PDA

View Full Version : **EXCLUSIVE** Baby J's car... 1977 Honda Civic 1200...

quickdodge®
01-09-2008, 01:38 PM
I met up with him yesterday and this is what Baby J's car looks like right now. Later, QD.

*This is Baby J's car, not mine. Below is one shot of mine*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/civiclowsig.jpg

BABY J
01-09-2008, 01:43 PM
That's the beast - LOL.

Met QD @ Pro Import Services to discuss w/ Adam Malley (6 time SCCA national champ in the same EB chassis) on the direction to take this guy. Look now - b/c you will never see another stock picture of this car - every subsequent pic will be upgraded from the previous.

I'm keeping the details on the engine/suspenion build under wraps for now - but it's gonna be nice. As far as paint though --- gonna be a tag-team effort --> Spray-glo is prepping the body, and Bucky is laying the paint. The rest of the car will come together at Pro Import and also @ my house.:D

After my EF (currently in the hands of Joe Demaree -- Nopi Pro FWD champ - www.ssc-das.com (http://www.ssc-das.com/)) is complete, this will likely be my last Honda build - although I will always drive them.

OLD SCHOOL FTW!!!

Thanx for the pics Mike.

EJ6
01-09-2008, 01:52 PM
damn clean ass **** for that age

quickdodge®
01-09-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm keeping the details on the engine/suspenion build under wraps for now - but it's gonna be nice. As far as paint though --- gonna be a tag-team effort --> Spray-glo is prepping the body, and Bucky is laying the paint. The rest of the car will come together at Pro Import and also @ my house.:D

Yessir. Come this spring/summer, old school will represent.

You're welcome for the pics. Later, QD.

MistaCee
01-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Nice. Any plans for it or just keeping it stock and classy ?

Fr33way
01-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Is that another classic or did QD sell you the car?

Papa_Smurf
01-09-2008, 02:08 PM
it's baby j's, not QD's..

and QD, why didn't you bring ur car out and snap sum pics in a walmart parking lot or somethin, ya know, like a photoshoot :goodjob:

quickdodge®
01-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Nice. Any plans for it or just keeping it stock and classy ?

Wait and see, lolol.

Is that another classic or did QD sell you the car?

I still have mine. Mine is a 79 CVCC. His is a 77 1200.

and QD, why didn't you bring ur car out and snap sum pics in a walmart parking lot or somethin

My car was actually at that same shop. It needs a heart transplant. Which it is receiving by March. Later, QD.

Dirty Octopus™
01-09-2008, 02:13 PM
IS ya'll friggin see ree us!?!?!!?

oh sh¡ts!!! i's powaful excited! :yay:

PM me your plans J!!! :D

shizer Old Skool is comin HARD! :super: :bump:

and QDizzle.. you NEED to get us some updates on your CVCC.
i mean how long are you gonna have that bad boy on the back burner? :dunno:

Fr33way
01-09-2008, 02:22 PM
I still have mine. Mine is a 79 CVCC. His is a 77 1200.

Later, QD.

Nice, that would be cool to see instead of the usual EG/EF game.

BABY J
01-09-2008, 02:32 PM
damn clean ass **** for that age

Good eye. My EG was not even this solid when I got it, and it's much much younger.

mushroom_toy
01-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Man I cannot WAit to put an antique tag on my honda lol.

BABY J
01-09-2008, 02:46 PM
U can barely tell in the pic (on purpose) - but I do have the horse&carriage plate on mine. OFFICIAL classic. ;)

Retro
01-09-2008, 06:50 PM
i rode by there yesterday on my lunch break and saw it chillin' outside but i didnt know it was baby j's lol....i remember your car,QD, sat over at pro imports for a while didnt it.

Z0_o6
01-09-2008, 06:54 PM
i reckon i oughta post some pics of mine whenever i get around to doing the build on it.

it's a 78 1200 as well. baby J if you put anything that is mpfi, or an engine that is newer than '88 in it, please take plenty of pics and gimme some tips on it. i'm well aware i have a lot of fabrication ahead of me, which i'm equipped to handle, i just want to see how bad it really is.

Elbow
01-09-2008, 06:54 PM
I miss my old school Hondas

BABY J
01-09-2008, 06:59 PM
i reckon i oughta post some pics of mine whenever i get around to doing the build on it.

it's a 78 1200 as well. baby J if you put anything that is mpfi, or an engine that is newer than '88 in it, please take plenty of pics and gimme some tips on it. i'm well aware i have a lot of fabrication ahead of me, which i'm equipped to handle, i just want to see how bad it really is.

Will do kind sir. :goodjob:

Z0_o6
01-09-2008, 07:07 PM
thanks. you know whats so fun about these cars? nobody understands the true difficulty of them until the open the hood and see just how goddamn SMALL the engine bay really is!

b16ftw
01-09-2008, 07:09 PM
looks sweet!

quickdodge®
01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
i rode by there yesterday on my lunch break and saw it chillin' outside but i didnt know it was baby j's lol....i remember your car,QD, sat over at pro imports for a while didnt it.

Yeah, you should've stopped, man. My car is still there awaiting a heart.

Man I cannot WAit to put an antique tag on my honda lol.

Got another 10 years, homey. At least, lolol. Later, QD.

mushroom_toy
01-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah, you should've stopped, man. My car is still there awaiting a heart.

Got another 10 years, homey. At least, lolol. Later, QD.

Thought it was if the vehicle was 25 years old or older?

quickdodge®
01-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Thought it was if the vehicle was 25 years old or older?

Sounds about right. To me, your Accord just doesn't look like a classic. Don't get me wrong, I love it. I've had two of them. An 88 DX and a 89 SE-I. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
01-09-2008, 11:53 PM
theres a MINT CVCC in my apartment complex that just sits there. i thought about putting a note on it see if the guy wants to sell it.

Z0_o6
01-10-2008, 11:00 AM
buy it. especially if you like headaches, carbs, impossibly rare parts...etc etc. :D

BABY J
01-10-2008, 11:11 AM
^^ Parts are readily available - all come from Honda warehouse #90 (if you wanna keep it OEM). U can easily drop a weber on, and EF suspension parts, and EG brake upgrades are the norm. Carb rebuiild kit will set u back $17 and will cost you 1 day before it arrives.

Most common swap is fuel injected 2nd gen Accord/Prelude motors - drop right in and eliminte condensors and points. ALSO adds EFI. Also B swaps, as well as the more common d15/d16 swaps.

You either have the heart for a 1g or not - has nothing to do w/ parts availabilty sir.

quickdodge®
01-10-2008, 11:44 AM
buy it. especially if you like headaches, carbs, impossibly rare parts...etc etc. :D

Yup. If you know about it, then you'd know how to get the parts you need. Not as "rare" as you think. I'd take my "headache" over 98% of the Civic on IA or on the streets of Atlanta any day. Later, QD.

mushroom_toy
01-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Sounds about right. To me, your Accord just doesn't look like a classic. Don't get me wrong, I love it. I've had two of them. An 88 DX and a 89 SE-I. Later, QD.

Yeah I thought so lol. I know it doesnt look like a classic, but hey in 4 years I will get an atique tag if I can. I just love the tags, and cannot wait for the shock factor. I think there is a certain bit of a shock factor seeing an antique tag on a Honda. Not the extremely old ones of course, but really any 80s model.

http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/plates/plate.asp?ptitle=HA

I really cant wait lol. Also i have heard somewhere that emisisons are not required on antique vehicles? I mean I live in Hall county so they are not required anyway, but I was just wondering.

quickdodge®
01-10-2008, 12:17 PM
I think there is a certain bit of a shock factor seeing an antique tag on a Honda. Not the extremely old ones of course, but really any 80s model.

It's still almost a shock factor on a 70's model. Most people think of 60's and earlier as classics.

http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/plates/plate.asp?ptitle=HA

I really cant wait lol.

If I didn't have a vanity plate on it's way to me right now, I'd definitely get one. If only I could have a vanilty classic tag.

Also i have heard somewhere that emisisons are not required on antique vehicles? I mean I live in Hall county so they are not required anyway, but I was just wondering.

I don't know. Is antiqued the same as classic? Later, QD.

Z0_o6
01-10-2008, 06:36 PM
^^ Parts are readily available - all come from Honda warehouse #90 (if you wanna keep it OEM). U can easily drop a weber on, and EF suspension parts, and EG brake upgrades are the norm. Carb rebuiild kit will set u back $17 and will cost you 1 day before it arrives.

Most common swap is fuel injected 2nd gen Accord/Prelude motors - drop right in and eliminte condensors and points. ALSO adds EFI. Also B swaps, as well as the more common d15/d16 swaps.

You either have the heart for a 1g or not - has nothing to do w/ parts availabilty sir.

QFT.

I would normally come up with a smartass comment or whatnot, but in this instance I have to admit I've been served.:lmfao:

I wil say this in my defense though, the **** that I am working on in mine, no Honda warehouse is gonna help much. :tongue1:

:edit: you would die to know some of the old Jackson Racing and AT Engineering parts going on it.... MOAR.:cheers:

BABY J
01-10-2008, 06:44 PM
^^^ No no no homey - it's not a "serving" thing at all. :cheers: That's not my pedigree. In your defense - if you have ONE car, I would not suggest it to be ANY classic car (not just a 1st gen civic hatch). But I have been driving mine everyday - it's quite easy to work on and maintain.

mr.koupe
01-10-2008, 11:05 PM
this will be freaking sweet. nuff said :goodjob: post up a build thread when your done man !!

Stol3n
01-14-2008, 08:54 AM
QD keepin it real with the old school. :goodjob:

Total_Blender
01-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Get some 13's from a 1st. gen accord on there... that little Civic looks sad with the factory 12's. :crazy:

Hey QD, what engine did you decide on swapping into your CVCC?

I saw on the 1st. gen board that you guys were talking with Bryan. That guy knows his stuff. He bought my old 1200 and is probably driving it now.

BABY J
01-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah I am linking up w/ Bryan on a 1200 build and serious head. He is the real deal on these engines - Adam Malley will be doing all the wrenching outside of that though. As far as the wheels, I will be losing the 4x120 bolt-pattern altogether. :goodjob:

bb4pimp
01-14-2008, 11:09 PM
that is some mad old skool right there

.::UNKNOWN::.
01-14-2008, 11:26 PM
i have always wated a 1st gen lude since i seen one it is pure sectshttp://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/reviews/generations/honda.prelude/79.honda.prelude.f34.500.jpg

quickdodge®
01-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Get some 13's from a 1st. gen accord on there..

1 step ahead of you. Already located 4 sets of those wheels at $60/set.

Hey QD, what engine did you decide on swapping into your CVCC?

Factory CVCC.
Later, QD.

Total_Blender
01-17-2008, 12:55 PM
$60 a set for steelies? Or did you find some of the super rare alloys?

I converted the 1200 I sold to Bryan to 4x100. Are you going to use the cvcc wagon knuckles or the Mugen brackets? Is anyone machining copies of the Mugen brackets anymore? Back when I kept up with the Honda forums somebody would make some up every now and then.

Is Bryan doing your engine work? Last I heard from him his waiting list was pretty long.

The more I read about this the more I miss my old 1200.

BABY J
01-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Bryan is BOOKED SOLID. He is presently moving to another shop - but he is still outta Duluth. He's not building my short-block, but i've seen his heads ... and for 1100 it doesn't get much better for this gen hatch.

quickdodge®
01-17-2008, 03:13 PM
$60 a set for steelies?

Yessir. Later, QD.

Total_Blender
01-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Bryan is BOOKED SOLID. He is presently moving to another shop - but he is still outta Duluth. He's not building my short-block, but i've seen his heads ... and for 1100 it doesn't get much better for this gen hatch.

Are you going to use the Goldwing/1300 combo, or were you able to talk Bryan out of the custom pistons/rods he had made for the stroker motor he decided not to build? :D

I tried to find Goldwing pistons when I had my 1200 and when I called around and ended up talking to someone at Honda who told me there were only 2 sets left in the US. :crazy:

BABY J
01-17-2008, 05:15 PM
There are more sets to be had on the board. But I am unsure of what TOTAL direction I am going. For now I am crunching numbers and building it out on paper... I always write sh.it down.

Total_Blender
01-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I found a set of deluxe gauges the other day. I'll be putting them up for sale on the Civic board soon but I'll give you guys the first crack at them. I'll snap pics when I get home.

The 5 speed transmission, chrome shifter handle, center console, wood steering wheel, 5-speed badges, etc. are still on the car I got the gauges from. PM me if you are interested and I will tell you how to find the junkyard where it is. Not too far from QD's neck of the woods:goodjob:

BABY J
01-22-2008, 02:27 PM
what center console?

quickdodge®
01-22-2008, 03:16 PM
PM sent. Later, QD.

Total_Blender
01-23-2008, 07:26 AM
what center console?

The one that goes around the shift boot and e-brake handle. It didn't have any storage pockets.

Another thing of interest in the CVCC I was telling y'all about is the factory wood steering wheel. I would have grabbed it too but the finish on it was gone. Looks like it could be sanded and re-finished easily though :goodjob: