PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Saab turbos?

TheChosenOne
01-10-2008, 09:58 AM
A saab came into the shop today, and I totally forgot they had boosted cars. Then I got to thinking, if you can use a mitsubishi and volvo turbo on hondas, then can you use a saab turbo?

Has anyone seen a honda setup using a Saab turbo?

RandomGuy
01-10-2008, 10:45 AM
we put a saab turbo on isa203's D series last week... its perfect for hondas... thats one of the cars that uses the .42/ .48 turbo.. its tiny and spools real fast... only supports like 250hp though.
He hits boost before 3k.

Oh yeah by the way they're T3 flanged.so its perfect.

isa2o3
01-10-2008, 10:58 AM
yup ^^^ his right. i am pretty happy with my new setup. great turbo and it spools quick.

TheChosenOne
01-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Hmmmm... thanks.

Where would be a good place to get one? Its not like there are hundreds of saabs just laying around at a local junk yard.

Is there a specialty Saab shop or junkyard with european cars only?

RandomGuy
01-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Hmmmm... thanks.

Where would be a good place to get one? Its not like there are hundreds of saabs just laying around at a local junk yard.

Is there a specialty Saab shop or junkyard with european cars only?

junk yard or fleabay

;)

just get one with no shaft play and non smoking... so the impeller and comp fan is prolly still good and hasn't touched, rebuild it and get it balanced and u have a good non ebay crap turbo for ~200 bux

we got isa's for ~100 bux on ebay, if i'm not mistaken (right?)
and it turned out to be good... no play , doesn't burn oil. but if it goes bad soon I wouldn't be surprised (no offense..) if it does its no biggy... we'll rebuild it and get it balanced at TDI.

AnthonyF
01-10-2008, 04:19 PM
they do spool up super quick. Just drove out a Saab today. fun to drive around.

19'sPrelude
01-23-2008, 11:30 AM
TheChosenOne - PM me I've got one that I could let go cheap for a fellow IA friend