PDA

View Full Version : B18B info/input needed.

1NonlyAccord
01-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Looking at purchasing a B18B,5speed from a 94+ integra.from TigerJapanese autoparts...> link to the what im looking at:
http://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=114&category_id=6&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Plan on getting a EG in a few months,probably bone stock,HIGH mile engine for as cheap as i can find one for.$2000/2500$ for my DD college drive. Cheaper it is the more it leaves me to buy the engine swap.ect
Im going to leave the engine on the hoist,so i can build it up for boost.Just curious what i would need if anything to make a reliable 250whp from this motor. I know about the injectors ,fullpump//ect.,,but im talking bout
pistons,rods,ect..any input and estimated price? Most likly stay NON VTEC since iv read it will cause complications with boost and i dont want to deal with extra things to work out.
reps if i can will be givin for any info unless smarta ssing

green91
01-06-2008, 08:15 PM
ive seen several ls do 230-240 reasonably safely on stock internals with a good tune, if you opt to build the block you're looking at 1200-1300$ estimated parts + labor. and thats not even counting headwork.

1NonlyAccord
01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
i try and plan on doing everything in my garage..i dont think im going to go ALL out and do the port and polish head ect.lol
so i can get away with having stock internals?

mezzies96teg
01-07-2008, 01:10 AM
u can go with stock internals with low boost...max 7-10psi to keep the engine from going soo quick...if you are looking to do any kind of bottom end replacement (rods, pistons, etc.), you are gonna need to do it with a fresh engine meaning you are going to have to go and have it machined to get rid of all the carbon and build up...but for 250whp...i dun think you will need to build the bottom...its really up 2 you tho bro...later man

Mezz

mezzies96teg
01-07-2008, 01:13 AM
also bro don't look to build a "cheap" boosted car...u will pay for it in the long run...or maybe even in the beginning...boost isn't cheap and make sure to do ur research and decide if it will be worth it to save a little more and it last a lot longer with lil or no problems...or hope that everything goes well...also make sure to TUNE TUNE TUNE! later bro

Mezz