PDA

View Full Version : clutch pedal problem

THEONE
08-03-2005, 05:45 AM
ok so the car is a 90 civic hatch with a zc swap 5 speed (cable trans),whenever i push the clutch pedal down it wants to stay down but comes back up really slowly,the gears do not grind and the clutch is not bad its just a pain in the ass sometimes to go up hill from a dead stop.any ideas?

uproot
08-03-2005, 06:15 AM
bleed it and put new fluid in?

DamnDisLaOsBoY
08-03-2005, 11:56 PM
i have a 91 teg cable trans too... one time i was driving and my pedal wouldnt come up at all... my clutch cable came loose wen coming up my driveway... maybe you need to tighten yours.... if you dont know it goes across the valve cover and the cable ands but hooks on a metal hook with a knob to tighten and adjust it....

WHEELSDIRECTRACER
08-06-2005, 04:42 PM
make sure the adjuster is thight and also make sure your bracket didnt come also from the tranny

Cool Cat Racing
08-06-2005, 04:53 PM
If you get water inside the cable it will drag like that. Go to nearly any motorcycle shop and they will have good cable lube. Its a liquid spray but turns into pretty thick grease within a few minutes. Just spray it in the cable and hold it up till it runs out the end.
Ryan

THEONE
08-06-2005, 06:04 PM
^^^ thats what we are thinkin it is. i will shoot some lithium grease in it and see if it helps. thanks for the help