PDA

View Full Version : Misc Good High End Restaurants-Downtown ATL!!

BLK JDM
01-07-2008, 10:00 AM
My B-day is this Friday and I'm looking for a nice high end restaurant in the downtown Atlanta area. Atlanta has soo many nice restaurants it's just gonna be so hard to pinpoint a good one for Friday or Saturday. I've been to some of your big name restaurants.

I like all types of food. I REALLY WANT A NICE ATMOSPHERE!! I love Shout, Rusans, Luckie Food Lounge, Two Urban Licks. Basically restaurants like these are what I'm looking for.

Hit me up w/ your choices of nice restaurants in the Midtown, Buckhead, Lenox, 5 Points area. Hell I'll even try out something at Perimeter, NorthPoint, Sandy Springs area also.

iloveboost
01-07-2008, 10:34 AM
My favorite steakhouses: Chops, Ruth Chris, Hal's.

Dante's Down the Hatch is pretty decent food and great atmosphere. Never been with a group of people, though.

~$60 a person/plate, no drinks.

BLK JDM
01-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah last year I had a little party at Maggiano's that most of my homeboys came out to but this year will just be me and my girl so I'm not worried about the $$.

Where is Dante's Down the Hatch and what kind of restaurant? I'm guessing Seafood? I guess I could do a search and find out for myself. But then again that's why I posted on IA.

iloveboost
01-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Dante's is fondue. It's right across the street from Lenox Mall. Beef, chicken, seafood, and veggies. Good stuff.

Oooooh!!! If you're into brazilian steakhouses you have to try Fogo De Chao.

All this talk has got me hungry. I think I'll hit up one of these places this weekend.

BLK JDM
01-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Come on help me out IA!!

ISAtlanta300
01-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Nava's, Imperial Fez, Bluepointe, Posh, etc.. get one of those Atlanta magazines.... tons of listing in there....

BLK JDM
01-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah there's just soo many that's why I asked for IA's help from personal experiences. I can give out a lot of places I love but I want to go someplace I haven't been before. Thanks for the input though.

Deke
01-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Silk is delicious. Expensive, amazing asian cuisine.

BLK JDM
01-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Cool thanks. I'll check it out.

aaronfelipe
01-08-2008, 03:02 PM
If you want the best atmosphere.... www.sundialrestaurant.com :goodjob:

BLK JDM
01-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Silk is delicious. Expensive, amazing asian cuisine.

I checked out their website and I really think we have a WINNER!! I appreciate that. I love the look and the menu!!

Maniac1
01-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Chops & LobsterBar.

/thread.

Deke
01-08-2008, 05:08 PM
I checked out their website and I really think we have a WINNER!! I appreciate that. I love the look and the menu!!

Glad I could help. I just saw Rusans on your list and figured I'd mention the one nice asian restaurant I know of. :)

I hope you enjoy it if you decide to go!

ironchef
01-08-2008, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't really call Rusans high-end, but it is fun and the atmosphere is great. I concur with iloveboost, Fogo de Chao is ****ing delicious!

3.5altman
01-09-2008, 12:58 AM
I heard about fogo de chao, Im planning on checking that out with my girl, but she is very very picky about food

Crazy Asian
01-09-2008, 01:37 AM
its salty...and expensive.

korilee13
01-09-2008, 02:15 AM
I wouldn't really call Rusans high-end, but it is fun and the atmosphere is great. I concur with iloveboost, Fogo de Chao is ****ing delicious!

x2 best meat you'll ever eat and all that you want. plus they have ufcking everything, lamb, pork, chicken, lots of beef

BLK JDM
01-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks for all the insight. Yeah Rusan's isn't high end but when it comes to Sushi Bars they are kinda high but the atmosphere is just great. It'll change anybodies bad mood once you step in there.

ironchef
01-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Thanks for all the insight. Yeah Rusan's isn't high end but when it comes to Sushi Bars they are kinda high but the atmosphere is just great. It'll change anybodies bad mood once you step in there.Haha yea it does, you won't leave that place with a frown on your face.

iloveboost
01-09-2008, 11:11 AM
I heard about fogo de chao, Im planning on checking that out with my girl, but she is very very picky about food
It's about $50 a plate. No free refills and goes up from there. Prepare the wallet.

BLK JDM
01-09-2008, 11:15 AM
It's about $50 a plate. No free refills and goes up from there. Prepare the wallet.

Damn there are very few places that don't give you free refills!! I can see for mixed/specialty drinks or alcohol but no free refills on my Coke is just rediculous. I guess they gotta keep you eating instead of filling up on drinks!! That's a pretty smart business move if you're a high end restaurant. Damn Chinese Buffets are the opposite. They hope you fill up on drinks instead of food b/c they have a set price already.

BLK JDM
01-10-2008, 07:16 AM
2 more days anymore suggestions!!

ironchef
01-10-2008, 07:18 AM
I've heard Ted's is pretty good, though haven't been there myself.

Dietcoke
01-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Rays on the River in buckhead is the most outstanding high-end steakhouse I've ever been to, ever. Beautiful restaurant, scenery, food is amazing. Service, style inside the place... its pricy though.

BLK JDM
01-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Cool I've been to Rays on the River before. I'll check on Ted's.

yudalicious
01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
negatory to fogo or brazilian steakhouses w/ your girl. I've yet to find girls too appreciative of the chance to eat piles and piles of grilled meat from all sorts of tasty animals... I just usually go with my buds, buncha salivating wolves.

RUSH
01-13-2008, 05:18 AM
It may be too late, but Capitol Grill in Buckhead I think thats where it is, is very nice, best Steak ever...
A friend of the family owns it, and is the one that started Rays on the river, Rio Bravo, Longhorn, and Bugaboo. They Sold long Horns this past year though

Big Baller
01-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Capital Grill is good, if you are in to Sushi...nowhere is better than M.F. Sushi Bar.

You can always check out a Tapas bar all the ones I have ever been to in atlanta are pretty good.

If you want a steak there is nowhere...I mean nowhere better in Atlanta than Bones.

DC5Integra
01-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Try Restaurant Eugene (near the Imperial Fez) There food is all organic, grown by area farmers. I forget how they describe their food, its basically just american, porkchops, prime rib, and I think lobster every now and then. The menu changes alot. Their chef was on Iron Chef and all. Its pretty expensive, you really need to like wine to get the full experience. And they have a small bar (small in size, not alchohol). Oh, and they have valet parking. I mention this because some car people don't like to valet. But, there are ways around that.

rupertaker
01-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Cool I've been to Rays on the River before. I'll check on Ted's.

Teds is great but I don't know if it's in the same category as some of these other resturants.

Deke
01-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Teds is great but I don't know if it's in the same category as some of these other resturants.

Agreed, I like it, but it's definitely not as nice as others listed.

B18c1Turboed
01-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Foco De Chow however you spell is a good one. I love that place, i take the wifey there every couple of months. we spend like 160 each time, well worth it!!

I recommend foco de chow!!

What no invitation this year jerel? i see how it is!
Dont forget to tip your vallet!!!

ironchef
01-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Its Fogo de Chao. So, BLK JDM, where did you end up going?

BLK JDM
01-13-2008, 09:41 PM
I sent this page link to my g/f and let her decide. At the time her three choices were Silk, Tamarind Seed, and Chops Lobster Bar. She chose Chops Lobster Bar. My choice was Silk but you know women win. However I had a great evening at Chops Lobster Bar and I look forward to checking out all the other places you all recommended in the upcoming year. I'm ready to try new places. I've been going to the same restaurants over and over and I told myself this year I'll try a whole bunch of new places.

ironchef
01-13-2008, 09:44 PM
It was your b-day and the woman picked? Whats up with that? :lmfao:

BLK JDM
01-14-2008, 07:18 AM
Believe me I'd rather blame a sucky evening on her and she blame it on me no matter who's B-day it is. For my B-day 2 years ago she took me to Two Urban Licks and it was an absolute horrible experience for both of us. I'm not condeming the restuarant but both our meals didn't fit our palet and the service was very slow and the restaurant was very packed. We had reservations and all but anyway I've held that over her head for 2yrs so I want to keep it that way.

She's got so much on me I can at least keep 1 thing on her!!

BLK JDM
01-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Foco De Chow however you spell is a good one. I love that place, i take the wifey there every couple of months. we spend like 160 each time, well worth it!!

I recommend foco de chow!!

What no invitation this year jerel? i see how it is!
Dont forget to tip your vallet!!!

Sorry Danny this year was just me and her. Maybe next year. That was the 1st year ever since I was a little kid that I had a party for my B-day w/ people invited. It showed who my real friends were. Even the people that didn't make it still called and gave a reason. The people that didn't come nor call-FU CK EM!!

B18c1Turboed
01-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Sorry Danny this year was just me and her. Maybe next year. That was the 1st year ever since I was a little kid that I had a party for my B-day w/ people invited. It showed who my real friends were. Even the people that didn't make it still called and gave a reason. The people that didn't come nor call-FU CK EM!!

hahah i know who u talking about!!! :(

BLK JDM
01-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Actually I was talking about two of my other friends from high school. I wasn't talking about Greg. He called and explained why he couldn't come. So did Alfonso but I had another two friends that didn't call nor come so I just don't answer my phone when they call.

Julio
01-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Ruth Chris in buckhead. ****.. get a Suite right there also... Can't go wrong.