PDA

View Full Version : Misc Idea for a Gran Turismo 5 commercial

EJ25RUN
01-10-2008, 10:05 AM
This is something i posted on GT planet and wanted to see what IA peoples thought.

Gran Turismo has had some decent commercials but non really stand out all that much. Here something i came up with today.

1. The commercial starts out at Le Mans 24 at 1:00 AM with the camera doing a helicopter fly over of the front straight.
2. The camera then goes over the Pit lane with all the cars, teams, and garages.
3. Then it gets to a garage with Hans Stuck and Derek Bell sitting next to each other talking about the next stint. *You hear the noises of the cars passing the front straight* then Bell grabs his helmet the Pit Crew get ready for the pit stop.
4. The camera goes broadview down pit straight as a pit member runs out to wave the car to its proper pit area. *no car is coming*
5. He then runs back and the pit crew helps Mario Andretti out of the stationary race simulator. Mario straps Bell in to the simulator and the Pit crew rush to wipe the screen and look to adjust the simulator as GT5 plays on the screen looking real time. Mario then walks to Hans and says "this might be the year i finally win it". *Pit crew give high fives for good effort as commercial finishes with the GT5 Logo coming over Mulsanne Straight*

What do you think?

On_Her_Face
01-10-2008, 10:16 AM
not bad actually lol

Elbow
01-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Haha that's pretty good!

Thighs
01-10-2008, 11:14 AM
haha not a bad idea...

but what made you think of this?

EJ25RUN
01-10-2008, 12:48 PM
haha not a bad idea...

but what made you think of this?

The GT franchise is my favorite videogame.

I thought this would go well along the lines of how GT is moving away from the "game" aspect. With how much credability GT has earned theres no reason that in 5 years GT cant have a product that goes along the same lines as Microsoft Flight Simulator. I attended a flight school at Dekalb airport and every simulator has MFSX playing on it. Its basically gonna get so real, we can learn to drive from our living room.

Even a 15 year old can start doing regular street driving on it to get ready for the real thing.(real traffic, lights, padestrians and all other situations...even driving a stick)..Thats alot better than terrified parents in some parking lot.

Also can you imagine attending a race school at Road Atlanta and Day 1 is a virtual track simulation you have to master before you get real track time. It'll save a lot of money for the track with things like track and car damage to consider. *this will be done with a real wheel and manual setup like the Logitech G25 or better.....not a ps3 controller.

blaknoize
01-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I like it. But it wont be made, cuz marketing sucks ass. I'll buy the game regardless. And... they need to include "some" damage and online play FINALLY. So I can race yall asses!!

yudalicious
01-10-2008, 03:15 PM
IMO simulators like GT5 are a tool for those that already have track experience to learn tracks, braking points, turn in points, etc. Not so much a replacement/starter for someone who has zero experience, the physical and mental experience is just too different. When I play driving games I use purely visual/sound cues on what my car is doing, whereas when I'm driving I use all, especially the buttometer. Meaning even if you master GT5, you still need to start from step 1 with everyone else on your first track day. As for safety, if anything I tihnk it'll inflate people's confidence and achieve teh opposite. Plus I'd be pissed if I paid good money for a race school at RA and they make me spend a day on a PS3.

EJ25RUN
01-10-2008, 04:24 PM
IMO simulators like GT5 are a tool for those that already have track experience to learn tracks, braking points, turn in points, etc. Not so much a replacement/starter for someone who has zero experience, the physical and mental experience is just too different. When I play driving games I use purely visual/sound cues on what my car is doing, whereas when I'm driving I use all, especially the buttometer. Meaning even if you master GT5, you still need to start from step 1 with everyone else on your first track day. As for safety, if anything I tihnk it'll inflate people's confidence and achieve teh opposite. Plus I'd be pissed if I paid good money for a race school at RA and they make me spend a day on a PS3.

ok well said.....but i never wanted the 3d to take over driving feel in real life... that should never happen... but i would like it to be possible to atleast electronically show the characteristics of different types of cars the average guy will never drive.... An f1 car vs gt500 z vs super 2000 bmw... see where im going?

Lucky.
01-10-2008, 06:21 PM
I like it. But it wont be made, cuz marketing sucks ass. I'll buy the game regardless. And... they need to include "some" damage and online play FINALLY. So I can race yall asses!!

im a killa at that game, lol (GT4)

yudalicious
01-11-2008, 01:03 AM
ok well said.....but i never wanted the 3d to take over driving feel in real life... that should never happen... but i would like it to be possible to atleast electronically show the characteristics of different types of cars the average guy will never drive.... An f1 car vs gt500 z vs super 2000 bmw... see where im going?

For sure. Same here. Have you tried the Ferrari Challenge game at DB? It's supposed to be very good, but when I tried it I think it was partially broken.

EJ25RUN
01-11-2008, 09:31 AM
For sure. Same here. Have you tried the Ferrari Challenge game at DB? It's supposed to be very good, but when I tried it I think it was partially broken.

thats so crazy i was pllayin for like 3 hours yesturady, i used like 120 points from my $20

anyway bout that game

i like
1. The fact that its a real gated shifter (and you can miss shift) (much better vs logiTECH G25)
2. you really can heel toe down shift (feels like its necassary for lack of abs)
3. real race tracks (love sugo)
4. Ferrari f355 one of the best cars ever

dislike
1. it well just isnt there on the handling brakeing and shifting all together
2. depth perception.... it looks like turn is far away but it isnt.
3. brake feel....no is not that poor in a f355
4. graphics from 1999 ( :umno: )
5. you can still shift without clutch
6. brake feel (yes its that bad)

ive got more but its a game frtom 1999 by sega and for its time not bad at all. If GT people can add the full screen experience with 1080p+ hd audio+ that feel thats almost perfect then itd be a great game.