PDA

View Full Version : i hate this cop!!!

deathrex
01-06-2008, 12:18 AM
So tonight i stopped by quick trip on my way home to pick up a pack of ciggs and a drink. When i come out theres a cop looking at my truck (bagged s10). He ask me if the truck was mine and i said yes. Then he starts ranting and raving about how modifing a suspension is illeagle. And of course im a smart a$$. So i asked him so your saying if i were to lift a truck it would be illeagle? To lower a car it would be illeagle? He became irate saying he was going to impound my truck and what not. I asked him for what, the the F*&^#ing p#*&k said because he can. Then i told him his suspension on his police cruiser has been modified ( basically police package suspension ) and he didnt say anything. He then went on about my window tint ( my front windows were down ) saying its too dark. He thought i didnt know tint laws. And basically told him off on that and i would not roll up my front windows for him to check. Then he started Bi%$*ing about my fuel cell being in the bed of the truck. Saying i was going to blow somebody up with that. Basically i think the guys a C@(k sucker and has nothing better to do. Im usually not one to rant about the police, I respect what they do and when i get tickets its usually beacuse i did something stupid. But this guy was just out of his mind:screwy: . I mean honestly dont they have bigger and better things to take care of? sorry i just needed to rant.

RandomGuy
01-06-2008, 12:21 AM
i c

Annihilation
01-06-2008, 12:48 AM
*****************Illegal *************

korilee13
01-06-2008, 12:51 AM
*****************Illegal *************

that was driving me nuts as well

rizzler
01-06-2008, 12:56 AM
so he just bitched you out but you got no tickets correct?

BuBBa DRiFT
01-06-2008, 01:02 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/DXGodfather/ill-eagle.jpg

Alan®
01-06-2008, 01:25 AM
i say you got off easy cause he could have wrote you a bunch of tickets but didn't i think he just wanted to flex his powers of being able to ***** you out and you not be able to do anything

GuessWho
01-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Just dont get in ur car until he leaves so therefore he isnt able to write you up for sheet

HalfBaked
01-06-2008, 01:49 AM
How about just don't be a ****ing douchebag next time.

****ing trashy minitruck drivers.

JConner
01-06-2008, 01:55 AM
learn how to spell illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSRteg®
01-06-2008, 01:55 AM
Were you in that black S10?

GuessWho
01-06-2008, 01:59 AM
Harsh... but i couldnt agree anymore!!

R32Dragon
01-06-2008, 04:11 AM
damn oinkies

David88vert
01-06-2008, 08:09 AM
Always just get their name and badge number off their uniform first. Be polite but firm. Know the law. If I remember correctly, it is illegal in GA to alter a car's suspension by more than 3 inches (it may be only 2 inches). I think HB192 was defeated back in 01 that would apply it to trucks though. On all vehicles though, the height of the headlights must be at least 24 inches from the ground, and taillights must be at least 20 inches off the ground.
My Impala has hydros, but I never have a problem, simply because I show that I am not a pushover while being polite but firm. That's all you need to do if you are being harassed. There is no point in arguing with someone who has very little intelligence.

quickdodge®
01-06-2008, 10:04 AM
So i asked him so your saying if i were to lift a truck it would be illeagle? To lower a car it would be illeagle?

Correct on both accounts, genius. You had no ground to stand on and you were the one that looked like an idiot. Of course, I'm sure you probably didn't do/say half the things you said you did/said out there. I'm quite sure this "fable" has had some embellishments added to it. Later, QD.

Rsxguy
01-06-2008, 10:13 AM
true fuk the popo

quickdodge®
01-06-2008, 10:14 AM
true fuk the popo

How cool are you. Later, QD.

Jecht
01-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Lowered any more than 2" then yes, it is illegal.

quickdodge®
01-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Lowered any more than 2" then yes, it is illegal.

Jecht, it's 3". Lowered or raised. Later, QD.

The Ninja
01-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Jecht, it's 3". Lowered or raised. Later, QD.

Negative. Its 2 lower or raised. Jecht was correct.

(a) It shall be unlawful to alter the suspension system of any private passenger motor vehicle which may be operated on any public street or highway more than two inches above or below the factory recommendation for any such vehicle.

http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2001_02/fulltext/hb192.htm

Slow Motion
01-06-2008, 11:27 AM

(a) It shall be unlawful to alter the suspension system of any private passenger motor vehicle which may be operated on any public street or highway more than two inches above or below the factory recommendation for any such vehicle.

http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2001_02/fulltext/hb192.htm (http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2001_02/fulltext/hb192.htm)

:ninja:

quickdodge®
01-06-2008, 11:55 AM

SO it has been changed in the last few years. I sit corrected. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
01-06-2008, 11:56 AM
:ninja:

I'm not too "bad ass" to admit when I'm wrong. It's all good. Nah mean. Later, QD.

Nemesis
01-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Learn how to spell illegel!!!

lol

The Ninja
01-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Yea...QD knows wassup.

Lol, naw I'm playing. It may seem like a recent change to you, but its been like that for some years now I believe. When I first got my permit, I remember reading it somewhere.

Edit: How old are you?

quickdodge®
01-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Lol, naw I'm playing. It may seem like a recent change to you, but its been like that for some years now I believe. When I first got my permit, I remember reading it somewhere.

I'm just about 38.

Lolol. I remember being pulled over on Memorial Drive when I lived there and I was asked about my ride height. I was in my 88 Accord sitting literally 1/2" off the ground. He told me the height was illegal. I told him I didn't know that and he took me to the trunk of his car and got out the "book." He showed me specifically that same law you quoted but it had 3" instead of 2. Later, QD.

The Ninja
01-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Oh ****.....Do cops even carry around books with laws in them anymore?

quickdodge®
01-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Oh ****.....Do cops even carry around books with laws in them anymore?

Probably computer now. Lolol. Later, QD.

deathrex
01-06-2008, 12:16 PM
so he just bitched you out but you got no tickets correct?

No tickets

How about just don't be a ****ing douchebag next time.

****ing trashy minitruck drivers.

I wasent being a douchebag. Ive read up on the law and there are no clauses on a adjustable suspension. So i can sit either 2 inches higher or 2 inches lower if they want to measure it be my guest. As far as my windows go the back glass is 2% sides are 2% driver and pass window are 32%

Were you in that black S10?

Primer blue s10

quickdodge®
01-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Ive read up on the law and there are no clauses on a adjustable suspension.

Lolol @ needing to watch more Reading Rainbow and less Fast & Furious. Later, QD.

On_Her_Face
01-06-2008, 12:20 PM
So tonight i stopped by quick trip on my way home to pick up a pack of ciggs and a drink. When i come out theres a cop looking at my truck (bagged s10). He ask me if the truck was mine and i said yes. Then he starts ranting and raving about how modifing a suspension is illeagle. And of course im a smart a$$. So i asked him so your saying if i were to lift a truck it would be illeagle? To lower a car it would be illeagle? He became irate saying he was going to impound my truck and what not. I asked him for what, the the F*&^#ing p#*&k said because he can. Then i told him his suspension on his police cruiser has been modified ( basically police package suspension ) and he didnt say anything. He then went on about my window tint ( my front windows were down ) saying its too dark. He thought i didnt know tint laws. And basically told him off on that and i would not roll up my front windows for him to check. Then he started Bi%$*ing about my fuel cell being in the bed of the truck. Saying i was going to blow somebody up with that. Basically i think the guys a C@(k sucker and has nothing better to do. Im usually not one to rant about the police, I respect what they do and when i get tickets its usually beacuse i did something stupid. But this guy was just out of his mind:screwy: . I mean honestly dont they have bigger and better things to take care of? sorry i just needed to rant.

way to not bring more attention to your car :goodjob:

Thighs
01-06-2008, 12:29 PM
. Ive read up on the law and there are no clauses on a adjustable suspension.

like santa clauses? that was last month, minitrucker.

Kaiser
01-06-2008, 12:51 PM
No tickets

I wasent being a douchebag. Ive read up on the law and there are no clauses on a adjustable suspension. So i can sit either 2 inches higher or 2 inches lower if they want to measure it be my guest. As far as my windows go the back glass is 2% sides are 2% driver and pass window are 32%

Primer blue s10

Your suspension might not be, but your tints are illegal.

redrumracer
01-06-2008, 12:58 PM
who cares about how much you can lower or raise the car/truck. since you have air ride just lift the truck back up to legal ride height before you go on the road. its that simple

quickdodge®
01-06-2008, 01:02 PM
who cares about how much you can lower or raise the car/truck. since you have air ride just lift the truck back up to legal ride height before you go on the road. its that simple

He couldn't do that in front of the cop. Adjusting suspension(hydros or air) is also illegal on public road surfaces. Later, QD.

redrumracer
01-06-2008, 01:05 PM
He couldn't do that in front of the cop. Adjusting suspension(hydros or air) is also illegal on public road surfaces. Later, QD.

while moving, plus he was at a store which is private property

quickdodge®
01-06-2008, 01:08 PM
while moving, plus he was at a store which is private property

Doesn't have to be moving. Later, QD.

redrumracer
01-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Doesn't have to be moving. Later, QD.

:D still private property though. :D and you might be correct in GA, i was just going based off of SC laws.

quickdodge®
01-06-2008, 01:14 PM
:D still private property though. :D and you might be correct in GA, i was just going based off of SC laws.

I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to operate those devices in most any state. For the most part, vehicle modification laws are basically the same between states. Later, QD.

Kaiser
01-06-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to operate those devices in most any state. For the most part, vehicle modification laws are basically the same between states. Later, QD.

Air adjustable suspension is definitely legal under some circumstances (Factory Fitted, for example, as on high-end Lincoln Towncars, Buicks, and the bigger Audi's such as the A8 and Q7) I believe it's also legal for installation on other vehicles, since there are plenty of air-ride Limos out there. Not certain on that, anyone care to look it up and share while we're on the topic?

Jin
01-06-2008, 01:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/DXGodfather/ill-eagle.jpg

OMG LOLOL I laughed so hard IRL

Repped!

SicStang03
01-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Learn how to spell illegel!!!

lol

LOL :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:.. take your own advice

SicStang03
01-06-2008, 02:09 PM

It doesn't matter... He was parked, as long as he is back up to ride hight when he leaves the cop can't do anything but suck his own co(k

KPowerEP3
01-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Your suspension might not be, but your tints are illegal.

How, exactly, do you figure that? In a truck, bus, van or SUV, the rear glass and rear passenger glass can (or at least could, last time I checked) be any percentage, while the front passenger windows and windshield have the same restrictions as cars

Alan®
01-06-2008, 05:21 PM
No tickets

Primer blue s10
unless you are a lawyer and understand how to interpret the law you don't know ****

The Ninja
01-06-2008, 05:39 PM
It doesn't matter... He was parked, as long as he is back up to ride hight when he leaves the cop can't do anything but suck his own co(k

The f*ck is wrong with you? Don't quote me, I ain't said sh*t.

SicStang03
01-06-2008, 06:19 PM
The f*ck is wrong with you? Don't quote me, I ain't said sh*t.

You stupid ****.. I was refering to this::goodjob:

I believe you posted that right:thinking:

The Ninja
01-06-2008, 06:32 PM
You apparently didn't listen to much Ice Cube. Anyways, it was a joke. Re-****ing-lax. Choke on a dingleberry.

SicStang03
01-06-2008, 06:46 PM
You apparently didn't listen to much Ice Cube. Anyways, it was a joke. Re-****ing-lax. Choke on a dingleberry.

I know:goodjob:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u141/bradsjl/Random/phonl0.jpg

Vayda
01-06-2008, 06:59 PM
How, exactly, do you figure that? In a truck, bus, van or SUV, the rear glass and rear passenger glass can (or at least could, last time I checked) be any percentage, while the front passenger windows and windshield have the same restrictions as cars

It's a recent change, but you are incorrect, good sir.

From http://dps.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,5635600_76738471_39267808,00.html

The law allows for the same light transmission standards as the previous law. It is now illegal for window tinting material to be applied to the rear, side and door windows of motor vehicles that does not allow for more than 32 percent of light transmission (plus or minus three percent). It is also illegal for materials to be applied to the windows that increase the level of light reflected to more than 20 percent. Additionally, except for the top six inches of the windshield, no material or glazing can be applied that would reduce the light transmission through the windshield.

SicStang03
01-06-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm phucked then

deathrex
01-07-2008, 12:43 AM
unless you are a lawyer and understand how to interpret the law you don't know ****

Sisters a lawyer. Talked to her and got her to look into it:goodjob: and still found nothing i did illegal. As far as driving arround hitting the switches yeah that will get you into trouble. If your parked in a parking lot ( private property ) they cant say or do anything. More than likely fallow you arround and find some b.s. they can pull you over for.

DirtyMechanic
01-07-2008, 05:23 AM

ga law is very to understand you deff dont need a lawyer to interpret it.

DirtyMechanic
01-07-2008, 05:24 AM
It's a recent change, but you are incorrect, good sir.

From http://dps.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,5635600_76738471_39267808,00.html

The law allows for the same light transmission standards as the previous law. It is now illegal for window tinting material to be applied to the rear, side and door windows of motor vehicles that does not allow for more than 32 percent of light transmission (plus or minus three percent). It is also illegal for materials to be applied to the windows that increase the level of light reflected to more than 20 percent. Additionally, except for the top six inches of the windshield, no material or glazing can be applied that would reduce the light transmission through the windshield.

thats from 2005 im sure it has been changed since then.

Kaiser
01-07-2008, 10:47 AM

You need to check again. Trucks are not exempted as part of the commercial vehicle exemption since the tint law was reinstated after it was struck down. Vans, buses, Limos, Government vehicles. I don't feel like looking it up again, I've done it almost 10 times since I've been on the forums, but I guess I will.

Link can be found here, contains copy of OCG (http://home.pcisys.net/%7Ebpc/auto_law/tint/tint_ga.html) Normally I would find an official link, but that's good enough for the time being.

40-8-73.1(c) is what you want to look at. Look for "Trucks" as an exemption.

Quoted for emphasis, parts 6 and 7.
(6) The rear windshield or the side or door windows, except those
windows to the right and left of the driver of:
(A) A multipurpose passenger vehicle;
(B) A school bus, any other bus used for public transportation, and
any bus or van owned or leased by any religious or any nonprofit
organization duly incorporated under the laws of this state;
(C) Any limousine owned or leased by a public or private entity; or
(D) Any other vehicle, the windows or windshields of which have been
tinted or darkened before factory delivery or permitted by federal
law or regulation; or
(7) Any law enforcement vehicle.

Unless your tint is factory smoked, or you drive a school bus. You don't have an exemption any more. The "Multipurpose Passenger Vehicle" based on a truck chassis has not held up in court for protecting small street trucks. Magistrate courts across the state have already upheld that the law intends it to be off-road/farm vehicle style equipment. Thank Georgia Lawmakers for being as vague as possible on that issue. You can fight it based on that if you want, but with the new wording of "Multipurpose Vehicle" you have to actually prove that you meet the qualifications of multipurpose somehow. Personally I think the law should be struck down again just because it's so vague. If you want to deep-tint your windows, go ahead. There are plenty of shops who'll do it. Doesn't mean that a cop won't write your lowered truck a ticket as a single purpose personal vehicle rather than the "Multipurpose Vehicle" that gets an exemption. :-\

Expect the next iteration of the law to not include that at all, if current trends continue.

Ran
01-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Wish they would start enforcing these suspension laws. These morons with their redneck wanna-be monster trucks are going to kill someone in an accident.

Kaiser
01-07-2008, 12:09 PM
I agree, but on the same token, a car that's significantly lowered could cause a major traffic backup if it went over a big speed bump or raised train tracks, etc. Of course, the guys with the big trucks also tend to do about 90 on 45mph roads while the guys with lowered cars avoid speedbumps like the plague.

Hulud
01-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Sisters a lawyer. Talked to her and got her to look into it:goodjob: and still found nothing i did illegal. As far as driving arround hitting the switches yeah that will get you into trouble. If your parked in a parking lot ( private property ) they cant say or do anything. More than likely fallow you arround and find some b.s. they can pull you over for.
fallow? like the deer?
http://www.worlddeer.org/pics/fallow.jpg

Kaiser
01-07-2008, 12:24 PM
fallow? like the deer?

Or fallow, like leaving a field without crops for a season.

deathrex
01-07-2008, 03:00 PM
like the deer lol.

deathrex
01-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Wish they would start enforcing these suspension laws. These morons with their redneck wanna-be monster trucks are going to kill someone in an accident.

I agree, but on the same token, a car that's significantly lowered could cause a major traffic backup if it went over a big speed bump or raised train tracks, etc. Of course, the guys with the big trucks also tend to do about 90 on 45mph roads while the guys with lowered cars avoid speedbumps like the plague.

Very true. 53's are now legal on the roads in georgia. Thats a big tire. To actually fit that on a truck would take a massive lift, but ive seen a taho in buford on 53's with a cop behind him and the cop did nothing. Like i said though some cops are cool and some have nothing else to do than mess with people. Ive had cops tell me to hit the switches and all they do is give me the thumbs up. Each to their own i guess.

§treet_§peed
01-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Wish they would start enforcing these suspension laws. These morons with their redneck wanna-be monster trucks are going to kill someone in an accident. i have already seen it happen multipule times.. hell i have even seen one run over a motor cycle..:(