PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Baghdad

BKgen®
01-11-2008, 03:07 PM
So my dad is stationed near downtown Baghdad and he told me in an email that it just snowed there :screwy: . WEIRD... considering it's probably never snowed there.. at least not in the past hundred or so years. Maybe it's an omen or something?

discuss

Dracc
01-11-2008, 03:08 PM
So my dad is stationed near downtown Baghdad and he told me in an email that it just snowed there :screwy: . WEIRD... considering it's probably never snowed there.. at least not in the past hundred or so years. Maybe it's an omen or something?

discuss

1st time in a decade that it was remotely cold as it is... 1st time in i think 20 years that its snowed ... my uncle sent the same email to all of us.. he's downtown to.. what platoon is your pops in

BKgen®
01-11-2008, 03:12 PM
1st time in a decade that it was remotely cold as it is... 1st time in i think 20 years that its snowed ... my uncle sent the same email to all of us.. he's downtown to.. what platoon is your pops in

He's a helicopter pilot for Blackwater.

edit: before i get any Blackwater comments, he WAS NOT INVOLVED in the incedent a little while back, and has assured me the media just blew it out of proportion.

soul
01-11-2008, 03:35 PM
He's a helicopter pilot for Blackwater.

edit: before i get any Blackwater comments, he WAS NOT INVOLVED in the incedent a little while back, and has assured me the media just blew it out of proportion.
Blackwater, bwahahahaha, they hire just about anybody, there's a reason they have the highest % private contract eomplyee deaths along with there bad rep.

other than that, pretty crazy that they got snow

Dracc
01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Blackwater, bwahahahaha, they hire just about anybody, there's a reason they have the highest % private contract eomplyee deaths along with there bad rep.

troof

BKgen®
01-11-2008, 04:06 PM

Yep, retired as a CW5 after 20+ years flying in the army. He's a complete noob.

fucking asshole.

Sledlude
01-11-2008, 04:18 PM
bet he gets paaaaiidd tho

BABY J
01-11-2008, 04:18 PM

You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. They do NOT hire "just about" anybody - YOU try filling requirements for Top Secret SCI cleared talent WITH lifestyle polygraphs AND the desire to live/work in that theater. The bottom line is that less than 1% of the population on Earth holds this clearance (active) and can even be CONSIDERED. Educate yourself before you rag on people that help make it where you can sleep peacefully at night.

soul
01-11-2008, 04:24 PM
1. I didnt say **** about your dad who relative in the blackwater. I didnt question his integrity or is accomplishments.
2. Directed at BABY J. GTFO i know what im talking about. Blackwater will hire Marines, Rangers, Seals, COPS, along with other parts of service with credibly reference and recommendation.

You wanna question my ****ing source? You can call my brother, who worked for people who actually decently care about there employess and who they hire, TRIPLE CANOPY.

GTFo BlackWater< atleast 4 other better companies<triple canopy.

Delta force is even better than Blackwater, even with the pay cut, least you know who you got around you is the best.

BABY J
01-11-2008, 04:35 PM
You dumb f*ck TC SUBCONTRACTS on PLENTY of security (and other) contracts in MANY theaters where BW is PRIMARY. ALSO, BW subcontracts on some contracts that are owned by TC... do you even know what that means? That means that they are ALL hiring the same "retards" and pulling from the same talent pool. LOL. I love this guy.
:goodjob:
But what would I know?

www.seriouscustoms.com/resume (http://www.seriouscustoms.com/resume)

Psycho
01-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Global warming and global cooling at the same time?! We're doomed.

BKgen®
01-11-2008, 04:56 PM
manbearpig

soul
01-11-2008, 05:01 PM
You dumb f*ck TC SUBCONTRACTS on PLENTY of security (and other) contracts in MANY theaters where BW is PRIMARY. ALSO, BW subcontracts on some contracts that are owned by TC... do you even know what that means? That means that they are ALL hiring the same "retards" and pulling from the same talent pool. LOL. I love this guy.
But what would I know?

w/e man think what you want and TC only takes rangers seals df an sks. No shat as marines or cops or other war junkie that wants in with a recomendation.

Im out for night shift, peace.

Schugg
01-12-2008, 11:52 AM
I hope it dont snow when im over in that area! ill probably be going around next christmas, not sure though, may end up volunteering for middle of the year. i really doubt it will, but either way ide rather have it be very hot over it snowing.

oh and PS. would all you stop fight about oh this is so much better than that, they did this, my brother said this, because it really DOESNT fukin matter.

man
01-12-2008, 01:42 PM
But what would I know?

Don't let that kid get to ya, J. He's just talkin out his ****in ass.

Kaiser
01-12-2008, 01:53 PM
w/e man think what you want and TC only takes rangers seals df an sks. No shat as marines or cops or other war junkie that wants in with a recomendation.

Im out for night shift, peace.

SKS?

You're not serious are you? Oh, and soldiers who just meet Ranger requirements are still lacking in a few areas that would allow them to pass BT for the Marine Corps, Rangers are just the smart army guys who jump out of perfectly good aerial vehicles. ;)

Also, the requirements for a security job like what Blackwater is performing in Iraq favor those with Civil PD or MP experience over regular infantry or SO soldiers. You need to have a "Ask first, then shoot" mentality that most military personell are trained NOT to have. Police are every bit as brave AND qualified to perform the job as military people of any branch.

Regardless, Blackwater, just like Haliburton, is just catching flak from the Media's war on the military. There are certainly better security contracting firms out there, but they don't meet the qualifications for Iraq for various reasons. The companies that are in Iraq who are working as civilian contractors should be treated with respect and held up as Icons of how the Free Market System can be applied in the most creative ways.