PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using H&R springs on their car???

JDMjoe
01-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Found a killer deal on some just wondering if anyone on here has used them before. I believe its the race version(2.5F & 2.25R)drop. Thanks

Mr. Clean
01-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Found a killer deal on some just wondering if anyone on here has used them before. I believe its the race version(2.5F & 2.25R)drop. Thanks

no there 1.4 or 1.7 i think he said... def. not 2.5.

the eibach's were the 2 inch drop.... geez man pay attention

bigdare23
01-12-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm using neuspeed springs (which are the same as h&r).

Those springs have a pretty high spring rate, so make sure you match a good strut with them (koni yellows). I'm rocking the sport version (since I'm not making a race car a) match with a set of gr2s and my car is only a tab bit stiff than stock.

JDMjoe
01-12-2008, 04:52 PM
no there 1.4 or 1.7 i think he said... def. not 2.5.

the eibach's were the 2 inch drop.... geez man pay attention
Eibach sportlines are 1.7, one set of h&r's are 2.5 and 2.25. But you don't remember for sure and im sure he doesn't either.

I'm using neuspeed springs (which are the same as h&r).

Those springs have a pretty high spring rate, so make sure you match a good strut with them (koni yellows). I'm rocking the sport version (since I'm not making a race car a) match with a set of gr2s and my car is only a tab bit stiff than stock.
Yeah honestly im gonna rock stock stuts because A im broke and B i have a second set of oem struts, but i have been looking around for some new struts. Im sure those oem struts will last maybe a month or two but it will be ok lol

bigdare23
01-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Eibach sportlines are 1.7, one set of h&r's are 2.5 and 2.25. But you don't remember for sure and im sure he doesn't either.

Yeah honestly im gonna rock stock stuts because A im broke and B i have a second set of oem struts, but i have been looking around for some new struts. Im sure those oem struts will last maybe a month or two but it will be ok lol

Atleast you realize that LOL

JDMjoe
01-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Atleast you realize that LOL
I saw some tokico hps for like 230 something free shipping so i may go with those.
I would like to get the eibachs instead but they ride higher in the front for some reason :thinking: If i get those i might be taking a half or full revolution out the springs.
You coming out to the honda meet tomorrow???

bigdare23
01-12-2008, 05:04 PM
I saw some tokico hps for like 230 something free shipping so i may go with those.
I would like to get the eibachs instead but they ride higher in the front for some reason :thinking: If i get those i might be taking a half or full revolution out the springs.
You coming out to the honda meet tomorrow???

well you can't go wrong with both springs :goodjob:

as for struts, I wouldnt go anything less than AGX's (even tho my setup isn't bad, I still kick myself now)

I may stop by, but I gotta do some homework 1st.

JDMjoe
01-12-2008, 09:10 PM
well you can't go wrong with both springs :goodjob:

as for struts, I wouldnt go anything less than AGX's (even tho my setup isn't bad, I still kick myself now)

I may stop by, but I gotta do some homework 1st.
Yeah i had AGX's on my old DC, i liked them but im on a budget until summer comes around *hopefully* Yeah man ride through, ill be the long haired hippie amidst the crowd. I might be in my blue hatch but im not sure yet....

The Yousef
01-12-2008, 09:11 PM
i have the H&R sport springs with tokico blue struts...i have them on the car for about 3 years now and they are absolutely wonderful. great combination of handling and comfort....

jadakid88
01-12-2008, 09:28 PM
i have some h&r race springs and kyb gr2's, very decent ride but i just dont like the hotrod stance. but other than that they were very nice.

JDMjoe
01-12-2008, 09:38 PM
i have some h&r race springs and kyb gr2's, very decent ride but i just dont like the hotrod stance. but other than that they were very nice.
Hotrod in the aspect of it being lower in the front than the rear?

jadakid88
01-12-2008, 09:45 PM
exactly, but thats only only when the car is at a stand still when your driving it levels off.
Hotrod in the aspect of it being lower in the front than the rear?

bigdare23
01-12-2008, 09:59 PM
exactly, but thats only only when the car is at a stand still when your driving it levels off.

huh?

jadakid88
01-12-2008, 11:01 PM
whats so confusing i said that on my at a stand still the car's drop would be lower in the front but when i was driving it would level off and the stance would equal.
huh?

bigdare23
01-12-2008, 11:04 PM
whats so confusing i said that on my at a stand still the car's drop would be lower in the front but when i was driving it would level off and the stance would equal.

It's not confusing, it just don't make sense. Your car even outs when driving, but jacks up (rear) when at a standstill. That doesn't sound great :???:

Elbow
01-13-2008, 07:57 AM
I had H&R race springs on my EF, loved them

jadakid88
01-13-2008, 09:30 AM
it wasnt a big difference and thats how most springs were made in the 90's especally for mkIII supras call them ask them about. they will tell you thats they made it. if the springs were at the same ride height, when you would launch o take off the rear would be lower than the front. so like i said before at a stand still the car would look sort of hot rodish and be lower in front than the rear, but on take off/driving the car would be the same ride height.
It's not confusing, it just don't make sense. Your car even outs when driving, but jacks up (rear) when at a standstill. That doesn't sound great :???:

JDMjoe
01-13-2008, 09:45 AM
I like the lower front especial on DC's.... Thanks for the replies everyone!

Rican219
01-13-2008, 09:52 AM
I Have H&R's They are awesome

bRiAnMcIvIcS
01-15-2008, 01:09 PM
I know you didnt mention Tein but get some Tein S Tech springs. Tein says the S Tech's are fine with OEM struts. Plus they will ride pretty good with tein's progressive spring rates(almost near stock). The tein s tech for a 92' civic lower it Approx. 1.8 F and 1.7 B. After you install them make sure to get an alignment or else you will be buyin new tires in 6 months.

mushroom_toy
01-15-2008, 02:02 PM
I Have H&R's They are awesome

bwahahahahaha at your sig.

speedminded
01-15-2008, 02:30 PM
You coming out to the honda meet tomorrow???Get a pair of cheap "coil-over" sleeves off ebay and raise or lower to even it up ;)

I know you didnt mention Tein but get some Tein S Tech springs. Tein says the S Tech's are fine with OEM struts. Plus they will ride pretty good with tein's progressive spring rates(almost near stock). The tein s tech for a 92' civic lower it Approx. 1.8 F and 1.7 B. After you install them make sure to get an alignment or else you will be buyin new tires in 6 months.Tein S-Techs go with stock shocks because they are nearly as soft as stock springs. The S-Techs are strictly for show, they have no benefit otherwise.

bRiAnMcIvIcS
01-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Get a pair of cheap "coil-over" sleeves off ebay and raise or lower to even it up ;)

Tein S-Techs go with stock shocks because they are nearly as soft as stock springs. The S-Techs are strictly for show, they have no benefit otherwise.

The benefit is that its gonna be lower with good ride quality. Ya dig!:goodjob:

speedminded
01-15-2008, 04:36 PM
The benefit is that its gonna be lower with good ride quality. Ya dig!:goodjob:How are springs made strictly for show going to offer a good ride quality? Unless you like the feel of a Crown Victoria.

B_Hoov
01-15-2008, 08:09 PM
mustang is SLAMMED on h&r's and it's stiff as $hit, has no body roll, straight up pitches sideways at 60+

bRiAnMcIvIcS
01-15-2008, 10:25 PM
How are springs made strictly for show going to offer a good ride quality? Unless you like the feel of a Crown Victoria.

Tein's website says nothing about the S Tech springs being "strictly for show" lowering springs. I dont know where your getting that from. No offence. I was merely tryin to help the guy out, he said that he didnt have the $ for new struts so i suggested the tein s tech. Crown Vic's ride pretty good by the way.lol. If you get H&R springs get the sports.:goodjob:

sogood
01-15-2008, 10:36 PM
H&R race springs are good springs, but they are a little on the soft side for the drop they give.

Also running them with stock shocks is an awful idea, but whatever works for ya'...

B_Hoov
01-16-2008, 08:51 PM
we have STIFF ones on the stang, 1000lb i believe w/tokicko 5 way adj and as i said before...rigid and stiff as can be!

speedminded
01-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Tein's website says nothing about the S Tech springs being "strictly for show" lowering springs. I dont know where your getting that from. No offence. I was merely tryin to help the guy out, he said that he didnt have the $ for new struts so i suggested the tein s tech. Crown Vic's ride pretty good by the way.lol. If you get H&R springs get the sports.:goodjob:http://www.tein.com/products/s_tech.html

http://www.tein.com/products/logo/s_tech.gif

Stylish Spec Dress Up Master ;)