PDA

View Full Version : my 240 got owned by a camry

crf150
01-11-2008, 09:55 PM
i got rearended today coming out of school. a kid slammed into me while i wasnt even moving. aparently i need safety reflecters on top of my bright red paint. im pretty sure the car is totaled. my books got knocked out of my trunk and i got ramed into the back of another car. the front looks just as bad as the back but it still runs. i cant be to mad i guess but i planned on keeping that car forever. it had the best looking interior of any i have seen. no stains, rips, scuffs, cracks anywhere. so im on the hunt for a new one as soon as i get my money from his insurance company. im gonna go get checked out by the doc in the morning my neck hurts like hell. got checked out today on my dads request but i wasnt sore then. oh well. guess ill get a obdi car now so i can modify it more.

do insurance companies pay FULL retail? he has statefarm.

The worst feeling in the world is having a airbag in the face and just knowing your car is done. my girlfriend was like "im so sorry, i know you loved that car more than me." that was my first real car.

PICS LATER

SicStang03
01-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Damn that sux..

You will get a fat check and get another..

crf150
01-11-2008, 10:09 PM
look great

Crazy Asian
01-11-2008, 10:12 PM
my girlfriend was like "im so sorry, i know you loved that car more than me." that was my first real car.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

R32Dragon
01-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Sorry man, time for a new one?

crf150
01-11-2008, 10:14 PM
yea i want MY CAR...but on to better things i guess. it was all his fault.

aaronfelipe
01-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Sorry to see that man. It blows when something you have out a lot of time and care gets crunched from a mistake.

thepolecat
01-11-2008, 10:27 PM
damn man- I dont know what Id do if I lost my civic

Echonova
01-11-2008, 10:33 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z246/Jeske_Couriano/BattleLawyers.jpg

The Ninja
01-11-2008, 11:08 PM
BWUAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHA

:lmfao:

The Ninja
01-11-2008, 11:10 PM
OK, I ACTUALLY READ YOUR POST, AND I REALIZE NOW...STATEFARM IS GAY. I'M STILL TRYING TO GET THE ****ING MONEY THEY OWE ME FOR FUCING UP MY WHOLE TRACK SEASON JUNIOR AND SENIOR YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL FROM THE ACCIDENT....SEARCH MY PSOTS YOU'LL FIND IT...

crf150
01-11-2008, 11:41 PM
we have allstate but my dad knows people who have state farm. i dont really know what your trying to say in your post. i really hope they dont screw with me.

Nismo
01-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Dude how fast was that kid going in the camry? Like 25? Its a parking lot not a race track..... Well actually I can see it, he does have a 4 door tC.......

crf150
01-11-2008, 11:49 PM
it was on the road...it was kinda like he didnt see me untill the last second i looked in the rear view and his car was tipping way forward but it was way to late.

SouthSide Tay
01-12-2008, 12:45 AM
sorry to hear this but it happens to the best of us. you will come out on top in the end. Good luck finding your next ride

ksniperfox
01-12-2008, 07:46 AM
sorry to hear this but it happens to the best of us. you will come out on top in the end. Good luck finding your next ride

it happens to the worst of you too.

changaroo
01-12-2008, 10:25 AM
sucks, but you definately arent gonna get full retail for the car... maybe current market value, which blows.

anyways, i would just buy it back and either swap the interior out or just sell it to offset some of the loss.

Nismo
01-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Yeah the retail value of that car is ****, the actual market value is another story though.

crf150
01-12-2008, 12:47 PM
ive got a lawyer on it now so i think ill get my money out of it.

BuBBa DRiFT
01-12-2008, 01:12 PM
yeha, insurance will give you KBB and anything you had covered (if you had full coverage) the rest will have to be taken up in civil court (which sucks cause it will be a LONG ass time before you take care of that ish)

not to take advantage of the situation or anything

but how many miles on the motor and are you willing to part out? im kidding, but if you ever do feel like selling wheels or motor let me know.

good luck though, its a beautiful zenki, i see it on 138 nearly everytime i go see my buddies in stockbridge.

crf150
01-12-2008, 02:17 PM
hey if they'd let me keep the motor and wheels or not pay to much for them ill definatetle let ya kno. i got my radio and my cai out of it. they might be up for sale

crf150
01-12-2008, 02:18 PM
oh and it had 140,000 on it. ran really strong.

Dr.G
01-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss man :( By the looks of your pic you definitely took a serious hit! Regardless the level of pain/discomfort you may be experiencing now, I highly recommend not only getting checked out by your primary care doc (if you haven't already) but more importantly a chiropractor. We are trained and far more skilled in handling soft tissue (muscles, tendons, ligaments) injuries- particularly the types of injuries stemming from motor vehicle accidents. In my years of practice I've found that most people are totally unknowledgeable of the long term detrimental effects of car accidents and the impact on their bodies and overall health months, and often years, following the accident. Simply put, no accident should be taken lightly (especially rear-end collisions) until determined so by a qualified doc trained in soft tissue injury.

I handle quite a bit of personal injury cases in my practice, and I have years of experience in dealing with the insurance companies and working conjointly with attorneys to substantiate claims. If I can be of any assistance, or if you have any questions, please feel free to pm me. Good luck with everything :goodjob:

isa2o3
01-12-2008, 07:00 PM
ask his insurance company for a rental car. it will force them to pay u as fast as they can because they have to pay for the rental car for however long u use it.

isa2o3
01-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss man :( By the looks of your pic you definitely took a serious hit! Regardless the level of pain/discomfort you may be experiencing now, I highly recommend not only getting checked out by your primary care doc (if you haven't already) but more importantly a chiropractor. We are trained and far more skilled in handling soft tissue (muscles, tendons, ligaments) injuries- particularly the types of injuries stemming from motor vehicle accidents. In my years of practice I've found that most people are totally unknowledgeable of the long term detrimental effects of car accidents and the impact on their bodies and overall health months, and often years, following the accident. Simply put, no accident should be taken lightly (especially rear-end collisions) until determined so by a qualified doc trained in soft tissue injury.

I handle quite a bit of personal injury cases in my practice, and I have years of experience in dealing with the insurance companies and working conjointly with attorneys to substantiate claims. If I can be of any assistance, or if you have any questions, please feel free to pm me. Good luck with everything :goodjob:

damn talk to him:yes:

HeLLo iM iZzY
01-12-2008, 07:18 PM
damn man- I dont know what Id do if I lost my civicYou gotta be kiddin me man.

LOLOL !

rizzler
01-12-2008, 08:17 PM

chiropracters are the **** i feel great after i come back from mine reps for you!

rizzler
01-12-2008, 08:17 PM
also sorry about the 240... i love those cars and hate to see em go.

SE-Rious1
01-12-2008, 08:22 PM
another 240 bites the dust damn sorry to hear it

skillzilla
01-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Sux dude, too bad really. Another clean Zenki down for the count :(

crf150
01-12-2008, 10:10 PM
yea man and i wanted your car. so im lookin for a 95 so i can put a sr20 in it and pass emissions.

skillzilla
01-12-2008, 10:18 PM
yeah OBD1 FTW

ahmonrah
01-12-2008, 11:02 PM
my girlfriend was like "im so sorry, i know you loved that car more than me." that was my first real car.
:goodjob: cool girlfriend!! i know that the car getting pounded sucked immensely. but now for a new one!

SouthSide Tay
01-12-2008, 11:30 PM
it happens to the worst of you too.
S U C K a D I C K

God
01-13-2008, 03:38 PM
see what happens when you drive a 240.
this should be a lesson to you all.

crf150
01-13-2008, 08:49 PM
we will build it stronger....faster....lighter...sexier.