PDA

View Full Version : LIFE CAREER

j0natell0
01-09-2008, 08:56 PM
ok so, im wondering about my future and what i want to do not just for the money but something id love to do. i want to be a mechanic or engineer or something around that area. I also think about opening up my own shop in the future. Im still in highschool (yeah im a youngn) and i was wondering, should i switch my diploma to tech? And a friend told me about something called jobcourse that has to do something with people that drop out and go there for tech diplomas only, and they give u college credits??

Help plz and reps will be given!

quickdodgeŽ
01-09-2008, 08:59 PM
This is all well and good and all, but what's the problem with your car? Later, QD.

j0natell0
01-09-2008, 09:09 PM
alot of things.

DrewS2K
01-10-2008, 12:25 AM
lol, anyways.. get a dual seal diploma and do like im doing.. go to a tech school and get a associate degree from there... i was takin mechanical engineering at georgia southern but it'll take 5 years to do the same thing

jbhondatech
01-10-2008, 11:29 AM
You have the oppertunity to do what ever you wish it is only when bills and responsabilities tie you down and you do something you don't want to. Engeneering is great if you can do the math. If you want to be a tech. know what you are gitting into first. This job will destroy your body and cost you the price of a nice car in tools. If you choose to go in this direction finish high school and enroll in a manufactuer backed training program. If you wish to make above 45-50k a year learn to work on German cars not disposable cars that are under 35k. owning your own shop is cool you are your own boss but don't expect to get rich. Find a shop that will let you observe if you can't then pm me and i will talk to you.

dc2teg2006
01-10-2008, 11:46 AM
after high school, just go to a tech school, and also start appling to body/mechinic shop, it will be a good chance to learn hands on and get paid as well. You'll see how the enviroment is like also you will have experience after you graduate, so it be easier to apply for bigger and better places and start from there to open your own business!

j0natell0
01-10-2008, 05:33 PM
how many credits do you have to have to graduate with a dual seal diploma? and if i own my own shop, how much do you think i will make a year?

+1 for the help!

khaxnguyen
01-10-2008, 07:06 PM
u're kinda under-informed there mister! lol. different school requires different amount of credits.

dc2teg2006
01-10-2008, 07:48 PM
how many credits do you have to have to graduate with a dual seal diploma? and if i own my own shop, how much do you think i will make a year?

+1 for the help!

it depend on your reputation. The more people know you do good work, more people will reccommed ppl to your place!! You can make well over 100g if you have a decent business, but it all how much you put in!!:goodjob:

AnthonyF
01-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Im a full time mechanic at my fathers shop, about to be mine. The pay is alright but it is a pretty tough job. Now if u work at a dealer or a performace shop, its totally different.

j0natell0
01-10-2008, 08:13 PM
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP, does any1 know anything about jobcore or jobcourse something like that for dropouts?

+1 for all the help!

jbhondatech
01-11-2008, 02:04 PM
dropping out is probably the worst thing you could do. Not only does it limit you career path but it also shows employers that you give up easily. I mean no dissrespect i'm just speaking the truth.

bandydesign
01-11-2008, 02:16 PM
If you think you can handle the math and science, then you can do exactly what I'm attempting. I'm at Georgia Tech studying Mechanical Engineering. Hopefully, I'll end up with a co-op then job for Honda. Then work my way up through engineering with a shop on the side.

blaknoize
01-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Hey I'm attempting Computer Engineering Tech and math is my worst subject. Just go with the flow, if u decide to change ur major, do it. Just dont worry so much about it. I spent 2 extra years peddling around with (if I wanna go to school, or will it pay off) try the tech, if its to challenging mod it like we all do our cars.

After u graduate, ur pay will more than likely go up. Then... later down the road, return for that graduates degree that u wanted to damn bad in the tech field.

Thats what I'm gonna do

j0natell0
01-11-2008, 06:27 PM
ok thanks alot guys. i know what im gonna do.

+1 for all the help!