I'm not angry with anybody," he said. " 'Chappelle's Show' was like the Tupac of TV shows. It came out, it got everybody's attention, it was a bright shining star, but it burned out and for some strange reason, it burned out quick."

Comedy Central has always said the door is open for Chappelle to return, spokeswoman Aileen Budow said Wednesday.

Network chief Doug Herzog met with Chappelle on June 3, but that has been their last communication, she said.

Murphy, the older brother of comic Eddie Murphy, said his two seasons with Chappelle made him a star.

"Now I can go out and do stand-up," he said. "I'm getting movie offers. It's off the hook. Me getting to the next level or whatever's going to happen is going to come from the next things I do, but 'Chappelle's Show' served its purpose and I'll always be grateful."

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Story Tools

Click Here to try 4 Free Trial Issues of Time!

Section PageVideoEW.comThe anti-home makeover show, sort of

• EW review: Generic Faith Hill
• My 'Jeopardy!' experience
• Actor: 'Chappelle's Show' is over Home PageVideoMost PopularFlight recorders recovered from Canada crash site

• Tiles fixed, shuttle managers eye blanket
• 14 Marines killed today in Iraq
• Autopsy: Police bullet blew away toddler's brain

ALLALAKAZARCACOCTDEDCFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIM NMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAW VWIWY

FUCKIN PISSED!!!!!!!!

eViLMunkey
08-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Hmm... charlie murphy eh.. could still be a prank being pulled on everyone...

smoxe
08-03-2005, 05:10 PM
I would believe it if Ashy Larry told us,not Charley..Damn that cat is dumb $50mill hell be back..If not hell be on SHowtime or HBO some shit like that..and I hope MTV doesnt pick it up cuz theyll ruin it

eViLMunkey
08-03-2005, 05:13 PM
more than likely he is working a deal w/ a major premium cable station so he doesn't have to be censored

B16a2 Civic
08-03-2005, 05:25 PM
if he did just dvd's he would still make a killing

Repost Squintz
08-03-2005, 09:45 PM
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!11111

kilpatty43
08-03-2005, 09:54 PM
life is so hard being a damn moviestar that he had to retreat to recover...give me a fuckin break

99ITRGIRL
08-03-2005, 10:41 PM
i never really watched it anyway

B16a2 Civic
08-04-2005, 09:22 AM
HMMM....some post are not even constructive to this thread....:mad:

rollin_hard
08-04-2005, 09:43 AM
[url]

• EW review: Generic Faith Hill
• My 'Jeopardy!' experience
• Actor: 'Chappelle's Show' is over Home PageVideoMost PopularFlight recorders recovered from Canada crash site

• Tiles fixed, shuttle managers eye blanket
• 14 Marines killed today in Iraq
• Autopsy: Police bullet blew away toddler's brain

FUCKIN PISSED!!!!!!!!

WTF is that shit? the autopsy one.

HyPer50
08-04-2005, 09:45 AM
WTF is that shit? the autopsy one.

I'd assume it's about the kid who got killed when the father used his own son as a human shield.

JustinSane110™
08-04-2005, 05:08 PM
life is so hard being a damn moviestar that he had to retreat to recover...give me a fuckin break
Yeah, since you know first hand about being a movie star and all :rolleyes: ... Only thing he did was go on a "vacation" to chill out for a bit cuz he did have a lot of pressure on him.

But anyways, back on topic before the flamefest starts up. That definitely sucks to hear that, got Family Guy back but lost Chappelle. Ah well, hopefully he'll be back. :goodjob:

B16a2 Civic
08-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah, since you know first hand about being a movie star and all :rolleyes: ... Only thing he did was go on a "vacation" to chill out for a bit cuz he did have a lot of pressure on him.

:lmao:...that my friend...was funnay FUNNAY