PDA

View Full Version : Daytona

matthewAPM
01-06-2008, 07:19 PM
So me, Ian (M5 Lite), and my 2 teammates went down to Daytona for the Rolex 24hrs. of Daytona testing. Man was it great. Got to see a lot of people I havent seen since last season and meet a few new guys. Koni Challenge was really good. A few new teams from last year. In Grand-Am, the #50 Mustang was fastest in 2 sessions. The Penske Toshiba car was the fastest DP (i think).

Most of the cars were still in testing paint but the TRG guys had there new graphics on and it looked great. The M6 was fawkin nice. All CF still.

Anyway, we were on the way back and we stopped in Valdosta to grab some food when 9 BMW M6's pulled up (all 2008's). The cars were being used at the BMW Driving School. The reason they were driving was to break in the motors. They were driving from South Carolina to Daytona, then back to Tail Of the Dragon (they are doing a run tomorrow) then back to the school. All i can say is POWER!

All in all it was a good weekend. good weather, warm weather, no serious wrecks by us or any team, and a ride back with M6's. only bad thing was the gas. $3.37 a gallon.

SicStang03
01-06-2008, 07:51 PM
You didn't get any pics.... GEY

OnURleft
01-06-2008, 08:22 PM
You didn't get any pics.... GEY

ahhh yeah no pics of the group of M6's but matts team mate got about 350 of the weekend. We'll get him on too uploading some good ones...

Oh yeah..

Bugatti Veyron parked next to my car in the infield FTW

matthewAPM
01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
oo yeah. forgot about the Bugatti. he was with a GT3 RS and a lambo. it was so funny, he had it in race mode and the car was dropped with the wing up, then he had to cut across the grass so he raised the car up then drove across the grass. LMAO. show off.

but i did get some pics of the M6. i sent the pics to my email...yeah there camera phone pics but its better than nothing

matthewAPM
01-06-2008, 09:40 PM
the camera phone pictures

matthewAPM
01-06-2008, 10:06 PM
a few Grand-Am cars and a sweet old porsche.