PDA

View Full Version : Stuff to do in Athens?

CSquared
01-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Sup folks... It's been a while since I posted... Had a crazy ass winter break but it ended wayyyy too soon.

Anyway...

I need some ideas for what to do in Athens on Wednesday night with this chick I'm supposed to hang out with. I can count the number of times I've been to Athens on one hand and she lives out there, so I'm having a hard time finding some **** that I think she'll be interested in doing.

I want to keep it somewhat cheap so originally I was thinking along the lines of dinner and a movie, but I am open for anything (I know there are a ton of bars and whatnot but i really want to make sure that I get a chance to talk to her).

Appreciate any ideas...

Later,
Cramer

Ruiner
01-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Athens? ****, drink...drink, and more drink.

It's a college town, so you have to expect college things. Of course, depending on the night, you can always try to find a place that allows you to drink during the movies. ;) (The GA Theater used to do that on certain nights back when I was at UGA).

Nismo
01-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Your mom.

D.Choe
01-07-2008, 01:20 PM
if you're looking for sexy time w/ aforementioned girl, there's a bunch of restaurants downtown that are fairly inexpensive and have easygoing, romantic atmospheres

examples of such places are: EastWest Bistro, DePalmas (highly recommended), The Grit, Transmetropolitan (not exactly romantic but the pizza is bomb bomb), and Clocked

as far as movies go, Carmike 12 off Lexington/Barnett Shoals is generally cheaper than Beechwood.

Or if you're really strapped for cash, there's a decent dollar theatre off Atl. Hwy. and if she's a student at UGA, you can watch movies for dirt cheap at the Tate Center

if you really wanna get in them jeans, you can take her to the State Botanical Garden off Milledge Ave. and do a candlelight dinner there

if all else fails and you decide you two are gonna be just friends, you can go bowling at Kingpin (cheap ass pitchers of beer) off Prince Ave. or Showtime (no beer) off Macon Hwy.

or just get crunk at the bars downtown

hope this helps

OH YEA come to the meet tonight if you wanna see how we get down

nreggie454
01-07-2008, 03:34 PM
The Last Resort is also a good place with decent prices.

Infinite
01-07-2008, 03:53 PM
completely random, but wtf is up with your sig.
lol my sides hurt

AlliRae
01-07-2008, 03:58 PM
hahah you can always walk around dowtown, go in the stores, find a good place to eat, go to a bar afterwards... etc....

should be good enough to get some...

D.Choe
01-07-2008, 06:16 PM
The Last Resort is also a good place with decent prices.

WERD I duno how I forgot Last Resort Grill

great suggestion, love their fried green tomato sandwich w/ that fire honey mustard vidalia onion dressing OOHH WWEEE *skeet skeet*

CSquared
01-07-2008, 06:27 PM
lol thanks guys... I'll look some of those places up later on tonight.

I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with this chick but I'm definitely leading towards the more "romantic" side. I wish she would just drive her ass over to atlanta and then I know I'd show her a good time... At least I know I'd have a damn spot to bring her back to at the end of the night.

I'll probably be good with what you guys have already mentioned but any more suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Cramer