PDA

View Full Version : B18c1 into EG swap guide(pics)

1NonlyAccord
01-06-2008, 08:24 PM
been researching for myself the past week if i can do a LS swap myself.Found this tonight,thought it be helpful to any1 that wants to do swaps or w/e.

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/b18cswap/swap.php

also includes other how-to guides with pics on the bottom link!

turboSOHC
01-06-2008, 08:40 PM
its not that hard to do a swap!!!!

1NonlyAccord
01-06-2008, 08:44 PM
thats good to hear,cuz i dont want to tear down a running car,and get it were i just screwed myself and cant do the swap myself.lol
but im sure with that guide and few extra hands ill get it figered out.with alot of tape listing things what they are..lol:ninja:

japan4racing
01-06-2008, 08:45 PM
wow, thats really in depth..good info though....when you get done swapping your motor you will understand that there is no need for a write up that in depth. its really a very simple process. if you can pull your sohc motor out then you can put your dohc motor in. also for the ***** pin on the shift linkage, if you just use an a/c bolt it will come right out. no need to buy a punch or search for the right size.

1NonlyAccord
01-06-2008, 08:49 PM
so could this be a weekend project? with a buddy of mine that prolly wants to help.hes got a 71 super bettle he restored and just put a new 1600engine into it.350z blue with a stinger exhaust,if any1s seen him driving around gwinnett.lol

japan4racing
01-06-2008, 09:04 PM
i have alot of experience but this project can be done in a couple hours...since its your first and you are not sure where the **** goes it will take longer..just make sure you have the little parts...radiator hoses, fluids ect...normally what holds up the most time is small ****. just take your time and you will see its not that bad. most things will only go to one place so you really cant screw it up. and dont forget those grounds on the thermostat housing!!