PDA

View Full Version : Misc Michael Vick may be out in a year

TIGERJC
01-06-2008, 06:04 PM
http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=109122

Reports: Vick to Enter Rehab Program

Reports suggest former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick could get out of prison earlier than expected.

Yahoo! Sports reports that Vick has entered a drug rehab program after testing positive for marijuana and that the only place the drug treatment program is available is Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary in Kansas.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons Web site listed prisoner Michael Dwayne Vick as "in transit" Sunday evening.

Yahoo! Sports speculated Vick could be released from prison in a year if he completes the program.

I haven't seen this posted anywhere on IA, so here it is for the ppl that might have missed this news report

On_Her_Face
01-06-2008, 06:06 PM
yay.. vick for prez

TIGERJC
01-06-2008, 06:09 PM
You da.mn right

DrewS2K
01-06-2008, 10:48 PM
of course he will.. look at what didnt even happen to OJ...they went a hair further with vick

jew_boy
01-06-2008, 10:53 PM
everyone hide ur dogs lol

Thighs
01-06-2008, 10:56 PM
haha good. i wanna go to his house and bet on the fights... bet id be rich then :goodjob:

AlanŽ
01-07-2008, 12:13 AM
of course he will.. look at what didnt even happen to OJ...they went a hair further with vick
there is a reason OJ didnt go to jail "If the glove doesn't fit you must acquit"-Johnny Cochran. Bet if Vick had him as a lawyer the judge would have been wistleing dixy out of his ass as an apology

Hulud
01-07-2008, 07:54 AM
there is a reason OJ didnt go to jail "If the glove doesn't fit you must acquit"-Johnny Cochran. Bet if Vick had him as a lawyer the judge would have been wistleing dixy out of his ass as an apology
lol @ cochran

seriously, if i were OJ's lawyer i would have said the same damn thing, its not hard to get an aquittal when the racist LAPD plant evidence.

DieselNuts
01-07-2008, 08:02 AM
This is such bull****. See what money can buy you. If it was a regular everyday guy (white or black) he would still be sitting in jail for more than the 2 years Vick was given...

Hulud
01-07-2008, 08:04 AM
This is such bull****. See what money can buy you. If it was a regular everyday guy (white or black) he would still be sitting in jail for more than the 2 years Vick was given...
you gotta realize there are two sets of rules

one for regular people
and one for people with money

Spectic Tank
01-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Rehab for Pot?

Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck **** for coke. Now that's an addiction. You ever suck some **** for marijuana?

Kelly
01-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Is this suppose to be a suprise? Thought everyone predicted this.

Reps for the info though.

Hulud
01-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Rehab for Pot?
lol @ bob saget

DieselNuts
01-07-2008, 08:19 AM
you gotta realize there are two sets of rules

one for regular people
and one for people with money

Yeah, I know. It doesnt mean that its not bullsh!t though

con
01-07-2008, 08:22 AM
that first mofo who snitched gonna be ducking and hiding 11 months sooner than he anticipated. how in the hell do you snitch on family & long term friends who padded your pockets and still end up with 2 mos. dumbass thought he was gonna walk with probation.

Hulud
01-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Yeah, I know. It doesnt mean that its not bullsh!t though
i agree

DieselNuts
01-07-2008, 08:25 AM
does anyone think another NFL team will try to pick him up once he's out?

Hulud
01-07-2008, 08:25 AM
that first mofo who snitched gonna be ducking and hiding 11 months sooner than he anticipated. how in the hell do you snitch on family & long term friends who padded your pockets and still end up with 2 mos. dumbass thought he was gonna walk with probation.
you honestly think vick will have someone attack him AFTER vick gets out of jail, if at all?

1. vick would be dumber than everyone thought
2. if he were to send someone to hurt that guy then it would be while vick is in jail to look innocent
3. vick is not that dumb

Hulud
01-07-2008, 08:27 AM
does anyone think another NFL team will try to pick him up once he's out?
if he can play in 09 then yes, it will be dallas

why? you ask

because Jerry Jones loves having a f*cking 3 ring circus over there

but honestly if i were an owner i would pick him up as a backup QB/HB

because if he were the HB there would still be the threat of him throwing after getting the ball.

id pick him up cause he will be a bargain

TicketRedBB6
01-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Yeah someone will pick him up for pretty cheap and for a short contract. There are a lot of teams that need a QB now and dont have the time to draft someone and take a chance on them. Vick has already proven to be a decent QB, someone will get him.

DieselNuts
01-07-2008, 08:33 AM
if he can play in 09 then yes, it will be dallas

why? you ask

because Jerry Jones loves having a f*cking 3 ring circus over there

because if he were the HB there would still be the threat of him throwing after getting the ball.

id pick him up cause he will be a bargain

I agree with you as far as the HB position goes. Thats where he should be anyway. I was just curious as to what everyones opinion would be.

Spectic Tank
01-07-2008, 08:37 AM

Do you really think he could hack it as a HB in the NFL? The amount of contact a HB recieves in a game is 10x that of a QB. I think he has plenty of skill to play HB, but can he take that kind of punishment? especially being out of the leaugue for 2-3 years?

Hulud
01-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Do you really think he could hack it as a HB in the NFL? The amount of contact a HB recieves in a game is 10x that of a QB. I think he has plenty of skill to play HB, but can he take that kind of punishment? especially being out of the leaugue for 2-3 years?
not as the fulltime HB, he was basically a backup HB in Atl anyways lol

he can move, he wont lose that much in 1 year of jail, then after jail he will continue conditioning

Spectic Tank
01-07-2008, 08:48 AM
not as the fulltime HB, he was basically a backup HB in Atl anyways lol

he can move, he wont lose that much in 1 year of jail, then after jail he will continue conditioning

I see what you mean (and I'm sure some team like Oakland will pick him up), but I think he would suffer from "fumblitis" as a HB.

Even if he spends a year in jail, doesn't he possibly face a suspension from the NFL as well? so that 1 year could turn into 2. And even though he can condition nothing can simulate the speed of an actual game.

Hulud
01-07-2008, 09:06 AM
I see what you mean (and I'm sure some team like Oakland will pick him up), but I think he would suffer from "fumblitis" as a HB.

Even if he spends a year in jail, doesn't he possibly face a suspension from the NFL as well? so that 1 year could turn into 2. And even though he can condition nothing can simulate the speed of an actual game.
fumblitis LOL nice term, i like it

but about the suspension, thats when i put the 09 season at the begining of my post, but i still think that if he cant return till 10 someone will still pick him up

Hulud
01-07-2008, 09:08 AM
i still think that he shouldnt be suspended another year from football, i mean he will have missed 2 years and atleast 1 in prison.

give the man another chance, we all/he knows he f*cked up

and honestly i did not like vick as the QB for the falcons, but give the man another chance

onebadgt
01-07-2008, 09:17 AM
I SAY WHEN HE GETS OUT HELL BE ON A PRACTICE FIELD ABOUT 4 WEEKS THEN BE STARTING SOMEWHERE. PROB ATL LOL

Hulud
01-07-2008, 09:18 AM
I SAY WHEN HE GETS OUT HELL BE ON A PRACTICE FIELD ABOUT 4 WEEKS THEN BE STARTING SOMEWHERE. PROB ATL LOL
that right there just destroyed any credibility to what you posted LOL

ATL will not take him back, thats why they are trying to get back their signing bonuses from him

ueyedgr8tness
01-07-2008, 09:19 AM

:yes:

Hulud
01-07-2008, 09:19 AM
:yes:
you honestly agree that vick will be back in ATL?

tony
01-07-2008, 10:22 AM
common loophole not exclusive to celebrities.. no need to boo hoo

Vick at running back is plain dumb, at worst wide receiver but good QB's that fill the seats are rare in the NFL.. he would certainly be accepted with open arms even in Tampa Bay which would be pretty cool to me.

TicketRedBB6
01-07-2008, 10:29 AM
I dont think he should get suspended. I mean what he did had nothing to do with the NFL. I dont understand why players always get suspended or fined because they do something that makes a bad image for the sport. If it has nothing to do with the spoirt, let other authorities take care of it.

ueyedgr8tness
01-07-2008, 10:54 AM
you honestly agree that vick will be back in ATL?

Out of all the hate ppl have for him.I still say he was not the falcons problem and would love to see him back in ATL atleast he he made atl $ when he was here.Do your check up's how full the dome got after vick started playing even if we lost we got to see him do some crazy shi*

Hulud
01-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Out of all the hate ppl have for him.I still say he was not the falcons problem and would love to see him back in ATL atleast he he made atl $ when he was here.Do your check up's how full the dome got after vick started playing even if we lost we got to see him do some crazy shi*
this is true, its Arthurs fault. i agree 100%.

but vick is not as good as all these fans seem to think, his decision making was not the best.

but on Arthurs fault its because he is too hands on, he needs to let the people he hires run the team.

Kelly
01-07-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm not saying he'll be back. But just imagine his first game at the Dome IF he did come back. Lol, when he came thru the "tunnel" the place would go absolutely crazy. :yes:

Hulud
01-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Vick at running back is plain dumb,
how so? he basically ran almost as much as dunn and duckett did...

im not saying put him as the primary but more of a utility player (i.e. backup QB/HB like i originally posted)

but good QB's that fill the seats are rare in the NFL..
are you kidding me? lol

oh thats right i forgot about Garrard, Favre, Manning, Romo, Brady, McNabb, Roethlisberger

its an equal dispersion amongst QB,HB,WR

AlanŽ
01-07-2008, 12:06 PM
i actually disagree with this statement and here's why. If it had been your average joe schmo unless the media had gotten a hold of the story and no one would have ever known the courts would have slapped him with minimal if any jail time and probation. But because Vick is a celebrity and it made the news the courts HAD to make an example of him.

does anyone think another NFL team will try to pick him up once he's out?Absolutely Atlanta will probably try and get him back. Why? Think about it if he gets out next year and get back into the NFL in either '09 or '10 for that He will have a year or 2 of conditioning under his belt which means he won't hardly be out of shape. Now for the reason Atlanta will take him out. It comes down to dollars and :2cents: Arthur Blank is trying to get back all the money in signing bonuses that he put out before he went to jail. But if Vick were eligible to play in either '09 or '10 it would be more cost effective to simply give him back his position and let him play. Let's face it Atlanta is in a bad spot. We look like a bunch of high school kids on the field. Vick while not that great of QB was definitely a gifted athlete and no one can deny that. Like I said it's about Dollars and :2cents: and Arthur Blank is a business man. I think once he sits down and looks at how much in attorney's fees and how much time it will take for him to get all that money back he will realize that would be less expensive to simply let him play and let him bring in money for the franchise. However if he does not go back to Atlanta he could end up in either Tampa, Miami, or Oakland or any other team that is struggling to fill seats(I really doubt he would ever end up in dallas.)Give this a few years after he is out and people will forget all about it. And whoever picks him up will probably make him either a QB or a running back which is personally where I think he belongs because like i said he was never that great of a QB. Entertainig yes but great :no: .

Hulud
01-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Absolutely Atlanta will probably try and get him back. Why? Think about it if he gets out next year and get back into the NFL in either '09 or '10 for that He will have a year or 2 of conditioning under his belt which means he won't hardly be out of shape. Now for the reason Atlanta will take him out. It comes down to dollars and :2cents: Arthur Blank is trying to get back all the money in signing bonuses that he put out before he went to jail. But if Vick were eligible to play in either '09 or '10 it would be more cost effective to simply give him back his position and let him play. Let's face it Atlanta is in a bad spot. We look like a bunch of high school kids on the field. Vick while not that great of QB was definitely a gifted athlete and no one can deny that. Like I said it's about Dollars and :2cents: and Arthur Blank is a business man. I think once he sits down and looks at how much in attorney's fees and how much time it will take for him to get all that money back he will realize that would be less expensive to simply let him play and let him bring in money for the franchise. However if he does not go back to Atlanta he could end up in either Tampa, Miami, or Oakland or any other team that is struggling to fill seats(I really doubt he would ever end up in dallas.)Give this a few years after he is out and people will forget all about it. And whoever picks him up will probably make him either a QB or a running back which is personally where I think he belongs because like i said he was never that great of a QB. Entertainig yes but great :no: .

arthur is a businessman but he feels betrayed by vick, so i will put $$ on the line that he will never play in ATL ever again.

tony
01-07-2008, 12:36 PM
how so? he basically ran almost as much as dunn and duckett did...

im not saying put him as the primary but more of a utility player (i.e. backup QB/HB like i originally posted)

are you kidding me? lol

oh thats right i forgot about Garrard, Favre, Manning, Romo, Brady, McNabb, Roethlisberger

its an equal dispersion amongst QB,HB,WR

You named me quarterbacks that are currently playing, I'm talking about quarterbacks that are available, good and will put fans in the seats...

If you know of a waiting list of these type of quarterbacks I'm sure Atlanta, Minnesota, Houston, Tampa Bay, Miami, Chicago, Kansas City, The Jets, and San Francisco would love to have a talk with you about this list.

nreggie454
01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
IMO I think it is pretty stupid that you can get dog fighting charges reduced by going to rehab for something completely unrelated.

Also, I think Vick will have more trouble getting picked up than a lot of people are saying. A couple years ago, Vick was one of the hottest QBs and was definitely a one-of-a-kind player. However, since Vick has been around, there are more QBs coming up who are constant run threats. I think they would get picked up a lot sooner since they will probably be cheaper and have much less negative publicity.

VIP Style
01-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah someone will pick him up for pretty cheap and for a short contract. There are a lot of teams that need a QB now and dont have the time to draft someone and take a chance on them. Vick has already proven to be a decent QB, someone will get him.
yeah i agree he was pretty decent, but I dont think atlanta plans on letting him go, he still is under contract with the falcons.

TicketRedBB6
01-07-2008, 09:12 PM
yeah i agree he was pretty decent, but I dont think atlanta plans on letting him go, he still is under contract with the falcons.

I thought Arthur Blank said that he will never play for them again during the last Saints vs. Falcons game? Or am i wrong?

kingkong
01-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I knew it