PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the car to start but....

bboystyles
01-07-2008, 02:58 PM
00 civic SI (b16a turbo)
UPDATE!!
ok guys problem fix with the shutting off at stop, the car no longer idles crazily but unfortunately another problem camed up. cons: car idles badly, car would die when slowing down or at a stop. pros: full boost, car runs strong, it pulls.] [After; pros: car doesnt idle badly anymore, stays at around 800rpm with no problem. Doesnt stalls or shut off. cons: LOST OF MAJOR POWER!!! feels as though the car doesnt want to move at all, from first to 2nd and etc its very weak... maybe timing again but I dont know what else it could be...:(man think Im going crazy, I hate having car trouble since the car always been good to me just little things here and there.. BUT ONE THING STAYED THE SAME IS THAT VACUUM IS STILL LOW NOT WHERE IT WAS. thanks ahead for any advice guys

scttydb411
01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
it's possible you flooded it by trying to crank it so much and washed the rings...usually causes almost total loss of compression. try dropping a little oil on top of the pistons to try and coat the tops, rings, and cylinders. let it sit a bit and start the car...it'll smoke a lot until it burns off the oil, but that may help.

bboystyles
01-07-2008, 07:52 PM
yeh The engine was a little flooded because when I removed the spark plugs they were a little wet, but I left the plugs out overnight to let the fuel evaporate. so i figure it would be good by now. I'm hoping that I wouldnt have to rebuild the engine, because I really dont have the money for that or want too. mayb i should stick a straw down there and suck out the remaining fuel tat is left if any lol jk but thanks for the advice ill try that. but another thing...compression can only go down not up so the only way is to replace rings right? thanks

bboystyles
01-07-2008, 07:58 PM
If the engine is indeed flooded what should I consider doing to help with the situation. I really dont want to have to go as far as rebuilding it.

eghonda88
01-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Did you adjust your distributor out it helped mine...? just a easy fix...

bboystyles
01-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Did you adjust your distributor out it helped mine...? just a easy fix...

yeh ive try it also but it didnt help but thanks for the advice

scttydb411
01-08-2008, 09:33 AM
yeh The engine was a little flooded because when I removed the spark plugs they were a little wet, but I left the plugs out overnight to let the fuel evaporate. so i figure it would be good by now. I'm hoping that I wouldnt have to rebuild the engine, because I really dont have the money for that or want too. mayb i should stick a straw down there and suck out the remaining fuel tat is left if any lol jk but thanks for the advice ill try that. but another thing...compression can only go down not up so the only way is to replace rings right? thanks

try the oil first. if that doesn't work then take the time to pull it apart.

bboystyles
01-08-2008, 06:28 PM
^^update up top.

bboystyles
01-09-2008, 02:20 PM
anyone?

integar94
01-13-2008, 10:10 AM
do what sctty said, take out ur plug and pour a teaspoon of oil. Those oil will seal the rings better and also it will carry all those fuel in your cylinder down to the crank. Also you should try to do a leak down test and see if you got any compression leaking out your intake value, exhaust vaule, head, or compression ring. Here a easy site for it http://www.type2.com/library/engineg/leaktst.htm. See if you have any air leaking out of air filter, tailpipe, rad cap, or oil dip stick. The gauge shouldnt cost more than 5-10 buck. Hope this help