PDA

View Full Version : Misc Jet Li and Jackie Chan in a movie together

Lotte
01-10-2008, 03:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE7ny2bfXF0

YoTa_BoX
01-10-2008, 06:30 PM
meh the random white guy throws me off.. but i like kung fu movies so ill prob see it.

Reaper
01-10-2008, 07:24 PM
meh the random white guy throws me off.. but i like kung fu movies so ill prob see it.

I was thinking the same thing

jaystar
01-10-2008, 07:41 PM
they always gotta throw in the white guy lol

Lizbiz101
01-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah the white guy is random lol. But where is my girl Zhang Ziyi!?!?! Who is this random chick??? lol

dc2teg2006
01-10-2008, 08:23 PM
From what I know, it base a little on "Journey to the West". It been talked for a while that they was doing a movie together but some complication delayed it. But it good that they are in the same movie. two legend together at last.

ahmonrah
01-11-2008, 08:16 AM
thought jet li had "retired from martial arts films?

ATK_Designs
01-11-2008, 09:33 AM
hooray, Journey to the west.....I love that series when I was lil.

Turbo Terrance
01-11-2008, 09:57 AM
they always gotta throw in the white guy lol

Its good to finally see these two work together..... BUT yeah the white dude is pretty random:thinking:

osiriskidd
01-11-2008, 10:16 AM
thought jet li had "retired from martial arts films?

he retired from the epics. portraying the old school stories and whatnot.

i believe he's stil doing modern kung fu type movies.

Maniac1
01-11-2008, 10:30 AM
that white dude has no business being in this movie, hahah. It looks like a badass movie though, can't wait to see it.

MR2DR
01-11-2008, 12:28 PM
that white dude has no business being in this movie, hahah. It looks like a badass movie though, can't wait to see it.

im really tired of seieng that kid everywhere. i cant take his ass seriously because i knew he was on even stevens -___-'
he already got with Megan fox, if he hooks up with that asian chick... :no:

WhiteAccord
01-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Looks like a mixture of..

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Once Upon A Time In China I II & III
Drunking Master
and a hint of Tokyo Drift.

Lotte
01-11-2008, 01:05 PM

:lmfao:

TopSpeedInc
01-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Awesome.

Dennnissssss
01-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I bet the white guy is the only guy thats gonna be alive by the end.

IntegraXTR
01-11-2008, 01:40 PM
looks like a good movie. yeh the white boy doesn't belong in there.

phd1ck
01-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Looks like a mixture of..

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Once Upon A Time In China I II & III
Drunking Master
and a hint of Tokyo Drift.

lol.. tokyo drift..

ZeDFuNk
01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
dont ask for reps.

i'll definitely be seeing this.. i loved drunken monkey with jackie chan.. looks like he'll be doing some more :D

Maverick
01-11-2008, 05:36 PM
The Associated PressPublished: September 18, 2007

HONG KONG: Jackie Chan says the new Hollywood action movie he shot with Jet Li "isn't great," a news report said Tuesday, while Li said in his blog that fans should not have overly high expectations for the film.

"The Forbidden Kingdom," which finished shooting in China last month, has been eagerly anticipated because it marks the first on-screen collaboration between Chan and Li — kung fu cinema's two biggest stars.

But the two actors have been playing down the film's potential appeal to Chinese viewers, saying it is targeted at a U.S. audience.

A news report carried on the Web site of China's state-run Xinhua News Agency quoted Chan as saying, "The movie I just shot with Jet Li, 'The Forbidden Kingdom,' actually isn't that great."

Chan was speaking at a news conference in the northeastern Chinese city of Changchun on Sunday, Xinhua said.

Today in Culture

In Moscow, an updated exhibition of 20th-century Russian art

In London, Carson McCullers's 'The Member of the Wedding'

As China heats up, spas begin to bubble

"'The Forbidden Kingdom' is a movie made for Americans," the report quoted Chan as saying. "Chinese viewers may not like it. If I say it's a good movie now, then many people will be filled with overly high expectations and be disappointed when they see the movie."

Solon So, a spokesman for Chan, said Tuesday that the action star could not immediately be reached to confirm the remarks.

Separately, Li made similar remarks, seen on Li's Web site on Tuesday.

"I hope everyone uses an open mind to watch 'The Forbidden Kingdom' and not invest too much expectation into my fight scenes with Jackie Chan," he said.

"The Forbidden Kingdom" is about an American teenager's fantasy journey to ancient China to rescue a mythological monkey king. The idea for the film originates from the classic Chinese novel "Journey to the West," in which a monkey king, a pig and a friar guard a Buddhist monk in search of religious texts.

Li plays the monkey king and a silent monk, while Chan plays another monk called T'sa-Ho.

"After all, this is a story about an American child's dream 'Journey to the West' created by American producers and American scriptwriters. We may have to look at many elements in the movie from a different angle," Li was quoted as saying.

Chan has been known to be blase about his Hollywood work. He said in a 2005 interview with The Associated Press that he uses the high salary he earns in the U.S. to fund Chinese-language projects that he's truly interested in.

Before shooting on "The Forbidden Kingdom" started, he told reporters, "I don't have any expectations. It's just making an American movie."

"I believe the world is anticipating the movie, but I'm not too involved," Chan also said at the time.

http://www.jackiechan.com

http://www.jetli.com

ahmonrah
01-11-2008, 06:55 PM
he retired from the epics. portraying the old school stories and whatnot.

i believe he's stil doing modern kung fu type movies.ah. ok:goodjob:

Turbo Terrance
01-12-2008, 01:07 PM
im really tired of seieng that kid everywhere. i cant take his ass seriously because i knew he was on even stevens -___-'
he already got with Megan fox, if he hooks up with that asian chick... :no:

The white dude always goes for the asian chick.... like in Heros Season 2.....