PDA

View Full Version : Woman Blames Newspaper Typo For Theft LOL

thinkfast®
08-03-2005, 08:56 AM
LAWRENCE, Kan. -- A Kansas woman who had her possessions stolen blames the city's newspaper.

Kris Bryan said the Lawrence Journal-World printed a mistake in a street address, causing her apartment to be cleaned out by thieves, reported KMBC-TV in Kansas City, Mo.

Bryan said she returned home after work one day and saw strangers loading up her belongings into their vehicle. When she asked what they were doing, they showed her a classified ad in the newspaper. The public notice stated that all things at 1319 Tennessee St., Apt. 3, would be thrown away if unclaimed.

"It was just a real shock," Bryan said. "I was freaking out. I told them that's my apartment -- there's been some mistake."

It was a one-digit mistake -- the newspaper ad should have read 1339 Tennessee St., the television station reported. The ad was placed because a woman in that home passed away and no one had claimed her belongings.

Bryan said the people she confronted returned her things, but her TV, DVD player, movies, furniture and a 7-week-old kitten had already been taken from her apartment.

"I was crying, bawling," Bryan said.

She said she wants the newspaper to pay $3,500 for the stolen items, but that can't replace her lost kitten.

"Sometimes you can't get away with your mistake, especially when someone gets hurt because of them," Bryan said.

Damn, anyone got a OWNED pic?? :lmao:

Kristi
08-03-2005, 09:20 AM
poor lady. i would sue the pants off that newspaper

The Ren
08-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Man.. that paper is in for some major shit.. Ooo id be pissed as fuck!

B16a2 Civic
08-03-2005, 09:30 AM
now that ....is some shit

HyPer50
08-03-2005, 05:54 PM
LOL they even took her kitty, man thats funny

D16Civic
08-03-2005, 07:26 PM
First off, how the heck did these people even get into her apartment in the first place. I mean, you might think it was the wrong place if the door was locked or somthng. Did they just break in or what?
And second, how are u just goin to go take someones cat, i mean, seriously. If the woman died, i doubt they would just leave her cat in there with no one to take care of it. Isnt that like cruelty to animals or something. People just dont think sometimes.