PDA

View Full Version : Electrical I think..? plz help

IOnlyLookStock
01-11-2008, 12:35 AM
So I try and start the car tonight, and it clicks once then everything dies like the battery wasn't there. So then I clean the terminals with a wire brush and it starts just fine..

Then when I turn it off and try to restart it, same problem.

I tightened the connectors, and I know the terminals are clean and have no corrosion. So is there a problem somewhere else? The battery is a brand new duralast that was purchased 2 months ago...

AnthonyF
01-11-2008, 06:14 AM
could be a few things. Get new battery terminals and spray battery terminal cleaner on them. Also, make sure ur battery is still good. Since u had a loose connection the battery might not of been getting charged up.

AnTi-PooN
01-11-2008, 03:01 PM
happened to me a while ago.... it was my positive lead from the battery there was a short in it. to find out if that's it turn your lights on and wiggle that cable for a bit and if they come on there is a short in it.

autozone= $8

Sammich
01-11-2008, 03:06 PM
REcheck your connections, next time you get it started...run the car for like 15mins, go ride around for about 10mins, let it sit for another 5minutes...then shut it off..then try it again and you SHOULD be fine...but it really sounds like a connection..if it clicks..its either a dead battery or weak ground

IOnlyLookStock
01-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Problem Solved!!

I checked it out today in the daylight and the ground connection from the negative battery post was corroded. I got some stuff from AutoZone and its now all clean and grounded again! Thanks for your help. Reps Given out to you guys!

khaxnguyen
01-11-2008, 03:44 PM
lol!

.::UNKNOWN::.
01-11-2008, 08:12 PM
when you have a regular battery get dieletic grease it looks like a$$ but hey keeps the corrosion away they sell it at autozone in those little packets at the counter :goodjob:

r_Senik
01-11-2008, 10:15 PM
happens to me all the time...my situation was that the terminals wasnt touching....so i got a paper clip and placed it between the terminals and the battery...tightend it to make sure the touched and it worked...

belive me...i took off my battery to see if it was dead and it wasnt..

Sammich
01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
when you have a regular battery get dieletic grease it looks like a$$ but hey keeps the corrosion away they sell it at autozone in those little packets at the counter :goodjob:

last time i did my connectors i poured either ginger ale or coke, i forgot which, rinsed it off and havent had corrosion ever since